Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 14:03:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 22:03 UTC

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:

> Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

> ◙ Background:

> The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret

BEIJING, Dec 9 (Reuters) - China's President Xi Jinping said in Riyadh on Friday that China and Gulf nations should make full use of the Shanghai Petroleum and National Gas Exchange as a platform to carry out yuan settlement of oil and gas trade.

China and states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) are natural partners for cooperation, Xi said in a speech at the China-GCC summit.

"China will continue to import large quantities of crude oil from GCC countries, expand imports of liquefied natural gas, strengthen cooperation in upstream oil and gas development, engineering services, storage, transportation and refining, and make full use of the Shanghai Petroleum and National Gas Exchange as a platform to carry out yuan settlement of oil and gas trade," he said.

China to use Shanghai exchange for yuan energy deals with Gulf nations - X
December 9, 2022
https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/chinas-xi-tells-gulf-nations-use-shanghai-exchange-yuan-energy-deals-2022-12-09/

> ◙ 2017:
>
> Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
>

> ◙ 2018:
>
> Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
>
> 1. Install a Russian base
> 2. Take oil to $200
> 3. Kill the petro dollar
> 4. Stop buying US weapons
>
> US will "stab its own economy to death"
>
> https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar