From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 07:36:58 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:36 UTC

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle�s Netflix documentary includes a clip from the
infamous BBC �Panorama� interview that Prince William said should never air
again.

The two brothers appeared united on that front just 18 months ago, when both
spoke out about the interview � which a BBC inquiry determined had been
secured through deception � and argued that it may have contributed to the
late Princess Diana�s untimely death.

Blaming Martin Bashir for tricking their mother into doing the interview and
the BBC for airing it, both men agreed that it had ultimately helped to
foster her growing sense of �fear, paranoia and isolation.� Her comment about
King Charles� affair with Camilla Parker Bowles � �There were three of us in
this marriage, so it was a bit crowded� � led the late Queen Elizabeth II to
encourage a divorce, which stripped Diana of both her title and the royals�
security that accompanied it.

�It is my view that the deceitful way the interview was obtained
substantially influenced what my mother said. The interview was a major
contribution to making my parents� relationship worse and has since hurt
countless others,� William said of the interview. �It is my firm view that
this �Panorama� program holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again.
It effectively established a false narrative which, for over a quarter of a
century, has been commercialized by the BBC and others.�

Prince Harry added, �Our mother was an incredible woman who dedicated her
life to service. She was resilient, brave, and unquestionably honest. The
ripple effect of a culture of exploitation and unethical practices ultimately
took her life.�

Despite all that, however, Harry opted to include the interview in his
Netflix docuseries � in a segment addressing the media fascination with the
royals and all who fall within their orbit.

�I think she had a lived experience of how she was struggling living that
life. She felt compelled to talk about it,� Harry explained in the series. He
then pivoted to the infamous interview, adding, �Especially that �Panorama�
interview. I think we all now know she was deceived into giving the
interview, but at the same time she spoke the truth of her experience.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again

<atropos-E6A5D9.10030109122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167922&group=rec.arts.tv#167922

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 10:03:01 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:03 UTC

In article <tmva5a$1574g$3@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Prince Harry and Meghan Markle�s Netflix documentary includes a clip from the
> infamous BBC PANORAMA interview that Prince William said should never air
> again.
>
> The two brothers appeared united on that front just 18 months ago, when both
> spoke out about the interview-- which a BBC inquiry determined had been
> secured through deception-- and argued that it may have contributed to the
> late Princess Diana's untimely death.
>
> Blaming Martin Bashir for tricking their mother into doing the interview and
> the BBC for airing it, both men agreed that it had ultimately helped to
> foster her growing sense of "fear, paranoia and isolation". Her comment about
> King Charles� affair with Camilla Parker Bowles-- "There were three of us in
> this marriage, so it was a bit crowded"-- led the late Queen Elizabeth II to
> encourage a divorce, which stripped Diana of both her title and the royals'
> security that accompanied it.
>
> "It is my view that the deceitful way the interview was obtained
> substantially influenced what my mother said. The interview was a major
> contribution to making my parents' relationship worse and has since hurt
> countless others," William said of the interview.

No, I think your dad cheating on your mom for decades was the major
contribution to making your parents' relationship worse.

> "It is my firm view that this PANORAMA program holds no legitimacy and
> should never be aired again. It effectively established a false narrative
> which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialized by the
> BBC and others."

False narrative? Even if the interview was secured through deception,
what about it was false? Charles *was* having an affair. Had been from
the start.

Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again

<4c2615cb-3f94-485e-a5f2-b0c877bd3bf8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167936&group=rec.arts.tv#167936

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 13:14:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That
Prince William Said Should Never Air Again
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 21:14 UTC

> BTR1701
> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > "It is my firm view that this PANORAMA program holds no legitimacy and
> > should never be aired again. It effectively established a false narrative
> > which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialized by the
> > BBC and others."
>
> False narrative? Even if the interview was secured through deception,
> what about it was false? Charles *was* having an affair. Had been from
> the start.

I recently watched S05 of "The Crown" where this is a major element
and while what Diana said wasn't false (at least, it was her words)
Martin Bashir cooked up a false story including fake documents that
MI-5 and/or MI-6 (the British versions of the FBI and CIA) was paying
members of Diana's staff to spy on her and used this to get her brother
to encourage her to do the interview in 1995 and it wasn't until 2021
that this was discovered.

Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again

<tn0l61$4uk$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167963&group=rec.arts.tv#167963

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Prince William Said Should Never Air Again
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:51:12 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 00:51 UTC

On 12/9/22 12:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tmva5a$1574g$3@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix documentary includes a clip from the
>> infamous BBC PANORAMA interview that Prince William said should never air
>> again.
>>
>> The two brothers appeared united on that front just 18 months ago, when both
>> spoke out about the interview-- which a BBC inquiry determined had been
>> secured through deception-- and argued that it may have contributed to the
>> late Princess Diana's untimely death.
>>
>> Blaming Martin Bashir for tricking their mother into doing the interview and
>> the BBC for airing it, both men agreed that it had ultimately helped to
>> foster her growing sense of "fear, paranoia and isolation". Her comment about
>> King Charles’ affair with Camilla Parker Bowles-- "There were three of us in
>> this marriage, so it was a bit crowded"-- led the late Queen Elizabeth II to
>> encourage a divorce, which stripped Diana of both her title and the royals'
>> security that accompanied it.
>>
>> "It is my view that the deceitful way the interview was obtained
>> substantially influenced what my mother said. The interview was a major
>> contribution to making my parents' relationship worse and has since hurt
>> countless others," William said of the interview.
>
> No, I think your dad cheating on your mom for decades was the major
> contribution to making your parents' relationship worse.

Sure but the question remains why anyone would possibly give a fuck.

Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again

<tn0l8o$4uk$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167964&group=rec.arts.tv#167964

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Prince William Said Should Never Air Again
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:52:39 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 00:52 UTC

On 12/9/22 12:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tmva5a$1574g$3@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix documentary includes a clip from the
>> infamous BBC PANORAMA interview that Prince William said should never air
>> again.
>>
>> The two brothers appeared united on that front just 18 months ago, when both
>> spoke out about the interview-- which a BBC inquiry determined had been
>> secured through deception-- and argued that it may have contributed to the
>> late Princess Diana's untimely death.
>>
>> Blaming Martin Bashir for tricking their mother into doing the interview and
>> the BBC for airing it, both men agreed that it had ultimately helped to
>> foster her growing sense of "fear, paranoia and isolation". Her comment about
>> King Charles’ affair with Camilla Parker Bowles-- "There were three of us in
>> this marriage, so it was a bit crowded"-- led the late Queen Elizabeth II to
>> encourage a divorce, which stripped Diana of both her title and the royals'
>> security that accompanied it.
>>
>> "It is my view that the deceitful way the interview was obtained
>> substantially influenced what my mother said. The interview was a major
>> contribution to making my parents' relationship worse and has since hurt
>> countless others," William said of the interview.
>
> No, I think your dad cheating on your mom for decades was the major
> contribution to making your parents' relationship worse.

P.S. I'd bet a googolplex of money that Charles isn't Harry's father.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Harry & Meghan" Doc Includes The Princess Diana Interview That Prince William Said Should Never Air Again