From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Blue Bloods "Poetic Justice" 12/9/2022 (spoilers)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:21:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:21 UTC

p o
i l
e r

p a
c e

Tonight's relentlessly mediocre episode was full of low-stakes drama. I
was kind of bored and forgot to note what Baker wore. She had a few brief
lines of dialogue to kind of echo what Syd said. Frank and Garrett have
their usual meaningless disagreement. Frank kind of told Garrett he keeps
him in the dark about his master plan versus the mayor 'cuz disagreeing
with Garrett helps him work things out. It made no sense and the whole
thing was ridiculous.

The mayor thing was the worst part of the episode. An off-duty cop got
into the mayor's face as he was walking down the street. Frank, without
interviewing the guy, decides he was actually protesting civilians
sticking cameras in cops' faces.

Now, the mayor has a security detail and the guy should have been
tackled long before he got within a few inches of the mayor's face.

Jaimie figures something out on his own without fucking anybody over.

Anthony follows Jack (Erin's ex-husband) and photographs him with
mobsters. Well, Jack is a defense attorney and these are his clients.
Anthony thinks if Erin's association with Jack (and indirectly with his
sleazy clients) gets into the newspapers, it'll hurt her election
chances. Of course, the newspapers should already be aware of Erin's
basic biographical details and would know what kind of lawyer Jack is.

Danny and Baez once again work with the smarmy Vietnamese-ethnic guy. I
noticed that there was a Vietnamese writer this week. He organizes a
gang to intimidate and beat up a guy. They're on electric scooters and
I'm just not seeing how it's intimidating.

He gift wraps evidence that the guy had been randomly beating up young
Vietnamese women.

Then Danny turns him over to FBI who want to make him an informant
working on human trafficking. Yeah, I guess that will all work out.

No family dinner but ice cream and a truth or dare game that Erin ends
'cuz she won't tell her father whom she loves the most. I still have a
feeling Anthony is being set up here.

Re: Blue Bloods "Poetic Justice" 12/9/2022 (spoilers)

<156197634.692356001.508669.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167987&group=rec.arts.tv#167987

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods "Poetic Justice" 12/9/2022 (spoilers)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:24:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 09:24 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Tonight's relentlessly mediocre episode was full of low-stakes drama. I
> was kind of bored and forgot to note what Baker wore. She had a few brief
> lines of dialogue to kind of echo what Syd said. Frank and Garrett have
> their usual meaningless disagreement. Frank kind of told Garrett he keeps
> him in the dark about his master plan versus the mayor 'cuz disagreeing
> with Garrett helps him work things out. It made no sense and the whole
> thing was ridiculous.

Agreed

> The mayor thing was the worst part of the episode. An off-duty cop got
> into the mayor's face as he was walking down the street. Frank, without
> interviewing the guy,

The whole episode it looked like Frank never talked to the off-duty cop but
then in his last meeting with the mayor he said he had talked to the cop
before he talked to the mayor in the first place and pretty much agreed
with everything the cop had to say. So it went from super cop intuition to
him just lying about who he had talked to.

decides he was actually protesting civilians
> sticking cameras in cops' faces.
>
> Now, the mayor has a security detail and the guy should have been
> tackled long before he got within a few inches of the mayor's face.

Yeah I was amazed one of his security guys wasn’t in between them or at
least positioned to get in between them.

> Jaimie figures something out on his own without fucking anybody over.

By sneaking around the precinct to talk to Eddie. Like he couldn’t talk to
her at home.

So he finally asked who’s putting him on this career fast track to being
the new commissioner and even names as his chief suspect his father and his
current boss says nobody’s involved but him. So what the hell‘s in it for
the boss? And why does he have a ceiling light right out of a Bond movie?

> Anthony follows Jack (Erin's ex-husband) and photographs him with
> mobsters. Well, Jack is a defense attorney and these are his clients.

Anthony is shocked, shocked I tell you to find out that the mob lawyer is
talking to mob clients. And exactly what the hell did he expect Danny to do
about it?

> Anthony thinks if Erin's association with Jack (and indirectly with his
> sleazy clients) gets into the newspapers, it'll hurt her election
> chances. Of course, the newspapers should already be aware of Erin's
> basic biographical details and would know what kind of lawyer Jack is.
>
> Danny and Baez once again work with the smarmy Vietnamese-ethnic guy. I
> noticed that there was a Vietnamese writer this week. He organizes a
> gang to intimidate and beat up a guy. They're on electric scooters and
> I'm just not seeing how it's intimidating.

Yeah what the hell kind of a mob was that?

> He gift wraps evidence that the guy had been randomly beating up young
> Vietnamese women.
>
> Then Danny turns him over to FBI who want to make him an informant
> working on human trafficking. Yeah, I guess that will all work out.
>
> No family dinner but ice cream and a truth or dare game that Erin ends
> 'cuz she won't tell her father whom she loves the most.

Because she’s not bright enough to just say her daughter.

I still have a
> feeling Anthony is being set up here.

Yeah

You left out Danny and Baez being suckered by the old body laying in the
street in their path trick. So how did this scooter mob get to where Danny
would be driving and all hide themselves ahead of time? And why the next
time we see Danny and Baez are they on foot? Did somebody take away their
car while we weren’t watching?

And the criminal mastermind‘s plan was to get even with Eddie’s partner by
prank calling him and hanging up on the assumption that somebody would be
checking the phone logs and bust the cop for it?

Re: Blue Bloods "Poetic Justice" 12/9/2022 (spoilers)

<aRudnR-Mso_K-Qn-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168003&group=rec.arts.tv#168003

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 04:30:43 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> Tonight's relentlessly mediocre episode was full of low-stakes drama. I
>> was kind of bored and forgot to note what Baker wore. She had a few brief
>> lines of dialogue to kind of echo what Syd said. Frank and Garrett have
>> their usual meaningless disagreement. Frank kind of told Garrett he keeps
>> him in the dark about his master plan versus the mayor 'cuz disagreeing
>> with Garrett helps him work things out. It made no sense and the whole
>> thing was ridiculous.
>
>Agreed
>
>> The mayor thing was the worst part of the episode. An off-duty cop got
>> into the mayor's face as he was walking down the street. Frank, without
>> interviewing the guy,
>
>The whole episode it looked like Frank never talked to the off-duty cop but
>then in his last meeting with the mayor he said he had talked to the cop
>before he talked to the mayor in the first place and pretty much agreed
>with everything the cop had to say. So it went from super cop intuition to
>him just lying about who he had talked to.
>
>> decides he was actually protesting civilians
>> sticking cameras in cops' faces.
>>
>> Now, the mayor has a security detail and the guy should have been
>> tackled long before he got within a few inches of the mayor's face.
>>
>> Jaimie figures something out on his own without fucking anybody over.
>>
>> Anthony follows Jack (Erin's ex-husband) and photographs him with
>> mobsters. Well, Jack is a defense attorney and these are his clients.
>
>Anthony is shocked, shocked I tell you to find out that the mob lawyer is
>talking to mob clients. And exactly what the hell did he expect Danny to do
>about it?
>
>> Anthony thinks if Erin's association with Jack (and indirectly with his
>> sleazy clients) gets into the newspapers, it'll hurt her election
>> chances. Of course, the newspapers should already be aware of Erin's
>> basic biographical details and would know what kind of lawyer Jack is.
>>
>> Danny and Baez once again work with the smarmy Vietnamese-ethnic guy. I
>> noticed that there was a Vietnamese writer this week. He organizes a
>> gang to intimidate and beat up a guy. They're on electric scooters and
>> I'm just not seeing how it's intimidating.
>
>Yeah what the hell kind of a mob was that?

I don't think a mob organzined by a Vietnameese writer wouod be very
intimidating.

>> He gift wraps evidence that the guy had been randomly beating up young
>> Vietnamese women.
>>
>> Then Danny turns him over to FBI who want to make him an informant
>> working on human trafficking. Yeah, I guess that will all work out.
>>
>> No family dinner but ice cream and a truth or dare game that Erin ends
>> 'cuz she won't tell her father whom she loves the most. I still have a
>> feeling Anthony is being set up here.
>
>Yeah
>
>You left out Danny and Baez being suckered by the old body-laying-in-the-
>street-in-their-path trick. So how did this scooter mob get to where Danny
>would be driving and all hide themselves ahead of time? And why the next
>time we see Danny and Baez are they on foot? Did somebody take away their
>car while we weren't watching?
>
>And the criminal mastermind's plan was to get even with Eddie's partner by
>prank calling him and hanging up on the assumption that somebody would be
>checking the phone logs and bust the cop for it?

I almost watched that, but then I remembered how stupid the original ep was.

--
Let's go Brandon!