Lack of skill dictates economy of style. -- Joey Ramone

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsRhino
+- Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendschromebook test
+* Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsBTR1701
|+- Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendstrotsky
|`* Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsRhino
| `- Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsBTR1701
`* Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsBTR1701
 +- Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendsshawn
 `- Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friendstrotsky

1
[OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<tn3g30$1o5iu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168072&group=rec.arts.tv#168072

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:42:38 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 02:42 UTC

This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
"progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko

I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
the city council is going to try to achieve.

They don't have barriers to leaving their zones yet but I'm not going to
be surprised when they announce those measures.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<b7f5fa55-5de3-4772-b7cf-7dbb2fa577aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168077&group=rec.arts.tv#168077

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 19:01:52 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:01 UTC

On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 9:42:45 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>
> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>
> They don't have barriers to leaving their zones yet but I'm not going to
> be surprised when they announce those measures.
>
> --
> Rhino

Come and listen to a story ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d3jFIGxdQ

TAGS: One Nation Under Blackmail

Bonus Material:

https://twitter.com/brianroemmele/status/1503176565974216710?lang=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqgFaU52K4

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<atropos-0E9B64.19120010122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168080&group=rec.arts.tv#168080

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 19:12:00 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:12 UTC

In article <tn3g30$1o5iu$2@dont-email.me>,

> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!

Yep. First they put everything you 'need' within 15 minutes, then they
tell you you're never allowed to leave.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>
> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
> the city council is going to try to achieve.

Of course these restrictions will only apply to people like you and me.
(The proles.) Never them. Just like all the 'progressive' pols that
socked us with one Wuhan Flu restriction after another, then promptly
broke all their own rules, they won't be subject to confinement within
their 15 minute radius. And neither will the well-connected rich and
famous. You won't be able to leave your designated zone without
permission but Oprah won't have any problems doing it.

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<tn49a1$jif$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168107&group=rec.arts.tv#168107

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:53:03 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 09:53 UTC

On 12/10/22 9:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tn3g30$1o5iu$2@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
>> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
>> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
>> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
>> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
>> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
>> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
>> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>
> Yep. First they put everything you 'need' within 15 minutes, then they
> tell you you're never allowed to leave.
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>>
>> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
>> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
>> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>
> Of course these restrictions will only apply to people like you and me.
> (The proles.) Never them. Just like all the 'progressive' pols that
> socked us with one Wuhan Flu restriction after another, then promptly
> broke all their own rules, they won't be subject to confinement within
> their 15 minute radius. And neither will the well-connected rich and
> famous. You won't be able to leave your designated zone without
> permission but Oprah won't have any problems doing it.

You are entitled to your opinion. Or maybe not, if you completely and
utterly LACK THE BALLS to discuss what people on your side of the aisle
do. As stated previously, it makes you look like a eunuch or actually
are one, having had the Oath Keepers taken them in a pledge of
solidarity. Regardless, I would fucking hate going through life lacking
the balls to discuss entire subjects like this.

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<tn4pap$1o5iu$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168133&group=rec.arts.tv#168133

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 09:26:31 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 14:26 UTC

On 2022-12-10 10:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tn3g30$1o5iu$2@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
>> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
>> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
>> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
>> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
>> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
>> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
>> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>
> Yep. First they put everything you 'need' within 15 minutes, then they
> tell you you're never allowed to leave.

I wonder how they're planning to make sure that everyone's job is only
15 minutes away?

I'll bet they do it by forcing you to move somewhere near the job first
since it's probably easier to move you closer to the factory or office
building than to move the work near to hundreds or thousands of
employees. Of course there probably won't be enough vacant housing near
those workplaces to accommodate everyone that works there within the
required distance so they'll throw up some "temporary" housing (think
barracks or even tents) near the workplace while they work on building
more permanent housing, which will be very expensive and take a long
time to construct so that a generation after you moved into the
"temporary" housing, you'll still be waiting for your permanent home.
Somewhere in that generation AIs will become so good they won't even
need many human employees and then the stage will be set for the Big
Cull: just kill all the surplus humans and then pat themselves on the
back for yet another successful initiative to "save the planet".

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>>
>> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
>> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
>> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>
> Of course these restrictions will only apply to people like you and me.
> (The proles.) Never them. Just like all the 'progressive' pols that
> socked us with one Wuhan Flu restriction after another, then promptly
> broke all their own rules, they won't be subject to confinement within
> their 15 minute radius. And neither will the well-connected rich and
> famous. You won't be able to leave your designated zone without
> permission but Oprah won't have any problems doing it.

Exactly; the fine will be prohibitive to us but negligible to our
(self-styled) elites. Or more likely they'll rationalize an exemption to
the fines entirely if you're one of the elite, probably along the lines
that they've done so much for us that it would be petty of us to impose
the same rules on them.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<UtKdnap85cxVbwj-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168136&group=rec.arts.tv#168136

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:10:00 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:10 UTC

On Dec 10, 2022 at 6:42:38 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>
> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>
> They don't have barriers to leaving their zones yet but I'm not going to
> be surprised when they announce those measures.

The concept of the 15-minute city was born with 'C40', which is a global cabal
of 'progressive' mayors of the world's largest cities.

Chaired today by London mayor Sadiq Khan, C40 calls itself
a "network of mayors of nearly 100 world-leading cities
collaborating to deliver the urgent action needed right now
to confront the climate crisis".

These are the same elitist gargoyles who claim that in the future you will own
nothing and be happy about it. This is nothing but the U.N.'s "Agenda 21"
given a fresh coat of less overtly Orwellian paint.

I just looked it up and of course, Los Angeles belongs to this nefarious C40
organization, so I expect these ideas to be floated here as well. But even in
'progressive' L.A., telling people they're locked into their neighborhood and
can't, for example, go to the beach on the weekend, or head up to Hollywood
for a night of dancing at a club on the Sunset Strip, will go over like
whore's queef in church. And more simply, while the Oxford City Council may
have the authority to do this to people in Britain (they are after all
subjects-- i.e., property of the Crown-- not citizens), the L.A. City Council
most certainly does not. There are so many constitutional issues involved with
punishing people for traveling outside their own neighborhood, that anyone who
tries it here will be in court for decades.

We've got 14 million people, the vast majority of whom do not work in the same
neighborhood in which they live. Telling them all that they're going to either
have to sell their home and move closer to their job or quit their job and
find one near where they live or start paying massive fines to the government
just to continue to live their normal lives... well, if you thought the BLM
riots were fun, just wait till they try this here.

Oh, and I notice the British media is all in on this idea. They love it. As
I'm sure our corrupt media in America will as well. (Provided they're exempt
from the restrictions as members of the ruling elite, of course.) The BBC
thinks it's totally normal for the government to decide who your friends are
and whether you can visit your kids or ailing parents in another city. And
according to the BBC, when they tried this in Paris, it was a "great social
moment", rather than oppressive tyranny and an attempt at stripping people of
basic liberty.

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<UtKdnaR85cxPaAj-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168138&group=rec.arts.tv#168138

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:22:58 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:22 UTC

On Dec 11, 2022 at 6:26:31 AM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On 2022-12-10 10:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <tn3g30$1o5iu$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
>>> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
>>> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
>>> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
>>> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
>>> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
>>> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
>>> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>>
>> Yep. First they put everything you 'need' within 15 minutes, then they
>> tell you you're never allowed to leave.
>>
> I wonder how they're planning to make sure that everyone's job is only
> 15 minutes away?
>
> I'll bet they do it by forcing you to move somewhere near the job first
> since it's probably easier to move you closer to the factory or office
> building than to move the work near to hundreds or thousands of
> employees.

The ultimate goal is to have everyone living in hive-like mega-towers, like
something out of BLADE RUNNER or Coruscant from STAR WARS, with the bottom
half of the building devoted to a massive mall-like business sector and the
top half thousands of residence units. Your tiny little hovel of an apartment
will be in the same building as your job. Forget 15 minutes, they don't want
you ever leaving your building.

> Of course there probably won't be enough vacant housing near
> those workplaces to accommodate everyone that works there within the
> required distance so they'll throw up some "temporary" housing (think
> barracks or even tents) near the workplace while they work on building
> more permanent housing, which will be very expensive and take a long
> time to construct so that a generation after you moved into the
> "temporary" housing, you'll still be waiting for your permanent home.
> Somewhere in that generation AIs will become so good they won't even
> need many human employees and then the stage will be set for the Big
> Cull: just kill all the surplus humans and then pat themselves on the
> back for yet another successful initiative to "save the planet".
>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>>>
>>> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
>>> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
>>> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>>
>> Of course these restrictions will only apply to people like you and me.
>> (The proles.) Never them. Just like all the 'progressive' pols that
>> socked us with one Wuhan Flu restriction after another, then promptly
>> broke all their own rules, they won't be subject to confinement within
>> their 15 minute radius. And neither will the well-connected rich and
>> famous. You won't be able to leave your designated zone without
>> permission but Oprah won't have any problems doing it.
>
> Exactly; the fine will be prohibitive to us but negligible to our
> (self-styled) elites. Or more likely they'll rationalize an exemption to
> the fines entirely if you're one of the elite, probably along the lines
> that they've done so much for us that it would be petty of us to impose
> the same rules on them.

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<agubph5jb718q86mco39lu1upoijv620te@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168142&group=rec.arts.tv#168142

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 10:43:30 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:43 UTC

On Sun, 11 Dec 2022 15:10:00 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Dec 10, 2022 at 6:42:38 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
>> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
>> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
>> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
>> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
>> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
>> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
>> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>>
>> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
>> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
>> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>>
>> They don't have barriers to leaving their zones yet but I'm not going to
>> be surprised when they announce those measures.

The idea of having everything needed within 15 minutes is a good one
so long as they don't try to set up barriers to leaving your area.
There's no way that will fly in the USA. It would certainly go a long
way to fixing the situation with food deserts in the inner cities.
Though because of the $ issue it would likely take government
intervention to solve that problem.

Re: [OT] The next big idea from our "progressive" friends

<tn534d$5iv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168152&group=rec.arts.tv#168152

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 11:13:49 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 17:13 UTC

On 12/11/22 9:10 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2022 at 6:42:38 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This video features an Australian commentator reacting to a new
>> "progressive" trend towards "15-minute cities" that is already becoming
>> trendy among city planners around the world. The basic idea is that the
>> planet will be saved by ensuring that everyone has everything they need
>> within 5 km (or 15 minutes) of where they live so that driving can be
>> minimized and travel by bicycle becomes practical and realistic. It
>> sounds almost attractive until you realize they plan to erect barriers
>> and levy fines if you *leave* your 15 minute city!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUWMK9FBko
>>
>> I've already heard some of this 15-minute city nonsense in one of the
>> cities near hear and it already seems to be one of the design visions
>> the city council is going to try to achieve.
>>
>> They don't have barriers to leaving their zones yet but I'm not going to
>> be surprised when they announce those measures.
>
> The concept of the 15-minute city was born with 'C40', which is a global cabal
> of 'progressive' mayors of the world's largest cities.
>
> Chaired today by London mayor Sadiq Khan, C40 calls itself
> a "network of mayors of nearly 100 world-leading cities
> collaborating to deliver the urgent action needed right now
> to confront the climate crisis".
>
> These are the same elitist gargoyles who claim that in the future you will own
> nothing and be happy about it. This is nothing but the U.N.'s "Agenda 21"
> given a fresh coat of less overtly Orwellian paint.

Holy fuck have you drank a lot of Oath Keeper Kool-Aid. And not knowing
dick about Orwell is part and parcel. 1984 described today's right wing
to a T of course. But part of the double speak is to ape his name as a
term too. Same shitposting, different day.