Ed Sullivan will be around as long as someone else has talent. -- Fred Allen

arts / rec.arts.tv / "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

SubjectAuthor
* "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"BTR1701
+- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"chromebook test
+- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"Ian J. Ball
+- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"Rhino
|`* Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"BTR1701
| `- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"trotsky
`* Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"Ed Stasiak
 `* Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"BTR1701
  +* Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"chromebook test
  |`- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"chromebook test
  `- Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"trotsky

1
"What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<ngSdnaPJgdT1EAf-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168470&group=rec.arts.tv#168470

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 02:58:48 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 02:58 UTC

Imagine being so weak-willed (and proud of it) that you openly admit to a news
reporter that a dance teacher merely saying "men and women" makes you feel
uneasy and frightened.

------------------------
A ballroom dance teacher at elite French university Sciences Po Paris is out
of a job after she was reprimanded for insisting on calling dance students
"men" and "women", as opposed to using non-gendered language.

"I say women on one side and men on the other because in dance there is a role
for the man and a role for the woman," former Sciences Po teacher Valerie,
told AFP. She asked the outlet to only identify her by her first name.

"That's the reason that we separated," she said.

The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie over
her use of "discriminatory" language. Valerie subsequently quit her job over
the university's demands to use the words "leader" and "follower" instead of
"men" and "women", according to the outlet. A student who spoke to a Parisian
outlet described Valerie as "old school" who had made the class "feel
uneasy".

After complaints that the school was going "woke," university officials
doubled down on their support of having an inclusive environment.

"We received a complaint from a student, backed up by several of them,
according to which this teacher made remarks during her class that were
discriminatory in nature in terms of the role of men in dance," a spokesperson
for Sciences Po told AFP. "We asked her to desist from doing so and she did
not wish to and decided not to continue with her classes."

Sciences Po told Fox News Digital Sunday morning that the school "warned her
about the requirement to stop her discriminatory comments, in accordance with
the French legislation and our internal code of ethics. In light of this, and
contrary to press allegations that she had been dismissed from Sciences Po,
this teacher has informed our administration that she does not have further
interest in pursuing her class at Sciences Po."

Valerie said she refused to "bow down to the dictatorship. They're censoring
me. Forget about being politically correct. What's next? Swan Lake with a
hairy swan?"

The teacher argued that "there was a notion of seduction" between a couple
ballroom dancing, and added, "honestly two women dancing together, I find it
ugly."

Sciences Po added in its statement to Fox News Digital that it is "committed
to fighting against all forms of discrimination and hence firmly denounces the
falsehoods and political manipulation engendered by the resignation of a dance
teacher."

Valerie specialized in tango, waltz, salsa and other ballroom styles for the
school extracurricular program, The Sunday Times reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/french-dance-teacher-ousted-elite-university-given-ultimatum-using-men-women-terminology?intcmp=tw_fnc

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<594bb997-3643-4f93-8f0b-f8f53037116en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168476&group=rec.arts.tv#168476

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 19:41:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 03:41 UTC

On Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 9:58:55 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> interest in pursuing her class at Sciences Po."
>
> Valerie said she refused to "bow down to the dictatorship. They're censoring
> me. Forget about being politically correct. What's next? Swan Lake with a
> hairy swan?"
>
> The teacher argued that "there was a notion of seduction" between a couple
> ballroom dancing, and added, "honestly two women dancing together, I find it
> ugly."
>
> Sciences Po added in its statement to Fox News Digital that it is "committed
> to fighting against all forms of discrimination and hence firmly denounces the
> falsehoods and political manipulation engendered by the resignation of a dance
> teacher."
>
> Valerie specialized in tango, waltz, salsa and other ballroom styles for the
> school extracurricular program, The Sunday Times reported.

hold me close tiny dancer

https://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Richard+Simmons+Richard+Simmons+Arrives+Tutu+OQA96I7OVs6x.jpg

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<tne9ot$312kh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168484&group=rec.arts.tv#168484

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:02:21 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:02 UTC

On 2022-12-15 02:58:48 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> Imagine being so weak-willed (and proud of it) that you openly admit to a news
> reporter that a dance teacher merely saying "men and women" makes you feel
> uneasy and frightened.
>
> ------------------------
> A ballroom dance teacher at elite French university Sciences Po Paris is out
> of a job after she was reprimanded for insisting on calling dance students
> "men" and "women", as opposed to using non-gendered language.
>
> "I say women on one side and men on the other because in dance there is a role
> for the man and a role for the woman," former Sciences Po teacher Valerie,
> told AFP. She asked the outlet to only identify her by her first name.
>
> "That's the reason that we separated," she said.
>
> The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie over
> her use of "discriminatory" language. Valerie subsequently quit her job over
> the university's demands to use the words "leader" and "follower" instead of
> "men" and "women", according to the outlet. A student who spoke to a Parisian
> outlet described Valerie as "old school" who had made the class "feel
> uneasy".

I'm confused - the French are supposedly very "anti-woke", and proud of it.

But this development implies that they're every bit as woke as the
U.S., which would be a very unwelcome revelation.

> After complaints that the school was going "woke," university officials
> doubled down on their support of having an inclusive environment.
>
> "We received a complaint from a student, backed up by several of them,
> according to which this teacher made remarks during her class that were
> discriminatory in nature in terms of the role of men in dance," a spokesperson
> for Sciences Po told AFP. "We asked her to desist from doing so and she did
> not wish to and decided not to continue with her classes."
>
> Sciences Po told Fox News Digital Sunday morning that the school "warned her
> about the requirement to stop her discriminatory comments, in accordance with
> the French legislation and our internal code of ethics. In light of this, and
> contrary to press allegations that she had been dismissed from Sciences Po,
> this teacher has informed our administration that she does not have further
> interest in pursuing her class at Sciences Po."
>
> Valerie said she refused to "bow down to the dictatorship. They're censoring
> me. Forget about being politically correct. What's next? Swan Lake with a
> hairy swan?"
>
> The teacher argued that "there was a notion of seduction" between a couple
> ballroom dancing, and added, "honestly two women dancing together, I find it
> ugly."
>
> Sciences Po added in its statement to Fox News Digital that it is "committed
> to fighting against all forms of discrimination and hence firmly denounces the
> falsehoods and political manipulation engendered by the resignation of a dance
> teacher."
>
> Valerie specialized in tango, waltz, salsa and other ballroom styles for the
> school extracurricular program, The Sunday Times reported.
>

> https://www.foxnews.com/world/french-dance-teacher-ousted-elite-university-given-ultimatum-using-men-women-terminology?intcmp=tw_fnc

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<tneajt$311fr$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168486&group=rec.arts.tv#168486

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:16:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:16 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Imagine being so weak-willed (and proud of it) that you openly admit to a news
>reporter that a dance teacher merely saying "men and women" makes you feel
>uneasy and frightened.

>------------------------
>A ballroom dance teacher at elite French university Sciences Po Paris is out
>of a job after she was reprimanded for insisting on calling dance students
>"men" and "women", as opposed to using non-gendered language.

jaw drop

The dances are designed for partners, one of whom is a man, the other a
woman. This goes back centuries.

>"I say women on one side and men on the other because in dance there is a role
>for the man and a role for the woman," former Sciences Po teacher Valerie,
>told AFP. She asked the outlet to only identify her by her first name.

>"That's the reason that we separated," she said.

Of course she says this. That's how dancing is taught!

>The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie over
>her use of "discriminatory" language. Valerie subsequently quit her job over
>the university's demands to use the words "leader" and "follower" instead of
>"men" and "women", according to the outlet. A student who spoke to a Parisian
>outlet described Valerie as "old school" who had made the class "feel
>uneasy".

>After complaints that the school was going "woke," university officials
>doubled down on their support of having an inclusive environment.

We're gonna be inclusive of those who aren't serious about learning
ballroom dancing and just whine.

>"We received a complaint from a student, backed up by several of them,
>according to which this teacher made remarks during her class that were
>discriminatory in nature in terms of the role of men in dance," a spokesperson
>for Sciences Po told AFP. "We asked her to desist from doing so and she did
>not wish to and decided not to continue with her classes."

I refuse to believe anyone who complained was a serious dance student.

>Sciences Po told Fox News Digital Sunday morning that the school "warned her
>about the requirement to stop her discriminatory comments, in accordance with
>the French legislation and our internal code of ethics. In light of this, and
>contrary to press allegations that she had been dismissed from Sciences Po,
>this teacher has informed our administration that she does not have further
>interest in pursuing her class at Sciences Po."

>Valerie said she refused to "bow down to the dictatorship. They're censoring
>me. Forget about being politically correct. What's next? Swan Lake with a
>hairy swan?"

Heh

I shouldn't laugh. She just gave them a terrible idea.

>The teacher argued that "there was a notion of seduction" between a couple
>ballroom dancing, and added, "honestly two women dancing together, I find it
>ugly."

Well, yeah.

>Sciences Po added in its statement to Fox News Digital that it is "committed
>to fighting against all forms of discrimination and hence firmly denounces the
>falsehoods and political manipulation engendered by the resignation of a dance
>teacher."

>Valerie specialized in tango, waltz, salsa and other ballroom styles for the
>school extracurricular program, The Sunday Times reported.

>https://www.foxnews.com/world/french-dance-teacher-ousted-elite-university-given-ultimatum-using-men-women-terminology?intcmp=tw_fnc

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<tnemqm$2pamt$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168507&group=rec.arts.tv#168507

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 03:45:08 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 08:45 UTC

On 2022-12-14 9:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> interest in pursuing her class at Sciences Po."
>
> Valerie said she refused to "bow down to the dictatorship. They're censoring
> me. Forget about being politically correct. What's next? Swan Lake with a
> hairy swan?"
>
> The teacher argued that "there was a notion of seduction" between a couple
> ballroom dancing, and added, "honestly two women dancing together, I find it
> ugly."
>
> Sciences Po added in its statement to Fox News Digital that it is "committed
> to fighting against all forms of discrimination and hence firmly denounces the
> falsehoods and political manipulation engendered by the resignation of a dance
> teacher."
>
> Valerie specialized in tango, waltz, salsa and other ballroom styles for the
> school extracurricular program, The Sunday Times reported.

This seems like an appropriate time to point out that the French are
also strongly discouraging the use of the word "mademoiselle" (unmarried
woman) and encouraging all women to be referred to as "madame"
(previously meaning a married woman, now meaning ANY female human). This
is apparently on the grounds that referring to a female differently due
to her marital status is sexist. I suppose that's fair enough but it
still seems bizarre to refer to a female toddler as "madame" when she
would ALWAYS have been assumed to be a "mademoiselle" in the past.

I gather the same is happening in German - bye bye "Fraulein" - and if
that's the case, I expect that all the "Romance" languages, including
Spanish, will be following suit. (Adios "senorita"!) Mind you, those
languages are only just catching up to English which made it a near-hate
crime to use the word "Miss" decades ago, although we invented a word
"Ms." rather than calling young female children "Mrs."

I wonder if they'll redub all the old TV shows and movies that use
"mademoiselle", "senorita", and "fraulein" to use the new rules? For
example, I distinctly remember a number of episodes of Hogan's Heroes
where all the characters would refer to Col. Klink's secretaries as
"Fraulein Hilda" or "Fraulein Heidi". Or will they allow these hate
crimes to persist on the grounds of historical accuracy and merely put
an advisory (trigger warning) at the start of each episode?

--
Rhino

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<atropos-854851.01354515122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168508&group=rec.arts.tv#168508

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 01:35:45 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:35 UTC

In article <tnemqm$2pamt$6@dont-email.me>,

> [...]

> > iven-ultimatum-using-men-women-terminology?intcmp=tw_fnc
> >

> This seems like an appropriate time to point out that the French are
> also strongly discouraging the use of the word "mademoiselle" (unmarried
> woman) and encouraging all women to be referred to as "madame"
> (previously meaning a married woman, now meaning ANY female human). This
> is apparently on the grounds that referring to a female differently due
> to her marital status is sexist. I suppose that's fair enough but it
> still seems bizarre to refer to a female toddler as "madame" when she
> would ALWAYS have been assumed to be a "mademoiselle" in the past.
>
> I gather the same is happening in German - bye bye "Fraulein" - and if
> that's the case, I expect that all the "Romance" languages, including
> Spanish, will be following suit. (Adios "senorita"!) Mind you, those
> languages are only just catching up to English

My Colombian girlfriend gets furious when 'progressive' white people try
to change her language to be woke. This whole "LatinX" nonsense drives
her up the wall and she loves making white-knighting white people squirm
over it whenever she gets the chance.

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<tnf0em$1run$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168510&group=rec.arts.tv#168510

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:29:26 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 11:29 UTC

On 12/15/22 3:35 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>> (previously meaning a married woman, now meaning ANY female human). This
>> is apparently on the grounds that referring to a female differently due
>> to her marital status is sexist. I suppose that's fair enough but it
>> still seems bizarre to refer to a female toddler as "madame" when she
>> would ALWAYS have been assumed to be a "mademoiselle" in the past.
>>
>> I gather the same is happening in German - bye bye "Fraulein" - and if
>> that's the case, I expect that all the "Romance" languages, including
>> Spanish, will be following suit. (Adios "senorita"!) Mind you, those
>> languages are only just catching up to English
>
> My Colombian girlfriend gets furious when 'progressive' white people try
> to change her language to be woke. This whole "LatinX" nonsense drives
> her up the wall and she loves making white-knighting white people squirm

Yeah, monogamy is overrated.

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<4be08b84-6291-4a05-8309-29ff56237555n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168518&group=rec.arts.tv#168518

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 07:01:56 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:01 UTC

> BTR1701
>
> The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie over
> her use of "discriminatory" language.

How the fuck is the scientific biological definition of the sexes, "discriminatory"?

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<yEadnePwQZS_QQb-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168618&group=rec.arts.tv#168618

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 02:46:58 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 02:46 UTC

On Dec 15, 2022 at 7:01:56 AM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> BTR1701
>>
>> The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie
>> over
>> her use of "discriminatory" language.
>
> How the fuck is the scientific biological definition of the sexes,
> "discriminatory"?

It's the Clown World we live in now.

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<f3f2c44f-5313-4c68-8160-85c286629963n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168620&group=rec.arts.tv#168620

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:59:27 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 02:59 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:47:05 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2022 at 7:01:56 AM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> BTR1701
> >>
> >> The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie
> >> over
> >> her use of "discriminatory" language.

> > How the fuck is the scientific biological definition of the sexes,
> > "discriminatory"?

> It's the Clown World we live in now.

Send in the clowns
https://m.facebook.com/standupcomedyscomm/videos/251404542088514/?_rdr

TAGS: But Doctor, I Am mime

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<dbe4954e-a4ef-4f2d-9040-cbda98227f84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168621&group=rec.arts.tv#168621

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 19:08:30 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 03:08 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:59:29 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:47:05 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:

> > > How the fuck is the scientific biological definition of the sexes,
> > > "discriminatory"?
>

> > It's the Clown World we live in now.

> Send in the clowns

Lighten up Francis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TklrBmHo7Do

TAGS: https://www.amazon.com/When-Things-Fall-Apart-Difficult/dp/1611803438 , https://annas-archive.org/md5/5e1d2874cae80410b3b42c5b33064a33

Re: "What's Next? SWAN LAKE With a Hairy Swan?"

<tnhc4g$1ig5$8@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168646&group=rec.arts.tv#168646

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 03:01:04 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:01 UTC

On 12/15/22 8:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2022 at 7:01:56 AM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> BTR1701
>>>
>>> The university told AFP that officials had called a meeting with Valerie
>>> over
>>> her use of "discriminatory" language.
>>
>> How the fuck is the scientific biological definition of the sexes,
>> "discriminatory"?
>
> It's the Clown World we live in now.

The fat orange dipshit sure proved that yesterday, didn't he.