So little time, so little to do. -- Oscar Levant

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Nine Eleven

SubjectAuthor
* Nine ElevenEdward Rochester Esq.
+- Re: Nine ElevenME
+- Re: Nine ElevenME
`- Re: Nine ElevenSpam-I-Am

1
Nine Eleven

<7b8386d3-16c4-4287-80f2-b7cc3210738fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168486&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168486

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 20:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Nine Eleven
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 03:57 UTC

Nine Eleven

Tomorrow the planes flew in
21 years ago, and we all grew up against our wishes,
wishing the weather report was playing a joke
telling one and all, sunny skies will prevail
with intermittent paper downpours
and the burned backs of secretaries jumping
believing a cool lake awaited their fall.

Youth disappeared; schoolbooks gathered dust
leaving only Supermen to search for Mr. White
and Lois tried texting to her daughter, 'Something is wrong."

And it all fell flat, buildings and inspiration--a mix
still moist in memory and the march of zombies down 4th
never hailing the cabbies, content to wander to a home
or any safe cool ally, anywhere the sky remained blue.

We were hit, an elevated Pearl Harbor and we changed,
opened mouthed, believing invincibility hoping the sun would reappear
as the weatherman joked about the night before.

A virus has taken center stage, but the mind wanders back
to the day the sun hid behind man vs man for superiority.

Twenty-one years later, nobody has won, and the enemy just might be within,
the enemy is us hidden by flags of discontent.

They won, you say to yourself, no Enola and Little Boy to save the day,
the infiltration has succeeded leaving much more than one virus to fight
for now, we fight each other.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Re: Nine Eleven

<4a1d9ad7-0561-4876-a6e2-eae285681b74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168491&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168491

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 21:07:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Nine Eleven
From: poetbtc...@gmail.com (ME)
 by: ME - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 04:07 UTC

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 23:57:17 UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> Nine Eleven
>

> Tomorrow the planes flew in
> 21 years ago, and we all grew up against our wishes,
> wishing the weather report was playing a joke
> telling one and all, sunny skies will prevail
> with intermittent paper downpours
> and the burned backs of secretaries jumping
> believing a cool lake awaited their fall.
>
> Youth disappeared; schoolbooks gathered dust
> leaving only Supermen to search for Mr. White
> and Lois tried texting to her daughter, 'Something is wrong."
>
> And it all fell flat, buildings and inspiration--a mix
> still moist in memory and the march of zombies down 4th
> never hailing the cabbies, content to wander to a home
> or any safe cool ally, anywhere the sky remained blue.
>
> We were hit, an elevated Pearl Harbor and we changed,
> opened mouthed, believing invincibility hoping the sun would reappear
> as the weatherman joked about the night before.
>
> A virus has taken center stage, but the mind wanders back
> to the day the sun hid behind man vs man for superiority.
>
> Twenty-one years later, nobody has won, and the enemy just might be within,
> the enemy is us hidden by flags of discontent.
>
> They won, you say to yourself, no Enola and Little Boy to save the day,
> the infiltration has succeeded leaving much more than one virus to fight
> for now, we fight each other.
>
> Edward Rochester Esq.

Re: Nine Eleven

<51f7a404-90c7-4e4e-abe5-d1eb27dd4b31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168499&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168499

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 22:08:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: poetbtc...@gmail.com (ME)
 by: ME - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 05:08 UTC

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 23:57:17 UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> Nine Eleven
>

> Tomorrow the planes flew in
> 21 years ago, and we all grew up against our wishes,
> wishing the weather report was playing a joke
> telling one and all, sunny skies will prevail
> with intermittent paper downpours
> and the burned backs of secretaries jumping
> believing a cool lake awaited their fall.
>
> Youth disappeared; schoolbooks gathered dust
> leaving only Supermen to search for Mr. White
> and Lois tried texting to her daughter, 'Something is wrong."
>
> And it all fell flat, buildings and inspiration--a mix
> still moist in memory and the march of zombies down 4th
> never hailing the cabbies, content to wander to a home
> or any safe cool ally, anywhere the sky remained blue.
>
> We were hit, an elevated Pearl Harbor and we changed,
> opened mouthed, believing invincibility hoping the sun would reappear
> as the weatherman joked about the night before.
>
> A virus has taken center stage, but the mind wanders back
> to the day the sun hid behind man vs man for superiority.
>
> Twenty-one years later, nobody has won, and the enemy just might be within,
> the enemy is us hidden by flags of discontent.
>
> They won, you say to yourself, no Enola and Little Boy to save the day,
> the infiltration has succeeded leaving much more than one virus to fight
> for now, we fight each other.
>
> Edward Rochester Esq.

Re: Nine Eleven

<e0dd81cb-b1f3-4585-854f-14a76200c6cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168501&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168501

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 03:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 10:58 UTC

On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 11:57:17 PM UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> Nine Eleven
>

> Tomorrow the planes flew in
> 21 years ago, and we all grew up against our wishes,
> wishing the weather report was playing a joke
> telling one and all, sunny skies will prevail
> with intermittent paper downpours
> and the burned backs of secretaries jumping
> believing a cool lake awaited their fall.
>
> Youth disappeared; schoolbooks gathered dust
> leaving only Supermen to search for Mr. White
> and Lois tried texting to her daughter, 'Something is wrong."
>
> And it all fell flat, buildings and inspiration--a mix
> still moist in memory and the march of zombies down 4th
> never hailing the cabbies, content to wander to a home
> or any safe cool ally, anywhere the sky remained blue.
>
> We were hit, an elevated Pearl Harbor and we changed,
> opened mouthed, believing invincibility hoping the sun would reappear
> as the weatherman joked about the night before.
>
> A virus has taken center stage, but the mind wanders back
> to the day the sun hid behind man vs man for superiority.
>
> Twenty-one years later, nobody has won, and the enemy just might be within,
> the enemy is us hidden by flags of discontent.
>
> They won, you say to yourself, no Enola and Little Boy to save the day,
> the infiltration has succeeded leaving much more than one virus to fight
> for now, we fight each other.
>
> Edward Rochester Esq.

Happy anniversary?