Fly me away to the bright side of the moon ...

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

SubjectAuthor
* News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBIan J. Ball
+- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIMEchromebook test
+* Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE OfBTR1701
|+- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIMEchromebook test
|+* Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THEanim8rfsk
||+* Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Ofshawn
|||`* Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THEanim8rfsk
||| `* Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Ofshawn
|||  +- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE OfYour Name
|||  `- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIMEDimensional Traveler
||`- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE OfYour Name
|+- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE OfIan J. Ball
|`- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIMEtrotsky
`- Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THEanim8rfsk

1
News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tndng6$2t435$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168445&group=rec.arts.tv#168445

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 15:50:30 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 23:50 UTC

As per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/

So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
pulled off HBO Max.

This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
watch with ads!!

IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<bd2f4790-f9b8-4e1f-9296-57268d886635n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168448&group=rec.arts.tv#168448

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:21:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME
TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 00:21 UTC

On Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 6:50:37 PM UTC-5, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/

> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
> watch with ads!!

> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(

Oh for God's sakes, just torrent the show, and if you get busted for piracy tell the authorities you were addicted to the show like a crackhead and could not help yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fortnite+addicted

------------

https://youtu.be/e6o24UVMMvw?t=36

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<NvqcnYD405Ch4Af-nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168459&group=rec.arts.tv#168459

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 01:49:48 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 01:49 UTC

On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> As per Deadline:
>

> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
>

> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
> pulled off HBO Max.
>
> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
> watch with ads!!
>
> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(

I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN (the TV series, not the
movie) on the Netflix and it suddenly disappeared. Watched an episode one
night. Came back the next next night to continue and the show was no longer in
my "Continue watching" queue. Did a search and the results came back "We don't
have FROM DUSK TILL DAWN but here's some other vampire movies you might
enjoy..."

It's bad enough when they cancel shows between seasons but when they vaporize
a show that's already been made and which you've devoted significant time to
watching, that really steams my barnacles.

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<f2fed679-c6cb-4807-addc-afadbdaf4f7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168465&group=rec.arts.tv#168465

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 18:31:21 -0800 (PST)
TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 02:31 UTC

On Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 8:49:57 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > As per Deadline:
> >

> > https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
> >

> > So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
> > either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
> > does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
> > pulled off HBO Max.
> >
> > This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
> > that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
> > from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
> > watch with ads!!
> >
> > IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN (the TV series, not the
> movie) on the Netflix and it suddenly disappeared. Watched an episode one
> night. Came back the next next night to continue and the show was no longer in
> my "Continue watching" queue. Did a search and the results came back "We don't
> have FROM DUSK TILL DAWN but here's some other vampire movies you might
> enjoy..."

> It's bad enough when they cancel shows between seasons but when they vaporize
> a show that's already been made and which you've devoted significant time to
> watching, that really steams my barnacles.

I say this in all sincerity, the best thing I ever did entertainment-wise, was drop all pay services and begin using an Israeli seed box for torrents.

TAGS: israeli seedbox to torrent farha, haha

TAGS2: got the fabelmans too, so an equal opportunity pirate

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<2118160170.692761782.199131.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168474&group=rec.arts.tv#168474

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE
TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:30:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 03:30 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
>

> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
> does not have "channels",

I hope it stays that way because none of these interfaces with channels
work at all.

unless they've added them recently) - and
> pulled off HBO Max.
>
> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
> watch with ads!!
>
> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<1081560871.692767896.865185.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168475&group=rec.arts.tv#168475

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:38:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 03:38 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
>

>> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
>> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
>> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
>> pulled off HBO Max.
>>
>> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
>> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
>> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
>> watch with ads!!
>>
>> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
>
> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN

Donald or Daffy?

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<jh6lph933n56l409dfugsjsotd36k0hvk2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168477&group=rec.arts.tv#168477

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 22:53:38 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 03:53 UTC

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:38:28 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> As per Deadline:

>>> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
>>> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
>>> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
>>> pulled off HBO Max.
>>>
>>> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
>>> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
>>> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
>>> watch with ads!!
>>>
>>> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
>>
>> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN
>
>Donald or Daffy?

Duckula

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<1491970689.692771019.910169.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168479&group=rec.arts.tv#168479

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:24:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 04:24 UTC

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:38:28 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN
>>
>> Donald or Daffy?
>
> Duckula

Howard?

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tne9jf$3122s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168482&group=rec.arts.tv#168482

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:59:27 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 04:59 UTC

On 2022-12-15 01:49:48 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>

>> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
>>

>> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
>> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
>> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
>> pulled off HBO Max.
>>
>> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
>> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
>> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
>> watch with ads!!
>>
>> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
>
> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN (the TV series, not the
> movie) on the Netflix and it suddenly disappeared. Watched an episode one
> night. Came back the next next night to continue and the show was no longer in
> my "Continue watching" queue. Did a search and the results came back "We don't
> have FROM DUSK TILL DAWN but here's some other vampire movies you might
> enjoy..."

Netflix's worst "non-feature", IMO, is that they don't warn you (when
you're in the app browsing their librabry) when stuff is about to leave
the service.

They should *all* do that, IMO. And some do, to varying degress. But
Netflix is the one service that I'm pretty sure gives you no warning at
all when stuff is about to leave - unless you read those "What's
leaving Netflix this month!" articles, you're SOoL on warnings for when
stuff is about to leave Netflix.

> It's bad enough when they cancel shows between seasons but when they vaporize
> a show that's already been made and which you've devoted significant time to
> watching, that really steams my barnacles.

Well, HBO Max has been the worst at this lately, pulling stuff from
their service over the last 6 months will little-to-no advance warning!

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<1galph541ul7ssvvehkfq06he4rlte6kmu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168483&group=rec.arts.tv#168483

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 00:01:01 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:01 UTC

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:24:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:38:28 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Donald or Daffy?
>>
>> Duckula
>>

>Howard?

Count

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tnecvv$32m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168487&group=rec.arts.tv#168487

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:57:19 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 05:57 UTC

On 2022-12-15 03:38:28 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>> As per Deadline:

>>> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
>>> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
>>> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
>>> pulled off HBO Max.
>>>
>>> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
>>> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
>>> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
>>> watch with ads!!
>>>
>>> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
>>
>> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN
>
> Donald or Daffy?

It's Christmas, so has to be ... Uncle Scrooge. ;-)

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tned67$5vu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168489&group=rec.arts.tv#168489

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 19:00:39 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 06:00 UTC

On 2022-12-15 05:01:01 +0000, shawn said:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:24:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Duckula
>>>

>> Howard?
>
> Count

Most Americans won't know who Count Duckla is.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Duckula>

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tnedfj$31986$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168490&group=rec.arts.tv#168490

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 22:05:44 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 06:05 UTC

On 12/14/2022 9:01 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:24:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Duckula
>>>

>> Howard?
>
> Count

Scrooge McDuck

dirty old man.

Re: News: Now Warners Is Demoting RAISED BY WOLVES & THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max

<tnemag$17a0$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168504&group=rec.arts.tv#168504

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
TRAVELER'S WIFE Off HBO Max
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 02:36:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 08:36 UTC

On 12/14/22 7:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2022 at 3:50:30 PM PST, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>

>> https://deadline.com/2022/12/raised-by-wolves-the-time-travelers-wife-among-other-titles-being-removed-from-hbo-max-as-warner-bros-discovery-lines-up-fast-plans-1235199433/
>>

>> So, now more shows are going to get sold off to "FAST" streamers -
>> either Pluto TV or Freevee (to the best of my knowledge, Tubi still
>> does not have "channels", unless they've added them recently) - and
>> pulled off HBO Max.
>>
>> This sucks in the case of "Raised by Wolves" - I was going to watch
>> that eventually, but I surely won't get to it before they remove it
>> from HBO Max, and it is exactly the kind of show you do *not* want to
>> watch with ads!!
>>
>> IOW, I will probably never see "Raised by Wolves" now... :(
>
> I was right in the middle of FROM DUCK TILL DAWN (the TV series, not the
> movie)

Was it a mallard duck or some other kind?