He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder. -- M. C. Escher

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

SubjectAuthor
* Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't LesbiansBTR1701
+- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren'ttrotsky
+- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren'tmoviePig
+- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't LesbiansAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren'ttrotsky
+- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren'tRhino
`- Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't LesbiansUbiquitous

1
Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<YJCcnWrRLs5t8AD-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168800&group=rec.arts.tv#168800

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 07:21:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 07:21 UTC

Never take free speech for granted.

---------------------------
https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/

A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.

Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.

Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
faces three years in jail if found guilty.

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<tnki35$1s6l$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168815&group=rec.arts.tv#168815

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't
Lesbians
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 08:01:09 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 14:01 UTC

On 12/17/22 1:21 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Never take free speech for granted.

Especially on Twitter where free speech cheerleader can cancel you on a
moment's notice.

> ---------------------------
> https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/
>
> A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
> hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.
>
> Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
> that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
> Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
> female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.
>
> Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
> transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
> faces three years in jail if found guilty.

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<LmlnL.27262$t5W7.25990@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168824&group=rec.arts.tv#168824

Lesbians
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:37:14 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 15:37 UTC

On 12/17/2022 2:21 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Never take free speech for granted.
>
> ---------------------------
> https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/
>
> A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
> hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.
>
> Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
> that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
> Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
> female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.
>
> Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
> transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
> faces three years in jail if found guilty.

I'm sure I'd hate someone here, if only I could sort out who's who...

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<tnkomn$3mfna$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168825&group=rec.arts.tv#168825

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 15:53:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 15:53 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Never take free speech for granted.

>---------------------------
>https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/

>A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
>hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.

>Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
>that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
>Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
>female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.

>Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
>transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
>faces three years in jail if found guilty.

That's frightening stuff.

It's never about living your own life on your own terms and being left
alone to do so. It's about forcing unrelated third parties to recognize
you for what you claim to be.

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<tnktuk$1jhi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168833&group=rec.arts.tv#168833

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lesbians
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 11:23:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 17:23 UTC

On 12/17/22 10:34 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 17 December 2022 at 02:21:28 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Never take free speech for granted.
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/
>>
>> A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
>> hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.
>>
>> Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
>> that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
>> Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
>> female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.
>>
>> Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
>> transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
>> faces three years in jail if found guilty.
>
> They charge and sentence people for all manner of nothing in A-rab countries and the "liberal" media duly note the injustice of it,
> but of course none of the lib media outlets will mention this.

Yes, much better suited to a Murdoch owned shitposting publication. In
fact, "NY Shitpost" would be a better name for it.

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<tnl53u$3lvl1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168857&group=rec.arts.tv#168857

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lesbians
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 14:25:50 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:25 UTC

On 2022-12-17 2:21 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Never take free speech for granted.
>
> ---------------------------
> https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/tonje-gjevjon-faces-up-to-3-years-in-prison-for-saying-men-cannot-be-lesbians/
>
> A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
> hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.
>
> Tonje Gjevjon, a lesbian filmmaker and actress, was informed on Nov. 17
> that she was under investigation for speaking out against prominent
> Norwegian activist Christine Jentoft on Facebook. Jentoft is a transgender
> female that often refers to herself as a lesbian mother.
>
> Jentoft previously accused another woman, Christina Ellingsen, of
> transphobia for a similar claim. Ellingsen is also under investigation and
> faces three years in jail if found guilty.

Clearly Gjevjon is guilty of a hate-crime of the first order in
declaring that men can't be lesbians. No penalty but capital punishment
is acceptable. The poison that she spews must be stopped permanently! No
slaps on the wrist for offenses this heinous!!

And yes, I am KIDDING!! Now, three years in the slammer for "Jentoft",
Gjeyjon's accuser, might help thicken its' skin so that it stops wasting
people's time with this kind of thing.

--
Rhino

Re: Norwegian Actress Faces 3 Years in Prison for Saying Men Aren't Lesbians

<tniivE$3ef1s$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168865&group=rec.arts.tv#168865

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 16:27:39 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 21:27 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

> A woman in Norway is facing up to three years in prison on criminal
> hate-speech charges after saying that a man cannot become a lesbian.

In somewhat vaguely related news, low-testosterone James Cameron said in a
recent interview that his upcoming movie, �Avatar: The Way of Water,� is the
most empowering movie for women because one of the characters is a pregnant
warrior.

--
Let's go, Brandon!