If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it. -- Arthur Kasspe

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
|`* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programminsuzeeq
| `- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
+- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|+* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
||`- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`- Re: Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingEddie Grove
|`* Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| +- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
| `- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingEddie Grove
+- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programmingEd Stasiak
`- Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman

1
Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<1696482801.692904332.092927.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168704&group=rec.arts.tv#168704

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:25:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:25 UTC

Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

Already released:

God's Crooked Lines [Los renglones torcidos de Dios] (movie)
(Dec. 12, Netflix)

A private detective who claims to be suffering from paranoia checks into a
psychiatric hospital to investigate another patient's mysterious death.
Spanish film; 2h 35m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81453541

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13229894/

Saturday, Dec. 17

Sappy Holiday (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Stranded in a small town after her car breaks down, Joy meets the charming
James, a local trying to save his family’s maple farm. Stars Jon McLaren
and Vanessa Sears.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19037878/

https://uptv.com/movies/sappy-holiday/

iHeartRadio Jingle Ball 2022 (special) (8 to 9:30 pm,
CW)

The Holiday Dating Guide (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater, is close to making
her lifelong dream come true. She has completed her first book—a how-to
guide for dating in today’s modern world—and is now more than ready to
become a published author. However, after reading the book, her publisher
Jack won’t proceed with the deal without knowing that her dating advice
actually works. Before he has a chance to say no, Abigale proposes that she
prove the rules work by using them herself and making a man fall for her by
Christmas Eve in 12 days. Although Abigale’s never seen love as a priority
for herself, she sets out to find someone who will fall quickly enough to
get this book in print. Things change when Abigale meets Michael Ryan, and
her single-minded mission takes an unexpected turn. While following her own
advice, and learning to expect the unexpected in the process, Abigale
discovers the romance of her dreams. Stars Maria Menounos and Brent Bailey.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-holiday-dating-guide

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21663620/

Twas the Night Before Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark
Channel)

A former actress trying to break into directing tests her skills with a
Christmas Eve courtroom production in which the true authorship of the
famous poem "A Visit from St. Nick" is debated. Stars Torrey DeVitto and
Zane Holtz.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/twas-the-night-before-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22307338/

Aisle Be Home for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Two exes finally reconnect when a snowstorm leaves them stranded in a
superstore (without cell service or Wi-Fi) just before Christmas. Stars
Jennifer Freeman and Garrett Watson.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/big-box-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22499790/

Five More Minutes: Moments Like These (movie) (10 pm,
Hallmark M&M)

The second Christmas story inspired by Scotty McCreery's song "Five More
Minutes;" a young widow's Christmas wish for her son is answered in
unexpected ways when she returns to their old home. Stars Ashley Williams
and Lucas Bryant.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/five-more-minutes-moments-like-these

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22309036/

Sunday, Dec. 18

1923 [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

The latest installment in Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone universe arrives
almost exactly one year after the debut of the previous prequel, 1883, and,
like that series, will be a streaming exclusive. It will center on several
additional generations of Duttons—including family members played by
Harrison Ford (in his first regular TV role), Helen Mirren, Darren Mann,
James Badge Dale, and Michelle Randolph. Non-Dutton regulars include a
sheriff played by Robert Patrick and a wealthy and powerful local played by
Timothy Dalton. Eight episodes; the rest will be released weekly from Jan.
1 through Feb. 12. This release is only for the U.S. and Canada. The series
will premiere the following day, Monday, Dec. 19, on Paramount+ in the U.K.
and Australia. Premiere dates for other Paramount+ international markets
will be announced at a later date.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18335752/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88e9Dwnqo0

An Eclectic Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When a small-town vintage store owner leaves instructions in her will for
inventory to be distributed as Christmas gifts, her out-of-town niece seeks
help from a handsome local in identifying recipients from the clues
provided. Stars Hannah Gallway and Jeremy Walmsley.

https://uptv.com/movies/an-eclectic-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23854182/

Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)

Wrapped Up in Love (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Ashley Mackenzie has always been the preeminent “Christmas Queen” in town.
From making hand-crafted decorations for the office to hosting the town’s
annual Christmas sweater competition, she loves everything about the
holiday…that is, until she meets her match in Ben Williams. Ben is the
devilishly handsome new guy in town who loves Christmas just as much as she
does--and unwittingly begins to steal her thunder. But as Ashley begins to
feel like Ben is taking Christmas away from her, she is reminded of the
true spirit of the holiday, and she joins forces with him to make this
Christmas even more meaningful. Stars Brittany Bristow and Olivier Renaud.
Originally titled "Loving Christmas"; released in late 2021 in Canada and
certain European countries.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/wrapped-up-in-love

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14587370/

A Brush with Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Over the week leading up to Christmas in the town of Bayside, Charlotte
tries to capture her own unique style in the local art scene while also
helping her mother, run the family restaurant. Disheartened and struggling
to find time for her art, Charlotte throws out her latest painting, only to
discover that it has been anonymously submitted to the Christmas art
festival. It turns out that Wyatt, a visiting artist, stumbled upon her
discarded work and is now using the festival’s exposure to find its
mysterious creator. Stars Jillian Murray and Joseph Cannata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHzpleZCMio

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/crafting-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22500220/

Hanukkah on Rye (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A matchmaker connects Molly and Jacob, but their new romance is put to the
test when they realize that they are competing deli owners. Will a Hanukkah
miracle keep them together? Stars Yael Grobglas, Jeremy Jordan and Lisa
Loeb.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/hanukkah-on-rye

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22307422/

Yellowstone (season 5 winter finale) (8 pm, Paramount+)

When Christmas Was Young (movie) (8:30 pm ET/8 pm PT,
CBS)

A headstrong music manager (Tyler Hilton) in desperate need of a hit song
for his last remaining client finds himself falling for a gifted
singer-songwriter (Karen David) with abandoned dreams of making it big, as
he attempts to secure the rights to a Christmas song she wrote years ago.
Features original music by Sheryl Crow, who also executive produces.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14777778/

https://www.cbs.com/shows/when-christmas-was-young/

Rogue Heroes (season 1 finale) (9 pm, Epix)

Step Up (season 3 and series finale) (9 pm, Starz)

This is Life with Lisa Ling (season 9 finale) (9 and 10
pm, two episodes, CNN)

The L Word: Generation Q (new time slot) (10 pm, Showtime)

Moves from 8 pm.

Monday, Dec. 19

Trolley [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

"Trolley" is a story about the wife [Kim Hyun-joo] of a member of the
National Assembly [Park Hee-soon] who lived quietly while hiding the past,
and the dilemmas and choices that the couple faces as her secrets are
revealed to the world.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81636803

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5oO0F3cmXI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_(TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24224842/ [stub only]

Aftertaste (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

When his latest outburst goes viral, volatile celebrity chef Easton West
(Erik Thomson) flees back to his Australian hometown and tries to reinvent
himself through an unlikely partnership with his 19-year-old pastry
wunderkind niece (Natalie Abbott). Six episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13028580/

LEGO Masters: Celebrity Holiday Bricktacular (miniseries special)
(8 pm, Fox)

This special holiday edition of the Will Arnett-hosted competition series
airs four episodes over three consecutive nights: Monday (8-9 pm), Tuesday
(8-9 pm) and Wednesday (8-10 pm). Renewed for season 2.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-F12DD2.11223316122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168719&group=rec.arts.tv#168719

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programming
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:22:33 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 19:22 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

> Yellowstone (season 5 winter finale) (8 pm, Paramount+)

Wait a minute... the ads running on TV right now say "only three
episodes left until the mid-season finale", which indicates to me that
we have four weeks left to go before the show goes on hiatus.

But Robin's saying it's going on hiatus this week?

Make it make sense!

> Jack Ryan (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

Oh, wow. I knew the third season was coming but I didn't realize it was
this week. Cool/

> The Head (complete season 2) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> An elite group of scientists settle in for a long polar night at the
> Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station - but in the dead of winter, the base
> suddenly loses communication with the outside world, and a violent
> nightmare begins. English-language series.

Sounds intriguing.

> Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Rian Johnson's first sequel to his 2019 hit Knives Out returns star Daniel
> Craig as detective Benoit Blanc but otherwise features a new, unrelated
> mystery story (set in Greece) and a new cast. Joining Craig in that cast
> are Edward Norton, Kathryn Hahn, Janelle Monáe, Kate Hudson, Dave Bautista,
> and Leslie Odom Jr. The film will also open in theaters. 2h 20m.

I'll probably watch this since I enjoyed the first movie. (Although that
was mostly due to the lovely Ana de Armas.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<800662826.692911932.012190.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168729&group=rec.arts.tv#168729

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 13:00:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:00 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Already released:
>

> God's Crooked Lines [Los renglones torcidos de Dios] (

Are you sure it didn’t escape?

> Saturday, Dec. 17
>

> Sappy Holiday (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Not even if I could get up.

> iHeartRadio Jingle Ball 2022 (special) (8 to 9:30 pm,
> CW)

The C dub must die.

> The Holiday Dating Guide (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater, is close to making
> her lifelong dream come true. She has completed her first book—a how-to
> guide for dating in today’s modern world—and is now more than ready to
> become a published author. However, after reading the book, her publisher
> Jack won’t proceed with the deal without knowing that her dating advice
> actually works. Before he has a chance to say no, Abigale proposes that she
> prove the rules work by using them herself and making a man fall for her by
> Christmas Eve in 12 days. Although Abigale’s never seen love as a priority
> for herself, she sets out to find someone who will fall quickly enough to
> get this book in print. Things change when Abigale meets Michael Ryan, and
> her single-minded mission takes an unexpected turn. While following her own
> advice, and learning to expect the unexpected in the process, Abigale
> discovers the romance of her dreams. Stars Maria Menounos and Brent Bailey.

I was running screaming until they said Maria Menounos. I can’t believe I
actually like her enough to watch this. She was at the party that lying
bitch Holly Robinson Peete threw.

> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-holiday-dating-guide
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21663620/
>

> Aisle Be Home for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

I think I speak for everyone here when I say GAC!

> Five More Minutes: Moments Like These (movie) (10 pm,
> Hallmark M&M)
>
> The second Christmas story inspired by Scotty McCreery's song "Five More
> Minutes;" a young widow's Christmas wish for her son is answered in
> unexpected ways when she returns to their old home. Stars Ashley Williams

Something for Ian.

> Sunday, Dec. 18
>

> 1923 [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The latest installment in Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone universe arrives
> almost exactly one year after the debut of the previous prequel, 1883, and,
> like that series, will be a streaming exclusive.

So all you streaming haters will just have to settle for listening to is
cool kids talking around the water cooler!

> An Eclectic Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Not even if I could get up.

> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)

At least this will free her up for the second season of The In-Humans.

Oh, Yeah.

The C dub must die.

> Wrapped Up in Love (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Ashley Mackenzie has always been the preeminent “Christmas Queen” in town.

Starring RuPaul

> Hanukkah on Rye (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A matchmaker connects Molly and Jacob, but their new romance is put to the
> test when they realize that they are competing deli owners. Will a Hanukkah
> miracle keep them together? Stars Yael Grobglas, Jeremy Jordan and Lisa
> Loeb.

Lisa Loeb? What shallow grave did she crawl out of?

> Step Up (season 3 and series finale) (9 pm, Starz)

Nobody gets starz

> Monday, Dec. 19

> Tuesday, Dec. 20
>

> Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas to All! (special) (8-10 pm,
> CBS)

They are advertising the hell out of this and I don’t even watch the racist
eye.

> Professionals (season 1 finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Wednesday, Dec. 21
>

> Streaming:
>

> Jack Ryan (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

Quadruple fuck hell no.

> Big Bet [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Starring the legendary Choi Minsik ("Old Boy") in his first appearance in a
> drama series in over 26 years, "Big Bet" tells the unforgettable tale of a
> man, Cha Moosik, who,

“Who“ in deed. I guess I forgot.

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, Dec. 22
>

> Streaming:
>

> Alice in Borderland (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> An aimless gamer and his two friends find themselves in a parallel Tokyo,
> where they're forced to compete in a series of sadistic games to survive.
> Japanese series.

And now it’s even better with commercials!

> The Head (complete season 2) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> An elite group of scientists settle in for a long polar night at the
> Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station - but in the dead of winter, the base
> suddenly loses communication with the outside world, and a violent
> nightmare begins. English-language series.

Well, if it was on a channel I get.

> I Hate Suzie (season 2) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> The acclaimed UK comedy series from Billie Piper (who also stars) and Lucy
> Prebble returns for a three-episode second season.

Will there be a spinoff series about her daughter, Coco Prebbles?

And, three episodes? Seriously?

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, Dec. 23
>

> Streaming:
>

> Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Rian Johnson's first sequel to his 2019 hit Knives Out returns star Daniel
> Craig as detective Benoit Blanc but otherwise features a new, unrelated
> mystery story (set in Greece) and a new cast. Joining Craig in that cast
> are Edward Norton, Kathryn Hahn, Janelle Monáe, Kate Hudson, Dave Bautista,
> and Leslie Odom Jr. The film will also open in theaters. 2h 20m.

Not for me but I know people who would like that.

> The Fabulous [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Something for Ubi

> Piñata Masters! [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Which of seven competing teams will be the Piñata Heroes? Their piñatas
> must be colorful and creative, and impress the picky judges: a group of
> kids! Mexican series.

You can’t beat that!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<tnik3n$3ekdh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168741&group=rec.arts.tv#168741

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:23:19 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:23 UTC

On 2022-12-16 18:25:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Dec. 17
>

> Sappy Holiday (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Stranded in a small town after her car breaks down, Joy meets the charming
> James, a local trying to save his family’s maple farm. Stars Jon McLaren
> and Vanessa Sears.

Saw ads for this, and was not impressed. Pass.

> The Holiday Dating Guide (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater, is close to making
> her lifelong dream come true. She has completed her first book—a how-to
> guide for dating in today’s modern world—and is now more than ready to
> become a published author. However, after reading the book, her publisher
> Jack won’t proceed with the deal without knowing that her dating advice
> actually works. Before he has a chance to say no, Abigale proposes that she
> prove the rules work by using them herself and making a man fall for her by
> Christmas Eve in 12 days. Although Abigale’s never seen love as a priority
> for herself, she sets out to find someone who will fall quickly enough to
> get this book in print. Things change when Abigale meets Michael Ryan, and
> her single-minded mission takes an unexpected turn. While following her own
> advice, and learning to expect the unexpected in the process, Abigale
> discovers the romance of her dreams. Stars Maria Menounos and Brent Bailey.

Menounos is really starting to look her age. But I will probably check
this out...

> Twas the Night Before Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark
> Channel)
>
> A former actress trying to break into directing tests her skills with a
> Christmas Eve courtroom production in which the true authorship of the
> famous poem "A Visit from St. Nick" is debated. Stars Torrey DeVitto and
> Zane Holtz.

I've seen ads for this, and can't make heads nor tails of it...

> Aisle Be Home for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Two exes finally reconnect when a snowstorm leaves them stranded in a
> superstore (without cell service or Wi-Fi) just before Christmas. Stars
> Jennifer Freeman and Garrett Watson.

Having been keeping an eye on it for a month, I can now report that I
am really *under*whelmed by GAFfe Channel's offerings - 1) it's very
limited (they've pretty much been rerunning about the same 10 movies
non-stop for a month+!), and 2) the new movies they're produced have
been mostly duds. The one with Merritt Patterson was... *OK*(ish). The
others have been unimpressive.

> Five More Minutes: Moments Like These (movie) (10 pm,
> Hallmark M&M)
>
> The second Christmas story inspired by Scotty McCreery's song "Five More
> Minutes;" a young widow's Christmas wish for her son is answered in
> unexpected ways when she returns to their old home. Stars Ashley Williams
> and Lucas Bryant.

Ashley Williams?! Oh, Gawd, no!

> Sunday, Dec. 18
>

> 1923 [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The latest installment in Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone universe arrives
> almost exactly one year after the debut of the previous prequel, 1883, and,
> like that series, will be a streaming exclusive. It will center on several
> additional generations of Duttons—including family members played by
> Harrison Ford (in his first regular TV role), Helen Mirren, Darren Mann,
> James Badge Dale, and Michelle Randolph. Non-Dutton regulars include a
> sheriff played by Robert Patrick and a wealthy and powerful local played by
> Timothy Dalton. Eight episodes; the rest will be released weekly from Jan.
> 1 through Feb. 12. This release is only for the U.S. and Canada. The series
> will premiere the following day, Monday, Dec. 19, on Paramount+ in the U.K.
> and Australia. Premiere dates for other Paramount+ international markets
> will be announced at a later date.

Nobody gets Pee+!!

(But, if I did, i would certaibly watch this...)

> An Eclectic Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When a small-town vintage store owner leaves instructions in her will for
> inventory to be distributed as Christmas gifts, her out-of-town niece seeks
> help from a handsome local in identifying recipients from the clues
> provided. Stars Hannah Gallway and Jeremy Walmsley.

Hannah Gallway is a cutie (and was the only good thing about Lifetime's
"Webcam Cheerleaders"), so I may check this out...

> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)

So, this hasn't been renewed for season #5 yet?

Hopefully it doesn't, freeing Serinda Swan up for something better.

> Wrapped Up in Love (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Ashley Mackenzie has always been the preeminent “Christmas Queen” in town.
> From making hand-crafted decorations for the office to hosting the town’s
> annual Christmas sweater competition, she loves everything about the
> holiday…that is, until she meets her match in Ben Williams. Ben is the
> devilishly handsome new guy in town who loves Christmas just as much as she
> does--and unwittingly begins to steal her thunder. But as Ashley begins to
> feel like Ben is taking Christmas away from her, she is reminded of the
> true spirit of the holiday, and she joins forces with him to make this
> Christmas even more meaningful. Stars Brittany Bristow and Olivier Renaud.
> Originally titled "Loving Christmas"; released in late 2021 in Canada and
> certain European countries.

Meh... And I want to say I have already seen this, though it might have
been a different X-Mas movie with Bristow.

> A Brush with Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Over the week leading up to Christmas in the town of Bayside, Charlotte
> tries to capture her own unique style in the local art scene while also
> helping her mother, run the family restaurant. Disheartened and struggling
> to find time for her art, Charlotte throws out her latest painting, only to
> discover that it has been anonymously submitted to the Christmas art
> festival. It turns out that Wyatt, a visiting artist, stumbled upon her
> discarded work and is now using the festival’s exposure to find its
> mysterious creator. Stars Jillian Murray and Joseph Cannata.

I like Jillian Murray, so this may be the only other GAFfe Channel
X-Mas movie (besides the one with Merritt Patterson) that I actually
watch.

NOTE: GAFfe Channel does not seem to have a West Coast feed, so the
real premiere time on the West Coast is probably 5pm (or again at
9pm)...

> Hanukkah on Rye (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A matchmaker connects Molly and Jacob, but their new romance is put to the
> test when they realize that they are competing deli owners. Will a Hanukkah
> miracle keep them together? Stars Yael Grobglas, Jeremy Jordan and Lisa
> Loeb.

I like Yael Groblas, but there's already too many movies in this timeslot!!

> Rogue Heroes (season 1 finale) (9 pm, Epix)

Wasn't this already renewed for a season #2?...

> Step Up (season 3 and series finale) (9 pm, Starz)

Nobody ever saw this!!

(That said, I think a "Step Up" TV series is a good idea - but it has
to be on a streaming service that people actually watch, and it has to
include some "name" people in the cast...)

> Tuesday, Dec. 20
>

> Professionals (season 1 finale) (9 pm, CW)

Wow, I never did watch this... Is it on a streamer, like HBO Max?...

> Wednesday, Dec. 21
>

> Streaming:
>

> Jack Ryan (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OFj5bXyhxI

I haven't watched the first two seasons, so I'm not going to start now!!

> Emily in Paris (season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Ten episodes; already renewed for season four.

Damn! Back already?!!

I guess I've watch this after break (and before I can Netflix!!)

> Thursday, Dec. 22
>

> Streaming:
>

> Alice in Borderland (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> An aimless gamer and his two friends find themselves in a parallel Tokyo,
> where they're forced to compete in a series of sadistic games to survive.
> Japanese series.

I've heard good things about this series. But the language thing is a
definite barrier to watching it...

> The Best Man: The Final Chapters [new; complete limited series]
> (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> This second sequel to Malcolm D. Lee's 1999 film The Best Man (following a
> 2013 holiday film sequel) is an 8-episode Peacock miniseries that returns
> pretty much everyone from the terrific original cast, including Terrence
> Howard, Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Regina Hall, Morris Chestnut, Sanaa Lathan,
> and Harold Perrineau. Newcomers include Nicole Ari Parker and Brandon
> Victor Dixon.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<tnikgn$15gqn$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168744&group=rec.arts.tv#168744

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Dec._17-23:_Robin’s_selected_programmin
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:30:14 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:30 UTC

On 12/16/2022 11:22 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <1696482801.692904332.092927.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>
>> Yellowstone (season 5 winter finale) (8 pm, Paramount+)
>
> Wait a minute... the ads running on TV right now say "only three
> episodes left until the mid-season finale", which indicates to me that
> we have four weeks left to go before the show goes on hiatus.
>
> But Robin's saying it's going on hiatus this week?
>
> Make it make sense!

You're 3 weeks behind?

>> Jack Ryan (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> Oh, wow. I knew the third season was coming but I didn't realize it was
> this week. Cool/
>
>> The Head (complete season 2) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>>
>> An elite group of scientists settle in for a long polar night at the
>> Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station - but in the dead of winter, the base
>> suddenly loses communication with the outside world, and a violent
>> nightmare begins. English-language series.
>
> Sounds intriguing.
>
>> Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (movie) (3:01 am,
>> Netflix)
>>
>> Rian Johnson's first sequel to his 2019 hit Knives Out returns star Daniel
>> Craig as detective Benoit Blanc but otherwise features a new, unrelated
>> mystery story (set in Greece) and a new cast. Joining Craig in that cast
>> are Edward Norton, Kathryn Hahn, Janelle Monáe, Kate Hudson, Dave Bautista,
>> and Leslie Odom Jr. The film will also open in theaters. 2h 20m.
>
> I'll probably watch this since I enjoyed the first movie. (Although that
> was mostly due to the lovely Ana de Armas.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-712B88.12433016122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168746&group=rec.arts.tv#168746

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:43:30 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:43 UTC

In article <tnikgn$15gqn$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
wrote:

> On 12/16/2022 11:22 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article
> > <1696482801.692904332.092927.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Dec. 17-23: Robin's selected programming
> >
> >> Yellowstone (season 5 winter finale) (8 pm, Paramount+)
> >
> > Wait a minute... the ads running on TV right now say "only three
> > episodes left until the mid-season finale", which indicates to me that
> > we have four weeks left to go before the show goes on hiatus.
> >
> > But Robin's saying it's going on hiatus this week?
> >
> > Make it make sense!
>
> You're 3 weeks behind?

No, it's not a matter of where I am in the viewing, it's what they're
advertising. I just saw the "only three episodes left until the
mid-season finale" ad today while I was watching another show.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-AE1C1C.12510716122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168748&group=rec.arts.tv#168748

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:51:07 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:51 UTC

In article <tnik3n$3ekdh$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-12-16 18:25:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Dec. 17-23: Robin's selected programming

> > The Holiday Dating Guide (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
> >
> > Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater, is close to making
> > her lifelong dream come true. She has completed her first book—a how-to
> > guide for dating in today’s modern world—and is now more than ready to
> > become a published author. However, after reading the book, her publisher
> > Jack won’t proceed with the deal without knowing that her dating advice
> > actually works. Before he has a chance to say no, Abigale proposes that she
> > prove the rules work by using them herself and making a man fall for her by
> > Christmas Eve in 12 days. Although Abigale’s never seen love as a priority
> > for herself, she sets out to find someone who will fall quickly enough to
> > get this book in print. Things change when Abigale meets Michael Ryan, and
> > her single-minded mission takes an unexpected turn. While following her own
> > advice, and learning to expect the unexpected in the process, Abigale
> > discovers the romance of her dreams. Stars Maria Menounos and Brent Bailey.
>
> Menounos is really starting to look her age.

She's also very "hippy". She's gorgeous from the waist up but her pelvis
and thighs are too big for her body. They look like they belong on
someone else.

I noticed this when I saw her in person and realized that in all of the
Hollywood buzz-type shows she hosts, they only shoot her from the chest
up so it's not something you'd ever see.

> > 1923 [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
> >
> > The latest installment in Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone universe arrives
> > almost exactly one year after the debut of the previous prequel, 1883, and,
> > like that series, will be a streaming exclusive. It will center on several
> > additional generations of Duttons—including family members played by
> > Harrison Ford (in his first regular TV role), Helen Mirren, Darren Mann,
> > James Badge Dale, and Michelle Randolph. Non-Dutton regulars include a
> > sheriff played by Robert Patrick and a wealthy and powerful local played by
> > Timothy Dalton. Eight episodes; the rest will be released weekly from Jan.
> > 1 through Feb. 12. This release is only for the U.S. and Canada. The series
> > will premiere the following day, Monday, Dec. 19, on Paramount+ in the U.K.
> > and Australia. Premiere dates for other Paramount+ international markets
> > will be announced at a later date.
>
> Nobody gets Pee+!!
>
> (But, if I did, i would certaibly watch this...)

They showed Faith Hill's grave on the mothership show this past week.

Continuity!

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<87tu1vdmye.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168759&group=rec.arts.tv#168759

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:04:57 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 22:04 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> writes:

> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)

This really ought to be the series finale.

The lead, Serinda Swan, has left, and says she is not coming back.
I can't imagine the show without that role.

The show was about people who were a menace to society and should have
been fired. I gave up long ago, but if by some miracle her character and
the lead detective both die I might be interested in watching the
finale.

Eddie

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<2123399185.692921340.602238.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168762&group=rec.arts.tv#168762

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:10:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 22:10 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tnik3n$3ekdh$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-12-16 18:25:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> Dec. 17-23: Robin's selected programming
>
>>> The Holiday Dating Guide (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater, is close to making
>>> her lifelong dream come true. She has completed her first book—a how-to
>>> guide for dating in today’s modern world—and is now more than ready to
>>> become a published author. However, after reading the book, her publisher
>>> Jack won’t proceed with the deal without knowing that her dating advice
>>> actually works. Before he has a chance to say no, Abigale proposes that she
>>> prove the rules work by using them herself and making a man fall for her by
>>> Christmas Eve in 12 days. Although Abigale’s never seen love as a priority
>>> for herself, she sets out to find someone who will fall quickly enough to
>>> get this book in print. Things change when Abigale meets Michael Ryan, and
>>> her single-minded mission takes an unexpected turn. While following her own
>>> advice, and learning to expect the unexpected in the process, Abigale
>>> discovers the romance of her dreams. Stars Maria Menounos and Brent Bailey.
>>
>> Menounos is really starting to look her age.
>
> She's also very "hippy". She's gorgeous from the waist up but her pelvis
> and thighs are too big for her body. They look like they belong on
> someone else.
>
> I noticed this when I saw her in person and realized that in all of the
> Hollywood buzz-type shows she hosts, they only shoot her from the chest
> up so it's not something you'd ever see.

Felicity Smoak (snicker) syndrome!

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<tniv1j$3ffcj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168772&group=rec.arts.tv#168772

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:29:55 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 23:29 UTC

On 2022-12-16 22:04:57 +0000, Eddie Grove said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> writes:
>
>> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>
>> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)
>
> This really ought to be the series finale.
>
> The lead, Serinda Swan, has left, and says she is not coming back.
> I can't imagine the show without that role.
>
> The show was about people who were a menace to society and should have
> been fired. I gave up long ago, but if by some miracle her character and
> the lead detective both die I might be interested in watching the
> finale.
>
> Eddie

https://tvline.com/2022/08/23/coroner-renewed-cancelled-season-5-serinda-swan-leaving/

Yeah, I completely missed that.

Good for her. I hope she's not abaondoning in front of the camera work.

But, yeah - her character on "Cornoner" was attrocious, as was the show
itself. I gave up after season #2, IIRC.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<300436961.692927958.187859.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168780&group=rec.arts.tv#168780

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 17:00:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 00:00 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-12-16 22:04:57 +0000, Eddie Grove said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> writes:
>>
>>> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>>> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)
>>
>> This really ought to be the series finale.
>>
>> The lead, Serinda Swan, has left, and says she is not coming back.
>> I can't imagine the show without that role.
>>
>> The show was about people who were a menace to society and should have
>> been fired. I gave up long ago, but if by some miracle her character and
>> the lead detective both die I might be interested in watching the
>> finale.
>>
>> Eddie
>
> https://tvline.com/2022/08/23/coroner-renewed-cancelled-season-5-serinda-swan-leaving/
>

> Yeah, I completely missed that.
>
> Good for her. I hope she's not abaondoning in front of the camera work.
>
> But, yeah - her character on "Cornoner" was attrocious, as was the show
> itself. I gave up after season #2, IIRC.

“The C dub must die“ – Serinda Swan

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<87r0wywqy9.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168794&group=rec.arts.tv#168794

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 21:15:58 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 05:15 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> writes:

> On 2022-12-16 22:04:57 +0000, Eddie Grove said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> writes:
>>
>>> Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>>> Coroner (season 4 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CW)
>>
>> This really ought to be the series finale.
>>
>> The lead, Serinda Swan, has left, and says she is not coming back.
>> I can't imagine the show without that role.
>>
>> The show was about people who were a menace to society and should have
>> been fired. I gave up long ago, but if by some miracle her character and
>> the lead detective both die I might be interested in watching the
>> finale.
>>
>> Eddie
>
> https://tvline.com/2022/08/23/coroner-renewed-cancelled-season-5-serinda-swan-leaving/
>

> Yeah, I completely missed that.
>
> Good for her. I hope she's not abaondoning in front of the camera work.

I thought she's doing some Marvel something, but the hit I got was for
Inhumans in 2017.

She will be in Reacher season 2, but be warned she is

"an extremely intelligent private investigator who has no problem
holding her own in a fight against men much larger than she is"

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a41334803/reacher-season-2-serinda-swan/

At 5' 7" she matches Tom Cruise, so it's less ridiculous than him
playing Reacher.

> But, yeah - her character on "Cornoner" was attrocious, as was the
> show itself. I gave up after season #2, IIRC.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<d41efa03-0069-4283-8de9-6bd3fc4ef13fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168807&group=rec.arts.tv#168807

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 03:47:58 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 11:47 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Sunday, Dec. 18
>

> 1923 [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The latest installment in Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone universe arrives
> almost exactly one year after the debut of the previous prequel, 1883, and,
> like that series, will be a streaming exclusive. It will center on several
> additional generations of Duttons—including family members played by
> Harrison Ford (in his first regular TV role), Helen Mirren, Darren Mann,
> James Badge Dale, and Michelle Randolph. Non-Dutton regulars include a
> sheriff played by Robert Patrick and a wealthy and powerful local played by
> Timothy Dalton. Eight episodes; the rest will be released weekly from Jan..
> 1 through Feb. 12. This release is only for the U.S. and Canada. The series
> will premiere the following day, Monday, Dec. 19, on Paramount+ in the U.K.
> and Australia. Premiere dates for other Paramount+ international markets
> will be announced at a later date.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18335752/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88e9Dwnqo0

I had high hopes for "1883" but dropped it halfway thru as I couldn't take
the feminism anymore and I've given up on "Yellowstone" as it's become
just another generic family drama but the cast and setting for this new
show makes me want to check it out.

Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<tnmdtp$3tupk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168892&group=rec.arts.tv#168892

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:02:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:02 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>Hanukkah on Rye (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

>A matchmaker connects Molly and Jacob, but their new romance is put to the
>test when they realize that they are competing deli owners.

bonk

Sure sounds like they took a "competing book store owners" script and
did a word substitution

>Will a Hanukkah
>miracle keep them together? Stars Yael Grobglas, Jeremy Jordan and Lisa
>Loeb.

What Hanukkah miracle? Just substitute for "Christmas" in your script as
it's exactly the same holiday.

>Professionals (season 1 finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C-Wub (the C-Wub must die) advertised it as a series finale. It's
actually foreign programming first broadcast in 2020 so I think they
know by now that no one ordered additional episodes.

Re: Re: Dec. 17-23: Robin’s selected programming

<tnme83$3tupk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168893&group=rec.arts.tv#168893

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re:_Dec._17-23:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:07:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:07 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>Hanukkah on Rye (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

>>A matchmaker connects Molly and Jacob, but their new romance is put to the
>>test when they realize that they are competing deli owners. Will a Hanukkah
>>miracle keep them together? Stars Yael Grobglas, Jeremy Jordan and Lisa
>>Loeb.

>I like Yael Groblas, but there's already too many movies in this timeslot!!

I don't know who she is but I have nothing but contempt for Jeremy
Jordan, whom I blame for the further deterioration of Smash.
>>Professionals (season 1 finale) (9 pm, CW)

>Wow, I never did watch this... Is it on a streamer, like HBO Max?...

I watched it so you don't have to.