arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicessuper70s
+* Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicesBTR1701
|`- Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicessuper70s
`* Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicesBTR1701
 +- Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicesEd Stasiak
 `- Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devicestrotsky

1
[OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<super70s-60D853.15014828122022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170018&group=rec.arts.tv#170018

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:01:49 -0600
 by: super70s - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:01 UTC

The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
deemed the popular app a security risk.

Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.

more at:
<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/tiktok-banned-house-issued-
mobile-devices-rcna63403>

Reminds me of a piece in my local paper I thought was amusing, a new
judge elected earlier this year is really laying down the law. Cheaper
than investing in a metal detector I guess:

"...a new dress code has been implemented for General Sessions Court
beginning Jan. 4. Shorts, sagging pants, tank tops, halter tops and
clothing with a bare midriff are strictly prohibited. Shoes must be worn
at all times and offensive language and clothing with profane language
will not be allowed in court. Items that are prohibited in court include
cellphones, hats, purses, handbags, briefcases, sharp objects, food,
drinks, lighters, vapes, tobacco products and sunglasses."

No briefcases in court huh, the lawyers will have to just bundle all
their legal documents in their hands I guess.

Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<wCednTp3M5IAIjH-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170029&group=rec.arts.tv#170029

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 22:13:49 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 22:13 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
> deemed the popular app a security risk.
>
> Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
> phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
> devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.
>
> more at:
> <https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/tiktok-banned-house-issued-
> mobile-devices-rcna63403>
>

> Reminds me of a piece in my local paper I thought was amusing, a new
> judge elected earlier this year is really laying down the law. Cheaper
> than investing in a metal detector I guess:
>
> "...a new dress code has been implemented for General Sessions Court
> beginning Jan. 4. Shorts, sagging pants, tank tops, halter tops and
> clothing with a bare midriff are strictly prohibited. Shoes must be worn
> at all times and offensive language and clothing with profane language
> will not be allowed in court.

I wonder how the judge squares his "no offensive language on clothing" rule
with the Supreme Court's decision in Cohen v California:

Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971), was a landmark decision of the US
Supreme Court holding that the 1st Amendment prevented the conviction of
Paul Robert Cohen for the crime of disturbing the peace by wearing a jacket
displaying "Fuck the Draft" in the public corridors of a California
courthouse.

Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<super70s-D008E0.17162628122022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170034&group=rec.arts.tv#170034

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 17:16:26 -0600
 by: super70s - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 23:16 UTC

In article <wCednTp3M5IAIjH-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> > The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
> > deemed the popular app a security risk.
> >
> > Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
> > phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
> > devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.
> >
> > more at:
> > <https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/tiktok-banned-house-issued-
> > mobile-devices-rcna63403>
> >

> > Reminds me of a piece in my local paper I thought was amusing, a new
> > judge elected earlier this year is really laying down the law. Cheaper
> > than investing in a metal detector I guess:
> >
> > "...a new dress code has been implemented for General Sessions Court
> > beginning Jan. 4. Shorts, sagging pants, tank tops, halter tops and
> > clothing with a bare midriff are strictly prohibited. Shoes must be worn
> > at all times and offensive language and clothing with profane language
> > will not be allowed in court.
>
> I wonder how the judge squares his "no offensive language on clothing" rule
> with the Supreme Court's decision in Cohen v California:
>
> Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971), was a landmark decision of the US
> Supreme Court holding that the 1st Amendment prevented the conviction of
> Paul Robert Cohen for the crime of disturbing the peace by wearing a jacket
> displaying "Fuck the Draft" in the public corridors of a California
> courthouse.

I suppose the corridors of the courthouse are considered differently
than the courtroom itself, where the judge is like an infallible king
sitting on his throne.

Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<qPmdnbX_8r4DnIP5nZ2dnZfqnPsAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179934&group=rec.arts.tv#179934

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:01:34 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:01 UTC

On Dec 28, 2022 at 2:01:49 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:

> The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
> deemed the popular app a security risk.
>
> Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
> phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
> devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.

The Right admittedly sucks at culture. Everything they do further alienates
Gen Z.

They look stupid banning TikTok while China buys all our farmland.

Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<68c3d6da-4390-4265-9e41-72475edd92fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179950&group=rec.arts.tv#179950

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:15:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 00:15 UTC

> BTR1701
> > super70s
> >
> > The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
> > deemed the popular app a security risk.
> >
> > Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
> > phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
> > devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.
>
> The Right admittedly sucks at culture. Everything they do further alienates
> Gen Z.
>
> They look stupid banning TikTok while China buys all our farmland.

TikTok should be banned from any government issued device, in fact unless
it's deemed absolutely necessary, government devices should have NO access
to the Internet or at least strictly limited access (GoogleMaps and such).

But yeah, Republicans suck at encouraging young people to voting for them,
such as by banning abortion and being Wall Street whores, which the Dems
are also but they're promising America's youth a lifetime of living in mom's
basement at taxpayer's expense.

Re: [OT] TikTok banned on all House-issued mobile devices

<6zxTL.201972$OD18.201618@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179982&group=rec.arts.tv#179982

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 02:39:46 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 07:39 UTC

On 3/24/23 3:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2022 at 2:01:49 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> The chief administrative officer of the House, who issued the directive,
>> deemed the popular app a security risk.
>>
>> Lawmakers and staffers must delete TikTok from any House-issued mobile
>> phones and are prohibited from downloading the popular app on such
>> devices, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.
>
> The Right admittedly sucks at culture.

Where the motherfuck has "the right" ever admitted to anything? What
the FUCK are you talking about?

Everything they do further alienates
> Gen Z.
>
> They look stupid banning TikTok while China buys all our farmland.

The "right" (or Right if you think it needs to be capitalized like a
Trump) always looks stupid. Hope this helps.`