From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Benny Hill in his decline got more viewers in Doctor Who
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 03:31:06 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 20 May 2023 01:31 UTC

The show was cancelled due to being formulaic and losing
viewers, but Benny died with 5 million pounds in his bank
account.

Re: Benny Hill in his decline got more viewers in Doctor Who

<kdgjdeFdpabU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=17180&group=rec.arts.drwho#17180

From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 09:58:22 +0100
 by: Robert - Sun, 28 May 2023 08:58 UTC

On 20/05/2023 02:31, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> The show was cancelled due to being formulaic and losing
> viewers, but Benny died with 5 million pounds in his bank
> account.

Hill's final season in 1989 got double the viewership of Doctor Who.
This speaks volumes about the taste of the average viewing public!

Still, even Who's 4.31m is what today's multi-channel TV dreams of...

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational