Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong. -- Oscar Wilde

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands oftrotsky
`* Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions super70s
 +* Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions BTR1701
 |+- Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands oftrotsky
 |`* Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands ofDavid Johnston
 | +- Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands ofDimensional Traveler
 | `- Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands oftrotsky
 `- Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands ofRhino

1
Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171293&group=rec.arts.tv#171293

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 07:18:19 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 13:18 UTC

On 1/9/23 12:20 AM, RichA wrote:
> The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs

And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<super70s-5B2B3A.21110410012023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171485&group=rec.arts.tv#171485

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 21:11:04 -0600
 by: super70s - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:11 UTC

In article <tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
wrote:

> On 1/9/23 12:20 AM, RichA wrote:
> > The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December
> > without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have
> > created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs
>
> And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.

Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.

After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
later).

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<atropos-DD40A1.20240910012023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171490&group=rec.arts.tv#171490

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 20:24:09 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 04:24 UTC

In article
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 1/9/23 12:20 AM, RichA wrote:
> > > The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late
> > > December
> > > without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have
> > > created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs
> >
> > And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.
>
> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>
> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
> later).

The Alaska pipeline has only had a few minor problems in the many
decades its been operational. And whatever environmental damage results
is orders of magnitude less than accidents at sea with oil tanker ships,
which is the only other practical alternative to pipeline transportation.

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tpm066$r1p$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171508&group=rec.arts.tv#171508

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:40:22 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 09:40 UTC

On 1/10/23 10:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-5B2B3A.21110410012023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
>> wrote:

>>> And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.
>>
>> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
>> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
>> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>>
>> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
>> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
>> later).
>
> The Alaska pipeline has only had a few minor problems in the many
> decades its been operational. And whatever environmental damage results
> is orders of magnitude less than accidents at sea with oil tanker ships,
> which is the only other practical alternative to pipeline transportation.

Thank you, you're making the argument for electric vehicles quite well.

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tpm213$1oam$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171516&group=rec.arts.tv#171516

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:11:47 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:11 UTC

On 2023-01-10 9:24 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-5B2B3A.21110410012023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
>> wrote:

>>> And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.
>>
>> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
>> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
>> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>>
>> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
>> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
>> later).
>
> The Alaska pipeline has only had a few minor problems in the many
> decades its been operational.

The Keystone pipeline has had 23 spills in the last 12 years.

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tpmk2n$gjk7$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171537&group=rec.arts.tv#171537

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:19:50 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 15:19 UTC

On 2023-01-10 10:11 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <tph46r$bm5$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/9/23 12:20 AM, RichA wrote:
>>> The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December
>>> without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have
>>> created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs
>>
>> And yet we have record low unemployment so who gives a fuck.
>
> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>
> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
> later).

And when it leaks, more jobs get created to fix the leak and clean up
the spill.

--
Rhino

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tpmrf4$vc8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171552&group=rec.arts.tv#171552

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 09:25:57 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 17:25 UTC

On 1/11/2023 2:11 AM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2023-01-10 9:24 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article
>> <super70s-5B2B3A.21110410012023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
>>   super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
>>> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
>>> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>>>
>>> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
>>> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
>>> later).
>>
>> The Alaska pipeline has only had a few minor problems in the many
>> decades its been operational.
>
> The Keystone pipeline has had 23 spills in the last 12 years.

That doesn't sound good for a pipeline that hasn't even been finished.

dirty old man.

Re: Cancellation of Keystone pipeline costs tens of thousands of jobs, billions of $$$

<tpncge$1k51$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171571&group=rec.arts.tv#171571

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
jobs, billions of $$$
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:16:46 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:16 UTC

On 1/11/23 4:11 AM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2023-01-10 9:24 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article
>> <super70s-5B2B3A.21110410012023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
>>   super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> Even 16,149 jobs is optimistic. Those oil pipeline job figures are
>>> always jacked way up, like the promises of jobs with new gilded NFL
>>> stadiums that taxpayers usually have to subsidize.
>>>
>>> After the pipeline is built all you can do is routine maintenance and
>>> hope like hell it doesn't burst somewhere (it usually does sooner or
>>> later).
>>
>> The Alaska pipeline has only had a few minor problems in the many
>> decades its been operational.
>
> The Keystone pipeline has had 23 spills in the last 12 years.

Welcome to Eunuch Derp's fact free zone.