Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 17:47:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Defending Taiwan - It's Not About Human Rights, It's About Computer Chips
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 01:47 UTC

When the Chips Are Down
Gaming the Global Semiconductor Competition
By Becca Wasser, Martijn Rasser and Hannah Kelley JANUARY 27, 2022
https://www.cnas.org/publications/reports/when-the-chips-are-down

Introduction

The United States is in a strategic competition with a well-resourced and capable opponent. China seeks a global role that is broadly at odds with the strategic interests and values of America and fellow democracies. Technology, a key enabler of political, economic, and military power, is at the center of this competition. Within this competition, semiconductors loom large.. Chips are a driving force for breakthroughs in a range of critical technology areas, from AI to synthetic biology to quantum computing. Semiconductors are essential to the military systems used by the United States and its allies and partners to defend themselves and their interests. At a fundamental level, the day-to-day functioning of modern society hinges on dependable access to chips; critical infrastructure, transportation networks, and digital communication cannot function without them.

Semiconductor supply chains form an intricate global web, with several countries and companies serving as important nodes. Some of these nodes have such outsized importance that any disruption would have significant and detrimental cascading effects for U.S. national and economic security. Taiwan is the central node in the semiconductor supply chain.

----------

keep a song in your heart !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34_RmALMih8

Re: Defending Taiwan - It's Not About Human Rights, It's About Computer Chips

<33fb84ea-4751-482c-bca9-75f342f3bb4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171482&group=rec.arts.tv#171482

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 18:22:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Defending Taiwan - It's Not About Human Rights, It's About
Computer Chips
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:22 UTC

On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 8:47:06 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> When the Chips Are Down
> Gaming the Global Semiconductor Competition
> By Becca Wasser, Martijn Rasser and Hannah Kelley JANUARY 27, 2022
> https://www.cnas.org/publications/reports/when-the-chips-are-down

> Semiconductor supply chains form an intricate global web, with several countries and companies serving as important nodes. Some of these nodes have such outsized importance that any disruption would have significant and detrimental cascading effects for U.S. national and economic security. Taiwan is the central node in the semiconductor supply chain.

TAGS: do you really think the United States would be defending taiwan with such ferocity if it's major export was broccoli?