"Just Say No." - Nancy Reagan "No." - Ronald Reagan

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

SubjectAuthor
* Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionBTR1701
+- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditiontrotsky
+- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditionshawn
+* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditiontrotsky
|`* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionNoBody
| +* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditionsuzeeq
| |`- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditiontrotsky
| `- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditiontrotsky
+- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionNoBody
`* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionDavid Johnston
 `* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionAdam H. Kerman
  `* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionA Friend
   +* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditionanim8rfsk
   |`* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionAdam H. Kerman
   | `- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Traditionanim8rfsk
   `* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionAdam H. Kerman
    `* Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionA Friend
     `- Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday TraditionMicky DuPree

1
Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<QhycnShLhd9G9Dr-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169603&group=rec.arts.tv#169603

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:06:35 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:06 UTC

If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
reporting higher case rates last winter

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/

The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
don't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0

(Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<to86gu$vc4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169621&group=rec.arts.tv#169621

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:46:22 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 00:46 UTC

On 12/24/22 3:06 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
> masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
> reporting higher case rates last winter
>
> https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>
> The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
> don't work.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>
> (Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)

Secondary Analyses
The daily case incidence per 100,000 people for urban counties with a
masking mandate was reduced to 71 percent (95% CI: 63, 81) and 64
percent (95% CI: 55, 74) relative to urban counties without a masking
mandate at four and six weeks after intervention, respectively.

The Effectiveness Of Government Masking Mandates On ...

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2021.01072

Research ArticleCOVID-19
Health AffairsVol. 41, No. 3: Hospitals, Health Equity & More
The Effectiveness Of Government Masking Mandates On COVID-19
County-Level Case Incidence Across The United States, 2020

I realize you're too stupid to follow the science, but others will be
able to. Feel free to keep shitposting, though, it's what's expected
from you.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<2icfqhhi9bpjt6fl3pn4phrlrv50d11rnu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169632&group=rec.arts.tv#169632

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:17:54 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 02:17 UTC

On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:06:35 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
>masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
>reporting higher case rates last winter
>
>https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>
>The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
>don't work.

Not surprising since they do work. Mandates don't work when many
people will ignore them. What masks to help with is limiting the
spread of disease. Ideally we would copy the Japanese and wear a mask
when ever we are sick as that's something that isn't nearly so onerous
as requiring everyone to wear a mask when they leave their home and
it's been shown to be effective at limiting the spread of disease.
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>
>(Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<to9ad5$1htb$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169650&group=rec.arts.tv#169650

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 04:58:44 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:58 UTC

On 12/24/22 11:32 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 16:06:42 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
>> masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
>> reporting higher case rates last winter
>>
>> https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>>
>> The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
>> don't work.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>>
>> (Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)
>
> Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings.

What do you do differently anonyshit? Tell us about how you spend time
in the general public you fucking pansy. I fucking dare you you eunuch.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<urqgqhtg6k8nmt96aq6t7st9tke2kiuo7n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169653&group=rec.arts.tv#169653

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:26:32 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:26 UTC

On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:32:01 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 16:06:42 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
>> masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
>> reporting higher case rates last winter
>>
>> https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>>
>> The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
>> don't work.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>>
>> (Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)
>
>Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings. Their kids are housebound fatsos who
>have no developed immune systems so now they are scared of everything.

Absolutely true:

"RSV infections declined significantly during the peak of the COVID-19
pandemic. Due to masking and social distancing measures, young
children were not exposed to common germs during this time.

As many return to schools and other public places without masks, germs
and viruses are spreading as normal. However, with less built-up
immunity, children are more vulnerable than usual."

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/what-rsv-and-why-are-infections-surging

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<23rgqh9nh4oove452f7qnno14cs6028or7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169654&group=rec.arts.tv#169654

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:29:55 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:29 UTC

On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 04:58:44 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 12/24/22 11:32 PM, RichA wrote:
>> On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 16:06:42 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
>>> masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
>>> reporting higher case rates last winter
>>>
>>> https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>>>
>>> The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
>>> don't work.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>>>
>>> (Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)
>>
>> Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings.
>

>What do you do differently anonyshit? Tell us about how you spend time
>in the general public you fucking pansy. I fucking dare you you eunuch.

What are you, twelve years old?

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<to9rt8$9j0s$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169656&group=rec.arts.tv#169656

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 07:57:28 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:57 UTC

On 12/25/2022 7:29 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 04:58:44 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings.
>>

>> What do you do differently anonyshit? Tell us about how you spend time
>> in the general public you fucking pansy. I fucking dare you you eunuch.
>
> What are you, twelve years old?

Yep.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<to9slv$ad1$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169657&group=rec.arts.tv#169657

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:10:39 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 16:10 UTC

On 12/25/22 9:57 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 12/25/2022 7:29 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> What do you do differently anonyshit?  Tell us about how you spend time
>>> in the general public you fucking pansy.  I fucking dare you you eunuch.
>>
>> What are you, twelve years old?
>>

> Yep.

Hey Oath Keeper Derp, isn't hall monitor suzee doing the EXACT SAME
THING you accuse Mickey Dupree of doing? And the shitposting continues...

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<to9sn4$ad1$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169658&group=rec.arts.tv#169658

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:11:16 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 16:11 UTC

On 12/25/22 9:29 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 04:58:44 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings.
>>

>> What do you do differently anonyshit? Tell us about how you spend time
>> in the general public you fucking pansy. I fucking dare you you eunuch.
>
> What are you, twelve years old?

Anonyshit, sockpuppet and eunuch says what?

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<togrd1$vi0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169892&group=rec.arts.tv#169892

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 00:31:44 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:31 UTC

On 2022-12-24 10:32 p.m., RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 16:06:42 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> If you thought they'd ever let masks go, The Atlantic is now advocating for
>> masking "to become a holiday tradition" despite states with mask mandates
>> reporting higher case rates last winter
>>
>> https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/winter-covid-masking-guidance/672569/
>>
>> The media will never let masks go, no matter how much proof we have they
>> don't work.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t29hm6ffc1qg81l/MaskEffectiveness.jpg?dl=0
>>
>> (Atlantic's article has 56,600 views, 11 likes. Based ratio.)
>
> Even if they worked, what has changed such that masks have to be worn for flu and cold exposure? People are f------- weaklings. Their kids are housebound fatsos who
> have no developed immune systems so now they are scared of everything.

I have never bothered to take any precautions against the flu. I caught
it this year. Didn't put me in the hospital but I was sicker with it
than I've ever been and I can't quite seem to shake this lingering cough.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<togrhu$3tgq1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169893&group=rec.arts.tv#169893

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:34:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:34 UTC

David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>I have never bothered to take any precautions against the flu. I caught
>it this year. Didn't put me in the hospital but I was sicker with it
>than I've ever been and I can't quite seem to shake this lingering cough.

Get well soonest.

I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<281220220734196333%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169941&group=rec.arts.tv#169941

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:34:19 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:34 UTC

In article <togrhu$3tgq1$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>. . .
>
> >I have never bothered to take any precautions against the flu. I caught
> >it this year. Didn't put me in the hospital but I was sicker with it
> >than I've ever been and I can't quite seem to shake this lingering cough.
>
> Get well soonest.
>
> I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
> virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.

I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.

These are my golden years.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<943663250.693946035.431592.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170006&group=rec.arts.tv#170006

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:54:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:54 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <togrhu$3tgq1$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I have never bothered to take any precautions against the flu. I caught
>>> it this year. Didn't put me in the hospital but I was sicker with it
>>> than I've ever been and I can't quite seem to shake this lingering cough.
>>
>> Get well soonest.
>>
>> I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
>> virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.
>

> I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
> time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.
>
> These are my golden years.

They told me I was too sick to get the flu shot.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<toic33$2dil$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170022&group=rec.arts.tv#170022

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:22:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:22 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>Get well soonest.

>>>I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
>>>virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.
>>I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
>>time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.

>>These are my golden years.

>They told me I was too sick to get the flu shot.

You are living proof that cross-species viral infections between
computer and human are real and not just a plot of a stupid movie.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<toic5f$2dil$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170023&group=rec.arts.tv#170023

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:23:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:23 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>I have never bothered to take any precautions against the flu. I caught
>>>it this year. Didn't put me in the hospital but I was sicker with it
>>>than I've ever been and I can't quite seem to shake this lingering cough.

>>Get well soonest.

>>I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
>>virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.

>I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
>time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.

>These are my golden years.

Happy birthday, and I hope they guessed correctly the flu subvarients
you are likely to be exposed to.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<281220221811192295%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170033&group=rec.arts.tv#170033

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:11:19 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 23:11 UTC

In article <toic5f$2dil$4@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> A Friend wrote:
> >Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> >>Get well soonest.
>
> >>I never have either. This year, since they have been predicting quite a
> >>virulent flu season, I got the vaccine when I got the COVID booster.
>
> >I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
> >time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.
>
> >These are my golden years.
>
> Happy birthday, and I hope they guessed correctly the flu subvarients
> you are likely to be exposed to.

Thank you, and me too.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<832625161.693988977.574928.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170091&group=rec.arts.tv#170091

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 23:54:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 06:54 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
>>> time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.
>
>>> These are my golden years.
>
>> They told me I was too sick to get the flu shot.
>
> You are living proof that cross-species viral infections between
> computer and human are real and not just a plot of a stupid movie.

Lol

My GP had just diagnosed me with contagious bronchitis and told me to stay
the hell away from people for a week. I asked if I could get a flu shot as
long as I was there and he said not for a couple of weeks. The next time I
saw him was that emergency EKG and I didn’t even ask that time.

Re: Atlantic: Masking Needs to Become a New Holiday Tradition

<tpl6ej$1jq$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171481&group=rec.arts.tv#171481

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:21:07 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:21 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> writes:

> In article <toic5f$2dil$4@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> A Friend wrote:

>>> I turn 70 in a couple of weeks, so I got all the shots. There was a
>>> time not so long ago when I wouldn't have worried about it.
>>>
>>> These are my golden years.
>>
>> Happy birthday, and I hope they guessed correctly the flu subvarients
>> you are likely to be exposed to.
>
> Thank you, and me too.

A sliver of good news:

"Flu vaccine appears to be a very good match to circulating
strains, CDC says"

<https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/05/health/flu-vaccine-good-match/index.html>

-Micky