Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 19:52:38 -0800
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: Re: Spy. She should have been shot
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 03:52 UTC

On Sat, 07 Jan 2023 18:39:41 -0800, RichA wrote:

> America's "spa" prisons are NOT like what spies in the East face.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64200872

from the article:

However, unlike other high-profile spies caught during the cold
war, Montes was motivated by ideology, not personal gain. She
agreed to work for Cuban intelligence in part based on her
opposition to the Reagan Administration's activities in Latin
America.

In particular, a report from the defence department's inspector
general found, she is believed to have been angered by US support
for the Nicaragua Contras - a right-wing rebel group suspected of
committing war crimes and other atrocities in the country.

She was initially approached by a fellow student at Johns Hopkins
University in 1984 after expressing outrage at US actions in
Nicaragua. She was later introduced to a Cuban intelligence agent
and at a dinner in New York City she "unhesitatingly agreed to
work through the Cubans to 'help' Nicaragua", the inspector
general's report said.

After travelling to Havana the following year for training, she
joined the Defence Intelligence Agency, where she would
eventually become the organisation's senior analyst on the
island's communist government.

For almost two decades she met with Cuban handlers every few
weeks at Washington DC restaurants and sent coded messages
containing top secret information to them via pager. She received
her orders by transmissions sent over short-wave radio.

She was finally detained in September 2001 after US intelligence
officials received a tip that a government employee seemed to be
spying for Cuba. One of the FBI agents who arrested her said she
had appeared stoic upon her arrest.

Re: Spy. She should have been shot

<0001HW.296E1E3B00F74F9830EDD538F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171471&group=rec.arts.tv#171471

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:29:15 -0800
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 22:29 UTC

On Sat, 07 Jan 2023 22:23:47 -0800, RichA wrote:

> On Saturday, 7 January 2023 at 22:52:46 UTC-5, Pluted Pup wrote:
> > On Sat, 07 Jan 2023 18:39:41 -0800, RichA wrote:
> >
> > > America's "spa" prisons are NOT like what spies in the East face.
> > >
> > > https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64200872
> > from the article:
> >
> > However, unlike other high-profile spies caught during the cold
> > war, Montes was motivated by ideology, not personal gain. She
> > agreed to work for Cuban intelligence in part based on her
> > opposition to the Reagan Administration's activities in Latin
> > America.
>
> Yeah, some ideology. Just look at societies that embraced it in South America.

She may have embraced that ideology from reading the
Washington Post all those years with their slogan
"light skin bad, dark skin good".

Re: Spy. She should have been shot

<tpm03p$r1p$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171507&group=rec.arts.tv#171507

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:39:05 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 09:39 UTC

On 1/10/23 6:51 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 17:29:24 UTC-5, Pluted Pup wrote:

>>> Yeah, some ideology. Just look at societies that embraced it in South America.
>> She may have embraced that ideology from reading the
>> Washington Post all those years with their slogan
>> "light skin bad, dark skin good".
>
> You'd never know it from most of their editorial staff:
>
> https://ballsandstrikes.org/legal-culture/supreme-court-reform-washington-post-editorial-board/

Well anonyshitted. Are you black?