To have died once is enough. -- Publius Vergilius Maro (Virgil)

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: KQED really wants user input...!

SubjectAuthor
* KQED really wants user input...!Pete
+* Re: KQED really wants user input...!Your Name
|`- Re: KQED really wants user input...!Pete
`* Re: KQED really wants user input...!Rhino
 `- Re: KQED really wants user input...!Pete

1
KQED really wants user input...!

<tpl875$13ng$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171484&group=rec.arts.tv#171484

From: neverl...@GoodeveCa.net (Pete)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: KQED really wants user input...!
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:51:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pete - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 02:51 UTC

KQED (PBS) is currently runnning a 'quiz promo', and the answer
they give is wrong(!) so I thought I'd be helpful, and went to
"Contact Us" on their website. All I get (trying three browsers
-- including Firefox) is a completely blank page! So far I've
found no way to actually correct them.

-- Pete --

Re: KQED really wants user input...!

<tplfdp$15ve$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171491&group=rec.arts.tv#171491

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: KQED really wants user input...!
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 17:54:18 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 04:54 UTC

On 2023-01-11 02:51:17 +0000, Pete said:

> KQED (PBS) is currently runnning a 'quiz promo', and the answer
> they give is wrong(!) so I thought I'd be helpful, and went to
> "Contact Us" on their website. All I get (trying three browsers
> -- including Firefox) is a completely blank page! So far I've
> found no way to actually correct them.
>
> -- Pete --

Seems to work fine for me (Safari 13, Mac OS High Sierra), although I
didn't try filling it out to submit.

<https://i.imgur.com/6BFlc2G.jpg>

Took a few pages to find the contact link through - awful website!
<https://kqed-helpcenter.kqed.org/s/contactsupport>

Maybe you need to turn off advert blocking add-ons if you're using any.

Re: KQED really wants user input...!

<tpmjur$gjk7$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171536&group=rec.arts.tv#171536

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:17:46 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 15:17 UTC

On 2023-01-10 9:51 PM, Pete wrote:
> KQED (PBS) is currently runnning a 'quiz promo', and the answer
> they give is wrong(!) so I thought I'd be helpful, and went to
> "Contact Us" on their website. All I get (trying three browsers
> -- including Firefox) is a completely blank page! So far I've
> found no way to actually correct them.
>
> -- Pete --

I've seen websites like that. <mini-rant>One time, I was trying to
register for something that was at least moderately useful to me - I
don't remember what but it was probably some kind of information about
writing good code - and the registration form wouldn't accept my
information but was completely cryptic about why. I scoured the website
and there was absolutely no way to contact them to tell them that their
form was not working. Perhaps there was such a method once you'd
successfully registered but with the registration screen broken, you
weren't ever going to get there. There should ALWAYS be some way to
reach the webmaster that doesn't assume the site is working
perfectly.</mini-rant>

Hmm.

I just looked at the KQED website and found an option for a Help Center.
It seems to be focused on advice on how to get your streaming working
well but it *does* have an option for getting more help with the big red
"Contact Support" button at the bottom of the page.

https://kqed-helpcenter.kqed.org/s/

Once you click on that button, you see a page that let's you compose an
email. (There's also a link to access their member services which gives
you ANOTHER form for composing an email.

If, for some reason those approaches fail, there is another option that
will work on many websites. You *could* try sending an email to the
domain name with the information. I would try sending it to
webmaster@kqed.org (or whatever the domain name is of the website that
is giving you trouble). With luck, the webmaster set things up so that
emails sent to their domain name get sent to someone (perhaps the
webmaster him/herself) who can at least forward them to the appropriate
person if they can't deal with the issue themselves. No promises that
this will work but it would only take a moment to try it and it has a
decent chance of working.

--
Rhino

Re: KQED really wants user input...!

<tpnjrv$9s6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171581&group=rec.arts.tv#171581

From: neverl...@GoodeveCa.net (Pete)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:22:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pete - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:22 UTC

In article <tplfdp$15ve$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2023-01-11 02:51:17 +0000, Pete said:
>>
>> KQED (PBS) is currently runnning a 'quiz promo', and the answer
>> they give is wrong(!) so I thought I'd be helpful, and went to
>> "Contact Us" on their website. All I get (trying three browsers
>> -- including Firefox) is a completely blank page! So far I've
>> found no way to actually correct them.
>>
>> -- Pete --
>
>Seems to work fine for me (Safari 13, Mac OS High Sierra), although I
>didn't try filling it out to submit.
>
><https://i.imgur.com/6BFlc2G.jpg>

Heh. Yes, I was a bit premature. I'd tried two browsers (on my Haiku OS)
and finally Firefox on my Android PDA, and they all had the same blank
screen. I eventually switched to Linux on my laptop, and Firefox there
was quite happy to let me say what I wanted.

I do wish, though, that website designers would avoid using the "latest
features" that completely baffle many browsers. I seldom have problems
with Android Firefox, however; not sure what went wrong this time.

I do admit to hobbling myself somewhat by preferring 'Haiku' (though
if you ever tried it you might understsand why!), but I find it vastly
superior in everything *except* web access. (One guy essentially
handles browser development, and he can't keep up.) Sometimes there's
only Linux. (I don't do either Windows or Mac...)

>Took a few pages to find the contact link through - awful website!
><https://kqed-helpcenter.kqed.org/s/contactsupport>

Yep -- that was the link I had that didn't work. Found it simply under
"Contact Us", but I agree on the Website design.

>Maybe you need to turn off advert blocking add-ons if you're using any.

I use NoScript on Firefox, but I turn it off if I have problems.

-- Pete --

Re: KQED really wants user input...!

<tpnk5r$ct7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171582&group=rec.arts.tv#171582

From: neverl...@GoodeveCa.net (Pete)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:27:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pete - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:27 UTC

In article <tpmjur$gjk7$6@dont-email.me>,
>On 2023-01-10 9:51 PM, Pete wrote:
>> KQED (PBS) is currently runnning a 'quiz promo', and the answer
>> they give is wrong(!) so I thought I'd be helpful, and went to
>> "Contact Us" on their website. All I get (trying three browsers
>> -- including Firefox) is a completely blank page! So far I've
>> found no way to actually correct them.
>>
>> -- Pete --
>>

>I've seen websites like that.
Way too many...!

I deleted the rest of your helpful reply as I eventually succeeded
myself (see other post), but I appreciate it. Thanks!

-- Pete --