Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesmoviePig
+* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesYour Name
|`- Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesDimensional Traveler
+* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesmoviePig
|+* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesBTR1701
||+- Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesmoviePig
||`- Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiestrotsky
|`* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesYour Name
| `* Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiesBTR1701
|  `- Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiestrotsky
`- Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studiestrotsky

1
Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<ASUvL.609719$GNG9.276829@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171629&group=rec.arts.tv#171629

Subject: Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 09:33:04 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 14:33 UTC

On 1/11/2023 8:05 PM, RichA wrote:
> Gee, when you are doing better you give more to charity. What a revelation!!
>
> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-company-stock-employees-taxi-drivers.html

Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tpprot$14d0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171654&group=rec.arts.tv#171654

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:49:33 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 20:49 UTC

On 2023-01-12 14:33:04 +0000, moviePig said:
> On 1/11/2023 8:05 PM, RichA wrote:
>> Gee, when you are doing better you give more to charity. What a revelation!!
>>
>> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-company-stock-employees-taxi-drivers.html
>
> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.

Almost all "studies" are a complete waste of time and money. Most are
so wildly inaccurate in the way they are run (miniscule sample size,
misleading questions, ignoring responses that "don't fit", respnses
statistically manipulated, etc.), that the "results" are utterly
meaningless ... often there's another study a short time later that
"proves" the complete opposite.

One of the worst types are the "medical studies" that get reported in
the news media, and scare all the brainless people.

The only things these "stuides" ever prove is how extrmeley gullible
and/or easily confused most people are. :-(

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171657&group=rec.arts.tv#171657

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 16:47:05 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 21:47 UTC

On 1/12/2023 4:06 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 January 2023 at 09:33:10 UTC-5, moviePig wrote:
>> On 1/11/2023 8:05 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Gee, when you are doing better you give more to charity. What a
>>> revelation!!
>>>
>>> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-company-stock-employees-taxi-drivers.html

Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.

> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.

Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...

"Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tpq0ck$1cenb$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171660&group=rec.arts.tv#171660

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 14:08:22 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 22:08 UTC

On 1/12/2023 12:49 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2023-01-12 14:33:04 +0000, moviePig said:
>> On 1/11/2023 8:05 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Gee, when you are doing better you give more to charity.  What a
>>> revelation!!
>>>
>>> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-company-stock-employees-taxi-drivers.html
>>
>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>
> Almost all "studies" are a complete waste of time and money. Most are so
> wildly inaccurate in the way they are run (miniscule sample size,
> misleading questions, ignoring responses that "don't fit", respnses
> statistically manipulated, etc.), that the "results" are utterly
> meaningless ... often there's another study a short time later that
> "proves" the complete opposite.
>
> One of the worst types are the "medical studies" that get reported in
> the news media, and scare all the brainless people.
>
> The only things these "stuides" ever prove is how extrmeley gullible
> and/or easily confused most people are.  :-(

You should do a study on that.

dirty old man.

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<L3ydnWPRIdw4BF3-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171666&group=rec.arts.tv#171666

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 23:37:09 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 23:37 UTC

On Jan 12, 2023 at 1:47:05 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 1/12/2023 4:06 PM, RichA wrote:

> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>>
>> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
>> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.
>
> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>
> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google

That's because counter service doesn't require the same level attention and
work as serving a dinner table does.

Again, no expensive study required to suss that out.

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<D61wL.33715$ZhSc.24482@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171668&group=rec.arts.tv#171668

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 18:56:18 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 23:56 UTC

On 1/12/2023 6:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2023 at 1:47:05 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>>>
>>> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
>>> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.
>>
>> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>>
>> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
>> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google
>
> That's because counter service doesn't require the same level attention and
> work as serving a dinner table does.
>
> Again, no expensive study required to suss that out.

In that regard, why would the rich differ from the less rich?

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tpq9qb$g6s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171672&group=rec.arts.tv#171672

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 13:49:15 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 00:49 UTC

On 2023-01-12 21:47:05 +0000, moviePig said:
> On 1/12/2023 4:06 PM, RichA wrote:

> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>>
>> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
>> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.
>
> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>
> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google

Rich people are often greedier and more selfish, so less likely to give
money to charity organisations ... except when they're getting a tax
break for doing so, or boosting their own publicity.

BUT that sometimes changes at an indeterminate point. The uber-rich
have no clue about money and have far more than they'll ever need, so
throw it away like water to almost anyone that asks for some.

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<ld6dnfmJsMi_J13-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171677&group=rec.arts.tv#171677

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 01:55:46 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 01:55 UTC

On Jan 12, 2023 at 4:49:15 PM PST, "Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2023-01-12 21:47:05 +0000, moviePig said:

>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>>>
>>> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
>>> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.
>>
>> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>>
>> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
>> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google
>
> Rich people are often greedier and more selfish, so less likely to give
> money to charity organisations ... except when they're getting a tax
> break for doing so, or boosting their own publicity.
>
> BUT that sometimes changes at an indeterminate point. The uber-rich
> have no clue about money and have far more than they'll ever need, so
> throw it away like water to almost anyone that asks for some.

I was on the first campaign rotation during the 2020 election and was assigned
to do site advances for Trump in Florida. I advanced one of the first golf
trips to Trump International and when it was over and I was leading Trump out
to the motorcade, he stopped me before I opened the car door and took a huge
wad of cash from his pocket, peeled off about 20 $100 bills and started to
hand it to me and said divide this around among all the guys, you did a great
job today. I was floored. I'd never had a protectee try and tip me before and
was kind of at a loss how to respond. Thankfully, the manager of the resort
was there and he whispered in Trump's ear that we were government employees
and aren't allowed to take money like that. Trump seemed surprised by that and
said, "If I win, maybe we can change that" and got in the car.

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tpr750$1rgc$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171715&group=rec.arts.tv#171715

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 03:10:54 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:10 UTC

On 1/12/23 5:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2023 at 1:47:05 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>>>
>>> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This
>>> is why Democrats are SO BAD at understanding human nature.
>>
>> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>>
>> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
>> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google
>
> That's because counter service doesn't require the same level attention and
> work as serving a dinner table does.
>
> Again, no expensive study required to suss that out.

How "expensive" was it for the university? Tough to whine about
taxpayers when they're spending their own money isn't it, liar?

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tpr7dl$1rgc$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171718&group=rec.arts.tv#171718

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 03:15:31 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:15 UTC

On 1/12/23 3:06 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 January 2023 at 09:33:10 UTC-5, moviePig wrote:
>> On 1/11/2023 8:05 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Gee, when you are doing better you give more to charity. What a revelation!!
>>>
>>> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-company-stock-employees-taxi-drivers.html
>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.
>
> But of course it wasn't, as any amount of logic would TELL you. This is why Democrats
> are SO BAD at understanding human nature.

What the FUCK are you talking about? Could you be any MORE of a
BLITHERTING IDIOT?

Re: Incomprehensibly STUPID university studies

<tprfaf$2i8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171729&group=rec.arts.tv#171729

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 05:29:18 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 11:29 UTC

On 1/12/23 7:55 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2023 at 4:49:15 PM PST, "Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Not revelation, confirmation of a supposition that could've been wrong.

>>> Such 'logic' is based on assumptions, not facts...
>>>
>>> "Rich people may tip well at fancy sit-down restaurants, but the data
>>> suggests they're less likely to for counter service." -Google
>>
>> Rich people are often greedier and more selfish, so less likely to give
>> money to charity organisations ... except when they're getting a tax
>> break for doing so, or boosting their own publicity.
>>
>> BUT that sometimes changes at an indeterminate point. The uber-rich
>> have no clue about money and have far more than they'll ever need, so
>> throw it away like water to almost anyone that asks for some.
>
> I was on the first campaign rotation during the 2020 election and was assigned
> to do site advances

"Site advances" garnered zero hits on google, but you be you.

for Trump in Florida. I advanced one of the first golf
> trips to Trump International and when it was over and I was leading Trump out
> to the motorcade, he stopped me before I opened the car door and took a huge
> wad of cash from his pocket, peeled off about 20 $100 bills and started to
> hand it to me and said divide this around among all the guys, you did a great
> job today. I was floored. I'd never had a protectee try and tip me before and
> was kind of at a loss how to respond. Thankfully, the manager of the resort
> was there and he whispered in Trump's ear that we were government employees
> and aren't allowed to take money like that. Trump seemed surprised by that and
> said, "If I win, maybe we can change that" and got in the car.

Interesting story, the manager knew you weren't supposed to be tipped
but you couldn't manage to say anything. Super credible. Not.