The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: NCIS triathlon

SubjectAuthor
* NCIS triathlonanim8rfsk
`* Re: NCIS triathlontenworld
 `* Re: NCIS triathlonanim8rfsk
  `* Re: NCIS triathlonshawn
   `* Re: NCIS triathlonanim8rfsk
    +- Re: NCIS triathlonA Friend
    +- Re: NCIS triathlonshawn
    `* Re: NCIS triathlontenworld
     `- Re: NCIS triathlonanim8rfsk

1
NCIS triathlon

<1487386651.695020782.918907.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171381&group=rec.arts.tv#171381

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: NCIS triathlon
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 22:20:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 05:20 UTC

NCIS triathlon

Part one, NCIS

The idiot that wrote this doesn’t know what a computer file suffix is. They
don’t know what a quadrant is. They think that when you copy a file from a
server it disappears from that server and is missing and is gone like they
were hard copies.

Casey uses “SSD“ wrong

McProby unlocks his work phone and leaves it on the table in a public
restaurant while he goes to the bathroom

Why did they assume the sniper at Gibbs deserted cabin is on foot? (They
were wrong)

Why is one of NCIS‘s most wanted Wonder Man from the MCU?

Why do the computer experts think the deleted files on a floppy disk can’t
be recovered?

(Sidenote: it turns out the reason the doctor from Star Trek Voyager stole
the files in the first place and transferred them to floppy disks and then
thumb drives is because he wants to make sure they’re completely destroyed
so that no one ever sees them under any circumstances. So why the hell does
he keep making new copies of them?)

Why are all the county Mounties sheriffs? Why are the county Mountie
sheriffs refusing to cooperate with NCIS (wait, I’ve got that one, because
everybody that works for the county is worthless). Why does the hot special
agent use the speakerphone in front of the county Mountie sheriffs that are
refusing to cooperate with her to say that Casey is monitoring all the
radio transmissions and they don’t need them anyway?

Why isn’t anybody from NCIS New Orleans in this? It’s not like they got new
jobs.

Why do Sam and special K have to fly back to California to check out a
Malibu clue? Did they forget that NCIS LA has about 30 people working in
the office?

NCIS Hawai’i

Why does Tennant assume they aren’t in Los Angeles when Sam Hannah is
there?

At the 1/3 point I am seriously wondering if this whole thing isn’t some
sort of simulation.

why is the spooky CIA chick spook wearing sunglasses inside? And why
doesn’t she have that gigantic pre-cancerous mole removed from her cheek?
Is she like storing nipples for somebody?

The smell of jasmine means they must be in Hawaii because Jasmine doesn’t
exist anywhere else in the world! Too bad Jasmine isn’t actually native to
Hawaii and is actually considered an invasive pest.

After that they mostly run around shooting at each other and it just all
becomes too stupid to worry about. Lots of big stupid ensues such as the
worlds greatest assassin staying off the radar by running a flower nursery
in Hawaii without a Social Security number or complying with anything you
need to do to run a business. Or stay off the radar.

NCIS – EOHIM (every one here is Muslim)

The Brady Bunch dad and fez and maybe some Hawaii people all fly to Los
Angeles where Simon (but not and Simon) has gone missing as the mystery
killers try to eradicate everybody everywhere.

fez and the NCIS guy I can’t tell from the tard on criminal minds interview
a hideous ginger who is either supposed to be Mimi from Drew Carey or the
computer girl from the aforementioned criminal minds. She says she has
doctor-patient confidentiality so she doesn’t have to answer questions even
though she just has some sort of stupid PhD that they don’t even ask her to
prove and no one starts hitting her in the face repeatedly.

Distorted Voice cameo from Hetty.

Kenzie mispronounces Fatima’s name right to her face. OMG.

Roundtree breaks under torture.

Sam Hannah says that NCIS LA‘s headquarters is one of the worlds most
deeply held secrets and almost everyone thinks their big Spanish mission is
a water station. What the hell?

At the boat shed NCIS murders a whole bunch of burly guys in body armor and
have to take off their masks to confirm that they’re not actually a cute
short girl.

NCIS sends the girls in dune buggies to assault an airplane boneyard and
murder anybody they see.

Fez gets the crap beat out of him by a guy twice his size (which is to say
pretty much normal size) which I enjoyed a lot especially when he had to
have the girl from Hawai’i save him. Hey, she’s bigger than him too.

The showdown finds the cute short girl using Roundtree as a human shield
until somebody from NCIS murders her by shooting her in the back. They
don’t tell us who.

Turns out to have been General Simon and Simon.

Back at the secret headquarters that everybody knows about they say their
goodbyes. Gen Simon and Simon wants to trade assignments with the Brady
Bunch dad but the Brady Bunch dad says no way in hell. Callen says they
should all do this together again sometime and everybody else says no way
in hell. Which is pretty much how the audience feels.

We get previews for the next episodes of all three shows none of which look
interesting in anyway.

There were also lots of previews for various FBI shows and for the new TRUE
LIES which doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the movie and stars an
amazingly old female lead.

Re: NCIS triathlon

<607dbcf6-b0f5-4e07-94ec-0e4a10e69b3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171635&group=rec.arts.tv#171635

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 08:13:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: NCIS triathlon
From: ten...@world.std.com (tenworld)
 by: tenworld - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 16:13 UTC

On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 12:20:27 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> NCIS triathlon
>
> Part one, NCIS
>
> The idiot that wrote this doesn’t know what a computer file suffix is. They
> don’t know what a quadrant is. They think that when you copy a file from a
> server it disappears from that server and is missing and is gone like they
> were hard copies.
ya that annoyed me

> Casey uses “SSD“ wrong
>
> McProby unlocks his work phone and leaves it on the table in a public
> restaurant while he goes to the bathroom
a firing offense

> Why did they assume the sniper at Gibbs deserted cabin is on foot? (They
> were wrong)
>
> Why is one of NCIS‘s most wanted Wonder Man from the MCU?
>
> Why do the computer experts think the deleted files on a floppy disk can’t
> be recovered?
>
> (Sidenote: it turns out the reason the doctor from Star Trek Voyager stole
> the files in the first place and transferred them to floppy disks and then
> thumb drives is because he wants to make sure they’re completely destroyed
> so that no one ever sees them under any circumstances. So why the hell does
> he keep making new copies of them?)
>
> Why are all the county Mounties sheriffs? Why are the county Mountie
> sheriffs refusing to cooperate with NCIS (wait, I’ve got that one, because
> everybody that works for the county is worthless). Why does the hot special
> agent use the speakerphone in front of the county Mountie sheriffs that are
> refusing to cooperate with her to say that Casey is monitoring all the
> radio transmissions and they don’t need them anyway?
>
> Why isn’t anybody from NCIS New Orleans in this? It’s not like they got new
> jobs.
>
> Why do Sam and special K have to fly back to California to check out a
> Malibu clue? Did they forget that NCIS LA has about 30 people working in
> the office?
>
> NCIS Hawai’i
>
> Why does Tennant assume they aren’t in Los Angeles when Sam Hannah is
> there?
>
> At the 1/3 point I am seriously wondering if this whole thing isn’t some
> sort of simulation.
>
> why is the spooky CIA chick spook wearing sunglasses inside?
thats a stereotype for CIA
And why
> doesn’t she have that gigantic pre-cancerous mole removed from her cheek?
> Is she like storing nipples for somebody?
>
> The smell of jasmine means they must be in Hawaii because Jasmine doesn’t
> exist anywhere else in the world! Too bad Jasmine isn’t actually native to
> Hawaii and is actually considered an invasive pest.
i had jasmine in my garden in Socal

> After that they mostly run around shooting at each other and it just all
> becomes too stupid to worry about. Lots of big stupid ensues such as the
> worlds greatest assassin staying off the radar by running a flower nursery
> in Hawaii without a Social Security number or complying with anything you
> need to do to run a business. Or stay off the radar.
>
> NCIS – EOHIM (every one here is Muslim)
its either that or add more trans/bi/cross characters.

> The Brady Bunch dad and fez and maybe some Hawaii people all fly to Los
> Angeles where Simon (but not and Simon) has gone missing as the mystery
> killers try to eradicate everybody everywhere.
>
> fez and the NCIS guy I can’t tell from the tard on criminal minds interview
> a hideous ginger who is either supposed to be Mimi from Drew Carey or the
> computer girl from the aforementioned criminal minds. She says she has
> doctor-patient confidentiality so she doesn’t have to answer questions even
> though she just has some sort of stupid PhD that they don’t even ask her to
> prove and no one starts hitting her in the face repeatedly.
>
> Distorted Voice cameo from Hetty.
>
> Kenzie mispronounces Fatima’s name right to her face. OMG.
>
> Roundtree breaks under torture.
he sent them to where is team was, might have been planned

> Sam Hannah says that NCIS LA‘s headquarters is one of the worlds most
> deeply held secrets and almost everyone thinks their big Spanish mission is
> a water station. What the hell?
>
> At the boat shed NCIS murders a whole bunch of burly guys in body armor and
> have to take off their masks to confirm that they’re not actually a cute
> short girl.
lol

> NCIS sends the girls in dune buggies to assault an airplane boneyard and
> murder anybody they see.
>
> Fez gets the crap beat out of him by a guy twice his size (which is to say
> pretty much normal size) which I enjoyed a lot especially when he had to
> have the girl from Hawai’i save him. Hey, she’s bigger than him too.
>
> The showdown finds the cute short girl using Roundtree as a human shield
> until somebody from NCIS murders her by shooting her in the back. They
> don’t tell us who.
>
> Turns out to have been General Simon and Simon.
dont you mean admiral?

> Back at the secret headquarters that everybody knows about they say their
> goodbyes. Gen Simon and Simon wants to trade assignments with the Brady
> Bunch dad but the Brady Bunch dad says no way in hell. Callen says they
> should all do this together again sometime and everybody else says no way
> in hell. Which is pretty much how the audience feels.
>
> We get previews for the next episodes of all three shows none of which look
> interesting in anyway.
>
> There were also lots of previews for various FBI shows and for the new TRUE
> LIES which doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the movie and stars an
> amazingly old female lead.
>
> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
ok ?

Re: NCIS triathlon

<977862164.695241530.104097.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171649&group=rec.arts.tv#171649

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 13:36:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 20:36 UTC

tenworld <ten@world.std.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 12:20:27 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> NCIS triathlon
>>
>> Part one, NCIS
>>
>> The idiot that wrote this doesn’t know what a computer file suffix is. They
>> don’t know what a quadrant is. They think that when you copy a file from a
>> server it disappears from that server and is missing and is gone like they
>> were hard copies.
> ya that annoyed me
>>
>> Casey uses “SSD“ wrong
>>
>> McProby unlocks his work phone and leaves it on the table in a public
>> restaurant while he goes to the bathroom
> a firing offense

And somehow when his phone is unlocked you can just go through it and read
all his security passwords. Hell, you can’t even do that on my phone!

>> Why did they assume the sniper at Gibbs deserted cabin is on foot? (They
>> were wrong)
>>
>> Why is one of NCIS‘s most wanted Wonder Man from the MCU?
>>
>> Why do the computer experts think the deleted files on a floppy disk can’t
>> be recovered?
>>
>> (Sidenote: it turns out the reason the doctor from Star Trek Voyager stole
>> the files in the first place and transferred them to floppy disks and then
>> thumb drives is because he wants to make sure they’re completely destroyed
>> so that no one ever sees them under any circumstances. So why the hell does
>> he keep making new copies of them?)
>>
>> Why are all the county Mounties sheriffs? Why are the county Mountie
>> sheriffs refusing to cooperate with NCIS (wait, I’ve got that one, because
>> everybody that works for the county is worthless). Why does the hot special
>> agent use the speakerphone in front of the county Mountie sheriffs that are
>> refusing to cooperate with her to say that Casey is monitoring all the
>> radio transmissions and they don’t need them anyway?
>>
>> Why isn’t anybody from NCIS New Orleans in this? It’s not like they got new
>> jobs.
>>
>> Why do Sam and special K have to fly back to California to check out a
>> Malibu clue? Did they forget that NCIS LA has about 30 people working in
>> the office?
>>
>> NCIS Hawai’i
>>
>> Why does Tennant assume they aren’t in Los Angeles when Sam Hannah is
>> there?
>>
>> At the 1/3 point I am seriously wondering if this whole thing isn’t some
>> sort of simulation.
>>
>> why is the spooky CIA chick spook wearing sunglasses inside?
> thats a stereotype for CIA

I know, but really…

> And why
>> doesn’t she have that gigantic pre-cancerous mole removed from her cheek?
>> Is she like storing nipples for somebody?
>>
>> The smell of jasmine means they must be in Hawaii because Jasmine doesn’t
>> exist anywhere else in the world! Too bad Jasmine isn’t actually native to
>> Hawaii and is actually considered an invasive pest.
> i had jasmine in my garden in Socal

See?!?

>> After that they mostly run around shooting at each other and it just all
>> becomes too stupid to worry about. Lots of big stupid ensues such as the
>> worlds greatest assassin staying off the radar by running a flower nursery
>> in Hawaii without a Social Security number or complying with anything you
>> need to do to run a business. Or stay off the radar.
>>
>> NCIS – EOHIM (every one here is Muslim)
> its either that or add more trans/bi/cross characters.
>>
>> The Brady Bunch dad and fez and maybe some Hawaii people all fly to Los
>> Angeles where Simon (but not and Simon) has gone missing as the mystery
>> killers try to eradicate everybody everywhere.
>>
>> fez and the NCIS guy I can’t tell from the tard on criminal minds interview
>> a hideous ginger who is either supposed to be Mimi from Drew Carey or the
>> computer girl from the aforementioned criminal minds. She says she has
>> doctor-patient confidentiality so she doesn’t have to answer questions even
>> though she just has some sort of stupid PhD that they don’t even ask her to
>> prove and no one starts hitting her in the face repeatedly.
>>
>> Distorted Voice cameo from Hetty.
>>
>> Kenzie mispronounces Fatima’s name right to her face. OMG.
>>
>> Roundtree breaks under torture.
> he sent them to where is team was, might have been planned
>>
>> Sam Hannah says that NCIS LA‘s headquarters is one of the worlds most
>> deeply held secrets and almost everyone thinks their big Spanish mission is
>> a water station. What the hell?
>>
>> At the boat shed NCIS murders a whole bunch of burly guys in body armor and
>> have to take off their masks to confirm that they’re not actually a cute
>> short girl.
> lol
>>
>> NCIS sends the girls in dune buggies to assault an airplane boneyard and
>> murder anybody they see.
>>
>> Fez gets the crap beat out of him by a guy twice his size (which is to say
>> pretty much normal size) which I enjoyed a lot especially when he had to
>> have the girl from Hawai’i save him. Hey, she’s bigger than him too.
>>
>> The showdown finds the cute short girl using Roundtree as a human shield
>> until somebody from NCIS murders her by shooting her in the back. They
>> don’t tell us who.
>>
>> Turns out to have been General Simon and Simon.
> dont you mean admiral?

Oops, yeah. But then shouldn’t he have been hiding in the water tower?

And when did he dig that foxhole, anyway, since he got there by following
them?

>> Back at the secret headquarters that everybody knows about they say their
>> goodbyes. Gen Simon and Simon wants to trade assignments with the Brady
>> Bunch dad but the Brady Bunch dad says no way in hell. Callen says they
>> should all do this together again sometime and everybody else says no way
>> in hell. Which is pretty much how the audience feels.
>>
>> We get previews for the next episodes of all three shows none of which look
>> interesting in anyway.
>>
>> There were also lots of previews for various FBI shows and for the new TRUE
>> LIES which doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the movie and stars an
>> amazingly old female lead.
>>
>> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
> ok ?

Re: NCIS triathlon

<7dt0shtovnlree27ot28aih4qcib3uar87@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171656&group=rec.arts.tv#171656

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 16:26:11 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 21:26 UTC

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 13:36:33 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>tenworld <ten@world.std.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 12:20:27 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> NCIS triathlon
>>>
>>> Part one, NCIS
>>>
>>> The idiot that wrote this doesn’t know what a computer file suffix is. They
>>> don’t know what a quadrant is. They think that when you copy a file from a
>>> server it disappears from that server and is missing and is gone like they
>>> were hard copies.
>> ya that annoyed me

I didn't worry about that as anyone with any security knowledge would
have used a secure erase program to insure the data was overwritten
many times.

>>> Casey uses “SSD“ wrong
>>>
>>> McProby unlocks his work phone and leaves it on the table in a public
>>> restaurant while he goes to the bathroom
>> a firing offense
>
>And somehow when his phone is unlocked you can just go through it and read
>all his security passwords. Hell, you can’t even do that on my phone!

My assumption was he had the passwords stored in text file on his
phone. Not the smart thing to do but something many people have been
guilty of before. Even those in charge of security.

The alternative was he was using some sort of password keeper and had
the app open in the background.

>>> Why did they assume the sniper at Gibbs deserted cabin is on foot? (They
>>> were wrong)
>>>
>>> Why is one of NCIS‘s most wanted Wonder Man from the MCU?
>>>
>>> Why do the computer experts think the deleted files on a floppy disk can’t
>>> be recovered?

They can't be if properly erased but they ignored the issue
completely. Could have been addressed with a single line about the
files having been securely erased so there's no chance of getting the
data back.

>>> (Sidenote: it turns out the reason the doctor from Star Trek Voyager stole
>>> the files in the first place and transferred them to floppy disks and then
>>> thumb drives is because he wants to make sure they’re completely destroyed
>>> so that no one ever sees them under any circumstances. So why the hell does
>>> he keep making new copies of them?)

I thought he wanted to keep the data safe from the bad guys but not
completely get rid of it. After all, as you say deleting the files and
all copies would have been the way to keep it all safe from discovery.

>>> Why are all the county Mounties sheriffs? Why are the county Mountie
>>> sheriffs refusing to cooperate with NCIS (wait, I’ve got that one, because
>>> everybody that works for the county is worthless). Why does the hot special
>>> agent use the speakerphone in front of the county Mountie sheriffs that are
>>> refusing to cooperate with her to say that Casey is monitoring all the
>>> radio transmissions and they don’t need them anyway?

The idea that the county deputies would completely refuse to help out
NCIS is ridiculous.

>>> Why isn’t anybody from NCIS New Orleans in this? It’s not like they got new
>>> jobs.
>>>
>>> Why do Sam and special K have to fly back to California to check out a
>>> Malibu clue? Did they forget that NCIS LA has about 30 people working in
>>> the office?

It's the way to keep this train moving to a new show, I mean location.

>>> NCIS Hawai’i
>>>
>>> Why does Tennant assume they aren’t in Los Angeles when Sam Hannah is
>>> there?
>>>
>>> At the 1/3 point I am seriously wondering if this whole thing isn’t some
>>> sort of simulation.
>>>
>>> why is the spooky CIA chick spook wearing sunglasses inside?
>> thats a stereotype for CIA
>
>I know, but really…

It did look stupid.

>> And why
>>> doesn’t she have that gigantic pre-cancerous mole removed from her cheek?
>>> Is she like storing nipples for somebody?
>>>
>>> The smell of jasmine means they must be in Hawaii because Jasmine doesn’t
>>> exist anywhere else in the world! Too bad Jasmine isn’t actually native to
>>> Hawaii and is actually considered an invasive pest.
>> i had jasmine in my garden in Socal
>
>See?!?

A smarter way to explain it would be to use the apparent position of
the sun and the current time of day (assuming one of them had on a
watch.) There's going to be a huge difference in the time of day
between Hawaii and any of the locations where you were likely to hear
the call to prayer.

>>> After that they mostly run around shooting at each other and it just all
>>> becomes too stupid to worry about. Lots of big stupid ensues such as the
>>> worlds greatest assassin staying off the radar by running a flower nursery
>>> in Hawaii without a Social Security number or complying with anything you
>>> need to do to run a business. Or stay off the radar.

That didn't make any sense at all given that they also said the guy
had multiple identities that were fully backstopped. Makes me think
they had at least two writers on this episode who didn't bother to
talk to each other. So one has the guy having multiple identities
available to him and another pretends he's the invisible man.
>>> NCIS – EOHIM (every one here is Muslim)
>> its either that or add more trans/bi/cross characters.
>>>
>>> The Brady Bunch dad and fez and maybe some Hawaii people all fly to Los
>>> Angeles where Simon (but not and Simon) has gone missing as the mystery
>>> killers try to eradicate everybody everywhere.

I don't understand what their hope is by killing the old Simons. By
this point everyone at NCIS has to be aware of the story behind the
Simon assassins so killing off the last remaining members of the old
Simon crew is only going to help providence evidence of the new Simon
crew being active. It would be different if they were killing off old
Simons in a way that appeared natural.

>>> fez and the NCIS guy I can’t tell from the tard on criminal minds interview
>>> a hideous ginger who is either supposed to be Mimi from Drew Carey or the
>>> computer girl from the aforementioned criminal minds. She says she has
>>> doctor-patient confidentiality so she doesn’t have to answer questions even
>>> though she just has some sort of stupid PhD that they don’t even ask her to
>>> prove and no one starts hitting her in the face repeatedly.
>>>
>>> Distorted Voice cameo from Hetty.
>>>
>>> Kenzie mispronounces Fatima’s name right to her face. OMG.
>>>
>>> Roundtree breaks under torture.
>> he sent them to where is team was, might have been planned
>>>
>>> Sam Hannah says that NCIS LA‘s headquarters is one of the worlds most
>>> deeply held secrets and almost everyone thinks their big Spanish mission is
>>> a water station. What the hell?

Yeah, it's not like they are official NCIS agents operating under
their own identities from an official location. One where multiple
people from NCIS have been sent over the years. So I could see almost
everyone in the neighborhood thinking the Spanish mission is something
innocuous like a water station but no one in the government should
think that.

>>> At the boat shed NCIS murders a whole bunch of burly guys in body armor and
>>> have to take off their masks to confirm that they’re not actually a cute
>>> short girl.
>> lol
>>>
>>> NCIS sends the girls in dune buggies to assault an airplane boneyard and
>>> murder anybody they see.

No one would ever hear them coming.. if they were deaf.

>>> Fez gets the crap beat out of him by a guy twice his size (which is to say
>>> pretty much normal size) which I enjoyed a lot especially when he had to
>>> have the girl from Hawai’i save him. Hey, she’s bigger than him too.
>>>
>>> The showdown finds the cute short girl using Roundtree as a human shield
>>> until somebody from NCIS murders her by shooting her in the back. They
>>> don’t tell us who.
>>>
>>> Turns out to have been General Simon and Simon.
>> dont you mean admiral?
>
>Oops, yeah. But then shouldn’t he have been hiding in the water tower?
>
>And when did he dig that foxhole, anyway, since he got there by following
>them?

He did an amazing job of preplanning by not only having the sniper
rifle but also the gilly suit so he could sneak up on the guys who
made the mistake of hiding in a location where it was easy for anyone
to sneak up on them.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: NCIS triathlon

<877916681.695281333.069070.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171706&group=rec.arts.tv#171706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 23:43:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 06:43 UTC

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 13:36:33 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> tenworld <ten@world.std.com> wrote:

>>> ya that annoyed me
>
> I didn't worry about that as anyone with any security knowledge would
> have used a secure erase program to insure the data was overwritten
> many times.

>>> a firing offense
>>
>> And somehow when his phone is unlocked you can just go through it and read
>> all his security passwords. Hell, you can’t even do that on my phone!
>
> My assumption was he had the passwords stored in text file on his
> phone. Not the smart thing to do but something many people have been
> guilty of before. Even those in charge of security.
>
> The alternative was he was using some sort of password keeper and had
> the app open in the background.

I don’t think he could do that. Every time I go into my password keeper it
requires facial recognition. Even if it’s just sitting in the background
running.

He could put all his passwords in some sort of text file in a really low
end security program and disable everything so anybody could look at it but
he’d have to work really hard to be that stupid!

> They can't be if properly erased but they ignored the issue
> completely. Could have been addressed with a single line about the
> files having been securely erased so there's no chance of getting the
> data back.

> I thought he wanted to keep the data safe from the bad guys but not
> completely get rid of it. After all, as you say deleting the files and
> all copies would have been the way to keep it all safe from discovery.

I am not going to go back and check across the whole three hours but I am
pretty sure one of the people from Hawaii said some thing about the whole
point was to make sure nobody ever saw any of those files again.

> The idea that the county deputies would completely refuse to help out
> NCIS is ridiculous.

That was an amazing scene. And then when they hear that their
communications are being listened in on, they don’t just pick up their own
microphone and say “hey our communications are being listened in on“

> It's the way to keep this train moving to a new show, I mean location.

>>> thats a stereotype for CIA
>>
>> I know, but really…
>
> It did look stupid.

Maybe if they’d all been wearing sunglasses…

>>> And why

>>> i had jasmine in my garden in Socal
>>
>> See?!?
>
> A smarter way to explain it would be to use the apparent position of
> the sun and the current time of day (assuming one of them had on a
> watch.) There's going to be a huge difference in the time of day
> between Hawaii and any of the locations where you were likely to hear
> the call to prayer.

Well they were taken to an underground facility while blindfolded so
knowing the time of day really wasn’t an option. But if they wanted to fool
them into thinking they were on the other side of the world they should’ve
knocked them out and taken their watches. And if they didn’t want them to
know they were taking them to Hawaii why take them to Hawaii at all?

> That didn't make any sense at all given that they also said the guy
> had multiple identities that were fully backstopped. Makes me think
> they had at least two writers on this episode who didn't bother to
> talk to each other. So one has the guy having multiple identities
> available to him and another pretends he's the invisible man.

IMDb has no actual writers for this episode. They have a bunch of story
editors and a staff writer. The NCIS episode clearly had a writer. The Los
Angeles episode also just had a mess of people none of which seem to be the
main writer. That might explain a lot.

>>> its either that or add more trans/bi/cross characters.

> I don't understand what their hope is by killing the old Simons. By
> this point everyone at NCIS has to be aware of the story behind the
> Simon assassins so killing off the last remaining members of the old
> Simon crew is only going to help providence evidence of the new Simon
> crew being active. It would be different if they were killing off old
> Simons in a way that appeared natural.

Yeah, this entire plan of them having to keep one person alive to testify
just seem sort of stupid. Can’t somebody just take Kilbride‘s deposition
right now?

>>> he sent them to where is team was, might have been planned

> Yeah, it's not like they are official NCIS agents operating under
> their own identities from an official location. One where multiple
> people from NCIS have been sent over the years. So I could see almost
> everyone in the neighborhood thinking the Spanish mission is something
> innocuous like a water station but no one in the government should
> think that.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: NCIS triathlon

<130120230619531445%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171723&group=rec.arts.tv#171723

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 06:19:53 -0500
 by: A Friend - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 11:19 UTC

In article
<877916681.695281333.069070.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> IMDb has no actual writers for this episode. They have a bunch of story
> editors and a staff writer. The NCIS episode clearly had a writer. The Los
> Angeles episode also just had a mess of people none of which seem to be the
> main writer. That might explain a lot.

Staff-written series assign credit with great abandon. WGA only allows
so many writers' credits per installment, so everybody has to do the
phony credit dance. This supposedly makes the writing staff feel lots
and lots better. If that episode wins an Emmy or other award, those
writers get the trophy, even if they had nothing to do with actually
having written it.

I never got screwed out of an Emmy (I didn't work in TV), but I did get
screwed out of a Peabody that way.

Re: NCIS triathlon

<h2k2shd1u9ep5na2mqfmjk3c3taj5bb08m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171746&group=rec.arts.tv#171746

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 07:49:42 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 12:49 UTC

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 23:43:04 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 13:36:33 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> See?!?
>>
>> A smarter way to explain it would be to use the apparent position of
>> the sun and the current time of day (assuming one of them had on a
>> watch.) There's going to be a huge difference in the time of day
>> between Hawaii and any of the locations where you were likely to hear
>> the call to prayer.
>
>Well they were taken to an underground facility while blindfolded so
>knowing the time of day really wasn’t an option. But if they wanted to fool
>them into thinking they were on the other side of the world they should’ve
>knocked them out and taken their watches. And if they didn’t want them to
>know they were taking them to Hawaii why take them to Hawaii at all?

They weren't underground as they had that window that was above head
height. That was where the call to prayer was coming from. Taking them
to Hawaii made no sense at all if they were just planning to torture
them for information. Just get the information and either kill the
agents or leave them behind while they head to Hawaii. As it was they
had to get these two agents on to a plane and off again without anyone
noticing. It's certainly within the realm of possibility but it's a
risk they had no reason for taking. It's not like Los Angeles area
lacks for abandoned warehouses they could have used for their staging.

>> That didn't make any sense at all given that they also said the guy
>> had multiple identities that were fully backstopped. Makes me think
>> they had at least two writers on this episode who didn't bother to
>> talk to each other. So one has the guy having multiple identities
>> available to him and another pretends he's the invisible man.
>>

>IMDb has no actual writers for this episode. They have a bunch of story
>editors and a staff writer. The NCIS episode clearly had a writer. The Los
>Angeles episode also just had a mess of people none of which seem to be the
>main writer. That might explain a lot.

Damn, you would think they would always have one person assigned to be
in charge. At least to make sure the story is internally consistent
from start to finish.

>> I don't understand what their hope is by killing the old Simons. By
>> this point everyone at NCIS has to be aware of the story behind the
>> Simon assassins so killing off the last remaining members of the old
>> Simon crew is only going to help providence evidence of the new Simon
>> crew being active. It would be different if they were killing off old
>> Simons in a way that appeared natural.
>
>Yeah, this entire plan of them having to keep one person alive to testify
>just seem sort of stupid. Can’t somebody just take Kilbride‘s deposition
>right now?

It's not like a court of law so he could give his testimony in writing
or record it at any time. Also with how well they were infiltrated
into the various agencies why couldn't these new Simons figure out
that Kilbride was the one planning to give testimony and just kill him
without bothering with the other Simons? Of course if they did that no
one would have known about the Simons (old and new) and there wouldn't
have been a story to tell over three shows.

>> Yeah, it's not like they are official NCIS agents operating under
>> their own identities from an official location. One where multiple
>> people from NCIS have been sent over the years. So I could see almost
>> everyone in the neighborhood thinking the Spanish mission is something
>> innocuous like a water station but no one in the government should
>> think that.
>
>Of course if they’ve managed to keep that place secret then why did they
>need the boat shed, especially given that the Spanish mission has some sort
>of secret entrance we’ve never seen for the parking garage.

Why is it that the few times we've seen them park at the mission it
was always in a courtyard? Though I understand the boat shed was their
place for interrogations with bad guys so having that around makes
sense. No need to take the bad guys to your secret headquarters, but
then no need to pretend the boat shed is going to be some super secret
that other agencies or bad guys that have infiltrated the agencies
aren't going to know about.

>> No one would ever hear them coming.. if they were deaf.
>
>Does anybody make an electric dune buggy?
>
>Google, google
>
>Yes, they do. Of course the handy nearby Air Force Base might not have had
>any.

They make electric everything now. I saw an electric truck in a video
yesterday that was from China. It only costs about $2000 but the
engine is weak enough that I wouldn't be surprised if a strong guy
could hold it back. That said it is silent when moving so there's
that.

>>> Oops, yeah. But then shouldn’t he have been hiding in the water tower?
>>>
>>> And when did he dig that foxhole, anyway, since he got there by following
>>> them?
>>
>> He did an amazing job of preplanning by not only having the sniper
>> rifle but also the gilly suit so he could sneak up on the guys who
>> made the mistake of hiding in a location where it was easy for anyone
>> to sneak up on them.
>
>Plus how did he locate the plane they were hiding in except by waiting for
>everybody to start shooting each other, and then dig the foxhole?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: NCIS triathlon

<29b9cb72-e7b8-4503-b47c-92b29e90c6d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171771&group=rec.arts.tv#171771

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 11:18:58 -0800 (PST)
From: ten...@world.std.com (tenworld)
 by: tenworld - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:18 UTC

On Friday, January 13, 2023 at 1:43:09 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 13:36:33 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> > wrote:

> > I didn't worry about that as anyone with any security knowledge would
> > have used a secure erase program to insure the data was overwritten
> > many times.

> >> And somehow when his phone is unlocked you can just go through it and read
> >> all his security passwords. Hell, you can’t even do that on my phone!
> >
> > My assumption was he had the passwords stored in text file on his
> > phone. Not the smart thing to do but something many people have been
> > guilty of before. Even those in charge of security.
> >
> > The alternative was he was using some sort of password keeper and had
> > the app open in the background.
> I don’t think he could do that. Every time I go into my password keeper it
> requires facial recognition. Even if it’s just sitting in the background
> running.
>
> He could put all his passwords in some sort of text file in a really low
> end security program and disable everything so anybody could look at it but
> he’d have to work really hard to be that stupid!

> > They can't be if properly erased but they ignored the issue
> > completely. Could have been addressed with a single line about the
> > files having been securely erased so there's no chance of getting the
> > data back.

> > I thought he wanted to keep the data safe from the bad guys but not
> > completely get rid of it. After all, as you say deleting the files and
> > all copies would have been the way to keep it all safe from discovery.
> >
> I am not going to go back and check across the whole three hours but I am
> pretty sure one of the people from Hawaii said some thing about the whole
> point was to make sure nobody ever saw any of those files again.

> > The idea that the county deputies would completely refuse to help out
> > NCIS is ridiculous.
> That was an amazing scene. And then when they hear that their
> communications are being listened in on, they don’t just pick up their own
> microphone and say “hey our communications are being listened in on“

I think this was an inside joke because NCIS gets a lot of help and support from local
LEOs, and the deputies probably do sit around goggling the actors and not saying much

> > Yeah, it's not like they are official NCIS agents operating under
> > their own identities from an official location. One where multiple
> > people from NCIS have been sent over the years. So I could see almost
> > everyone in the neighborhood thinking the Spanish mission is something
> > innocuous like a water station but no one in the government should
> > think that.
> Of course if they’ve managed to keep that place secret then why did they
> need the boat shed, especially given that the Spanish mission has some sort
> of secret entrance we’ve never seen for the parking garage.

have we ever seen how the boat shed and mission house are connected? I know in
reality the boatshed is out on a pier and the mission house is probably a set in the valley
but they seem to go back and forth quickly (and without being noticed)

Re: NCIS triathlon

<58642601.695331454.901609.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171778&group=rec.arts.tv#171778

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 13:07:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 20:07 UTC

> [...]
>>>
>>> Yeah, it's not like they are official NCIS agents operating under
>>> their own identities from an official location. One where multiple
>>> people from NCIS have been sent over the years. So I could see almost
>>> everyone in the neighborhood thinking the Spanish mission is something
>>> innocuous like a water station but no one in the government should
>>> think that.
>> Of course if they’ve managed to keep that place secret then why did they
>> need the boat shed, especially given that the Spanish mission has some sort
>> of secret entrance we’ve never seen for the parking garage.
>
> have we ever seen how the boat shed and mission house are connected? I know in
> reality the boatshed is out on a pier and the mission house is probably a set in the valley
> but they seem to go back and forth quickly (and without being noticed)

They aren’t connected. When they do the flying maps we’ve seen them go from
one to the other and back again. They just drive to the top-secret ultra
secure boat shed and park out in the open parking lot if there are spaces
available and either walk in the front door or put on diving gear and jump
off the pier which you would think would be awfully suspicious.