Most people can do without the essentials, but not without the luxuries.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|+- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programminDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
| `- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmingEd Stasiak
+* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|`* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
| `- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmintrotsky
+- Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedPete
`* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
 `* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
  `* Re: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
   `* Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
    `- Re: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend

1
Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171815&group=rec.arts.tv#171815

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 21:33:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 04:33 UTC

Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

Note that the NFL playoffs begin on Saturday and may preempt weekend
programming (and Monday this week) for a number of weeks, through the Super
Bowl on Feb. 12.

Saturday, Jan. 14

Crash Course in Romance [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

A mother with a heart of gold navigates the cutthroat world of private
education when her daughter tries to join a celebrity math instructor’s
class. Korean series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0roNIisQ5w

https://www.netflix.com/title/81649877

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24578016/

71st Miss Universe Competition (live event) (7-10 pm, The
Roku Channel)

Harry: The Interview (special) (8-9 pm, CBS)

How to Murder Your Husband: The Nancy Brophy Story (movie) (8
pm, Lifetime Channel)

Based on a true story: Nancy Crampton-Brophy (Cybill Shepherd) seemed to
have a knack for writing about murder. The Portland-based romance-thriller
novelist authored books about relationships that were tumultuous, while
using seductive men on the covers to lure in her readers. Often, her books
featured women protagonists who fantasized about killing their own husbands
or fleeing their husbands and faking their own deaths. And then, in 2022 in
a shocking turn of events, Brophy was convicted of killing her own husband.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/how-to-murder-your-husband-the-nancy-brophy-story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23668756/

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/nancy-brophy

The Wedding Veil Inspiration (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Emma's life plan is thrown off course when Paolo must return to Italy to
take care of his father and she discovers a new passion for making art
accessible to all. Stars Autumn Reeser, Paolo Bernardini, Lacey Chabert and
Alison Sweeney.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-wedding-veil-inspiration

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt25134264/

World's Funniest Animals (winter premiere) (9 pm, CW)

Sunday, Jan. 15

Mayor of Kingstown (season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

The McLusky family are power brokers tackling themes of systemic racism,
corruption and inequality in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of
incarceration is the only thriving industry. Eight episodes released
weekly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXuXwyTZ4Ts

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/mayor-of-kingstown/season-2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/

The Princess and the Bodyguard (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Lexi is devastated when asked to give up her life in New York to resume her
secret identity of Royal Princess. Under the watchful eye of a handsome but
infuriating bodyguard, will she fulfill her destiny and find love at the
same time. Stars Emily Alatalo and Ryan Bruce.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19226340/

https://uptv.com/movies/the-princess-and-the-bodyguard/

28th Critics Choice Awards (live event) (7-10 pm, CW)

The 28th Critics' Choice Awards will be presented on January 15 at the
Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, honoring the finest
achievements of filmmaking and television programming in 2022. The ceremony
will be hosted by Chelsea Handler, taking over the reins from Taye Diggs
who has hosted the show consecutively for the past four years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28th_Critics%27_Choice_Awards

Burned by Love (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

A divorcee meets her perfect match on an online dating site, only to
discover he’s a scammer looking to destroy her life, escalating into a
violent stalker when she attempts to bring him to justice. Stars Shiva
Negar, Dillon Casey, and Drew Nelson. Not on IMDb.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/burned-by-love

Godfather of Harlem (season 3 premier) (9 pm, MGM+)

Godfather of Harlem explores the collision of the criminal underworld and
civil rights in the colorful, tumultuous year of 1964; 10 episodes. The
Forest Whitaker-led drama's third season debuts tonight in conjunction with
the renaming of cable channel Epix to MGM+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJEyh1kX8c

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8080122/

The Last of Us [new] (9 pm, HBO)

Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal) and
Ellie, the orphaned teen girl in his care (Bella Ramsey, Game of Thrones)
as they attempt to escape from a quarantine zone and travel across the
remains of the United States two decades after human civilization has been
mostly wiped out by a fungal pandemic. Gabriel Luna, Anna Torv, Nick
Offerman, Nico Parker, Murray Bartlett, and Melanie Lynskey also star, and
some of them will be portraying new characters who were not in the games.
(And a few voice actors from the game series, most notably Merle Dandrige,
who plays Marlene, will also make the jump to the TV show.) HBO reportedly
spent well over $100 million on the Canadian-filmed series. 9 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtkt8BonwM

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-last-of-us/season-1 [score 83]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3581920/

https://www.hbo.com/the-last-of-us

The Way Home [new] (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)

The Way Home is a family drama following the lives of three generations of
women--Kat Landry (Chyler Leigh), her 15-year-old daughter Alice (Sadie
Laflamme-Snow) and Kat’s mother Del (Andie MacDowell), who are all strong,
willful and independent. More than 20 years earlier, life-changing events
prompted Kat to move away from her small, Canadian farm town of Port Haven
and she remains estranged from Del to this day. Alice has never met her
grandmother and is unaware of the reasons for their fractured family. With
Kat’s marriage coming to an end and having just been laid off from her job,
she decides to return home after receiving an unexpected letter from Del
urging her to come back. Although Alice is none too thrilled, Kat and her
daughter arrive at her family’s farm, where the reunion isn’t what Kat had
envisioned. As the three generations of women slowly work on finding their
footing as a family, they embark on an enlightening--and
surprising--journey none of them could have imagined as they learn how to
find their way back to each other. Evan Williams also stars as Elliot
Augustine, Kat Landry’s good friend from high school who now teaches
science at their alma mater. 10 episodes?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20221678/

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-way-home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPNHt-ish8

Your Honor (final season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)

A judge confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit-and-run
that embroils an organized-crime family. Facing impossible choices, he
discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life. Rescheduled from
December, the second and final season of the Bryan Cranston-led series
features Rosie Perez, Margo Martindale, and Amy Landecker in guest roles.
10 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7440726/

https://www.sho.com/your-honor

The Graham Norton Show (new night) (11 pm, BBC America)

Moves from Friday at 11 pm.

Monday, Jan. 16

Urban One Honors: Icons of the Culture (special) (7-9 pm,
TV One)

https://tvone.tv/show/urban-one-honors-celebrating-icons-of-the-culture/

CBS has its regular lineup tonight after showing the three-series NCIS
cross-over last Monday night: The Neighborhood (8 pm), Bob Hearts Abishola
(8:30 pm), NCIS (9 pm), NCIS: Hawai'i (10 pm).

The fourth season of TBS's sole remaining scripted series, "Miracle
Workers," subtitled this season "End Times," was scheduled to premiere
today. It has been postponed and there is no rescheduled date as yet.

Tuesday, Jan. 17

The Resident (season 6 finale) (8 pm, Fox)

Season 6 had only a 13-episode order.

Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
NBC)

A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) also stars as judge Abby Stone, a new
character who is the daughter of the original show's judge (played then by
the late Harry Anderson). Regular time is 8 pm only.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13798316/

Original series: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086770/

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/night-court-2023/season-1

https://www.nbc.com/night-court

Where is the original Night Court cast now?:

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<508726749.695368416.792489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171823&group=rec.arts.tv#171823

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 23:41:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 06:41 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Note that the NFL playoffs begin on Saturday and may preempt weekend
> programming (and Monday this week) for a number of weeks, through the Super
> Bowl on Feb. 12.

STUPID SPORTS BALL!

> Saturday, Jan. 14
>

> 71st Miss Universe Competition (live event) (7-10 pm, The
> Roku Channel)

There’s a Roku channel?

> How to Murder Your Husband: The Nancy Brophy Story (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)

Notice lifetime never asks if you should, that’s just a given.

> The Wedding Veil Inspiration (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Emma's life plan is thrown off course when Paolo must return to Italy to
> take care of his father and she discovers a new passion for making art
> accessible to all. Stars Autumn Reeser, Paolo Bernardini, Lacey Chabert and
> Alison Sweeney.

Didn’t we already hear about this?

> World's Funniest Animals (winter premiere) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die!

> Sunday, Jan. 15
>

> The Princess and the Bodyguard (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

NOBODY GETS UP!

> 28th Critics Choice Awards (live event) (7-10 pm, CW)

The fish must die!

> Godfather of Harlem (season 3 premier) (9 pm, MGM+)
>
> Godfather of Harlem explores the collision of the criminal underworld and
> civil rights in the colorful, tumultuous year of 1964; 10 episodes. The
> Forest Whitaker-led drama's third season debuts tonight in conjunction with
> the renaming of cable channel Epix to MGM+.

I already didn’t get Epix so I am pretty much going to assume I now don’t
get MGM plus

> The Last of Us [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
> creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
> studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
> franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
> of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
> follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal)

Eat shit and die you sick demented fat fuck.

> Monday, Jan. 16
>

> CBS has its regular lineup tonight after showing the three-series NCIS
> cross-over last Monday night: The Neighborhood (8 pm), Bob Hearts Abishola
> (8:30 pm), NCIS (9 pm), NCIS: Hawai'i (10 pm).

Bad as all NCIS all night was this isn’t an improvement.

> The fourth season of TBS's sole remaining scripted series, "Miracle
> Workers," subtitled this season "End Times," was scheduled to premiere
> today. It has been postponed and there is no rescheduled date as yet.

I didn’t know TBS even still existed much less had scripted programming.

> Tuesday, Jan. 17
>

> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
> NBC)

OK, I’m going to give this a try.

> A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
> John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
> Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory)

I hope that wasn’t her real voice on TBBT because that’ll get old real
fast.

> Wednesday, Jan. 18
>

> The Ark: Interplanetary Preview (preview) (11 pm, Syfy)
>
> "The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization
> missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human
> race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One
> encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of
> life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet,
> a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining
> crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and
> survive. Stars Christie Burke, Reece Ritchie, Richard Fleeshman, Ryan Adams
> and Stacey Read. Premieres on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 10 pm.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17371078/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EiLKkar2k

OK I’m gonna try this. I am pretty sure I’m going to regret it, but I’m
gonna try it.

> Thursday, Jan. 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre [new; complete
> season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

I’ll tell the peach about that one

> Anime anthology.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6dZKab7mRU
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81295011
>

> That '90s Show [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Set in 1995, Red (Kurtwood Smith) and Kitty Forman (Debra Jo Rupp) invite
> their granddaughter Leia (Callie Haverda) to stay for the summer in this
> sequel to That '70s Show. Leia and her friends will be at the center of the
> story, but many other members of the original cast—including Ashton
> Kutcher, Topher Grace, Laura Prepon, Mila Kunis, and Wilmer Valderrama—will
> make guest appearances. 10 episodes.

I’ll take a look.

> Women at War (Les combattantes) [new; complete limited series]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

Somewhere Claude reamer is screaming about how this doesn’t happen.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Mystic (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets up

> Friday, Jan. 20
>

> Streaming:
>

> Truth Be Told (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Knowing who to trust is only half the battle in the fight for justice.
> Gabrielle Union joins Octavia Spencer for a new season of Truth Be Told, in
> which Spencer plays a true-crime podcaster who risks everything--including
> her life--to pursue truth and justice. 10 episodes released weekly.

I actually get a severely crippled version of Apple TV+ and there’s still
nothing on

> JUNG_E (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> On an uninhabitable 22nd-century Earth, the outcome of a civil war hinges
> on cloning the brain of an elite soldier to create a robot mercenary.
> Korean film; 1h 38m.

Why are they bothering if if that was is uninhabitable?

Reminders set. The trailer makes it clear that whoever wrote the blurb is a
total moron.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Penn & Teller: Fool Us (winter premiere) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> Criss Angel's Magic With the Stars (winter premiere) (9
> pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> (end)

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<3e4d7e68-853a-48e0-ab71-91ef7039d36bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171826&group=rec.arts.tv#171826

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 23:25:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Jan._14-20:_Robin’s_selected_programming
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:25 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> A mother with a heart of gold navigates the cutthroat world of private
> education when her daughter tries to join a celebrity math instructor’s
> class. Korean series.
>
> a celebrity math instructor

This is why America is failing.

https://i.postimg.cc/63DZ43Rp/64546531.jpg

> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes, NBC)
>
> stars as judge Abby Stone, a new character who is the daughter
> of the original show's judge

Wow! How brave and bold of NBC to cast a woman in the role...

> "The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization
> missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human
> race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One
> encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of
> life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet,
> a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining
> crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and
> survive.

*meh* This has been done a bunch of times already.

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<tpulgp$21df9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171840&group=rec.arts.tv#171840

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 08:33:29 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 16:33 UTC

On 2023-01-14 06:41:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Monday, Jan. 16
>>

>> The fourth season of TBS's sole remaining scripted series, "Miracle
>> Workers," subtitled this season "End Times," was scheduled to premiere
>> today. It has been postponed and there is no rescheduled date as yet.
>
> I didn’t know TBS even still existed much less had scripted programming.

It won't for much longer. In fact, the above development pretty much
guarantees that season #4 of MW won't air on TBS, and is unlikely to be
on HBO Max either - like "Snowpiercer", Warner Discovery is likely
trying to sell this show to someone else...

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<tpum7g$21ght$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171842&group=rec.arts.tv#171842

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 08:45:36 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 16:45 UTC

On 2023-01-14 04:33:15 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Note that the NFL playoffs begin on Saturday and may preempt weekend
> programming (and Monday this week) for a number of weeks, through the Super
> Bowl on Feb. 12.

Go Niners and Chargers!!

> Saturday, Jan. 14
>

> How to Murder Your Husband: The Nancy Brophy Story (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Based on a true story: Nancy Crampton-Brophy (Cybill Shepherd) seemed to
> have a knack for writing about murder. The Portland-based romance-thriller
> novelist authored books about relationships that were tumultuous, while
> using seductive men on the covers to lure in her readers. Often, her books
> featured women protagonists who fantasized about killing their own husbands
> or fleeing their husbands and faking their own deaths. And then, in 2022 in
> a shocking turn of events, Brophy was convicted of killing her own husband.

Will watch this. Hopefully it turns out better than I'm expecting...

> The Wedding Veil Inspiration (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Emma's life plan is thrown off course when Paolo must return to Italy to
> take care of his father and she discovers a new passion for making art
> accessible to all. Stars Autumn Reeser, Paolo Bernardini, Lacey Chabert and
> Alison Sweeney.

Hard pass.

> Sunday, Jan. 15
>

> Mayor of Kingstown (season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The McLusky family are power brokers tackling themes of systemic racism,
> corruption and inequality in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of
> incarceration is the only thriving industry. Eight episodes released
> weekly.

I wonder how Jeremy Renner's condition affects this show's prospects...

> The Princess and the Bodyguard (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Lexi is devastated when asked to give up her life in New York to resume her
> secret identity of Royal Princess. Under the watchful eye of a handsome but
> infuriating bodyguard, will she fulfill her destiny and find love at the
> same time. Stars Emily Alatalo and Ryan Bruce.

OK, I like Alatalo - will try to give this one a look.

> Burned by Love (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> A divorcee meets her perfect match on an online dating site, only to
> discover he’s a scammer looking to destroy her life, escalating into a
> violent stalker when she attempts to bring him to justice. Stars Shiva
> Negar, Dillon Casey, and Drew Nelson. Not on IMDb.

Meh...

> The Last of Us [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
> creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
> studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
> franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
> of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
> follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal) and
> Ellie, the orphaned teen girl in his care (Bella Ramsey, Game of Thrones)
> as they attempt to escape from a quarantine zone and travel across the
> remains of the United States two decades after human civilization has been
> mostly wiped out by a fungal pandemic. Gabriel Luna, Anna Torv, Nick
> Offerman, Nico Parker, Murray Bartlett, and Melanie Lynskey also star, and
> some of them will be portraying new characters who were not in the games.
> (And a few voice actors from the game series, most notably Merle Dandrige,
> who plays Marlene, will also make the jump to the TV show.) HBO reportedly
> spent well over $100 million on the Canadian-filmed series. 9 episodes.

Will definitely watch this. And I guess I'll watch it weekly...

> The Way Home [new] (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> The Way Home is a family drama following the lives of three generations of
> women--Kat Landry (Chyler Leigh), her 15-year-old daughter Alice (Sadie
> Laflamme-Snow) and Kat’s mother Del (Andie MacDowell), who are all strong,
> willful and independent. More than 20 years earlier, life-changing events
> prompted Kat to move away from her small, Canadian farm town of Port Haven
> and she remains estranged from Del to this day. Alice has never met her
> grandmother and is unaware of the reasons for their fractured family. With
> Kat’s marriage coming to an end and having just been laid off from her job,
> she decides to return home after receiving an unexpected letter from Del
> urging her to come back. Although Alice is none too thrilled, Kat and her
> daughter arrive at her family’s farm, where the reunion isn’t what Kat had
> envisioned. As the three generations of women slowly work on finding their
> footing as a family, they embark on an enlightening--and
> surprising--journey none of them could have imagined as they learn how to
> find their way back to each other. Evan Williams also stars as Elliot
> Augustine, Kat Landry’s good friend from high school who now teaches
> science at their alma mater. 10 episodes?

I'll probably try to sample this.

> Your Honor (final season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)
>
> A judge confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit-and-run
> that embroils an organized-crime family. Facing impossible choices, he
> discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life. Rescheduled from
> December, the second and final season of the Bryan Cranston-led series
> features Rosie Perez, Margo Martindale, and Amy Landecker in guest roles.
> 10 episodes.

I'm really shocked to find out that Sofia Black-D'Elia is apparently
back for season #2 of this show...

> Monday, Jan. 16
>

> The fourth season of TBS's sole remaining scripted series, "Miracle
> Workers," subtitled this season "End Times," was scheduled to premiere
> today. It has been postponed and there is no rescheduled date as yet.

See my reply to Anim about this...

> Tuesday, Jan. 17
>

> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
> NBC)
>
> A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
> John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
> Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) also stars as judge Abby Stone, a new
> character who is the daughter of the original show's judge (played then by
> the late Harry Anderson). Regular time is 8 pm only.

Again, will try to sample this. (Maybe off Peacock?...)

> Wednesday, Jan. 18
>

> Big Sky (season 3 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

So, is anyone on RAT still watching this?!...

> The Ark: Interplanetary Preview (preview) (11 pm, Syfy)
>
> "The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization
> missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human
> race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One
> encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of
> life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet,
> a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining
> crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and
> survive. Stars Christie Burke, Reece Ritchie, Richard Fleeshman, Ryan Adams
> and Stacey Read. Premieres on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 10 pm.

I'll wait until the Feb. 1 premiere.

> Thursday, Jan. 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> That '90s Show [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Set in 1995, Red (Kurtwood Smith) and Kitty Forman (Debra Jo Rupp) invite
> their granddaughter Leia (Callie Haverda) to stay for the summer in this
> sequel to That '70s Show. Leia and her friends will be at the center of the
> story, but many other members of the original cast—including Ashton
> Kutcher, Topher Grace, Laura Prepon, Mila Kunis, and Wilmer Valderrama—will
> make guest appearances. 10 episodes.

Pass.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Mystic (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, UPtv)
>
> Having just moved from London to Kauri Point, Issie struggles to make
> friends and misses her old home until a chance encounter with wild ponies
> Blaze and Mystic, and a group of horse-mad teenagers, convinces her to
> stay. New Zealand teen show; season 2 was released there in Nov. 2021 and
> season 3 (apparently the last) in July 2022.

I had no idea...

> Friday, Jan. 20
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> [snip]

It really worries me that there have been no original films on LMN so
far in 2023. If we're down to just Lifetime channel itself doing
original movies, there's going to be a lot less product from here going
forward... >:|

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<tpur0o$220no$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171854&group=rec.arts.tv#171854

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Jan._14-20:_Robin’s_selected_programmin
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 10:07:21 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:07 UTC

On 1/13/2023 10:41 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>> Sunday, Jan. 15
>>

>> The Princess and the Bodyguard (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>

> NOBODY GETS UP!

Well, I have to to get to the bathroom and once every couple of weeks
show up at work.

dirty old man.

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<tpvf74$783$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171876&group=rec.arts.tv#171876

From: neverl...@GoodeveCa.net (Pete)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:52:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Pete - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:52 UTC

In article <1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

Is something weird with aioe? I've been hitting strangeness recently.
When I read anim's reposting of Robin a few minutes ago, it only
went as far as Tuesday, and I posted a complaining article (I thought...).
However, I don't see that article!

I just went to repost it, but suddenly found I was getting the *whole*
original! (It definitely was truncated originally -- I reloaded
several times.) Anyone know what might be happening? (Truncation has
happened before.)

-- Pete --

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-B5C8FE.23450314012023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171890&group=rec.arts.tv#171890

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:45:03 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 07:45 UTC

In article
<1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>
> THE LAST OF US [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
> creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
> studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
> franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
> of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
> follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal) and
> Ellie, the orphaned teen girl in his care (Bella Ramsey, Game of Thrones)
> as they attempt to escape from a quarantine zone and travel across the
> remains of the United States two decades after human civilization has been
> mostly wiped out by a fungal pandemic. Gabriel Luna, Anna Torv, Nick
> Offerman, Nico Parker, Murray Bartlett, and Melanie Lynskey also star, and
> some of them will be portraying new characters who were not in the games.
> (And a few voice actors from the game series, most notably Merle Dandrige,
> who plays Marlene, will also make the jump to the TV show.) HBO reportedly
> spent well over $100 million on the Canadian-filmed series. 9 episodes.

Looking forward to this. I've had a crush on Torv since FRINGE.

> YOUR HONOR (final season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)
>
> A judge confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit-and-run
> that embroils an organized-crime family. Facing impossible choices, he
> discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life. Rescheduled from
> December, the second and final season of the Bryan Cranston-led series
> features Rosie Perez, Margo Martindale, and Amy Landecker in guest roles.
> 10 episodes.

Didn't the story wrap up at the end of the first season? What else is
there to tell?

> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
> NBC)
>
> A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
> John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
> Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) also stars as judge Abby Stone, a new
> character who is the daughter of the original show's judge (played then by
> the late Harry Anderson). Regular time is 8 pm only.

The ads for this look absolutely awful.

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-A449A9.23464314012023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171891&group=rec.arts.tv#171891

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:46:43 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 07:46 UTC

In article <tpum7g$21ght$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-01-14 04:33:15 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Jan. 14-20: Robin's selected programming
> >

> > Note that the NFL playoffs begin on Saturday and may preempt weekend
> > programming (and Monday this week) for a number of weeks, through the Super
> > Bowl on Feb. 12.
>
> Go Niners and Chargers!!

Well, the Chargers laid a giant turd, didn't they?

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-8D6A45.23483914012023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171892&group=rec.arts.tv#171892

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:48:39 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 07:48 UTC

In article
<508726749.695368416.792489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > The Ark: Interplanetary Preview (preview) (11 pm, Syfy)
> >
> > "The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization
> > missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human
> > race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One
> > encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of
> > life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet,
> > a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining
> > crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and
> > survive. Stars Christie Burke, Reece Ritchie, Richard Fleeshman, Ryan Adams
> > and Stacey Read. Premieres on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 10 pm.
> >
> > https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17371078/
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EiLKkar2k
> >

> OK I'm gonna try this. I am pretty sure I'm going to regret it, but I'm
> gonna try it.

I have a feeling your gravity will be defiled.

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<tq0jqu$mc8$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171905&group=rec.arts.tv#171905

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 04:17:02 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 10:17 UTC

On 1/15/23 1:46 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tpum7g$21ght$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-01-14 04:33:15 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> Jan. 14-20: Robin's selected programming
>>>

>>> Note that the NFL playoffs begin on Saturday and may preempt weekend
>>> programming (and Monday this week) for a number of weeks, through the Super
>>> Bowl on Feb. 12.
>>
>> Go Niners and Chargers!!
>
> Well, the Chargers laid a giant turd, didn't they?

You had sex with the whole team? That's quite an accomplshment!

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<1427535918.695476958.162261.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171907&group=rec.arts.tv#171907

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 07:33:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 14:33 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <508726749.695368416.792489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> The Ark: Interplanetary Preview (preview) (11 pm, Syfy)
>>>
>>> "The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization
>>> missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human
>>> race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One
>>> encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of
>>> life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet,
>>> a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining
>>> crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and
>>> survive. Stars Christie Burke, Reece Ritchie, Richard Fleeshman, Ryan Adams
>>> and Stacey Read. Premieres on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 10 pm.
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17371078/
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EiLKkar2k
>>>

>> OK I'm gonna try this. I am pretty sure I'm going to regret it, but I'm
>> gonna try it.
>
> I have a feeling your gravity will be defiled.

“Too Science Fictiony“ – Bonnie Hammer

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<908869542.695477014.262387.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171908&group=rec.arts.tv#171908

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 07:33:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 14:33 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>> THE LAST OF US [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>>
>> Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
>> creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
>> studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
>> franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
>> of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
>> follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal) and
>> Ellie, the orphaned teen girl in his care (Bella Ramsey, Game of Thrones)
>> as they attempt to escape from a quarantine zone and travel across the
>> remains of the United States two decades after human civilization has been
>> mostly wiped out by a fungal pandemic. Gabriel Luna, Anna Torv, Nick
>> Offerman, Nico Parker, Murray Bartlett, and Melanie Lynskey also star, and
>> some of them will be portraying new characters who were not in the games.
>> (And a few voice actors from the game series, most notably Merle Dandrige,
>> who plays Marlene, will also make the jump to the TV show.) HBO reportedly
>> spent well over $100 million on the Canadian-filmed series. 9 episodes.
>
> Looking forward to this. I've had a crush on Torv since FRINGE.
>
>> YOUR HONOR (final season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)
>>
>> A judge confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit-and-run
>> that embroils an organized-crime family. Facing impossible choices, he
>> discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life. Rescheduled from
>> December, the second and final season of the Bryan Cranston-led series
>> features Rosie Perez, Margo Martindale, and Amy Landecker in guest roles.
>> 10 episodes.
>
> Didn't the story wrap up at the end of the first season? What else is
> there to tell?
>
>> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
>> NBC)
>>
>> A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
>> John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
>> Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) also stars as judge Abby Stone, a new
>> character who is the daughter of the original show's judge (played then by
>> the late Harry Anderson). Regular time is 8 pm only.
>
> The ads for this look absolutely awful.

Ads, Hell. The cast stills for it look absolutely awful.

Re: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<150120231054498922%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171918&group=rec.arts.tv#171918

Subject: Re: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 10:54:49 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 15:54 UTC

In article
<908869542.695477014.262387.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming
> >>
> >> THE LAST OF US [new] (9 pm, HBO)
> >>
> >> Early reviews are terrific for The Last of Us, which comes from Chernobyl
> >> creator Craig Mazin along with Neil Druckmann, the co-president of the game
> >> studio (Naughty Dog) that created the critically acclaimed PlayStation game
> >> franchise of the same name. Retaining the post-apocalyptic setting and many
> >> of the characters from those games but expanding the story, the series
> >> follows the smuggler Joel (played by The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal) and
> >> Ellie, the orphaned teen girl in his care (Bella Ramsey, Game of Thrones)
> >> as they attempt to escape from a quarantine zone and travel across the
> >> remains of the United States two decades after human civilization has been
> >> mostly wiped out by a fungal pandemic. Gabriel Luna, Anna Torv, Nick
> >> Offerman, Nico Parker, Murray Bartlett, and Melanie Lynskey also star, and
> >> some of them will be portraying new characters who were not in the games.
> >> (And a few voice actors from the game series, most notably Merle Dandrige,
> >> who plays Marlene, will also make the jump to the TV show.) HBO reportedly
> >> spent well over $100 million on the Canadian-filmed series. 9 episodes.
> >
> > Looking forward to this. I've had a crush on Torv since FRINGE.
> >
> >> YOUR HONOR (final season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)
> >>
> >> A judge confronts his convictions when his son is involved in a hit-and-run
> >> that embroils an organized-crime family. Facing impossible choices, he
> >> discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life. Rescheduled from
> >> December, the second and final season of the Bryan Cranston-led series
> >> features Rosie Perez, Margo Martindale, and Amy Landecker in guest roles.
> >> 10 episodes.
> >
> > Didn't the story wrap up at the end of the first season? What else is
> > there to tell?
> >
> >> Night Court [new; revival] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
> >> NBC)
> >>
> >> A revival of NBC's hit 1984-1992 sitcom returns one of that show's stars,
> >> John Larroquette, who reprises his role of proscecutor Dan Fielding.
> >> Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) also stars as judge Abby Stone, a new
> >> character who is the daughter of the original show's judge (played then by
> >> the late Harry Anderson). Regular time is 8 pm only.
> >
> > The ads for this look absolutely awful.
> >

> Ads, Hell. The cast stills for it look absolutely awful.

I'm not bothering to sample it.

Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<319211283.695491304.859476.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171921&group=rec.arts.tv#171921

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 09:02:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 16:02 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <908869542.695477014.262387.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <1412752698.695363227.213166.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Looking forward to this. I've had a crush on Torv since FRINGE.

>>> Didn't the story wrap up at the end of the first season? What else is
>>> there to tell?

>>> The ads for this look absolutely awful.
>>>

>> Ads, Hell. The cast stills for it look absolutely awful.
>

> I'm not bothering to sample it.

We’ll watch it so you don’t have to!

Re: Re: Jan. 14-20: Robin’s selected programming

<150120231124216390%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171925&group=rec.arts.tv#171925

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 11:24:21 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 16:24 UTC

In article

Thanks!