"A car is just a big purse on wheels." -- Johanna Reynolds

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)anim8rfsk
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)anim8rfsk
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)Dimensional Traveler
    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<tpumtq$21j3n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171844&group=rec.arts.tv#171844

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 08:57:30 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 16:57 UTC

This will be brief. I watched just:

soaps: DOOL - It looks like Leo Stark is going to go behind Gwen's
back, and flip on Xander to keep himself out of jail. Predicably,
Stephanie acts like a bitch and *hard* dumps Alex (we all know she
wants Chad anyways...).
GH - Carly finally tells Nina that Willow is Nina's daughter, and
that Carly has known for months - Nina's reaction is predictable (and
justified). Drew also tells Michael the same. Joss calls in lawyer
Diane Miller before making her statement to the cops about the "Hook"
attack - she leaves Dex out of it. Portia is concerned about NuTrina's
continued connection to Spencer. Spencer discusses Esme's past with
Alexis.

In Love With My Parner's Wife (LMN) - Didn't see this when it
originally aired (on Lifetime, I guess). This was less interesting than
its title - recent Lifetime staple Gina Vitori plays the abused wife of
a dirty cop ('natch). The cop's partner (Andrew Spach) realizes his
partner is dirty, and an abusive creep, but the partner frames him for
a murder he commited before the partner can do anything about it. So
the partner and the abused wife go on the run... Meh.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<tpuqq4$221bm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171852&group=rec.arts.tv#171852

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 10:03:48 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:03 UTC

On 1/14/2023 8:57 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> This will be brief. I watched just:
>
> soaps: DOOL - It looks like Leo Stark is going to go behind Gwen's back,
> and flip on Xander to keep himself out of jail. Predicably, Stephanie
> acts like a bitch and *hard* dumps Alex (we all know she wants Chad
> anyways...).
>   GH - Carly finally tells Nina that Willow is Nina's daughter, and
> that Carly has known for months - Nina's reaction is predictable (and
> justified). Drew also tells Michael the same. Joss calls in lawyer Diane
> Miller before making her statement to the cops about the "Hook" attack -
> she leaves Dex out of it. Portia is concerned about NuTrina's continued
> connection to Spencer. Spencer discusses Esme's past with Alexis.
>
> In Love With My Parner's Wife (LMN) - Didn't see this when it originally
> aired (on Lifetime, I guess). This was less interesting than its title -
> recent Lifetime staple Gina Vitori plays the abused wife of a dirty cop
> ('natch). The cop's partner (Andrew Spach) realizes his partner is
> dirty, and an abusive creep, but the partner frames him for a murder he
> commited before the partner can do anything about it. So the partner and
> the abused wife go on the run... Meh.
>

> What did you watch?

On Friday the 13th I watched:

Friday the 13th (4K disc) 1980 horror classic about a group of teenagers
at a summer camp who do drugs and have sex then get slashed to death for it.

Friday the 13th Part 2 (blu-ray) 1981 sequel which quickly kills off the
final girl from the first movie then moves on to a new group of teens to
slash up. This time by Jason, the son of the killer from the first
movie. They appeared to have killed him at the end.

Friday the 13th Part III (3D blu-ray) 1982 sequel (they cranked these
out quick!) which brings back Jason, the killer from part 2 who
apparently was only mostly dead at the end. This time in full on
gratuitous 80s 3D. The 3D looks great! I don't mean Avatar 3D or
anything like that. But for a movie shot in 1982 the 3D is very clear.
Although this being 80s 3D almost all of the 3D effects are out of the
screen effects. In *every* seen something is coming out of the screen!
When I wasn't reaching for the many items coming out of the screen, I
was going cross-eyed! Anyway they seemed to kill him off for good this
time. There's no way he could possibly come back for more. It's not as
if they could bring him back from the dead to make more sequels is it?
And why are there so many more movies in my box set?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<714518724.695412821.777018.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171858&group=rec.arts.tv#171858

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:25:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:25 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 1/14/2023 8:57 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> This will be brief. I watched just:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - It looks like Leo Stark is going to go behind Gwen's back,
>> and flip on Xander to keep himself out of jail. Predicably, Stephanie
>> acts like a bitch and *hard* dumps Alex (we all know she wants Chad
>> anyways...).
>>   GH - Carly finally tells Nina that Willow is Nina's daughter, and
>> that Carly has known for months - Nina's reaction is predictable (and
>> justified). Drew also tells Michael the same. Joss calls in lawyer Diane
>> Miller before making her statement to the cops about the "Hook" attack -
>> she leaves Dex out of it. Portia is concerned about NuTrina's continued
>> connection to Spencer. Spencer discusses Esme's past with Alexis.
>>
>> In Love With My Parner's Wife (LMN) - Didn't see this when it originally
>> aired (on Lifetime, I guess). This was less interesting than its title -
>> recent Lifetime staple Gina Vitori plays the abused wife of a dirty cop
>> ('natch). The cop's partner (Andrew Spach) realizes his partner is
>> dirty, and an abusive creep, but the partner frames him for a murder he
>> commited before the partner can do anything about it. So the partner and
>> the abused wife go on the run... Meh.
>>

>> What did you watch?
>>

> On Friday the 13th I watched:
>

> Friday the 13th (4K disc) 1980 horror classic about a group of teenagers
> at a summer camp who do drugs and have sex then get slashed to death for it.
>

> Friday the 13th Part 2 (blu-ray) 1981 sequel which quickly kills off the
> final girl from the first movie then moves on to a new group of teens to
> slash up. This time by Jason, the son of the killer from the first
> movie. They appeared to have killed him at the end.
>

> Friday the 13th Part III (3D blu-ray) 1982 sequel (they cranked these
> out quick!) which brings back Jason, the killer from part 2 who
> apparently was only mostly dead at the end. This time in full on
> gratuitous 80s 3D. The 3D looks great! I don't mean Avatar 3D or
> anything like that. But for a movie shot in 1982 the 3D is very clear.
> Although this being 80s 3D almost all of the 3D effects are out of the
> screen effects. In *every* seen something is coming out of the screen!
> When I wasn't reaching for the many items coming out of the screen, I
> was going cross-eyed! Anyway they seemed to kill him off for good this
> time. There's no way he could possibly come back for more. It's not as
> if they could bring him back from the dead to make more sequels is it?
> And why are there so many more movies in my box set?

Keep watching until Becca Valentine’s nipples slide right off!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<187640244.695425057.917153.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171872&group=rec.arts.tv#171872

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 15:30:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 22:30 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> This will be brief. I watched just:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

BLUE BLOODS S13E10

Fake It' Till You Make It

That’s actually what the title said. On screen, and in IMDb. I cut and
pasted it. I have no idea what they think that apostrophe is doing. Or
what the title means in any event.

Erin is humiliated because she hired a stylist to make her look pretty for
her TV commercials and wants to forget the whole thing until the end of the
episode when the PR company tells her that her commercial is the highest
rated ad of all time in the entire history of the universe and all adjacent
dimensions And it doesn’t occur to her that maybe they just lied about that
so that she’d keep spending money with them.

Eddie responds to a robbery scene where a cop had tied up the bad guy and
left before they got there. She is suspicious. Her partner told her to let
the detectives handle it because that’s what they’re there for. She
wouldn’t have any of this and got permission from the unseen Captain to
take a few days off at full pay and go pester detectives to investigate.
She goes straight to Danny who explains that Baez took a few days off so he
has nothing to do so this is a great time to help Eddie. What the hell?
Baez takes days off so Danny just twiddles his thumbs till she comes back?
Anyway they rather absurdly easily find a cop who was forced to retire for
punching his boss in the face. Luckily Danny knows people at 1PP and
they’re going to get the guy reinstated as a real cop.

Eddie Cahill‘s grandfather is a transit cop who wants to be the new PC so
he is cozying up to the mayor against Frank’s instructions. It blows up in
his face But Frank gives him a pass on it for no reason I can comprehend.

In the really stupid plot du jour, Jamie is out in uniform busting car
thieves to teach his new trainee that intelligence work is nothing like
regular cop work. He then goes undercover to try and catch the car ring
after reporting what happened and getting it wrong. So far intelligence
work is EXACTLY what Jamie did his entire first year on the street!
And when did he become an intelligence training officer anyway? Hasn’t he
only been in intelligence about six weeks?

Baker looked fabulous briefing Frank with sort of a Veronica Lake hairdo.

I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee before
the Freevee screamed and died:

Something went wrong
We have encountered a problem while loading the
page, please check your internet connection and try
again.
Error Code: 4005
Device ID: dd13ca98addb3dbSafba7db2794e0169e859fxxx
Device Type ID: A40HRRNW4X4PN

TMC had a Philo Vance detective marathon that I left on in the background.
Howl of the day was the doctor reporting on the murder victim and saying
“her pupils are so dilated I can’t see her retinas“
Say what?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<tpvbgq$24ash$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171873&group=rec.arts.tv#171873

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 14:48:58 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 22:48 UTC

On 2023-01-14 22:30:30 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> This will be brief. I watched just:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> [snip]
> I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee

Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
screen on fire!!

> before
> the Freevee screamed and died:
>
> Something went wrong
> We have encountered a problem while loading the
> page, please check your internet connection and try
> again.
> Error Code: 4005
> Device ID: dd13ca98addb3dbSafba7db2794e0169e859fxxx
> Device Type ID: A40HRRNW4X4PN

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<tpvbks$24bfe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171874&group=rec.arts.tv#171874

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 14:51:08 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 22:51 UTC

On 2023-01-14 22:48:58 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-01-14 22:30:30 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be brief. I watched just:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> [snip]
>> I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee
>
> Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
> Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
> screen on fire!!

OMG!!!

Charlotte Sullivan was the villain in 1996's "Harriet the Spy" when she
and Michelle Trachtenberg were both *literal babies*!!1!

>> before
>> the Freevee screamed and died:
>>
>> Something went wrong
>> We have encountered a problem while loading the
>> page, please check your internet connection and try
>> again.
>> Error Code: 4005
>> Device ID: dd13ca98addb3dbSafba7db2794e0169e859fxxx
>> Device Type ID: A40HRRNW4X4PN

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<1163587112.695444758.838940.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171879&group=rec.arts.tv#171879

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 20:09:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 03:09 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-01-14 22:30:30 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be brief. I watched just:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> [snip]
>> I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee
>
> Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
> Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
> screen on fire!!

It’s been long enough I don’t remember most of it except for the stupid

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<1422501802.695444800.237269.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171880&group=rec.arts.tv#171880

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 20:09:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 03:09 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-01-14 22:48:58 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

>>> [snip]
>>> I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee
>>
>> Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
>> Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
>> screen on fire!!
>
> OMG!!!
>
> Charlotte Sullivan was the villain in 1996's "Harriet the Spy" when she
> and Michelle Trachtenberg were both *literal babies*!!1!

Back when Dawn was still a pacifier slut

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<tq05ml$29h6a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171887&group=rec.arts.tv#171887

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 22:15:49 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 06:15 UTC

On 1/14/2023 7:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>> I watched a couple season two episodes of SMALLVILLE on the Freevee
>>
>> Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
>> Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
>> screen on fire!!
>
> It’s been long enough I don’t remember most of it except for the stupid

I thought that's what we all watched it for....

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-13 (Friday)

<52344163.695458618.902943.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171889&group=rec.arts.tv#171889

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:59:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 06:59 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/14/2023 7:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Hmmmm... I should dial up the "Smallville" episode with Charlotte
>>> Sullivan as Maxima, 'cos she was so HOTT back then that she set the
>>> screen on fire!!
>>
>> It’s been long enough I don’t remember most of it except for the stupid
>>
> I thought that's what we all watched it for....

For the stupid, despite the stupid, tomato, potahtoe