Inspiration without perspiration is usually sterile.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)BTR1701
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)A Friend
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
      `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<569883175.695498040.790232.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171932&group=rec.arts.tv#171932

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 10:58:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 17:58 UTC

(From Ian

Hey - Eternal September is partly down right now, and won't let me make
posts. Could you please try and figure out if you could post the following
for me? - Thanks!:)

Yesterday, I mostly just watched football, plus one movie:

NFL wild card games - The 49ers put in a rather lackluster first half, but
really buried the Seahawks in the second half, and ended up with a blowout
win. The Niners look good to get into the Superbowl.

The second Sat. game was the mirror image of the first. Historically, the
Chargers have done stuff like this before - blow huge leads. But blowing
the lead they had here was inexcusable. This was a pathetic game. >:/

Don't Blink (Tubi) - This 2014 film turned out to be better than I was
expecting (it's actually in Tubi's "Recommended" selection, which is
usually (though not always!) a good sign). Though they did play
fast-and-loose with the crediting level here, so expectations were
manipulated.

Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
2014, so she's still kind of hot), Fiona Gubelmann (who is notacably
younger here - and we *almost* get brief naked nudity from her, but no such
luck!!), and Brian Austin Green (who looked like he was losing his hair
even back then!), go to a very! (i.e. unrealistically) remote mountain
resort.

But, when they get there, they find it deserted, as if the people there had
got up in the middle of meals, and just plumb disappeared.

And then some of *them* start "disappearing"! And then there is some weird
s**t going on as well (like, with the temperature!) What is going on here?!

This isn't perfect, and falls down in one major aspect (you'll know what I
am talking about if you get to the end), and seems to lose momentum in the
Third Act. But, overall I enjoyed this.

Hey, Robert Picardo shows up in this as a literal "man in black"!! and
that's not just me surmising it - it's literally how he's credited!!

So, what did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<c618fa3f-f6a0-465b-9823-430c8e6c0f5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171936&group=rec.arts.tv#171936

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 10:58:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)
From: ijb...@mac.com (Ian J. Ball)
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 18:58 UTC

On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 9:58:46 AM UTC-8, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Yesterday, I mostly just watched football, plus one movie:
> [snip]
>
> Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
> 2014, so she's still kind of hot), Fiona Gubelmann (who is notacably
> younger here - and we *almost* get brief naked nudity from her, but no such
> luck!!), and Brian Austin Green (who looked like he was losing his hair
> even back then!),

I forgot to mention that Joanne Kelly (from "Warehouse 13") is also in this - in fact, she's pretty clearly the top supporting player here, ahead of even Gubelmann and Zack Ward...).

> go to a very! (i.e. unrealistically) remote mountain
> resort.
>
> But, when they get there, they find it deserted, as if the people there had
> got up in the middle of meals, and just plumb disappeared.
>
> And then some of *them* start "disappearing"! And then there is some weird
> s**t going on as well (like, with the temperature!) What is going on here?!
>
> This isn't perfect, and falls down in one major aspect (you'll know what I
> am talking about if you get to the end), and seems to lose momentum in the
> Third Act. But, overall I enjoyed this.
>
> Hey, Robert Picardo shows up in this as a literal "man in black"!! and
> that's not just me surmising it - it's literally how he's credited!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<atropos-DA6E2D.12042515012023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171939&group=rec.arts.tv#171939

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:04:25 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 20:04 UTC

In article
Ian via anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Don't Blink (Tubi) - This 2014 film turned out to be better than I was
> expecting (it's actually in Tubi's "Recommended" selection, which is
> usually (though not always!) a good sign). Though they did play
> fast-and-loose with the crediting level here, so expectations were
> manipulated.
>
> Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
> 2014, so she's still kind of hot)

I read part of Mena Suvari's autobiography in the bookstore while I was
waiting for the girlfriend to conclude a shopping safari and wow, she
was quite the fun-time girl back in the day.

Around the time she was shooting AMERICAN PIE, she was dating a guy who
was introducing here to just about every kind of sex there is. Oral,
backdoor, girl/girl, threesomes, orgies. And she was down with all of
it. No coercion or anything.

You go, Mina!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<249456605.695512808.881136.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171948&group=rec.arts.tv#171948

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 15:58:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:58 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> (From Ian
>
> So, what did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

THE WILD WILD WEST S01E02 The Night of the Deadly Bed
It’s silly for me to be watching these broadcast when I have the box set
but hey. JD Cannon plays a deranged Frenchman (yeah, I know) who lives in
the house Ricardo Montalban will live in later in Lord of Limbo. He’s
building a killer train to blow up our trains so he can be the new
Napoleon. Barbara Luna plays the beautiful señorita assigned to kill west
who would rather dance and smooch.

Freevee continues not to work and it’s actually something at their end
because you can’t watch their movies on Amazon prime either. So no more
MOTIVE for me.

PERCY JACKSON
The Disney+ said it had added what I assumed was the first Percy Jackson
film because they only had the second up until now. But when I went to play
it it said it was a 2024 project that would be coming soon. I have no idea
what’s going on there.

And then a bunch of awful stuff

THE PALE BLUE EYE on the Netflix
Slow, plodding, dreary mess with Christian Bale and Edgar Allan Poe
investigating a death. I only made it halfway through and turned it off.

ALL THE OLD KNIVES On the Amazon prime
A spy adventure that has no adventures. This is one of the stupidest movies
I’ve ever seen. Most of it takes place with Chris Pratt and Thandie Newton
having lunch with a bunch of nonlinear flashbacks some of which in they’re
naked. It makes it almost impossible to follow the events. But it doesn’t
matter. It turns out the whole thing is a set up by Pratts CIA bosses to
murder him. Instead of just pushing him in front of a truck they set up a
thing that involves him flying across country and leaving a trail to why
they’re killing him and pressing literally dozens and possibly hundreds of
people in on a ridiculously complicated plot where some of them are
blackmailed to being there against their wills. At the end he’s dead by a
method that ain’t suicide but they say they’re going to make it look like
suicide so the ridiculously complex plot continues.

NIGHT SCHOOL on the TMC
I have no idea why the DVR recorded this. From the early 80s somebody is
killing students in a girls school although the first couple of victims
aren’t. It’s incredibly obvious who the mysterious killer is. It’s just
badly made and there’s no reason to watch it and OMG it’s Rachel Ward in
her early 20s and in her second scene she’s throwing her clothes off and
headed for the shower!

Thank you magic DVR!

So in the first killing a teachers aid is sitting on one of those grade
school playground carousels that you spin by pushing it and the killer
starts spinning it and she’s screaming let me off let me off when all she
hast to do to get off is let go and then he holds out his Ginsu Scythe and
she’s going so incredibly fast that he lops her head clean off.

A later killing happens in an aquarium where the victim is in a wetsuit and
scuba gear feeding the fish. She surfaces and walks through a bunch of
corridors and down a couple flights of stairs to the locker room dropping
pieces of her tackle as she goes. Her tanks, her regulator, she just drops
the stuff in the hallways. What the hell? Then as she’s putting what she
still has left in the dive locker she hears and we see the killer in the
rooms behind her. She turns around and looks and doesn’t see anybody and
she turns back and the killer has teleported himself into the dive locker.

This never got any better. I ended up fast forwarding the last hour or so.
Nobody ever got naked again. And I noticed that Rachel Ward can’t act with
her clothes on.

KALEIDOSCOPE On the Netflix
I don’t know what’s up with this. I pushed play and it started playing
episode three (the episodes aren’t numbered they are supposedly named after
colors but two of them aren’t because the people that made this are just
that stupid). So I looked it up on IMDB and it had a different order for
the episodes than the Netflix did. So I looked it up on Wikipedia and
finally read about it. It’s meant to be watched in any order. Except you
have to watch BLACK first and WHITE last so it’s not actually meant to be
watched in any order. The reason you have to watch BLACK first Is that it
explains what the hell is happening to you except that it doesn’t, BLACK is
less than a minute long and all it is is the company logos.

So I quite literally said “fuck this noise” out loud and removed it from
the watchlist, and watched:

NATIONAL TREASURE EDGE OF DESTINY S01E04 on the Disney+
Riley from the movies finally shows up and has some stuff to do. It’s bad
for this show that it’s way better with him in it. Every time I started to
relax and enjoy it the idiot PC girl interrupts and yells some stupid woke
thing about history that’s wrong anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tq2bc6$1vg4$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171952&group=rec.arts.tv#171952

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 18:04:54 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 02:04 UTC

On 2023-01-15 17:58:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> (From Ian
>
> Hey - Eternal September is partly down right now, and won't let me make
> posts. Could you please try and figure out if you could post the following
> for me? - Thanks!:)

OK, Eternal September is still down. So I've gone back to AIOE as a
backup - seems to be working...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tq2beb$1c6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171953&group=rec.arts.tv#171953

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 18:06:03 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 02:06 UTC

On 2023-01-15 20:04:25 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <569883175.695498040.790232.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> Ian via anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Don't Blink (Tubi) - This 2014 film turned out to be better than I was
>> expecting (it's actually in Tubi's "Recommended" selection, which is
>> usually (though not always!) a good sign). Though they did play
>> fast-and-loose with the crediting level here, so expectations were
>> manipulated.
>>
>> Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
>> 2014, so she's still kind of hot)
>
> I read part of Mena Suvari's autobiography in the bookstore while I was
> waiting for the girlfriend to conclude a shopping safari and wow, she
> was quite the fun-time girl back in the day.
>
> Around the time she was shooting AMERICAN PIE, she was dating a guy who
> was introducing here to just about every kind of sex there is. Oral,
> backdoor, girl/girl, threesomes,

Can you be more specific?... :p

> orgies. And she was down with all of
> it. No coercion or anything.
>
> You go, Mina!

I also liked Emelie O'Hara in "Don't Blink" but it seems to be her only
significant role. Weird.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<127568055.695539594.359047.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171957&group=rec.arts.tv#171957

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:27:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 05:27 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 9:58:46 AM UTC-8, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Yesterday, I mostly just watched football, plus one movie:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
>> 2014, so she's still kind of hot), Fiona Gubelmann (who is notacably
>> younger here - and we *almost* get brief naked nudity from her, but no such
>> luck!!), and Brian Austin Green (who looked like he was losing his hair
>> even back then!),
>
> I forgot to mention that Joanne Kelly (from "Warehouse 13") is also in
> this - in fact, she's pretty clearly the top supporting player here,
> ahead of even Gubelmann and Zack Ward...).

OK, added to my watchlist

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tq441q$8d8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171981&group=rec.arts.tv#171981

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:12:10 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 18:12 UTC

On 2023-01-16 02:04:54 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-01-15 17:58:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> (From Ian
>>
>> Hey - Eternal September is partly down right now, and won't let me make
>> posts. Could you please try and figure out if you could post the following
>> for me? - Thanks!:)
>
> OK, Eternal September is still down. So I've gone back to AIOE as a
> backup - seems to be working...

And ES is still partially down (or, at least, it has missed picking up
most of the posts from yesterday..)

I will try to get to the WDYW? for Sunday later today...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tq4a08$2rsf3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171999&group=rec.arts.tv#171999

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 11:53:44 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 19:53 UTC

On 2023-01-16 18:12:10 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-01-16 02:04:54 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
>
>> On 2023-01-15 17:58:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> (From Ian
>>>
>>> Hey - Eternal September is partly down right now, and won't let me make
>>> posts. Could you please try and figure out if you could post the following
>>> for me? - Thanks!:)
>>
>> OK, Eternal September is still down. So I've gone back to AIOE as a
>> backup - seems to be working...
>
> And ES is still partially down (or, at least, it has missed picking up
> most of the posts from yesterday..)
>
> I will try to get to the WDYW? for Sunday later today...

OK, ES seems to be coming back - it is still missing posts from
yesterday, but it seems to be picking up all the posts from today, and
it is again allowing me to post.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<2063920903.695601784.100350.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172025&group=rec.arts.tv#172025

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:43:58 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:43 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-01-15 20:04:25 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article
>> <569883175.695498040.790232.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> Ian via anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Don't Blink (Tubi) - This 2014 film turned out to be better than I was
>>> expecting (it's actually in Tubi's "Recommended" selection, which is
>>> usually (though not always!) a good sign). Though they did play
>>> fast-and-loose with the crediting level here, so expectations were
>>> manipulated.
>>>
>>> Anyway, a bunch of college(?) age people, including Mena Suvari (this was
>>> 2014, so she's still kind of hot)
>>
>> I read part of Mena Suvari's autobiography in the bookstore while I was
>> waiting for the girlfriend to conclude a shopping safari and wow, she
>> was quite the fun-time girl back in the day.
>>
>> Around the time she was shooting AMERICAN PIE, she was dating a guy who
>> was introducing here to just about every kind of sex there is. Oral,
>> backdoor, girl/girl, threesomes,
>
> Can you be more specific?... :p
>
>> orgies. And she was down with all of
>> it. No coercion or anything.
>>
>> You go, Mina!
>
> I also liked Emelie O'Hara in "Don't Blink" but it seems to be her only
> significant role. Weird.

I fell asleep, but it was about two in the morning, so I save the back half
for later.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<UBI20230114@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172271&group=rec.arts.tv#172271

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> So, what did you watch?

MST3K:
Nothing better was on Pluto TV, not to mention LG TV.

SATURDAY THE 14TH:
A FRIDAY THE 13TH spoof that Shout Factory TV played all day for some
reason.

CYBERPUNK 2070 EDGERUNNERS:
David joins a gang for a heist.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<190120230742113992%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172275&group=rec.arts.tv#172275

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:42:11 -0500
 by: A Friend - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:42 UTC

In article <UBI20230114@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

> SATURDAY THE 14TH:
> A FRIDAY THE 13TH spoof that Shout Factory TV played all day for some
> reason.

Maybe it was because Saturday was the 14th?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tqbhb2$1imvs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172276&group=rec.arts.tv#172276

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 08:41:53 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:41 UTC

In article <190120230742113992%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> SATURDAY THE 14TH:
>> A FRIDAY THE 13TH spoof that Shout Factory TV played all day for some
>> reason.
>
>Maybe it was because Saturday was the 14th?

We may never know! ;-)

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<677292416.695838376.649446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172294&group=rec.arts.tv#172294

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:27:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:27 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> So, what did you watch?
>
> MST3K:
> Nothing better was on Pluto TV, not to mention LG TV.

What’s LG TV?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tqbsrg$1kke6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172298&group=rec.arts.tv#172298

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:58:23 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:58 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> MST3K:
>> Nothing better was on Pluto TV, not to mention LG TV.
>
> What's LG TV?

It's an off-brand TV from Korea. I think it used to be Goldstar.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<1590306612.695844896.259299.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172301&group=rec.arts.tv#172301

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:17:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:17 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> MST3K:
>>> Nothing better was on Pluto TV, not to mention LG TV.
>>
>> What's LG TV?
>
> It's an off-brand TV from Korea. I think it used to be Goldstar.

Oh. That’s actually a pretty good model of TV. I thought you were watching
a TV channel named that.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tqc288$1lfki$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172303&group=rec.arts.tv#172303

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:30:31 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> What's LG TV?
>>
>> It's an off-brand TV from Korea. I think it used to be Goldstar.
>
> Oh. That's actually a pretty good model of TV. I thought you were watching
> a TV channel named that.

I was watching the streaming channel (is that what they call it?) that came
with their LG TV. My Samsung has Samsung+.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<1665807537.695925444.145417.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172403&group=rec.arts.tv#172403

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:38:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:38 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> It's an off-brand TV from Korea. I think it used to be Goldstar.
>>
>> Oh. That's actually a pretty good model of TV. I thought you were watching
>> a TV channel named that.
>
> I was watching the streaming channel (is that what they call it?) that came
> with their LG TV. My Samsung has Samsung+.

Huh. I did not know that.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-14 (Saturday)

<tqeohs$26ejd$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172424&group=rec.arts.tv#172424

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:03:23 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 19:03 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Oh. That's actually a pretty good model of TV. I thought you were
>>> watching a TV channel named that.
>>
>> I was watching the streaming channel (is that what they call it?) that
>> came with their LG TV. My Samsung has Samsung+.
>
> Huh. I did not know that.

One of these days, I should see if their TV will allow me to load Samsung+,
which is much better.

--
Let's go Brandon!