From: d...@ray (D. Ray)
Subject: Movie Theatre Audiences Down 50% Since 2018
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 23 21:28:27 UTC
 by: D. Ray - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 21:28 UTC

I can’t tell you with any certainty what will happen in the movie industry.
I can tell you that the products they’re pushing are cinematic disasters
that you don’t need to be a Hitler Worshiper to dislike, as evidenced by
Strange World and Buzz Lightyear bombing. I can tell you that this Globo
Homo Schlomo garbage affects Netflix, Disney, Amazon Studios, and all the
rest. Remember bros? Or Santa Inc?

We know that the theater audiences are declining sharply, and we know that
the product is garbage, and even normies think so as well, but we don’t
know for sure that streaming services haven’t taken up the slack, although
they don’t appear to be making money.

It would be satisfying for the film/streaming industry to just flat out
die, but I think we’ll see more like 10% decline year over year as it limps
along. The problems they’re facing will not be solved with some novelty
hits, like Avatar 2, where you can get people in seats by telling them how
expensive it was to make. Audiences have had so many terrible moviegoing
experiences that they’ve become cynical towards modern (((cinema))). Even
Avatar 2 is doing long term reputational damage to Hollywood, since it’s
dumb and will make people that much less likely to watch another movie. Of
course all of this could be solved by simply giving people what they want
to see, but that’s not on the table.

<https://dailyrake.ca/2023/01/15/movie-theatre-audiences-down-50-since-2018/>

<https://archive.ph/sjXOA>