Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Crackle’s back
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:03:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 06:03 UTC

Crackle’s back

After a month of various error messages.

Fired right up on the PS3 and didn’t even require activation. It was
already connected to my iPhone account.

It now has multiple watch lists. The first one is mine.

The second one is “icon watchlist“
it says these are the bold, ahead of their time, and still among the best
entertainment has to offer – they are icons!
There is only one thing on the icon watch list:
What’s happening! S02E01 “rerun gets married“

The action watch list has half a dozen things I don’t know of:
Elephant white
Blitz
Stolen.
Cold blood
Battle in Seattle
Green card warriors

The comedy watchlist has one item.
The man who killed Don Quijote

And finally the drama watchlist has
On Point.
Clara (which I think I’ve watched and was lousy)
Liam Gallagher as it was
The greatest team in football history
Going from broke S01E01.
And
Monster.

I am… underwhelmed.

Also, you can’t get out of any of the Watch lists without going all the way
back up to the top of them.

At the HOME level it has five items.
Primeval.
Salvage Marines
Sherlock.
Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
And the aforementioned Blitz Which is a Jason Statham action film so
something for Ian?

At least the movies tab has a full 60 films under recently added

The information on any item is extremely sparse. It doesn’t even tell you
what year. Just a very short description and running time. You have to go a
level deeper for any information beyond that. This movie with a picture of
Katie Sackhoff has Katie Sackhoff in it.

OK it seems to work on the PS3 and the iPhone. Let’s see what the built-in
Cox DVR app does…

So I push the Crackle button and after it spins for a while, it says unable
to connect to crackle RETRY.
The thing is I can see the Crackle launched in the background, so that’s
sort of frustrating.

There’s nothing to do but push the retry button, which erases all the stuff
I could see in the background

Finally it pops up with a completely different interface and the same
movies into the same categories except it clicks between them constantly
and is clearly using all it’s available bandwidth to do so. Instead of
watch lists, it has spotlights and new on crackle.
I go to my account tab and it has not synced to me , so I have to click
down to activate.
Now I have to type a code into a browser on my iPhone.

Nope. That throws an intercept in the browser saying that activation has
been disabled while they work on improving Crackle and crashes the DVR app
to the main page.

I wonder if freevee is working?

OK freevee launched and quickly which is a new thing, it remembers that I
was watching motive.
It remembers I was trying to watch season two episode five
I push the watch now button.

And it spins and spins and spins and spins and spins.

And throws the SOMETHING WENT WRONG error message. FreeVee continues to
have a working interface, but none of the programming is accessible.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Crackle?s back

<j09dshtji8djioh0cujitl2drkn5hb75hi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172085&group=rec.arts.tv#172085

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Crackle???s back
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 08:41:59 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 13:41 UTC

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:03:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Crackle’s back
>
>After a month of various error messages.
>
>Fired right up on the PS3 and didn’t even require activation. It was
>already connected to my iPhone account.

>I am… underwhelmed.

At this point I was wondering why they even bothered to fix things.

>Also, you can’t get out of any of the Watch lists without going all the way
>back up to the top of them.
>
>At the HOME level it has five items.
>Primeval.
>Salvage Marines
>Sherlock.
>Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
>And the aforementioned Blitz Which is a Jason Statham action film so
>something for Ian?

At least now they are listing a few things worthy of watching. While
it isn't great I enjoyed PRIMEVAL (assuming this is the UK show.)
SHERLOCK is a fine series so that's another plus for Crackle. Never
watched but given the number of BLUE BLOOD fans in this newsgroup I
assume some would enjoy the JESSE STONE series.

>At least the movies tab has a full 60 films under recently added
>
>The information on any item is extremely sparse. It doesn’t even tell you
>what year. Just a very short description and running time. You have to go a
>level deeper for any information beyond that. This movie with a picture of
>Katie Sackhoff has Katie Sackhoff in it.

Hey, at least they are giving you accurate information like which
movies have Katie Sackhoff in it. lol..

>Nope. That throws an intercept in the browser saying that activation has
>been disabled while they work on improving Crackle and crashes the DVR app
>to the main page.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if this is behavior that is
unique to you. A special treat from Cox, possibly thanks to your
former mailman that pretended you didn't exist except for delivering
ads to your home.

>I wonder if freevee is working?
>
>OK freevee launched and quickly which is a new thing, it remembers that I
>was watching motive.
>It remembers I was trying to watch season two episode five
>I push the watch now button.
>
>And it spins and spins and spins and spins and spins.
>
>And throws the SOMETHING WENT WRONG error message. FreeVee continues to
>have a working interface, but none of the programming is accessible.

That's nice that they tell you when things have gone FUBAR.

>Sent from my iPhone

Re: Crackle’s back

<222984310.695662475.908337.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172091&group=rec.arts.tv#172091

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 08:40:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:40 UTC

> On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:03:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Crackle’s back
>>
>> After a month of various error messages.
>>
>> Fired right up on the PS3 and didn’t even require activation. It was
>> already connected to my iPhone account.
>
>> I am… underwhelmed.
>
> At this point I was wondering why they even bothered to fix things.

Agreed. I am amazed that my watchlist was even still there. The rest of it
feels like something new they just started from scratch and they haven’t
actually made any programming deals yet!

Of course it’s possible none of the stuff in my watchlist can actually be
watched…

>> Also, you can’t get out of any of the Watch lists without going all the way
>> back up to the top of them.
>>
>> At the HOME level it has five items.
>> Primeval.
>> Salvage Marines
>> Sherlock.
>> Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
>> And the aforementioned Blitz Which is a Jason Statham action film so
>> something for Ian?
>
> At least now they are listing a few things worthy of watching. While
> it isn't great I enjoyed PRIMEVAL (assuming this is the UK show.)
> SHERLOCK is a fine series so that's another plus for Crackle. Never
> watched but given the number of BLUE BLOOD fans in this newsgroup I
> assume some would enjoy the JESSE STONE series.

All of those are watchable, yes. I think the PRIMEVAL they have is the
sequel series.

>> At least the movies tab has a full 60 films under recently added
>>
>> The information on any item is extremely sparse. It doesn’t even tell you
>> what year. Just a very short description and running time. You have to go a
>> level deeper for any information beyond that. This movie with a picture of
>> Katie Sackhoff has Katie Sackhoff in it.
>
> Hey, at least they are giving you accurate information like which
> movies have Katie Sackhoff in it. lol..

Forewarned is forearmed!

>> Nope. That throws an intercept in the browser saying that activation has
>> been disabled while they work on improving Crackle and crashes the DVR app
>> to the main page.
>>
> At this point I'm starting to wonder if this is behavior that is
> unique to you. A special treat from Cox, possibly thanks to your
> former mailman that pretended you didn't exist except for delivering
> ads to your home.

The Cox apps are clearly built separately and exhibit unique behaviors.

>> I wonder if freevee is working?
>>
>> OK freevee launched and quickly which is a new thing, it remembers that I
>> was watching motive.
>> It remembers I was trying to watch season two episode five
>> I push the watch now button.
>>
>> And it spins and spins and spins and spins and spins.
>>
>> And throws the SOMETHING WENT WRONG error message. FreeVee continues to
>> have a working interface, but none of the programming is accessible.
>
> That's nice that they tell you when things have gone FUBAR.

It actually is!

>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Crackle’s back

<tq71sg$3cs65$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172112&group=rec.arts.tv#172112

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:53:38 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:53 UTC

On 1/17/2023 7:40 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:03:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Crackle’s back
>>>
>>> After a month of various error messages.
>>>
>>> Fired right up on the PS3 and didn’t even require activation. It was
>>> already connected to my iPhone account.
>>
>>> I am… underwhelmed.
>>
>> At this point I was wondering why they even bothered to fix things.
>>

> Agreed. I am amazed that my watchlist was even still there. The rest of it
> feels like something new they just started from scratch and they haven’t
> actually made any programming deals yet!
>
> Of course it’s possible none of the stuff in my watchlist can actually be
> watched…
>
>>> Also, you can’t get out of any of the Watch lists without going all the way
>>> back up to the top of them.
>>>
>>> At the HOME level it has five items.
>>> Primeval.
>>> Salvage Marines
>>> Sherlock.
>>> Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
>>> And the aforementioned Blitz Which is a Jason Statham action film so
>>> something for Ian?
>>
>> At least now they are listing a few things worthy of watching. While
>> it isn't great I enjoyed PRIMEVAL (assuming this is the UK show.)
>> SHERLOCK is a fine series so that's another plus for Crackle. Never
>> watched but given the number of BLUE BLOOD fans in this newsgroup I
>> assume some would enjoy the JESSE STONE series.
>
> All of those are watchable, yes. I think the PRIMEVAL they have is the
> sequel series.

Primeval: New World? The one set in (IIRC) Canada? (Or at least North
America.)

dirty old man.

Re: Crackle’s back

<425973379.695683574.754822.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172116&group=rec.arts.tv#172116

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:41:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:41 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/17/2023 7:40 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> At this point I was wondering why they even bothered to fix things.
>>>

>> Agreed. I am amazed that my watchlist was even still there. The rest of it
>> feels like something new they just started from scratch and they haven’t
>> actually made any programming deals yet!
>>
>> Of course it’s possible none of the stuff in my watchlist can actually be
>> watched…

>>> At least now they are listing a few things worthy of watching. While
>>> it isn't great I enjoyed PRIMEVAL (assuming this is the UK show.)
>>> SHERLOCK is a fine series so that's another plus for Crackle. Never
>>> watched but given the number of BLUE BLOOD fans in this newsgroup I
>>> assume some would enjoy the JESSE STONE series.
>>
>> All of those are watchable, yes. I think the PRIMEVAL they have is the
>> sequel series.
>>
> Primeval: New World? The one set in (IIRC) Canada? (Or at least North
> America.)

Checking the details on my iPhone, it looks to be the original.

Re: Crackle?s back

<aqaeshlukuqr7t2adtuavd33v5hu3b4neh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172122&group=rec.arts.tv#172122

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 18:12:52 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:12 UTC

On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:41:41 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Agreed. I am amazed that my watchlist was even still there. The rest of it
>>> feels like something new they just started from scratch and they haven’t
>>> actually made any programming deals yet!
>>>
>>> Of course it’s possible none of the stuff in my watchlist can actually be
>>> watched…

>>> All of those are watchable, yes. I think the PRIMEVAL they have is the
>>> sequel series.
>>>
>> Primeval: New World? The one set in (IIRC) Canada? (Or at least North
>> America.)
>>

>Checking the details on my iPhone, it looks to be the original.

That's what I expected given they used the PRIMEVAL name and not the
PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD name. PRIMEVAL is the better show.

Re: Crackle?s back

<175085759.695690783.393469.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172126&group=rec.arts.tv#172126

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 16:32:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:32 UTC

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:41:41 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Primeval: New World? The one set in (IIRC) Canada? (Or at least North
>>> America.)
>>>

>> Checking the details on my iPhone, it looks to be the original.
>
> That's what I expected given they used the PRIMEVAL name and not the
> PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD name. PRIMEVAL is the better show. You

Agreed. The picture I saw, looked like the latter show which had more
convincing dinosaurs.

Re: Crackle?s back

<tq80at$3kf3r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172164&group=rec.arts.tv#172164

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:33:21 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 05:33 UTC

And the better eye candy. ;)

dirty old man.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Crackle?s back