From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.reality
Subject: "MILF Manor" Signals The End Of Society As We Know It
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:11:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:11 UTC

"30 Rock" was far ahead of its time way back in 2008 when it aired an episode
titled "MILF Island."

The episode revolves around the season finale of Jack Donaghy's (Alec
Baldwin) hit reality television show. In one exchange in the episode, Donaghy
tells producer Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) the theme of MILF Island.

"All of my summer replacement shows were big hits: 'America's Next
Top Pirate,' 'Are You Stronger Than a Dog?', 'MILF Island,'" Donaghy
says.

Lemon: "MILF Island"?

Donaghy: "Twenty-five super-hot moms, 50 eighth-grade boys, no
rules."

Lemon: "Oh yeah, didn't one of those women turn out to be a
prostitute?"

Donaghy: "That doesn't mean she's not a wonderful, caring MILF."

Fast foward to 2023. No, we don't have flying cars, but we do have "Milf
Manor." The reality show bills itself as eight attractive mothers embarking
on a chance to "find love with men half their age."

But there's a twist. The first episode, which airs on TLC, revealed that the
"men half their age" are the sons of the eight women.

?? BIG REVEAL ?? Meet the men (aka THE SONS ??) looking for love
with an older woman on #MILFManor ??

What did you think of that twist in last night's premiere? Let us
know in the replies ???? pic.twitter.com/DbkhbJIv3p

-- TLC Network (@TLC) January 16, 2023

Milf Manor set social media ablaze.

"I think tlc has hit an all-time low with this one," a user on Twitter wrote.
"That is one hour of my life I can't get back. My family laughs at me for
watching some of your shows but this one is a hard pass. It was cringe
worthy."

"It's disgusting... you're [sic] producers are disgusting... the moms
participating are Realllly disgusting and desperate (guess there's a reason
they're all divorced & single) and the kids are just... well... disgusting,"
wrote another.

"You guys are disappointing a lot of your fans that watch your shows with
this nonsensical show... I'm appalled. You could've done the show without the
younger guys being sons of the moms... That is extremely disgusting!! Period!
Please bow out now and take a loss on this one," wrote a third.

Another pointed out the irony. "A beautiful thing about America is that
tonight a show called MILF Manor premiered on a channel called The Learning
Channel."

And one other noted that "Milf Manor" was inevitable.

"Fans of trash TV and reality TV: you only can blame yourself for MILF Manor.
You gave bad networks like TLC and Bravo the power to produce such
stupidity."

But apparently, the moms on "MILF Manor" love the moniker.

"My oldest daughter -- her friends referred to me as that when she was in
high school, and we embraced it," one mom said on the show. "It's just a word
to me. I don't take it in a literal sense. I think it's just 'hot mom.'"

"I love '30 Rock' and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. But no -- I'm
not into 8th grade boys, if that's the question!" said another to the New
York Post.

I'd declare here that we, as a society, have hit rock bottom, but "Milf
Manor" proves that you can never underestimate how low we can go.

--
Let's go Brandon

Re: "MILF Manor" Signals The End Of Society As We Know It

<jq0pshlaln77k6shibjalqbquh84iuehsp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172596&group=rec.arts.tv#172596

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:31:00 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 00:31 UTC

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:11:45 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>"My oldest daughter -- her friends referred to me as that when she was in
>high school, and we embraced it," one mom said on the show. "It's just a word
>to me. I don't take it in a literal sense. I think it's just 'hot mom.'"

Oh boy - I think she needs to get herself to a web browser and look up
that acronym.

I remember when I was that age that I thought my own mother was plenty
attractive but I don't think I would ever ever have been cool with any
of my friends "hitting" on her.

Because that term means one helluva lot more than "hot mom" :)