Your business will go through a period of considerable expansion.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holidayA Friend
+* Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holidayThe Horny Goat
|`- Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holidaytrotsky
`- Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holidayAdam H. Kerman

1
Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday

<200120232325282077%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172488&group=rec.arts.tv#172488

Subject: Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 23:25:28 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 04:25 UTC

In article <006617a6-3eb7-410f-8e32-f54f993bacb3n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64352318

It's a holiday that no one gets off and no one is paid extra for. It's
merely a political gesture. Employees can take the day off as their
personal holiday for the year, if they like. (They get only one such.)

I hope you didn't wet yourself over this. It wasn't worth it.

Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday

<jctmshlpviilfgd8clc2v8sk4lhd8r08gu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172494&group=rec.arts.tv#172494

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:21:15 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 05:21 UTC

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 23:25:28 -0500, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article <006617a6-3eb7-410f-8e32-f54f993bacb3n@googlegroups.com>,
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64352318
>

>It's a holiday that no one gets off and no one is paid extra for. It's
>merely a political gesture. Employees can take the day off as their
>personal holiday for the year, if they like. (They get only one such.)
>
>I hope you didn't wet yourself over this. It wasn't worth it.

Around here it's called "Lunar New Year" (presumably because they
don't want to risk offending other Asian nationalities) and it gets a
couple of stories in the newspaper (usually including one taking about
half of page one) but that's about it. (Plus of course a couple of
advertisers going for the ka-ching!)

On the other hand Canadians DO have a federal day of "reconciliation"
(meaning aboriginal peoples) which only affects federally regulated
industries like the civil service and banks and trucking and naturally
aboriginal groups are pressing the individual provinces for provincial
days since that's what affects most people's jobs.

Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday

<tqggse$1rtc$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172516&group=rec.arts.tv#172516

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 05:04:46 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 11:04 UTC

On 1/21/23 2:08 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 January 2023 at 00:21:20 UTC-5, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 23:25:28 -0500, A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>>> It's a holiday that no one gets off and no one is paid extra for. It's
>>> merely a political gesture. Employees can take the day off as their
>>> personal holiday for the year, if they like. (They get only one such.)
>>>
>>> I hope you didn't wet yourself over this. It wasn't worth it.
>> Around here it's called "Lunar New Year" (presumably because they
>> don't want to risk offending other Asian nationalities) and it gets a
>> couple of stories in the newspaper (usually including one taking about
>> half of page one) but that's about it. (Plus of course a couple of
>> advertisers going for the ka-ching!)
>>
>> On the other hand Canadians DO have a federal day of "reconciliation"
>> (meaning aboriginal peoples) which only affects federally regulated
>> industries like the civil service and banks and trucking and naturally
>> aboriginal groups are pressing the individual provinces for provincial
>> days since that's what affects most people's jobs.
>
> It's all abject pandering by self-hating liberal whites.

So they're "woke" and "self-hating" at the same time, or do you just
lack the mental capacity to keep your adjectives straight? Or as right
wing shitbags call them, "pronouns."

Re: Woke Californians make Chinese holiday and official STATE holiday

<tqi6hs$2r4u5$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172608&group=rec.arts.tv#172608

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:20:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:20 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64352318

>It's a holiday that no one gets off and no one is paid extra for. It's
>merely a political gesture. Employees can take the day off as their
>personal holiday for the year, if they like. (They get only one such.)

>I hope you didn't wet yourself over this. It wasn't worth it.

I've never understood what makes a public holiday more sacred by giving
government workers paid days off.