Do you mean that you not only want a wrong answer, but a certain wrong answer? -- Tobaben

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)Ubiquitous
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)anim8rfsk
 +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)Dimensional Traveler
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

<UBI20230120@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172524&group=rec.arts.tv#172524

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:30 UTC

While recovering from yesterday's arduous workout, I watched:

DOCTOR WHO:
"Trial of a Timelord". (JiP) This interminable (13 parts!!!) story
starred Colin Baker, the classic Doctor I can't stand, who was on
trial on Galifray for some reason and, similar to the "Managerie" ep of
Star Trek, seemed to be a clip show featuring humanoid vagina penis
plants and ended up with him virtually entering their computer to fight
the baliff who was actually several evil incarnations of The Doctor and
wanted our hero destroyed. Further marring the story was his useless
female companion who screams all the time and a gay space pirate from a
previous adventure who were recruited by The Master to help. Oddly
enough, when The Master makes himself known to the Galifryan court, no
one has any clue who he is! Wait, whut? Predictibly, after they
defeated the Evil Doctor, they did that predictible and improbably
thing where one of the major characters had been replaced by the Evil
Doctor but no one noticed because he wasn't facing them when he spoke.
Was this writen by a bunch of five year olds?!?!?!

GLENN BECK RADIO

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

CHAD PRATHER

FAMILY GUY:
Several eps.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

<tqh3tj$2lq0j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172531&group=rec.arts.tv#172531

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 08:29:39 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:29 UTC

On 2023-01-21 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Pretty much nothing - just some Australian Open tennis.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

<569863556.696011467.860201.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172535&group=rec.arts.tv#172535

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:54:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:54 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> While recovering from yesterday's arduous workout, I watched:
>
> DOCTOR WHO:
>
> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

BLUE BLOODS S13E11 “lost ones“
A completely nothing burger episode except for the stupid.

Aaron teams up with her evil counterpart as they both reject an important
black ministers endorsement because they don’t like the fact that he drives
a Ferrari. Like her opponent isn’t going to take the guys endorsement under
the table anyway. What the hell does she care about somebody driving a
Ferrari? She’s an accessory to murder!

Jamie tries to help a recently released prisoner that he railroaded into a
long sentence until he manages to get the guy in so much trouble that he’s
going back to prison.

Baker looks great. Baez has vanished without a trace or mention.

Danny. What the hell? Out of nowhere it turns out Danny’s been secretly in
love with a black detective from his squad ever since Linda died. Just when
we thought he was going to get together with Baez, suddenly he’s going to
start dating this woman who’s in so much pain from an on the job injury
that she can’t even sit in a chair for a long period. Danny’s first
romantic overture is to arrange with his dad to get her 100% disability
which means she has a six figure tax free income for the rest of her life.
The only possible reason I can see them doing this storyline is to get a
black face at the Reagan dinner table.

Freevee started working again I’ll be at sporadically so I have been
powering through MOTIVE when I can. I’m in the middle of the fourth and
final season.

The first season is definitely the best. Starting in season two and
accelerating it changed from case of the week to cases, lingering and
overlapping and way too much about the personal problems of the characters
and including mysterious illnesses and pregnancies and old lovers showing
up. Season one just had the leads useless son and it and they got rid of
him between season one and season two, which she would think meant, they
learned their lesson about families on the show, but no

Starting in season three we start to see recognizable guest stars. C Thomas
Howell kills Agam Darshi. Alicia Witt kills a friend of hers. Also, they’ve
started this trend where the murder victim had it coming and you hope the
killer gets away with it. Like with Alicia Witt, where she killed this
kid’s mother, because the mother had Munchhausen by proxy, and was
poisoning the kid to get attention for herself. From the method of the
murder, it turns out Alicia is super humanly strong and massive, and the
victim is as squishy and boneless as a WALKING DEAD zombie.

Only a handful left which I was hoping to polish off today but I have no
idea if or when Freevee will return.

Other than that just some reruns of “classic“ stuff

Oh I watched the first mini commercial for ARK ONE. a ship fleeing Earth -
that - was (at least it has an FTL drive.) has all the adults killed and
continues to hurtLe through space with a ship full of yutes. So far it is
not promising.

Next week, both CIMMARON STRIP and THE STREETS OF AND FRANCISCO start
airing reruns in totally random order.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

<tqh78n$2m91v$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172540&group=rec.arts.tv#172540

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:26:49 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 17:26 UTC

On 1/21/2023 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Next week, both CIMMARON STRIP and THE STREETS OF AND FRANCISCO start
> airing reruns in totally random order.

And what is Francisco doing on the streets?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-01-20 (Friday)

<tqjrlr$36lal$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172665&group=rec.arts.tv#172665

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 15:32:14 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 23:32 UTC

On 1/21/2023 8:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
snip

> Oh I watched the first mini commercial for ARK ONE. a ship fleeing Earth -
> that - was (at least it has an FTL drive.) has all the adults killed and
> continues to hurtLe through space with a ship full of yutes. So far it is
> not promising.

It's "The Ark." Just because it's derivative of 50 other shows doesn't
mean I'm not still going to sample it. But if it turns out to be as bad
as it looks, I'll dump it. Probably.

I watched:

Penn & Teller: Fool Us - "Penn & Teller Animal Style" - Worst. Episode.
Ever. Each segment involved animals and they were all somehow bad.