From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Lin Brehmer, Radio Legend For Decades At WXRT, Dies At 68 (fwd)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 06:16:20 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 06:16 UTC

posting here because lots of cross over from tv to radio
on this BBS's group..

[block club chicago]

Lin Brehmer, Radio Legend For Decades At WXRT, Dies At 68

Brehmer, whose radio career included stints in New York and Minnesota, has been
a familiar voice on WXRT since 1984, when he became the station's music
director.

Lin Brehmer, the longtime WXRT radio host and disc jockey who for decades
brought Rock and Roll to Chicago airwaves with his trademark mellifluous voice
and knack for introspection, died Sunday after a battle with prostate cancer.
He was 68.

Brehmer's death was announced Sunday morning on-air by fellow XRT host and disc
jockey Terri Hemmert, at the end of her "Breakfast With The Beatles" show.
========
rest:
https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/01/22/lin-brehmer-dies-at-68-radio-legend-spent-decades-at-wxrt/

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Lin Brehmer, Radio Legend For Decades At WXRT, Dies At 68 (fwd)

<tqlli6$19up$9@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172748&group=rec.arts.tv#172748

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 03:55:18 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:55 UTC

On 1/23/23 12:16 AM, danny burstein wrote:
> posting here because lots of cross over from tv to radio
> on this BBS's group..
>
> [block club chicago]
>
> Lin Brehmer, Radio Legend For Decades At WXRT, Dies At 68
>
> Brehmer, whose radio career included stints in New York and Minnesota,
> has been a familiar voice on WXRT since 1984, when he became the
> station's music director.
>
> Lin Brehmer, the longtime WXRT radio host and disc jockey who for
> decades brought Rock and Roll to Chicago airwaves with his trademark
> mellifluous voice and knack for introspection, died Sunday after a
> battle with prostate cancer. He was 68.
>
> Brehmer's death was announced Sunday morning on-air by fellow XRT host
> and disc jockey Terri Hemmert, at the end of her "Breakfast With The
> Beatles" show.
>       ========
> rest:
> https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/01/22/lin-brehmer-dies-at-68-radio-legend-spent-decades-at-wxrt/

I used to listen to XRT more than any other station when I lived in the
Chicago so I remember Brehmer quite well. He had a great radio voice
and was always worth listening to. RIP