The devil finds work for idle glands.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: "Nancy with the Laughing Face"

SubjectAuthor
* Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
+* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everCujo DeSockpuppet
|`* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
| `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everCujo DeSockpuppet
|  +* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
|  |`* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everCujo DeSockpuppet
|  | `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everSpam-I-Am
|  |  `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everCujo DeSockpuppet
|  |   +- Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everSpam-I-Am
|  |   `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
|  |    `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everMichael Pendragon
|  |     `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
|  |      `* Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everMack A. Damia
|  |       +- Re: "Nancy with the Laughing Face"General-Zod
|  |       `- Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everNancyGene
|  +- Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everGeorge J. Dance
|  `- Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everMichael Pendragon
`- Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs everSpam-I-Am

1
Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<cc091d90-dfa4-4d35-a12f-142be5009059n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173683&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173683

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 12:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 19:32 UTC

We had the misfortune of being tortured by Wings songs this afternoon, via "The Blend" on SiriusXM.

"My Love"
[...]
"And when the cupboard's bare
I'll still find something there with my love
It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
And my love does it good'

(They did it bad.)

We also hate "Maybe I'm Amazed." Irritating and annoying:

"Maybe I'm a man
And maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me
Baby, won't you help me to understand?"

(No.)

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<XnsAF29B776F68DPantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173737&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173737

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:02:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:02 UTC

NancyGene <nancygene.andjayme@gmail.com> wrote in

> We had the misfortune of being tortured by Wings songs this afternoon,
> via "The Blend" on SiriusXM.
>
> "My Love"
> [...]
> "And when the cupboard's bare
> I'll still find something there with my love
> It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
> And my love does it good'
>
> (They did it bad.)
>
> We also hate "Maybe I'm Amazed." Irritating and annoying:
>
> "Maybe I'm a man
> And maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me
> Baby, won't you help me to understand?"
>
> (No.)

You have no idea how bad McCartney gets then. One of the records I was
given, by what obviously was a tone deaf fuckweasel, was "London Town".
Let's start with this:

https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-morse-moose-and-the-grey-
goose-lyrics

If you made it past that travesty, this will finish you off.

https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-let-em-in-lyrics

Get an enemy to look it over first. Believe me, you'll get even.

Let's not forget the awful "Wonderful Christmastime". On second thought,
use BraneBleech" and don't spare it. Put simply, the chorus is this:

[Chorus]
"We're simply having a wonderful Christmastime

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent self.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<262f7006-415c-4973-a114-56e648d3c8f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173740&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173740

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:28 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:02:12 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > We had the misfortune of being tortured by Wings songs this afternoon,
> > via "The Blend" on SiriusXM.
> >
> > "My Love"
> > [...]
> > "And when the cupboard's bare
> > I'll still find something there with my love
> > It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
> > And my love does it good'
> >
> > (They did it bad.)
> >
> > We also hate "Maybe I'm Amazed." Irritating and annoying:
> >
> > "Maybe I'm a man
> > And maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me
> > Baby, won't you help me to understand?"
> >
> > (No.)
> You have no idea how bad McCartney gets then. One of the records I was
> given, by what obviously was a tone deaf fuckweasel, was "London Town".

The gifter must have hated you.

> Let's start with this:
>
> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-morse-moose-and-the-grey-
> goose-lyrics ]
That was terrible. How many times did he say "(This is the Morse Moose calling)"? Might make a question on Jeopardy. It was made worse by his wife being there.

> If you made it past that travesty, this will finish you off.

> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-let-em-in-lyrics

That one we know and hate. How many terrible songs could they put out? Better that they should have killed themselves.

> Get an enemy to look it over first. Believe me, you'll get even.
Ha, play it on the borders.

> Let's not forget the awful "Wonderful Christmastime". On second thought,
> use BraneBleech" and don't spare it. Put simply, the chorus is this:
That one we know also. We change the channel.

> [Chorus]
> "We're simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime"

Such variety in their lyrics and all the lines rhyme!

Do you also hate "Silly Love Songs?" That one makes us puke. We didn't like any of McCartney's songs after the Beatles broke up. He had no clothes.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<XnsAF29BF2774140PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173742&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173742

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:47:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:47 UTC

> On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:02:12 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> > We had the misfortune of being tortured by Wings songs this
>> > afternoon, via "The Blend" on SiriusXM.
>> >
>> > "My Love"
>> > [...]
>> > "And when the cupboard's bare
>> > I'll still find something there with my love
>> > It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
>> > And my love does it good'
>> >
>> > (They did it bad.)
>> >
>> > We also hate "Maybe I'm Amazed." Irritating and annoying:
>> >
>> > "Maybe I'm a man
>> > And maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me
>> > Baby, won't you help me to understand?"
>> >
>> > (No.)
>> You have no idea how bad McCartney gets then. One of the records I
>> was given, by what obviously was a tone deaf fuckweasel, was "London
>> Town".
>
> The gifter must have hated you.
>
>> Let's start with this:
>>
>> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-morse-moose-and-the-grey-
>> goose-lyrics ]
> That was terrible. How many times did he say "(This is the Morse
> Moose calling)"? Might make a question on Jeopardy. It was made
> worse by his wife being there.
>>
>> If you made it past that travesty, this will finish you off.
>
>> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-let-em-in-lyrics
>
> That one we know and hate. How many terrible songs could they put
> out? Better that they should have killed themselves.
>>
>> Get an enemy to look it over first. Believe me, you'll get even.
> Ha, play it on the borders.
>>
>> Let's not forget the awful "Wonderful Christmastime". On second
>> thought, use BraneBleech" and don't spare it. Put simply, the chorus
>> is this:
> That one we know also. We change the channel.
>>
>> [Chorus]
>> "We're simply having a wonderful Christmastime
>> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
>> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
>> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
>> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime"
>
> Such variety in their lyrics and all the lines rhyme!
>
> Do you also hate "Silly Love Songs?" That one makes us puke. We
> didn't like any of McCartney's songs after the Beatles broke up. He
> had no clothes.

I would have added that but I'm always worried that the War Crimes
Tribunal will justifiably show up on my doorstep. Mr. Barry seems to
evaded their clutches so I'll let him take the blame below.

From Dave Barry's _Book of Bad Songs_

"There are a lot more bad love songs, but in my opinion one of the
worst, when you consider who wrote it, is �Silly Love Songs� by Paul
McCartney because it...it...how do I find the words...it just sucks .
And so does �My Love,� wherein Paul, apparently too busy to write actual
words, goes with:
Wo wo wo wo
Wo wo wo wo
My love does it good!
The
big question is: What happened to Paul? Did his brain get taken over by
aliens from the Planet Twinkie? I mean, he was a Beatle , for goshsakes,
a certified genius , a man who wrote dozens of truly great songs,
including such butt-kicking rockers as �I�m Down,� and then for some
mysterious reason he began cranking out songs like �Uncle Albert/Admiral
Halsey,� �Listen to What the Man Said,� and �Let �Em In,� which
expresses this powerful and universal theme:
Someone�s knockin� at the
door
Somebody�s ringin� the bell
Someone�s knockin� at the door

Somebody�s ringin� the bell
Do me a favor, open the door
And let �em in

Paul also got a number of votes in the Bad Song Survey for one line
in �Live and Let Die�: �But if this ever-changing world in which we live
in...� Mr. McCartney, step up and receive your Certificate of Redundancy
Certificate!"

While you mentioned two of them, Dave beat you to them by a couple of
decades. Incidentally, I posted the results from his newspaper column
back then on my office whiteboard. A few of my female colleagues
commented on how many of the 45's of the songs they owned growing up.

<AHEM>

A book well worth the read. "Hooty, Hooty Sapperticker" should have been
#1 but you only can pick one or else let them all tie. It's mercifully
short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oSrrDMX54

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent
self.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<7454198d-bbaa-4b88-a87c-7d80f06c0880n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173805&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173805

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 04:15:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:15 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:47:31 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:02:12 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> > wrote:
> >> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in

> >> You have no idea how bad McCartney gets then. One of the records I
> >> was given, by what obviously was a tone deaf fuckweasel, was "London
> >> Town".
> >
> > The gifter must have hated you.
> >
> >> Let's start with this:
> >>
> >> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-morse-moose-and-the-grey-
> >> goose-lyrics ]
> > That was terrible. How many times did he say "(This is the Morse
> > Moose calling)"? Might make a question on Jeopardy. It was made
> > worse by his wife being there.
> >>
> >> If you made it past that travesty, this will finish you off.
> >
> >> https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-let-em-in-lyrics
> >
> > That one we know and hate. How many terrible songs could they put
> > out? Better that they should have killed themselves.
> >>
> >> Get an enemy to look it over first. Believe me, you'll get even.
> > Ha, play it on the borders.
> >>
> >> Let's not forget the awful "Wonderful Christmastime". On second
> >> thought, use BraneBleech" and don't spare it. Put simply, the chorus
> >> is this:
> > That one we know also. We change the channel.
> >>
> >> [Chorus]
> >> "We're simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> >> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> >> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> >> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
> >> Simply having a wonderful Christmastime"
> >
> > Such variety in their lyrics and all the lines rhyme!
> >
> > Do you also hate "Silly Love Songs?" That one makes us puke. We
> > didn't like any of McCartney's songs after the Beatles broke up. He
> > had no clothes.
> >
> I would have added that but I'm always worried that the War Crimes
> Tribunal will justifiably show up on my doorstep. Mr. Barry seems to
> evaded their clutches so I'll let him take the blame below.
>
> From Dave Barry's _Book of Bad Songs_
>
> "There are a lot more bad love songs, but in my opinion one of the
> worst, when you consider who wrote it, is “Silly Love Songs” by Paul
> McCartney because it...it...how do I find the words...it just sucks .
> And so does “My Love,” wherein Paul, apparently too busy to write actual
> words, goes with:
> Wo wo wo wo
> Wo wo wo wo
> My love does it good!

It makes us cringe every time it comes on the radio (and we change the station).

> The
> big question is: What happened to Paul? Did his brain get taken over by
> aliens from the Planet Twinkie? I mean, he was a Beatle , for goshsakes,
> a certified genius , a man who wrote dozens of truly great songs,
> including such butt-kicking rockers as “I’m Down,” and then for some
> mysterious reason he began cranking out songs like “Uncle Albert/Admiral
> Halsey,” “Listen to What the Man Said,” and “Let ’Em In,” which
> expresses this powerful and universal theme:
> Someone’s knockin’ at the
> door
> Somebody’s ringin’ the bell
> Someone’s knockin’ at the door
>
> Somebody’s ringin’ the bell
> Do me a favor, open the door
> And let ’em in

We would call the police if someone was trying to do a home invasion like that. And keep a gun nearby.

> Paul also got a number of votes in the Bad Song Survey for one line
> in “Live and Let Die”: “But if this ever-changing world in which we live
> in...” Mr. McCartney, step up and receive your Certificate of Redundancy
> Certificate!"

Yes, and the repetition of "You know you did" six times in the song! There are many rhyming words in the English language besides cry and die, but McCartney did not use them. Lazy song writing.

> While you mentioned two of them, Dave beat you to them by a couple of
> decades. Incidentally, I posted the results from his newspaper column
> back then on my office whiteboard. A few of my female colleagues
> commented on how many of the 45's of the songs they owned growing up.
>
> <AHEM>

Ha, ha. But you were a babe magnet despite your music tastes.

> A book well worth the read. "Hooty, Hooty Sapperticker" should have been
> #1 but you only can pick one or else let them all tie. It's mercifully
> short.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oSrrDMX54
Awful. We guess he can't blame it on Yoko.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<d115cc96-4c19-4ca0-a664-0f2c19df10ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173807&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173807

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 04:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:25 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 3:33:00 PM UTC-4, NancyGene wrote:
> We had the misfortune of being tortured by Wings songs this afternoon, via "The Blend" on SiriusXM.
>
> "My Love"
> [...]
> "And when the cupboard's bare
> I'll still find something there with my love
> It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
> And my love does it good'
>
> (They did it bad.)
>
> We also hate "Maybe I'm Amazed." Irritating and annoying:
>
> "Maybe I'm a man
> And maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me
> Baby, won't you help me to understand?"
>
> (No.)

Paul McCartney played a stadium gig in Baltimore this past summer,
and a lot of my stagehand friends made a couple of good paychecks,
but he’s a vegetarian, so there were no Wings on the catering buffet.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<XnsAF2A526BE1C33PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173811&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173811

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:06:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:06 UTC

> On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:47:31 PM UTC, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>> NancyGene <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > The gifter must have hated you.

>> > That was terrible. How many times did he say "(This is the Morse
>> > Moose calling)"? Might make a question on Jeopardy. It was made
>> > worse by his wife being there.

>> > That one we know and hate. How many terrible songs could they put
>> > out? Better that they should have killed themselves.

>> > Ha, play it on the borders.

>> > That one we know also. We change the channel.

>> > Such variety in their lyrics and all the lines rhyme!
>> >
>> > Do you also hate "Silly Love Songs?" That one makes us puke. We
>> > didn't like any of McCartney's songs after the Beatles broke up. He
>> > had no clothes.
>> >
>> I would have added that but I'm always worried that the War Crimes
>> Tribunal will justifiably show up on my doorstep. Mr. Barry seems to
>> evaded their clutches so I'll let him take the blame below.
>>
>> From Dave Barry's _Book of Bad Songs_
>>
>> "There are a lot more bad love songs, but in my opinion one of the
>> worst, when you consider who wrote it, is “Silly Love Songs�
> � by Paul
>> McCartney because it...it...how do I find the words...it just sucks .
>> And so does “My Love,” wherein Paul, apparently too busy
> to write actual
>> words, goes with:
>> Wo wo wo wo
>> Wo wo wo wo
>> My love does it good!
>
> It makes us cringe every time it comes on the radio (and we change the
> station).

What makes it worse is that it encourages incoherent pissbums to think
they can write songs. I'm sure you can think of an example.

>> The
>> big question is: What happened to Paul? Did his brain get taken over
>> by
>
>> aliens from the Planet Twinkie? I mean, he was a Beatle , for
>> goshsakes,
>
>> a certified genius , a man who wrote dozens of truly great songs,
>> including such butt-kicking rockers as “I’m Down,�
> � and then for some
>> mysterious reason he began cranking out songs like “Uncle Albert/
> Admiral
>> Halsey,” “Listen to What the Man Said,” and �
> ��Let ’Em In,” which
>> expresses this powerful and universal theme:
>> Someone’s knockin’ at the
>> door
>> Somebody’s ringin’ the bell
>> Someone’s knockin’ at the door
>>
>> Somebody’s ringin’ the bell
>> Do me a favor, open the door
>> And let ’em in
>
> We would call the police if someone was trying to do a home invasion
> like that. And keep a gun nearby.

There's also the boring pap that just defies description such as "Listen
To What The Man Said".
https://genius.com/Paul-mccartney-and-wings-listen-to-what-the-man-said-l
yrics

I won't post the entire lyrics but he seems to be contradicting himself
in consecutive sentences. Kind of like some postings here.

"Oh yes, indeed we know
That people will find a way to go
No matter what the man said
And love is fine for all we know
For all we know, our love will grow
That's what the man said
So won't you listen to what the man said?
He said

[instrumental break]"

Ferfuckssake, the whole song is about what the imaginary "man" said and
once you get to that point you break it off for a lame bar or two of
music? Even Tony-fucking-Orlando wouldn't get caught dead singing this
crap.

>> Paul also got a number of votes in the Bad Song Survey for one line
>> in “Live and Let Die”: “But if this ever-changing
> world in which we live
>> in...” Mr. McCartney, step up and receive your Certificate of Red
> undancy
>> Certificate!"
>
> Yes, and the repetition of "You know you did" six times in the song!
> There are many rhyming words in the English language besides cry and
> die, but McCartney did not use them. Lazy song writing.

It encourages talentless losers like the Dreckweasel to imagine they
could be famous. It's a cruel joke.
>> While you mentioned two of them, Dave beat you to them by a couple of
>> decades. Incidentally, I posted the results from his newspaper column
>> back then on my office whiteboard. A few of my female colleagues
>> commented on how many of the 45's of the songs they owned growing up.
>>
>> <AHEM>
>
> Ha, ha. But you were a babe magnet despite your music tastes.

The point here is that you move on from Tiger Beat and throw out the
45s. But the damage was done, I couldn't take them seriously after that.

>> A book well worth the read. "Hooty, Hooty Sapperticker" should have
>> been
>
>> #1 but you only can pick one or else let them all tie. It's
>> mercifully short.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oSrrDMX54

> Awful. We guess he can't blame it on Yoko.
You can blame anything on Yoko. But Linda McCartney is worse.

I'll leave you with the original article that became a book.

https://www.cs.umd.edu/~gasarch/HUMOR/worstsongs.html

Another:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-01-17-1993017237-story.html

Even Wiki has an entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Barry%27s_Book_of_Bad_Songs

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent self.

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<thrvf8$6pib$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173813&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173813

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:54:47 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 13:54 UTC

On 2022-10-07 6:47 p.m., Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
snip

> Paul also got a number of votes in the Bad Song Survey for one line
> in “Live and Let Die”: “But if this ever-changing world in which we live
> in...” Mr. McCartney, step up and receive your Certificate of Redundancy
> Certificate!"

The line is: "But if this ever-changing world in which we're livin' ...”

Next time, it may be best to confine your "surveys" to the literate.

snip

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<1de901a7-9d74-407d-bb4a-2ce8dd556290n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173824&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173824

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 08:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 15:04 UTC

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:06:10 AM UTC-4, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> [...]
> >> A book well worth the read. "Hooty, Hooty Sapperticker" should have
> >> been
> >
> >> #1 but you only can pick one or else let them all tie. It's
> >> mercifully short.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oSrrDMX54
>
> > Awful. We guess he can't blame it on Yoko.
> You can blame anything on Yoko. But Linda McCartney is worse.
>
> I'll leave you with the original article that became a book.
>
> https://www.cs.umd.edu/~gasarch/HUMOR/worstsongs.html
>
> Another:
> https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-01-17-1993017237-story.html
>
> Even Wiki has an entry:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Barry%27s_Book_of_Bad_Songs
> --
> "If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
> subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent self.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<XnsAF2A7674818BBPantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173825&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173825

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 15:38:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 15:38 UTC

Spam-I-Am <hieronymous707@gmail.com> wrote in

<e066e36e-9ef5-464a-945b-87e5f9db14a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173826&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173826

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 08:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 15:49 UTC

<be17023d-361f-4ce4-acfe-ce82d988ff2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173833&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173833

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:22:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:22 UTC

<ac627495-3714-48f7-86bb-5b2051b9a9bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173836&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173836

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:49 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 6:47:31 PM UTC-4, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> [...]
> in...” Mr. McCartney, step up and receive your Certificate of Redundancy
> Certificate!"
>
> While you mentioned two of them, Dave beat you to them by a couple of
> decades. Incidentally, I posted the results from his newspaper column
> back then on my office whiteboard. A few of my female colleagues
> commented on how many of the 45's of the songs they owned growing up.
>
> <AHEM>
>
> A book well worth the read. "Hooty, Hooty Sapperticker" should have been
> #1 but you only can pick one or else let them all tie. It's mercifully
> short.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oSrrDMX54
> --
> "If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
> subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent

How can anyone not love "Hooty Sapperticker?"

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<5cefc83e-e7c0-4d61-8801-0e2f2aa96f18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173837&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173837

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:54 UTC

<bcf6eb97-d668-47bb-8232-88fe644a78dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173839&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173839

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 17:05 UTC

<l3d3kh14fpncpfactkgargu7spdk08eh9u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173846&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173846

From: drsteerf...@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 10:35:24 -0700
References: <XnsAF29BF2774140PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <7454198d-bbaa-4b88-a87c-7d80f06c0880n@googlegroups.com> <XnsAF2A526BE1C33PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <1de901a7-9d74-407d-bb4a-2ce8dd556290n@googlegroups.com> <XnsAF2A7674818BBPantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <be17023d-361f-4ce4-acfe-ce82d988ff2dn@googlegroups.com> <5cefc83e-e7c0-4d61-8801-0e2f2aa96f18n@googlegroups.com> <bcf6eb97-d668-47bb-8232-88fe644a78dbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Mack A. Damia - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 17:35 UTC

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT), NancyGene
<nancygene.andjayme@gmail.com> wrote:

>No, that was Nancy(Gene) with the laughing face. However, we grant you:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2HuRw8dlg

RE: "Nancy with the Laughing Face".

Did you know that Phil Silvers (Sgt. Bilko) wrote the lyrics to that
song?

Re: "Nancy with the Laughing Face"

<8d780b7086891e2d5c952925c709182d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173860&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173860

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:14:45 +0000
Subject: Re: "Nancy with the Laughing Face"
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <XnsAF29BF2774140PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <7454198d-bbaa-4b88-a87c-7d80f06c0880n@googlegroups.com> <XnsAF2A526BE1C33PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <1de901a7-9d74-407d-bb4a-2ce8dd556290n@googlegroups.com> <XnsAF2A7674818BBPantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247> <be17023d-361f-4ce4-acfe-ce82d988ff2dn@googlegroups.com> <5cefc83e-e7c0-4d61-8801-0e2f2aa96f18n@googlegroups.com> <bcf6eb97-d668-47bb-8232-88fe644a78dbn@googlegroups.com> <l3d3kh14fpncpfactkgargu7spdk08eh9u@4ax.com>
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:14 UTC

Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT), NancyGene
> <nancygene.andjayme@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>No, that was Nancy(Gene) with the laughing face. However, we grant you:
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2HuRw8dlg

> RE: "Nancy with the Laughing Face".

> Did you know that Phil Silvers (Sgt. Bilko) wrote the lyrics to that
> song?

Cool trivia, Mack...

Re: Paul McCartney's "Wings" put out some of the worst songs ever

<964dd2b0-c1e1-420c-8710-9ec558a4b3c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173861&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#173861

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 13:08:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:08 UTC

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 5:35:29 PM UTC, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT), NancyGene
> <nancygene...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >No, that was Nancy(Gene) with the laughing face. However, we grant you:
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2HuRw8dlg
> RE: "Nancy with the Laughing Face".
>
> Did you know that Phil Silvers (Sgt. Bilko) wrote the lyrics to that
> song?
Yes, but we forgot, so thanks for the reminder. Mr. Silvers doesn't seem to have written any other lyrics, but he was a singer early in his career. Maybe, being friends with Jimmy Van Heusen, he thought one day "I could do that!"