May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.

arts / rec.arts.tv / For the HBO-challenged like myself

SubjectAuthor
* For the HBO-challenged like myselfsuper70s
+* Re: For the HBO-challenged like myselfAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: For the HBO-challenged like myselfsuper70s
`* Re: For the HBO-challenged like myselfmoviePig
 `* Re: For the HBO-challenged like myselfsuper70s
  `- Re: For the HBO-challenged like myselfmoviePig

1
For the HBO-challenged like myself

<super70s-FBA27D.11311102022023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174009&group=rec.arts.tv#174009

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: For the HBO-challenged like myself
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 11:31:11 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 17:31 UTC

CNN Communications Press Releases
January 30th, 2023

OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET

Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.

OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
politics, and more.

Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
"consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.

The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.

###

Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself

<trgscb$vqsp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174014&group=rec.arts.tv#174014

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 17:37:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 17:37 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>CNN Communications Press Releases
>January 30th, 2023

>OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
>Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET

Pretty much, Maher's guests refuse to go home and they keep yapping. But
it's not made for HBO and it's never been exclusive content for HBO
subscribers. It's always had a YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXu0KGN_v8UPf5CCFFto3A/videos

>Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
>OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
>Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.

>OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
>answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
>WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
>politics, and more.

>Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
>HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
>"consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
>OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.

>The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
>Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
>producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.

>###

Does it remain on YouTube or not?

Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself

<KcTCL.546385$iU59.498548@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174020&group=rec.arts.tv#174020

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 13:23:38 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 18:23 UTC

On 2/2/2023 12:31 PM, super70s wrote:
> CNN Communications Press Releases
> January 30th, 2023
>
> OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
> Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET
>
> Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
> OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
> Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.
>
> OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
> answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
> WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
> politics, and more.
>
> Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
> HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
> "consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
> OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.
>
> The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
> Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
> producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.

Afaics, I'll welcome this. Last time I watched an 'Overtime', it ran
only 5-10 minutes, which a CNN slot seems likely to make a half-hour.
Also, it'll be easier to DVR.

Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself

<super70s-FD469E.14533802022023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174036&group=rec.arts.tv#174036

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 14:53:38 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 20:53 UTC

In article <trgscb$vqsp$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> >CNN Communications Press Releases
> >January 30th, 2023
>
> >OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
> >Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET
>
> Pretty much, Maher's guests refuse to go home and they keep yapping. But
> it's not made for HBO and it's never been exclusive content for HBO
> subscribers. It's always had a YouTube channel.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXu0KGN_v8UPf5CCFFto3A/videos

It's better than nothing I guess. I only get to see HBO every 6-12
months when they offer a free preview, I wasn't even aware of the
"Overtime" thing.

I guess I could always watch the real Real Time on YouTube if I wanted
to make the effort.

> >Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
> >OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
> >Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.
>
> >OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
> >answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
> >WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
> >politics, and more.
>
> >Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
> >HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
> >"consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
> >OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.
>
> >The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
> >Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
> >producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.
>
> >###
>
> Does it remain on YouTube or not?

I would think so, if just for those who don't subscribe to regular cable
or subscribe to HBO Max only. Or don't even get either.

Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself

<super70s-19629B.19024404022023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174336&group=rec.arts.tv#174336

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 19:02:45 -0600
 by: super70s - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 01:02 UTC

In article <KcTCL.546385$iU59.498548@fx14.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/2023 12:31 PM, super70s wrote:
> > CNN Communications Press Releases
> > January 30th, 2023
> >
> > OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
> > Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET
> >
> > Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
> > OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
> > Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.
> >
> > OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
> > answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
> > WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
> > politics, and more.
> >
> > Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
> > HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
> > "consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
> > OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.
> >
> > The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
> > Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
> > producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.
>
> Afaics, I'll welcome this. Last time I watched an 'Overtime', it ran
> only 5-10 minutes, which a CNN slot seems likely to make a half-hour.
> Also, it'll be easier to DVR.

It was only 10 minutes, an awful lot of ballyhoo from CNN for something
that brief. Bet a lot of people were pissed and won't go out of their
way to watch it again.

Re: For the HBO-challenged like myself

<4aFDL.603343$iS99.120883@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174353&group=rec.arts.tv#174353

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 22:14:07 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 03:14 UTC

On 2/4/2023 8:02 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <KcTCL.546385$iU59.498548@fx14.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/2023 12:31 PM, super70s wrote:
>>> CNN Communications Press Releases
>>> January 30th, 2023
>>>
>>> OVERTIME, The Real Time with Bill Maher Post-Show Segment Comes to CNN
>>> Friday Nights at 11:30PM ET
>>>
>>> Los Angeles, CA - January 30, 2023 - HBO's popular post-show segment
>>> OVERTIME is coming to CNN on Friday nights at 11:30pm ET. Starting
>>> Friday, February 3rd it will air during CNN Tonight.
>>>
>>> OVERTIME features Maher and his guests continuing the discussion and
>>> answering viewer questions following each week's episode of REAL TIME
>>> WITH BILL MAHER. Topics include news of the day, culture, business,
>>> politics, and more.
>>>
>>> Maher headlined his first special on HBO in 1989 and has starred in 12
>>> HBO solo specials to date. Recognized as having the ability to
>>> "consistently get people talking" and an "eclectic guest list," Maher's
>>> OVERTIME joins several other recent partnerships between HBO and CNN.
>>>
>>> The executive producers of REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER are Bill Maher,
>>> Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin; co-executive
>>> producer, Chris Kelly; producer, Matt Wood; director, Paul Casey.
>>
>> Afaics, I'll welcome this. Last time I watched an 'Overtime', it ran
>> only 5-10 minutes, which a CNN slot seems likely to make a half-hour.
>> Also, it'll be easier to DVR.
>
> It was only 10 minutes, an awful lot of ballyhoo from CNN for something
> that brief. Bet a lot of people were pissed and won't go out of their
> way to watch it again.

I forgot to go out of my way. And now that I know it's still only 10
minutes, I'm unlikely to remember next time...