From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect
Subject: Bill Maher Roasts Woke Revolutionaries Who Scream At "Reality", Say Biology Is A "Theory"
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 04:30:47 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 09:30 UTC

Comedian Bill Maher blasted woke revolutionaries who think they can change
human nature during his show Friday, drawing parallels between the woke
movement in the U.S. and the Chinese Cultural Revolution.

During Friday�s episode of HBO�s �Real Time with Bill Maher,� Maher took aim
at leftist activists, saying that they are actually fighting a war with
reality and biology.

�If you�re part of today�s woke revolution, you need to study the part of
revolutions where they spin out of control because the revolutionaries get so
drunk on their purifying elixir, they imagine they can reinvent the very
nature of human beings,� Maher said.

If you're part of today's woke revolution, you need to study the
part of revolutions where they spin out of control.
pic.twitter.com/IYNfDhtR0C

� Bill Maher (@billmaher) February 4, 2023

Maher then discussed communists, who he said believed that they could
selfishness from humanity.

�The problem with communism, and with some very recent ideologies here at
home is that they think they can change reality by screaming at it, that you
can bend human nature by holding your breath. But that�s the difference
between reality and your mommy,� Maher said.

The comedian also joked that he had asked ChatGPT about similarities between
Mao Zedong�s Cultural Revolution in China and the woke revolutionaries of
today, saying that it responded by asking him how much time he had.

Maher referenced Mao�s war on the Four Olds of old thinking, old culture, old
customs, and old habits before he compared communist reeducation programs to
freshman orientation at American universities.

To back up his claims, Maher pointed to Jason Kilborn, a law professor who
was disciplined for alluding to racial slurs in a test question about racial
bias, and Winston Marshall, a former banjo player for Mumford and Sons who
was criticized after sharing that he liked a book by Andy Ngo.

During the monologue, Maher also blasted those who think they can erase
gender and make obesity healthy by creating a new human.

�With communists, that human was no longer selfish. In America today, that
human is no longer born male or female. And obesity is not something that
affects health. You can be healthy at any size. Seriously, we voted on it,�
Maher said.

Maher, who has been critical of gender theory in the past, blasted The
Atlantic as a �formerly serious magazine� because it had published an article
about not segregating sports by sex.

�I�ve spent three decades on TV mocking Republicans who said climate change
was just a theory,� he concluded. �And now I got to deal with people who say,
�You know what else is just a theory? Biology.��

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Bill Maher Roasts Woke Revolutionaries Who Scream At "Reality", Say Biology Is A "Theory"

<atropos-208943.09043106022023@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174499&group=rec.arts.tv#174499

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 09:04:31 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:04 UTC

In article <trqtb7$32nc9$9@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Comedian Bill Maher blasted woke revolutionaries who think they can change
> human nature during his show Friday, drawing parallels between the woke
> movement in the U.S. and the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
>
> During Friday�s episode of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Maher took aim
> at leftist activists, saying that they are actually fighting a war with
> reality and biology.
>
> "If you�re part of today's woke revolution, you need to study the part of
> revolutions where they spin out of control because the revolutionaries get
> so drunk on their purifying elixir, they imagine they can reinvent the very
> nature of human beings," Maher said.
>
> Maher then discussed communists, who he said believed that they could
> selfishness from humanity.
>
> "The problem with communism, and with some very recent ideologies here at
> home is that they think they can change reality by screaming at it, that you
> can bend human nature by holding your breath. But that's the difference
> between reality and your mommy," Maher said.
>
> The comedian also joked that he had asked ChatGPT about similarities between
> Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution in China and the woke revolutionaries of
> today, saying that it responded by asking him how much time he had.

LOL! Even the AI that will eventually become our overlord can see the
direct congruence between today's 'progressives' and full-on communists.

> Maher referenced Mao's war on the Four Olds of old thinking, old culture,
> old customs, and old habits before he compared communist reeducation
> programs to freshman orientation at American universities.

My friend's daughter just started college at Texas Tech and she was
required to take a "Combatting White Privilege" class that is nothing
but a typical communist struggle session right out of Mao's Little Red
Book.

And that's in Texas of all places. You can only imagine how much worse
it is in deep blue states like New York and California.

> During the monologue, Maher also blasted those who think they can erase
> gender and make obesity healthy by creating a new human.
>
> "With communists, that human was no longer selfish. In America today, that
> human is no longer born male or female. And obesity is not something that
> affects health. You can be healthy at any size. Seriously, we voted on it,"
> Maher said.
>
> Maher, who has been critical of gender theory in the past, blasted The
> Atlantic as a "formerly serious magazine" because it had published an
> article about not segregating sports by sex.
>
> "I've spent three decades on TV mocking Republicans who said climate
> change was just a theory," he concluded. "And now I got to deal with
> people who say, 'You know what else is just a theory? Biology.'"

Exactly. The same people who scream "Trust the science" and call
themselves the "party of science" when it comes to Wuhan Flu and
'climate change' are now saying that actual women aren't women and
biology itself is both bigoted and untrue.

The same people who call you a "conspiracy theorist" for your healthy
distrust of government also believe climate change is causing heart
attacks in pregnant men.

Re: Bill Maher Roasts Woke Revolutionaries Who Scream At "Reality", Say Biology Is A "Theory"

<isgEL.609583$iU59.252317@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174534&group=rec.arts.tv#174534

Subject: Re: Bill Maher Roasts Woke Revolutionaries Who Scream At "Reality",
Say Biology Is A "Theory"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:55:58 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 23:55 UTC

On 2/6/23 11:04 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <trqtb7$32nc9$9@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Comedian Bill Maher blasted woke revolutionaries who think they can change
>> human nature during his show Friday, drawing parallels between the woke
>> movement in the U.S. and the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
>>
>> During Friday’s episode of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Maher took aim
>> at leftist activists, saying that they are actually fighting a war with
>> reality and biology.
>>
>> "If you’re part of today's woke revolution, you need to study the part of
>> revolutions where they spin out of control because the revolutionaries get
>> so drunk on their purifying elixir, they imagine they can reinvent the very
>> nature of human beings," Maher said.
>>
>> Maher then discussed communists, who he said believed that they could
>> selfishness from humanity.
>>
>> "The problem with communism, and with some very recent ideologies here at
>> home is that they think they can change reality by screaming at it, that you
>> can bend human nature by holding your breath. But that's the difference
>> between reality and your mommy," Maher said.
>>
>> The comedian also joked that he had asked ChatGPT about similarities between
>> Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution in China and the woke revolutionaries of
>> today, saying that it responded by asking him how much time he had.
>
> LOL! Even the AI that will eventually become our overlord can see the
> direct congruence between today's 'progressives' and full-on communists.

What the fuck is a "full-on communist," someone that adheres to Karl
Marx's principles of the collective? It sounds like, as usual, you have
no idea what the fuck you're talking about.