This is now. Later is later.

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sRhino
+* Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sBTR1701
|`- Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'strotsky
+* Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sUbiquitous
|+* Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sRhino2
||`* Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sUbiquitous
|| `- Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sThe Horny Goat
|`- Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sThe Horny Goat
`- Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada'sThe Horny Goat

1
[OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<trtrrr$3mm8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174617&group=rec.arts.tv#174617

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 10:48:12 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 15:48 UTC

It seems that at least one sanctuary city, NYC, is putting out the "Not
Welcome Here" sign - and diverting illegal immigrants to Canada. They're
even buying the bus tickets to get them here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64489465

Of course OUR gutless country is effectively a member of the Open
Borders Club so they won't find a lot of obstacles here. All they have
to do is cross at Roxham Road, which is an *UNOFFICIAL* crossing and
they'll find Mounties there to help them with their luggage. (If they
try to cross at an official border crossing, they can be turned back but
at an unofficial crossing like Roxham Road, they get in.)

Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<atropos-38E094.09131507022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174632&group=rec.arts.tv#174632

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 09:13:15 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:13 UTC

In article <trtrrr$3mm8d$1@dont-email.me>,

> It seems that at least one sanctuary city, NYC, is putting out the "Not
> Welcome Here" sign - and diverting illegal immigrants to Canada. They're
> even buying the bus tickets to get them here.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64489465
>
> Of course OUR gutless country is effectively a member of the Open
> Borders Club so they won't find a lot of obstacles here. All they have
> to do is cross at Roxham Road, which is an *UNOFFICIAL* crossing and
> they'll find Mounties there to help them with their luggage. (If they
> try to cross at an official border crossing, they can be turned back but
> at an unofficial crossing like Roxham Road, they get in.)
>
> Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
> year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
> in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
> system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
> making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
> future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.

"Welcome to the party, pal!" --John McClane, DIE HARD

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<tru9m6$3rfc3$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174647&group=rec.arts.tv#174647

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:44:05 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:44 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
>year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
>in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
>system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
>making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
>future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.

It gets really cold in the winter there, doesn't it?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<611843aa-e144-4a0a-b8cb-9806749de18an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174667&group=rec.arts.tv#174667

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 14:23:56 -0800 (PST)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 22:23 UTC

On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 2:44:10 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offlin...@example.com wrote:
>
> >Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
> >year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
> >in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
> >system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
> >making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
> >future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.
> It gets really cold in the winter there, doesn't it?

That won't do much to thin out the herd of illegal immigrants. The first thing the government gives them when they arrive is warm winter clothing.

Twenty-odd years back, one of the (many) wives of the (then) dictator of Somalia was living somewhere here in Canada, on welfare. Despite being on welfare, she went back to Somalia multiple times a year to see her husband, the dictator. She was interviewed on the news and didn't seem to think there was anything "off" about that. I noticed she had nicer furniture than anything I've ever owned. I don't know if her husband sent her the money for that and she just kept it "off the books" or if the government had effectively bought it for her.

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<dkq6uhlbj2om806ii5bmijp20rn4i8r5ns@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174728&group=rec.arts.tv#174728

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 01:28:03 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 09:28 UTC

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 10:48:12 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
>year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
>in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
>system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
>making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
>future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.

Which for me is outrageous since while _I'm_ OK my kids aren't and
they're 30-somethings which is what my wife and I were when we bought
our first home and our kids are nowhere close.

Except for my second daughter who emigrated to the UK and her and
boyfriend bought a 150 year old place (which isn't as big a deal as it
would be in Canada) in Brighton south of London. She's in a line of
work where tele-commuting is reasonably common and in person meetings
with clients are mostly for presentations.

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<rpq6uhh2oooofgmn2e59u2qv0fc59hi4g4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174729&group=rec.arts.tv#174729

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 01:31:09 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 09:31 UTC

On Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:44:05 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>
>>Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
>>year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
>>in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
>>system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
>>making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
>>future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.
>
>It gets really cold in the winter there, doesn't it?

Compared to what?

Compared to Minneapolis Kitchener-Waterloo is rather tepid.

Compared to Florida K-W is "freezing your buns off".

Vancouver (where I am) is rather warmer in winter - it's high 7 low 3
(or if you prefer 44 and 38)

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<C6WEL.559973$8_id.261@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174831&group=rec.arts.tv#174831

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 17:20:02 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 23:20 UTC

On 2/8/23 5:52 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 February 2023 at 12:12:43 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <trtrrr$3mm8d$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It seems that at least one sanctuary city, NYC, is putting out the "Not
>>> Welcome Here" sign - and diverting illegal immigrants to Canada. They're
>>> even buying the bus tickets to get them here.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64489465
>>>
>>> Of course OUR gutless country is effectively a member of the Open
>>> Borders Club so they won't find a lot of obstacles here. All they have
>>> to do is cross at Roxham Road, which is an *UNOFFICIAL* crossing and
>>> they'll find Mounties there to help them with their luggage. (If they
>>> try to cross at an official border crossing, they can be turned back but
>>> at an unofficial crossing like Roxham Road, they get in.)
>>>
>>> Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
>>> year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
>>> in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
>>> system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
>>> making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
>>> future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.
>> "Welcome to the party, pal!" --John McClane, DIE HARD
>
> They found a family of some ethnicity frozen to death in the wilds of Manitoba trying to get from Canada into the U.S. Many of us wish it had been Trudeau.

Many of you anonyshit eunuchs? Does Canada breed UsenetQUEERS like you?

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<ts3ga2$oit1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174907&group=rec.arts.tv#174907

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 14:07:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:07 UTC

hughmunguscan@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 2:44:10 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> no_offlin...@example.com wrote:

>>> Trudeau, who has already said our goal is to take in 500,000 newcomers a
>>> year - an unprecedented high number in a country that was already taking
>>> in a lot of people - isn't going to lower the numbers despite a health
>>> system that is on the verge of collapse and housing prices that are
>>> making home ownership practically unthinkable. I'm sure he just sees
>>> future Liberal voters and that trumps all other considerations.
>>
>> It gets really cold in the winter there, doesn't it?
>
> That won't do much to thin out the herd of illegal immigrants.
> The first thing the government gives them when they arrive is
> warm winter clothing.

That seems like short-sighted solution to me. ;-)

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] America's problem becomes Canada's

<3emduhpirrnlo4umpofu4k8e7b5hjs9p5b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175053&group=rec.arts.tv#175053

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:00:36 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 00:00 UTC

On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 14:07:45 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>> It gets really cold in the winter there, doesn't it?
>>
>> That won't do much to thin out the herd of illegal immigrants.
>> The first thing the government gives them when they arrive is
>> warm winter clothing.
>
>That seems like short-sighted solution to me. ;-)

Perhaps but having driven the highway from North Dakota to Winnipeg I
can tell you that somebody wearing summer gear could EASILY die if
they tried crossing that portion of the border in winter.

In January -30 on that stretch of road is WARM even if there is no
wind blowing which is almost never.

Even Canadian and American conservative legislators of the "one is too
many" sort would be adverse to "bodies on the border".

This isn't west Texas or California we're talking here.

(And yes I have personally driven that highway in mid-winter)