From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Her Gay Kiss Scene Was Cut From "Scooby Doo" Movie
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 07:29:28 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 12:29 UTC

Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar revealed in a recent interview that she was
supposed to kiss costar Linda Cardellini in the 2002 film �Scooby-Doo� � but
that the scene had been cut from the final release along with a joke �outing�
Freddie Prinze Jr.�s character as potentially bisexual.

Gellar, who played Daphne in the movie alongside Cardellini�s Velma, told
Bravo�s Andy Cohen on Thursday that they had actually filmed the steamy scene
only to see it cut � and according to script author James Gunn, his original
intent had been to go much further than a kiss.

�In 2001, Velma was explicitly gay in my initial script. But the studio just
kept watering it down and watering it down, becoming ambiguous (the version
shot), then nothing (the released version) and finally having a boyfriend
(the sequel),� Gunn said of the project.

Gellar confirmed that vision during the �After Show� portion of Cohen�s
�Watch What Happens Live� � saying, �There was a steamy kiss. It got cut.
There was an actual kiss between Daphne and Velma that got cut. I feel like
the world wants to see it. I don�t know where it is.�

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/zZJngECLCFU

According to Gellar, the entire movie had been pitched to the main actors �
also including Matthew Lillard as �Shaggy� � as �less family friendly� than
the long-running animated series. And for Gellar, that was a key selling
point.

She also recalled one specific line that had been cut � a line that had cast
ambiguity over Fred�s sexuality � that she was supposed to deliver during a
fight with Prinze Jr.�s character.

�There was a great line too that I�ll never forget. Daphne and Fred were
having a fight and I yell at him, �That ascot makes you look gay!� I slam the
door [at him]. They cut that, too,� Gellar said. �I think that was the reason
I signed onto the movie. It�s something everyone�s thought for a long time.
There�s always been an implication about Fred being interested in both
parties. It all got cut.�

The new series on HBOMax, called �Velma� and featuring actress Mindy Kaling,
has taken Gunn�s vision and applied it liberally, making the character openly
gay.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Her Gay Kiss Scene Was Cut From "Scooby Doo" Movie

<atropos-7340D5.09115507022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174630&group=rec.arts.tv#174630

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 09:11:55 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:11 UTC

In article <trtg78$3nh3r$9@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar revealed in a recent interview that she was
> supposed to kiss costar Linda Cardellini in the 2002 film SCOOBY-DOO

Rowr!

> but that the scene had been cut from the final release

You can get a copy of it in the same bin in European video stores as the
nekkidly-nude Jill Wagner version of BLADE.

Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Her Gay Kiss Scene Was Cut From "Scooby Doo" Movie

<cde2e50b-f6ae-4b25-8ef6-c0a7a4d16d35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174637&group=rec.arts.tv#174637

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 09:49:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Her Gay Kiss Scene Was Cut From
"Scooby Doo" Movie
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:49 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> “There was a great line too that I’ll never forget. Daphne and Fred were
> having a fight and I yell at him, ‘That ascot makes you look gay!’ I slam the
> door [at him]. They cut that, too,” Gellar said. “I think that was the reason
> I signed onto the movie. It’s something everyone’s thought for a long time.
> There’s always been an implication about Fred being interested in both
> parties. It all got cut.”

No, there's never been any implication that Fred was gay and outside of
the fevered fan-fiction of deranged trannies, nobody ever thought that
was the case; it was a cartoon for CHILDREN.

Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Her Gay Kiss Scene Was Cut From "Scooby Doo" Movie

<55c55fb1-77bc-4291-a65d-c3c570f8190en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174640&group=rec.arts.tv#174640

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 10:13:10 -0800 (PST)
"Scooby Doo" Movie
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:13 UTC

On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 12:49:29 PM UTC-5, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > “There was a great line too that I’ll never forget. Daphne and Fred were
> > having a fight and I yell at him, ‘That ascot makes you look gay!’ I slam the
> > door [at him]. They cut that, too,” Gellar said. “I think that was the reason
> > I signed onto the movie. It’s something everyone’s thought for a long time.
> > There’s always been an implication about Fred being interested in both
> > parties. It all got cut.”

> No, there's never been any implication that Fred was gay and outside of
> the fevered fan-fiction of deranged trannies, nobody ever thought that
> was the case; it was a cartoon for CHILDREN.

Then I don't recommend watching the new Scooby show minus Scooby called 'Velma'

Episode 8 was little more than a series of gay flashbacks.

If it had been 'Will and Grace' funny, it would have been tolerable. Instead it was 24 minutes of screeching whining vague pop culture references with incessant Velma mooning love sickness over the hot girl.

archivist never destroy a document. This 1.6GB seed box download is a tempting first time trash-canner candidate