You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word. -- Al Capone

arts / rec.arts.tv / SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"

SubjectAuthor
* SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"tmc1982
+- Ubi the shithead abuses Usenet (was: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host,Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hwedad al
|`- Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hsuper70s
`- Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hThe Horny Goat

1
SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"

<nff19e06b-fb12-4a1d-b80b-6bcf8c69fd58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174883&group=rec.arts.tv#174883

Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Subject: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"
From: tmc1...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:28:12 -0800 (PST)
 by: tmc1...@gmail.com - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 02:28 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11724159/Prince-Harry-discussions-host-SNL-talks-stalled-11th-hour.html

By EMMA JAMES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:32 EST, 7 February 2023 | UPDATED: 17:49 EST, 7 February 2023

Prince Harry was in 'serious' talks to host Saturday Night Live in the run-up
to the January release of his memoir � but talks stalled at the final hurdle.

The Duke of Sussex was on a whirlwind TV tour talking about Spare before publication
and went on a number of high-profile US shows.

Producers on the long-running NBC show were keen to get the royal on board,
with Harry, 38, described as being 'all in.'

It is unclear what caused the discussions to stop, with many sources telling
PageSix that people would have 'definitely tuned in.'

One industry insider said: 'I know that Harry was all in. He was really serious
about doing it � and it would have been great fun as promo for the book.'

'SNL producers have been after Harry for a while. Everyone on the show was
really into the idea, and people would definitely have tuned in.'

Another confirmed the talks, adding: 'There's always lots of names in the mix,
but Harry was definitely a name being discussed.'

Lorne Michaels, creator and producer of the iconic show, would reportedly still
love to have Harry on the program even if it isn't to discuss his book.

A third insider said they could see the royal dad-of-two appearing as a 'surprise
in a sketch' rather than hosting.

NBC did not respond to a request for comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.

Ubi the shithead abuses Usenet (was: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour")

<ts39iv$nre4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174891&group=rec.arts.tv#174891

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 17:13:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 17:13 UTC

tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>https://www.dailymail. . . .

Not Terrence Clay but Ubi the shithead forging Terrence and abusing
Usenet by preloading headers. Stop Ubi the shithead. Post your followup
to the genuine Terrence Clay article, not Ubi's forgery.

Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"

<S7e0j3$jef$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174902&group=rec.arts.tv#174902

Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
From: wedad.a...@gmail.com (wedad al)
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 13:41:16 -0500
 by: wedad al - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:41 UTC

In article <nff19e06b-fb12-4a1d-b80b-6bcf8c69fd58n@googlegroups.com>,
tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:
>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11724159/Prince-Harry-discussions-
host-SNL-talks-stalled-11th-hour.html

>By EMMA JAMES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
>
>PUBLISHED: 15:32 EST, 7 February 2023 | UPDATED: 17:49 EST, 7 February 2023
>
>Prince Harry was in 'serious' talks to host Saturday Night Live in the run-up
>to the January release of his memoir � but talks stalled at the final hurdle.
>
>The Duke of Sussex was on a whirlwind TV tour talking about Spare before
>publication and went on a number of high-profile US shows.
>
>Producers on the long-running NBC show were keen to get the royal on board,
>with Harry, 38, described as being 'all in.'
>
>It is unclear what caused the discussions to stop, with many sources telling
>PageSix that people would have 'definitely tuned in.'
>
>One industry insider said: 'I know that Harry was all in. He was really
>serious about doing it � and it would have been great fun as promo for the
>book.'
>
>'SNL producers have been after Harry for a while. Everyone on the show was
>really into the idea, and people would definitely have tuned in.'
>
>Another confirmed the talks, adding: 'There's always lots of names in the
>mix, but Harry was definitely a name being discussed.'
>
>Lorne Michaels, creator and producer of the iconic show, would reportedly
>still love to have Harry on the program even if it isn't to discuss his book.
>
>A third insider said they could see the royal dad-of-two appearing as a
>'surprise in a sketch' rather than hosting.
>
>NBC did not respond to a request for comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.

That won't endear him to Americans. He's never going to be popular here, he
has the personality of a spoiled child and she's a social climbing vampire
that latched onto him to try and raise her self to a new level and he's such
a weakling looking for a new mommy she easily sunk her hooks into him. They
are both sickening.

Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"

<fjkauh53807ucjv7o2848c44ubp8q594j1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174919&group=rec.arts.tv#174919

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 12:07:45 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:07 UTC

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:28:12 -0800 (PST), tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>A third insider said they could see the royal dad-of-two appearing as a 'surprise
>in a sketch' rather than hosting.

Something like Richard Nixon's appearance on Rowan + Martin's Laugh-In
just before the 1968 election?

Re: SNL reportedly wanted Prince Harry to host, but "talks stalled at the 11th hour"

<super70s-C4E05C.15024509022023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174925&group=rec.arts.tv#174925

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 15:02:45 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:02 UTC

In article <S7e0j3$jef$5@dont-email.me>,
wedad al <wedad.alsa@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <nff19e06b-fb12-4a1d-b80b-6bcf8c69fd58n@googlegroups.com>,
> tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >Prince Harry was in 'serious' talks to host Saturday Night Live in the
> >run-up to the January release of his memoir ˆ but talks stalled at the final
> >hurdle.
> >
> >The Duke of Sussex was on a whirlwind TV tour talking about Spare before
> >publication and went on a number of high-profile US shows.

> That won't endear him to Americans. He's never going to be popular here, he
> has the personality of a spoiled child and she's a social climbing vampire
> that latched onto him to try and raise her self to a new level and he's such
> a weakling looking for a new mommy she easily sunk her hooks into him. They
> are both sickening.

I was getting really Harry'd-out there for a while but the massive book
sales speak for themself I guess.