Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 23:43:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cosmic Sin
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (T987654321)
 by: T987654321 - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 06:43 UTC

" In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The threat against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war. General Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
Director Edward Drake "

Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.

Re: Cosmic Sin

<sagrea$vmd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#180

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: Cosmic Sin
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:04:08 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 01:04 UTC

On 6/4/2021 1:43 AM, T987654321 wrote:
> " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The threat against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war. General Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
> Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
> Director Edward Drake "
>

> Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.

I thought you were kidding about the movie name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Sin

Lynn

Re: Cosmic Sin

<sah9r7$8mm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#181

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:10:02 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 05:10 UTC

On 6/17/2021 6:04 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 1:43 AM, T987654321 wrote:
>> " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing
>> the outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into
>> service after soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile
>> alien fleet. The threat against the human race escalates into an
>> inevitable interstellar war. General Ford teams up with General Eron
>> Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race to stop the imminent
>> attack before it is too late.
>> Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large,
>> Perrey Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide
>> Kane, Luke Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
>> Director Edward Drake "
>>

>> Yes you've seen this countless times before.  I guess the closest in
>> tone would be Starship Troopers.  In general the future looks like
>> today, aliens planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo
>> sapiens wearing a cheap mask.   The only thing that sort of saved it
>> from total dreck is Bruce.
>
> I thought you were kidding about the movie name.
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Sin

I think the only explanation for how it got made is someone cashed in a
TON of blackmail material.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: Cosmic Sin

<vfgpcghca2se40de3pm2s7ij3khklbdlol@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#182

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 08:57:18 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:57 UTC

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 23:43:29 -0700 (PDT), T987654321
<qwrtz123@gmail.com> wrote:

>" In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The threat against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war. General Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
>Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
>Director Edward Drake "
>

>Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.

I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
rating of 3%.

And the actual reviews were even worse, IIRC.

And, no, Bruce didn't save it. Not even "sort of". According to the
reviews, that is.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Cosmic Sin

<ajgpcg1vp0ct013j1rqk6gblnc1p9p7s8n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#183

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:05:44 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:05 UTC

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:10:02 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 6/17/2021 6:04 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> On 6/4/2021 1:43 AM, T987654321 wrote:
>>> " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing
>>> the outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into
>>> service after soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile
>>> alien fleet. The threat against the human race escalates into an
>>> inevitable interstellar war. General Ford teams up with General Eron
>>> Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race to stop the imminent
>>> attack before it is too late.
>>> Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large,
>>> Perrey Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide
>>> Kane, Luke Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
>>> Director Edward Drake "
>>>

>>> Yes you've seen this countless times before.  I guess the closest in
>>> tone would be Starship Troopers.  In general the future looks like
>>> today, aliens planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo
>>> sapiens wearing a cheap mask.   The only thing that sort of saved it
>>> from total dreck is Bruce.
>>
>> I thought you were kidding about the movie name.
>>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Sin
>>
>I think the only explanation for how it got made is someone cashed in a
>TON of blackmail material.

The /real/ question is:

is this film so bad that, had I seen it with my fellow-soldiers in the
70s, we would have concluded that it must have /escaped/, since no
sane person would ever have released it?

Note that we were seeing these films on post, so some of them were
being run through the circuit to see how we reacted before inflicting
them on the general public.

Indeed, the DVD of /The Big Sleep/ (Bogie & Bacall version) comes with
two sides: one has the original version, shown to the US troops in
Europe, and the other has the recut version (recut to give Bacall more
glamour shots) that was released to civilians. They actually had to
re-film the ending because the original actress playing the missing
wife was not available to help with inserting more Bacall into it, so
using the Army as a test audience was a long-standing practice by the
70s. (All info on the two versions is based on a "special feature" on
the DVD.)
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Cosmic Sin

<0001HW.267D45BB07B5906370000AF5B38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#184

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:20:59 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:20 UTC

On 2021 Jun 04, T987654321 wrote
(in article<54765772-8d30-4943-879d-a4b9e61bf331n@googlegroups.com>):

> " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the
> outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after
> soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The threat
> against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war. General
> Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race
> to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
> Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey
> Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke
> Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
> Director Edward Drake "
>
> Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone
> would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens
> planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap
> mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.

I think that I’ve seen part of the trailer. Only part, I switched to
something interesting. However, Bruce was out front with a Very Big Gun.
He’s a _general_? Generals aren’t supposed to be out front with Very Big
Guns. The last general I can think of who was out front with a Very Big Gun
or close enough to it was the gentleman in Korea who got a Medal of Honor for
killing a tank with a grenade... which begs the question of What the _Fuck_
was William Fucking Insane Dean _doing_ close enough to an enemy tank to kill
it with a grenade?! Worse, Bruce has a sword or a machete or something; the
last general I can think of who actually used a sword in action was Colin
Campbell, while assaulting Lucknow’s gates, with, ahem, a boy piper on the
parapet playing “Cock o’ the North”, but then that ol’ boy _was_ the
madman previously famous for the Thin Red Line. And, besides, he was a Scot.
Us Gaels, we got a thing for sharp edges, we do. What’s Bruce’s excuse?

Re: Cosmic Sin

<mk5scgh796vgabt9nqop02j6ndg1obiup5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#185

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 09:09:03 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:09 UTC

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:20:59 -0400, Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com>
wrote:

>On 2021 Jun 04, T987654321 wrote
>(in article<54765772-8d30-4943-879d-a4b9e61bf331n@googlegroups.com>):
>
>> " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the
>> outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after
>> soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The threat
>> against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war. General
>> Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race
>> to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
>> Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey
>> Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke
>> Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
>> Director Edward Drake "
>>
>> Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone
>> would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens
>> planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap
>> mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.
>
>I think that I’ve seen part of the trailer. Only part, I switched to
>something interesting. However, Bruce was out front with a Very Big Gun.
>He’s a _general_? Generals aren’t supposed to be out front with Very Big
>Guns. The last general I can think of who was out front with a Very Big Gun
>or close enough to it was the gentleman in Korea who got a Medal of Honor for
>killing a tank with a grenade... which begs the question of What the _Fuck_
>was William Fucking Insane Dean _doing_ close enough to an enemy tank to kill
>it with a grenade?! Worse, Bruce has a sword or a machete or something; the
>last general I can think of who actually used a sword in action was Colin
>Campbell, while assaulting Lucknow’s gates, with, ahem, a boy piper on the
>parapet playing “Cock o’ the North”, but then that ol’ boy _was_ the
>madman previously famous for the Thin Red Line. And, besides, he was a Scot.
>Us Gaels, we got a thing for sharp edges, we do. What’s Bruce’s excuse?

Rank inflation.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Cosmic Sin

<0001HW.267E5BD107F6BDCF70000621138F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#186

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:07:29 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
 by: Wolffan - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:07 UTC

On 2021 Jun 19, Paul S Person wrote
(in article<mk5scgh796vgabt9nqop02j6ndg1obiup5@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:20:59 -0400, Wolffan<akwolffan@zoho.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2021 Jun 04, T987654321 wrote
> > (in article<54765772-8d30-4943-879d-a4b9e61bf331n@googlegroups.com>):
> >
> > > " In the year 2524, four hundred years after humans started colonizing the
> > > outer planets, retired General James Ford is called back into service after
> > > soldiers on a remote planet are attacked by a hostile alien fleet. The
> > > threat
> > > against the human race escalates into an inevitable interstellar war.
> > > General
> > > Ford teams up with General Eron Ryle and a team of elite soldiers in a race
> > > to stop the imminent attack before it is too late.
> > > Cast Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee, Corey Large, Perrey
> > > Reeves, C.J. Perry, Lochlyn Munro, Costas Mandylor, Adelaide Kane, Luke
> > > Wilson, Johnny Messner, Trevor Gretzky
> > > Director Edward Drake "
> > >
> > > Yes you've seen this countless times before. I guess the closest in tone
> > > would be Starship Troopers. In general the future looks like today, aliens
> > > planets look just like earth, aliens look like homo sapiens wearing a cheap
> > > mask. The only thing that sort of saved it from total dreck is Bruce.
> >
> > I think that I’ve seen part of the trailer. Only part, I switched to
> > something interesting. However, Bruce was out front with a Very Big Gun.
> > He’s a _general_? Generals aren’t supposed to be out front with Very Big
> > Guns. The last general I can think of who was out front with a Very Big Gun
> > or close enough to it was the gentleman in Korea who got a Medal of Honor
> > for
> > killing a tank with a grenade... which begs the question of What the _Fuck_
> > was William Fucking Insane Dean _doing_ close enough to an enemy tank to
> > kill
> > it with a grenade?! Worse, Bruce has a sword or a machete or something; the
> > last general I can think of who actually used a sword in action was Colin
> > Campbell, while assaulting Lucknow’s gates, with, ahem, a boy piper on the
> > parapet playing “Cock o’ the North”, but then that ol’ boy _was_ the
> > madman previously famous for the Thin Red Line. And, besides, he was a Scot.
> > Us Gaels, we got a thing for sharp edges, we do. What’s Bruce’s excuse?
>
> Rank inflation.

That movie appears to be rank...

Re: Cosmic Sin

<salsok$jg2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#187

From: nmasse...@yahoo.com (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:57:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Neill Massello - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:57 UTC

On 2021-06-18 at 09:57:18 MDT, "Paul S Person" <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid>
wrote:

> I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
> rating of 3%.

And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.

Re: Cosmic Sin

<1br1gwzi2p.fsf@pfeifferfamily.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#188

From: pfeif...@cs.nmsu.edu (Joe Pfeiffer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:11:58 -0600
sha1:cRbvplj0ioLHDgn5Oo/dX9PQAgs=
 by: Joe Pfeiffer - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:11 UTC

Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2021-06-18 at 09:57:18 MDT, "Paul S Person" <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
>> rating of 3%.
>
> And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.

I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?

Re: Cosmic Sin

<02qucg1hn4g4t4ru0dfkakuqhrltr9tpj4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#189

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:10:56 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:10 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:11:58 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer
<pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:

>Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2021-06-18 at 09:57:18 MDT, "Paul S Person" <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
>>> rating of 3%.
>>
>> And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.
>
>I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
>raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?

I just checked /Cats/ on IMDb, and it managed 2.8.

That's the lowest-rated film I ever intentionally rented, and I rented
it mostly to see just how badly it had been messed up.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Cosmic Sin

<sanpdr$qm6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#190

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:44 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:12 UTC

On 6/20/2021 8:11 AM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2021-06-18 at 09:57:18 MDT, "Paul S Person" <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
>>> rating of 3%.
>>
>> And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
> raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?

I'm pretty sure I've seen lower IMDb ratings. But since the minimum is
1 and human nature being such that at least ONE person somewhere will
give anything a 10 combined with most people simply won't rate anything
that bad at all its difficult to get any lower.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: Cosmic Sin

<1bmtrkzf17.fsf@pfeifferfamily.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#191

From: pfeif...@cs.nmsu.edu (Joe Pfeiffer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:17:40 -0600
sha1:YBsmbOVTgf4a1UnLVbKXHAmiLI8=
 by: Joe Pfeiffer - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:17 UTC

Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:

> Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2021-06-18 at 09:57:18 MDT, "Paul S Person" <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I doubt it. I don't make a habit of watching films that get an RT
>>> rating of 3%.
>>
>> And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
> raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?

(following up my own post, sorry)

Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Lowest at 2.0 is a tie between "Disaster Movie" and "Superbabies: Baby
Geniuses 2".

Re: Cosmic Sin

<52rucgdo31tlv1doimrnu4n39qu1on6pck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=192&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#192

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 12:27:25 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:27 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:44 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 6/20/2021 8:11 AM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> And an IMDb rating of 2.5. Absolute Razzie bait.
>>
>> I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
>> raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?
>>
>I'm pretty sure I've seen lower IMDb ratings. But since the minimum is
>1 and human nature being such that at least ONE person somewhere will
>give anything a 10 combined with most people simply won't rate anything
>that bad at all its difficult to get any lower.

There's a chart. It doesn't seem to be maintained, but there _is_ a
chart:
<https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom>

Re: Cosmic Sin

<sao6hn$nk9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#193

From: nmasse...@yahoo.com (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 19:56:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Neill Massello - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 19:56 UTC

On 2021-06-20 at 10:17:40 MDT, "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:

> Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
> at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom
>
> Lowest at 2.0 is a tie between "Disaster Movie" and "Superbabies: Baby
> Geniuses 2".

The movies on this list that I've seen are:

Battlefield Earth (2000)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
Hercules in New York (1970)

Aside from the Pia Zadora flick, they had at lest some "bad movie"
entertainment value.

(I should add that those are the only ones that I *remember* seeing: the mind
has its own defense mechanisms.)

Anybody else?

Re: Cosmic Sin

<mqcvcglcm4nkgsuntmafd41d1b1eu17adg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#194

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 17:47:17 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 21:47 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 19:56:40 -0000 (UTC), Neill Massello
<nmassello@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 2021-06-20 at 10:17:40 MDT, "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
>> at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom
>>
>> Lowest at 2.0 is a tie between "Disaster Movie" and "Superbabies: Baby
>> Geniuses 2".
>
>The movies on this list that I've seen are:
>
> Battlefield Earth (2000)
> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
> Hercules in New York (1970)
>
>Aside from the Pia Zadora flick, they had at lest some "bad movie"
>entertainment value.
>
>(I should add that those are the only ones that I *remember* seeing: the mind
>has its own defense mechanisms.)
>
>Anybody else?

Battlefield Earth (Worse than the novel and the Novel was bad even for
L.Ron Hubbard)
Gigli (which for some reason I enjoyed--maybe it was that I was
crushing on J Lo at the time)
Cats (I wouldn't call it "bad", it's just that the stage musical is
_so_ much better)
Jaws the Revenge (in a theater--remember nothing about it)
Rollerball (saw both of them--why I saw the second I have no idea)
Steel (Don't remember anything about it)
Catwoman (How did they manage to make Halle Berry _not_ look good in a
cat suit?)
Barb Wire (What can I say--it has Pamela Anderson's boobs in it)
Jaws 3-D (Remember the 3-d jaws at the end and not much else)
Batman & Robin (Remember nothing about it)
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl (I think you have to be of a
certain mental age)
The Wicker Man (Remember nothing about it)
Superman IV (Remember nothing about it)
_A_ "The Fog"--I don't remember if it was that one.
The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (Didn't have Liz)
The Avengers (Uma's no Emma)
Swept Away (Madonna's no Mariangela Melato and Adriano Giannini is not
his dad.)

Re: Cosmic Sin

<0001HW.267FFE0F0858C507700005F3D38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#195

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 18:51:59 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
 by: Wolffan - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:51 UTC

On 2021 Jun 20, Neill Massello wrote
(in article <sao6hn$nk9$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 2021-06-20 at 10:17:40 MDT, "Joe Pfeiffer"<pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
> > at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom
> >
> > Lowest at 2.0 is a tie between "Disaster Movie" and "Superbabies: Baby
> > Geniuses 2".
>
> The movies on this list that I've seen are:
>
> Battlefield Earth (2000)
> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
> Hercules in New York (1970)
>
> Aside from the Pia Zadora flick, they had at lest some "bad movie"
> entertainment value.
>
> (I should add that those are the only ones that I *remember* seeing: the mind
> has its own defense mechanisms.)
>
> Anybody else?

Hmm.
Batman and Robin.
The Avengers.
Superman IV.
BloodRayne (just the first half hour, that was more than enough).
Catwoman.

Re: Cosmic Sin

<60d07be7.293625718@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#196

From: eichl...@comcastsucks.net (Bice)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:49:51 GMT
 by: Bice - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:49 UTC

<nmassello@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 2021-06-20 at 10:17:40 MDT, "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
>> at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom
>
>The movies on this list that I've seen are:
>
> Battlefield Earth (2000)
> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
> Hercules in New York (1970)
>
>Aside from the Pia Zadora flick, they had at lest some "bad movie"
>entertainment value.
>
>Anybody else?

I've managed to avoid seeing most of the list, although I've seen
"Santa Clause Conquers the Martians" and "Manos: The Hands of Fate",
both via Mystery Science Theater (so at least I had the cast of MST3K
helping shield me from the full effect of how bad the movies were).

I remember when the majority of that Bottom 100 list was made up of
MST3K movies. Good to see Hollywood has pumped out plenty of garbage
since then. Also nice to see "Manos" still in the top 5. Man, is
that movie bad.

-- Bob

Re: Cosmic Sin

<t2f1dgd5gljr181g6dca9k0neg7f6npn4i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=197&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#197

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 09:23:16 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:23 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 12:27:25 -0400, J. Clarke
<jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:44 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
><dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I don't think I've ever seen an IMDB rating that low before. Which
>>> raises (NOT BEGS) the question, what is the record lowest?
>>>
>>I'm pretty sure I've seen lower IMDb ratings. But since the minimum is
>>1 and human nature being such that at least ONE person somewhere will
>>give anything a 10 combined with most people simply won't rate anything
>>that bad at all its difficult to get any lower.
>
>There's a chart. It doesn't seem to be maintained, but there _is_ a
>chart:
><https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom>

Many of which I never heard of.

Several of which I remember deciding /not/ to watch.

A few I saw.

And, in the case of /The Starving Games/, enjoyed.

But it does show that 2.0 is the lowest rating known to me so far.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Cosmic Sin

<oaf1dgtmh3bnh321lv5o1pcr0th920nods@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#198

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 09:35:05 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:35 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 17:47:17 -0400, J. Clarke
<jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 19:56:40 -0000 (UTC), Neill Massello
><nmassello@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-06-20 at 10:17:40 MDT, "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Got curious enough I went and looked; it turns out they've got a ranking
>>> at https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom
>>>
>>> Lowest at 2.0 is a tie between "Disaster Movie" and "Superbabies: Baby
>>> Geniuses 2".
>>
>>The movies on this list that I've seen are:
>>
>> Battlefield Earth (2000)
>> Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
>> Hercules in New York (1970)
>>
>>Aside from the Pia Zadora flick, they had at lest some "bad movie"
>>entertainment value.
>>
>>(I should add that those are the only ones that I *remember* seeing: the mind
>>has its own defense mechanisms.)
>>
>>Anybody else?

You stir my memory ...

>Battlefield Earth (Worse than the novel and the Novel was bad even for
>L.Ron Hubbard)
>Gigli (which for some reason I enjoyed--maybe it was that I was
>crushing on J Lo at the time)
>Cats (I wouldn't call it "bad", it's just that the stage musical is
>_so_ much better)

I would. But I /really/ liked the VHS version, and this makes the DVD
version look good.

>Jaws the Revenge (in a theater--remember nothing about it)
>Rollerball (saw both of them--why I saw the second I have no idea)

I saw the second just to see how bad it was.

Too bad the people making it had /no idea at all/ what the original
was about.

>Steel (Don't remember anything about it)
>Catwoman (How did they manage to make Halle Berry _not_ look good in a
>cat suit?)

I remember deciding /not/ to see it.

>Barb Wire (What can I say--it has Pamela Anderson's boobs in it)
>Jaws 3-D (Remember the 3-d jaws at the end and not much else)
>Batman & Robin (Remember nothing about it)

It was ... OK. I always thought Robin was too old, though.

But, really, in what other movie do you get to see a character played
by Arnold Schwarzenegger /cry/?

>The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl (I think you have to be of a
>certain mental age)
>The Wicker Man (Remember nothing about it)

This was the remake. I remember deciding not to see it.

I found the original all too terrifying, and wanted nothing more to do
with it.

>Superman IV (Remember nothing about it)

Despite being a Golan & Globus production, this was actually a step up
from III. I mean, where else do you get to see the creation of a
supervillain? Where else do you get to see a defeated Superman sobbing
himself to sleep, hugging the Green Shard?

>_A_ "The Fog"--I don't remember if it was that one.
>The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (Didn't have Liz)
>The Avengers (Uma's no Emma)

Indeed. And I never really enjoyed "Mother", so seeing "Father" didn't
help at all.

--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."