Vegetarians beware! You are what you eat.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Judicate American Law From Judea

SubjectAuthor
* Judicate American Law From Judeachromebook test
`- Re: Judicate American Law From Judeachromebook test

1
Judicate American Law From Judea

<523a82a4-7ad2-4344-9d78-7672e11344d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175265&group=rec.arts.tv#175265

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:00:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Judicate American Law From Judea
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 15:00 UTC

Eugene Kontorovich

Among those supporting Wednesday's ruling was Eugene Kontorovich, a law professor at George Mason University. He said the university's Center for the Middle East and International Law organized a friend-of-the-court brief supported by 11 constitutional law professors.

"The ruling demonstrates that laws protecting primarily Jews from discrimination, like this one, are no different from those [protecting] gays from discrimination. Just like states refuse to do business with companies that discriminate -- that is refuse to do business -- with people on the basis of their sexual orientation, here they extend that to Israel identity," Kontorovich said in an email.

He expressed doubt that the U.S. Supreme Court will take up the case.

"There are no courts of appeals that take a different position, and so lacking a circuit split, the chances of Supreme Court review are tiny," Kontorovich said. (1)

Biographical Sketch
Professor of Law Eugene Kontorovich is one of the world’s preeminent experts on universal jurisdiction and maritime piracy, as well as international law and the Israel-Arab conflict. He is also the Director of Scalia Law School's Center for the Middle East and International Law. (2)

Born in Kyiv, Ukraine, Kontorovich moved to the US with his parents at the age of three. He immigrated to Israel in 2013 with his wife and four children, and lived in the Alon Shvut settlement. (3)

Alon Shvut (Hebrew: אַלּוֹן שְׁבוּת) is an Israeli settlement in the West Bank.[2][3] Established in June 1970 over lands confiscated from the nearby Palestinian town of Khirbet Beit Zakariyyah, Alon Shvut is part of the Etzion bloc of the West Bank.[4] The international community considers Israeli settlements in the West Bank illegal under international la (4)

(1)
U.S. judges decide against Arkansas Times
Panel upholds boycott suit dismissal by Jaime Adame | June 23, 2022
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/jun/23/us-judges-decide-against-ark-times/

(2)
https://www.law.gmu.edu/faculty/directory/fulltime/kontorovich_eugene

(3)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Kontorovich#Personal_life

(4)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alon_Shvut

Re: Judicate American Law From Judea

<f58b8f75-0d3d-4e19-9a44-fc0092e134c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175406&group=rec.arts.tv#175406

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:25:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Judicate American Law From Judea
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 02:25 UTC

On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 10:01:05 AM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> Eugene Kontorovich
>

> Among those supporting Wednesday's ruling was Eugene Kontorovich, a law professor at George Mason University. He said the university's Center for the Middle East and International Law organized a friend-of-the-court brief supported by 11 constitutional law professors.
>
> "The ruling demonstrates that laws protecting primarily Jews from discrimination, like this one, are no different from those [protecting] gays from discrimination. Just like states refuse to do business with companies that discriminate -- that is refuse to do business -- with people on the basis of their sexual orientation, here they extend that to Israel identity," Kontorovich said in an email.
>
> He expressed doubt that the U.S. Supreme Court will take up the case.
>
> "There are no courts of appeals that take a different position, and so lacking a circuit split, the chances of Supreme Court review are tiny," Kontorovich said. (1)
>

> Biographical Sketch
> Professor of Law Eugene Kontorovich is one of the world’s preeminent experts on universal jurisdiction and maritime piracy, as well as international law and the Israel-Arab conflict. He is also the Director of Scalia Law School's Center for the Middle East and International Law. (2)
>

> Born in Kyiv, Ukraine, Kontorovich moved to the US with his parents at the age of three. He immigrated to Israel in 2013 with his wife and four children, and lived in the Alon Shvut settlement. (3)
>

> Alon Shvut (Hebrew: אַלּוֹן שְׁבוּת) is an Israeli settlement in the West Bank.[2][3] Established in June 1970 over lands confiscated from the nearby Palestinian town of Khirbet Beit Zakariyyah, Alon Shvut is part of the Etzion bloc of the West Bank.[4] The international community considers Israeli settlements in the West Bank illegal under international la (4)
>

> (1)
> U.S. judges decide against Arkansas Times
> Panel upholds boycott suit dismissal by Jaime Adame | June 23, 2022
> https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/jun/23/us-judges-decide-against-ark-times/
>

> (2)
> https://www.law.gmu.edu/faculty/directory/fulltime/kontorovich_eugene
>

> (3)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Kontorovich#Personal_life
>

> (4)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alon_Shvut

Jerusalem CNN - Tens of thousands of flag-waving Israelis converged on the nation’s parliament Monday, amid warnings that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s plan to weaken the judiciary risks plunging the country into a “social collapse.” Protesters held signs with messages including “there is no democracy without equality”

Thousands protest
Hadas Gold, CNN February 13, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/middleeast/israelis-knesset-protest-netanyahu-judiciary-intl/index.html