You teach best what you most need to learn.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Black movie maligns the French

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
+* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchshawn
|`* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
| `* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchshawn
|  +* Re: Black movie maligns the FrenchBTR1701
|  |`* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchshawn
|  | `- Re: Black movie maligns the FrenchBTR1701
|  `* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
|   `* Re: Black movie maligns the FrenchDimensional Traveler
|    `* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
|     +* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchshawn
|     |+- Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
|     |`* Re: Black movie maligns the FrenchBTR1701
|     | `* Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchshawn
|     |  `- Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
|     `* Re: Black movie maligns the FrenchBTR1701
|      `- Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchanim8rfsk
`- Re: Black movie maligns the Frenchtrotsky

1
Re: Black movie maligns the French

<429801504.698050938.603119.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175424&group=rec.arts.tv#175424

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Black movie maligns the French
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 00:06:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:06 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/movies/france-criticizes-black-panther-mali-troops-intl-afr/index.html

How the hell do you malign the French? Tell the truth about them?

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<v9qmuh1j1vkblhhg42lkbhc568vokpdq0f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175427&group=rec.arts.tv#175427

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 06:01:21 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:01 UTC

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 00:06:19 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/movies/france-criticizes-black-panther-mali-troops-intl-afr/index.html
>>

>How the hell do you malign the French? Tell the truth about them?

His problem is that in the movie they had French forces try to take
some of that Vibranium from scientists that were studying it. So
France was the bad guy as the Vibranium was on loan from Wakanda.

So he just didn't like France being the bad guy for their small part
in a movie with real bad guys who were ready to kill all of Wakanda
just because they wouldn't agree to work with them. Not that it
matters much since it seems like we are about to move on to Adamantium
shortly.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<qaKGL.86378$b7Kc.53893@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175434&group=rec.arts.tv#175434

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 05:23:02 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:23 UTC

On 2/14/23 1:06 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/movies/france-criticizes-black-panther-mali-troops-intl-afr/index.html
>>

> How the hell do you malign the French? Tell the truth about them?

Bathe.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<379602563.698078795.712513.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175456&group=rec.arts.tv#175456

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:15 UTC

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 00:06:19 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/movies/france-criticizes-black-panther-mali-troops-intl-afr/index.html
>>>

>> How the hell do you malign the French? Tell the truth about them?
>
> His problem is that in the movie they had French forces try to take
> some of that Vibranium from scientists that were studying it. So
> France was the bad guy as the Vibranium was on loan from Wakanda.
>
> So he just didn't like France being the bad guy for their small part
> in a movie with real bad guys who were ready to kill all of Wakanda
> just because they wouldn't agree to work with them. Not that it
> matters much since it seems like we are about to move on to Adamantium
> shortly.

Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175461&group=rec.arts.tv#175461

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:26:43 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:26 UTC

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 00:06:19 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> How the hell do you malign the French? Tell the truth about them?
>>
>> His problem is that in the movie they had French forces try to take
>> some of that Vibranium from scientists that were studying it. So
>> France was the bad guy as the Vibranium was on loan from Wakanda.
>>
>> So he just didn't like France being the bad guy for their small part
>> in a movie with real bad guys who were ready to kill all of Wakanda
>> just because they wouldn't agree to work with them. Not that it
>> matters much since it seems like we are about to move on to Adamantium
>> shortly.
>>

>Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?

Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.

Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<atropos-6553A9.10023814022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175472&group=rec.arts.tv#175472

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:02:38 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 18:02 UTC

In article <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com>,

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> >> His problem is that in the movie they had French forces try to take
> >> some of that Vibranium from scientists that were studying it. So
> >> France was the bad guy as the Vibranium was on loan from Wakanda.
> >>
> >> So he just didn't like France being the bad guy for their small part
> >> in a movie with real bad guys who were ready to kill all of Wakanda
> >> just because they wouldn't agree to work with them. Not that it
> >> matters much since it seems like we are about to move on to Adamantium
> >> shortly.
> >>

> >Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?
>
> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.
>
> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.

Warner Bros. really has made a cockup of the whole thing, haven't they?

The comparison between how the Marvel films and shows have been
developed and handled vs. the DC side is a study in professionalism vs
bumbling amateurism.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<18nnuhtqlnj4cmdfo91jku6e92nn8rmb8a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175478&group=rec.arts.tv#175478

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 14:13:59 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:13 UTC

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:02:38 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?
>>
>> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
>> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
>> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
>> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
>> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.
>>
>> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
>> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
>> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
>> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
>> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
>> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
>> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
>> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.
>
>Warner Bros. really has made a cockup of the whole thing, haven't they?
>
>The comparison between how the Marvel films and shows have been
>developed and handled vs. the DC side is a study in professionalism vs
>bumbling amateurism.

I can't help but think that the WB movie side must have multiple
co-Presidents. Each one managing their own projects with no need or
desire to coordinate between them. That or else there's a constant
stream of ex-Presidents leaving the WB lot every few months with the
new President having a fresh vision of what the DCU should be.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<atropos-919575.12232014022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175484&group=rec.arts.tv#175484

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:23:20 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:23 UTC

In article <18nnuhtqlnj4cmdfo91jku6e92nn8rmb8a@4ax.com>,

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:02:38 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> >> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
> >> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
> >> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
> >> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
> >> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.
> >>
> >> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
> >> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
> >> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
> >> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
> >> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
> >> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
> >> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
> >> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.
> >
> >Warner Bros. really has made a cockup of the whole thing, haven't they?
> >
> >The comparison between how the Marvel films and shows have been
> >developed and handled vs. the DC side is a study in professionalism vs
> >bumbling amateurism.
>
> I can't help but think that the WB movie side must have multiple
> co-Presidents. Each one managing their own projects with no need or
> desire to coordinate between them. That or else there's a constant
> stream of ex-Presidents leaving the WB lot every few months with the
> new President having a fresh vision of what the DCU should be.

Which is something the Marvel side managed to anticipate and account for.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<1486630217.698106168.175005.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175497&group=rec.arts.tv#175497

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:33:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:33 UTC

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> His problem is that in the movie they had French forces try to take
>>> some of that Vibranium from scientists that were studying it. So
>>> France was the bad guy as the Vibranium was on loan from Wakanda.
>>>
>>> So he just didn't like France being the bad guy for their small part
>>> in a movie with real bad guys who were ready to kill all of Wakanda
>>> just because they wouldn't agree to work with them. Not that it
>>> matters much since it seems like we are about to move on to Adamantium
>>> shortly.
>>>

>> Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?
>
> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.

The X-Men movies already had Apocalypse who is a multi thousand year old
mutant. They gave up on “children of the atom“ early on.

What was caps shield made of in the first MCU movie of him?

> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<tshfri$2mdpf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175516&group=rec.arts.tv#175516

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 18:26:09 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 02:26 UTC

On 2/14/2023 2:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:15:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hasn’t the MCU had Adamantium for at least 100 years?
>>
>> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
>> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
>> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
>> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
>> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.
>>

> The X-Men movies already had Apocalypse who is a multi thousand year old
> mutant. They gave up on “children of the atom“ early on.
>
> What was caps shield made of in the first MCU movie of him?

Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
used the entire world's supply of it.

>> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
>> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
>> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
>> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
>> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
>> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
>> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
>> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.

dirty old man.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175524&group=rec.arts.tv#175524

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 05:21 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 2/14/2023 2:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Not in the MCU. Remember in the MCU we have only just heard mention of
>>> mutants. Now in the comics Adamantium has been around forever. I'm not
>>> sure if they are going to pretend mutants have been around for a long
>>> time and the public never noticed things like the X-Men or if they are
>>> going to have a Flashpoint type episode that will restart the MCU.
>>>

>> The X-Men movies already had Apocalypse who is a multi thousand year old
>> mutant. They gave up on “children of the atom“ early on.
>>
>> What was caps shield made of in the first MCU movie of him?
>>
> Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
> used the entire world's supply of it.
>

>>> Certainly that seems to be the point of the Flash movie. To restart
>>> the DCU with new characters or new actors portraying existing
>>> characters of the DCU. (Again the DCU is separate from the DC comics.)
>>> I'm not even sure how closely tied the DC shows will be to the movie
>>> DCU going forward. Of course it doesn't help that they apparently have
>>> a couple of other movies, like another Aquaman movie, that they have
>>> to make that are based on the current DCU but will come out after the
>>> Flash movie. That won't confuse anyone I'm sure.

So is the movie vibranium indestructible? If so, why do they even need
Adamantium?

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175528&group=rec.arts.tv#175528

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <382f8ad4-40d4-47a6-a72f-32cac0523069n@googlegroups.com> <429801504.698050938.603119.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <v9qmuh1j1vkblhhg42lkbhc568vokpdq0f@4ax.com> <379602563.698078795.712513.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com> <1486630217.698106168.175005.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tshfri$2mdpf$1@dont-email.me> <1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 01:24:42 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 06:24 UTC

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:05 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> The X-Men movies already had Apocalypse who is a multi thousand year old
>>> mutant. They gave up on “children of the atom“ early on.
>>>
>>> What was caps shield made of in the first MCU movie of him?
>>>
>> Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
>> used the entire world's supply of it.

>So is the movie vibranium indestructible? If so, why do they even need
>Adamantium?

It's not that Vibranium is indestructible because it isn't. It's very
hard to damage but Captain America's shield does get damaged and then
repaired. Admantium is apparently more indestructible than Vibranium.
Also Vibranium has that ability to absorb energy and, with the proper
equipment, to release. It also appears to be an energy source. (Don't
ask me how it does all of this. I'm not a comic book writer.) As far
as I know Adamantium only has the effect of being nearly
indestructible, but as we saw with Magneto bending Wolverine's claws
it isn't truly indestructible.

Did a bit of looking around on the web and as usual things are
different between the comics and the movies. The quick version is that
in the movies Cap's shield is made of Vibranium but in the comics it
is made of a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium.

From the web site:
https://screenrant.com/x-men-wolverine-claws-facts-trivia/

One of the biggest questions for fans of both Fox's X-Men franchise
and the MCU is, which would be stronger – Wolverine's claws or Captain
America's shield? The answer is (like most things in the comic-verse),
complicated.

Wolverine's skeleton was originally reinforced with True Adamantium,
but became altered by his healing factor to become Beta Adamantium
(see number 2), whereas Captain America's shield is made of Proto
Adamantium – an alloy of True Adamantium and Vibranium. Proto
Adamantium is the strongest metal in existence in the Marvel-verse, so
Wolverine's claws could not damage it. This makes Cap's shield one of
the very (very) few things in the Marvel Universe that cannot be cut
by Wolverine's claws, no matter how much pressure he puts behind it.
The two have even duked it out, and Wolverine's claws slid off the
shield (with what we can only imagine was a sound ten times worse than
nails on a blackboard!).

However, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Cap’s shield is made out of
pure Vibranium (presumably because Fox has the rights to adamantium),
and Wolverine’s claws are described only as “adamantium,” without all
the detail of the comics. Therefore, if the film universes were ever
to come together, Wolverine’s claws could potentially be stronger than
the shield.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<1641844979.698136075.274925.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175529&group=rec.arts.tv#175529

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 23:52:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 06:52 UTC

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:05 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
>>> used the entire world's supply of it.

>> So is the movie vibranium indestructible? If so, why do they even need
>> Adamantium?
>
> It's not that Vibranium is indestructible because it isn't. It's very
> hard to damage but Captain America's shield does get damaged and then
> repaired. Admantium is apparently more indestructible than Vibranium.
> Also Vibranium has that ability to absorb energy and, with the proper
> equipment, to release. It also appears to be an energy source. (Don't
> ask me how it does all of this. I'm not a comic book writer.) As far
> as I know Adamantium only has the effect of being nearly
> indestructible, but as we saw with Magneto bending Wolverine's claws
> it isn't truly indestructible.
>
> Did a bit of looking around on the web and as usual things are
> different between the comics and the movies. The quick version is that
> in the movies Cap's shield is made of Vibranium but in the comics it
> is made of a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium.

Thanks for all this. I know the comics version but I tend to gray out on
the movie version and just watch the parts with the impossibly cute Clara
Oswin Oswald.

> From the web site:
> https://screenrant.com/x-men-wolverine-claws-facts-trivia/
>
> One of the biggest questions for fans of both Fox's X-Men franchise
> and the MCU is, which would be stronger – Wolverine's claws or Captain
> America's shield? The answer is (like most things in the comic-verse),
> complicated.
>
> Wolverine's skeleton was originally reinforced with True Adamantium,
> but became altered by his healing factor to become Beta Adamantium
> (see number 2), whereas Captain America's shield is made of Proto
> Adamantium – an alloy of True Adamantium and Vibranium. Proto
> Adamantium is the strongest metal in existence in the Marvel-verse, so
> Wolverine's claws could not damage it. This makes Cap's shield one of
> the very (very) few things in the Marvel Universe that cannot be cut
> by Wolverine's claws, no matter how much pressure he puts behind it.
> The two have even duked it out, and Wolverine's claws slid off the
> shield (with what we can only imagine was a sound ten times worse than
> nails on a blackboard!).

Hee hee hee

> However, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Cap’s shield is made out of
> pure Vibranium (presumably because Fox has the rights to adamantium),
> and Wolverine’s claws are described only as “adamantium,” without all
> the detail of the comics. Therefore, if the film universes were ever
> to come together, Wolverine’s claws could potentially be stronger than
> the shield.

There are lots of scratched shield images on the great google. Including
one that gives me a headache, with superman, holding the shield with his
left hand, and displaying wolverines claws, coming out of his right hand!

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<atropos-309709.10384115022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175583&group=rec.arts.tv#175583

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:38:41 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:38 UTC

In article
<1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> The X-Men movies already had Apocalypse who is a multi-thousand year old
> >> mutant. They gave up on "children of the atom" early on.
> >>
> >> What was caps shield made of in the first MCU movie of him?
> >>
> > Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
> > used the entire world's supply of it.

> So is the movie vibranium indestructible?

No, because Thanos cracked Cap's shield in half in ENDGAME.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<atropos-36D89B.10412915022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175584&group=rec.arts.tv#175584

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <382f8ad4-40d4-47a6-a72f-32cac0523069n@googlegroups.com> <429801504.698050938.603119.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <v9qmuh1j1vkblhhg42lkbhc568vokpdq0f@4ax.com> <379602563.698078795.712513.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com> <1486630217.698106168.175005.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tshfri$2mdpf$1@dont-email.me> <1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:41:30 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:41 UTC

In article <rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com>,

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:05 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
> >> used the entire world's supply of it.

> >So is the movie vibranium indestructible? If so, why do they even need
> >Adamantium?
>
> It's not that Vibranium is indestructible because it isn't. It's very
> hard to damage but Captain America's shield does get damaged and then
> repaired. Admantium is apparently more indestructible than Vibranium.
> Also Vibranium has that ability to absorb energy and, with the proper
> equipment, to release. It also appears to be an energy source. (Don't
> ask me how it does all of this. I'm not a comic book writer.) As far
> as I know Adamantium only has the effect of being nearly
> indestructible, but as we saw with Magneto bending Wolverine's claws
> it isn't truly indestructible.
>
> Did a bit of looking around on the web and as usual things are
> different between the comics and the movies. The quick version is that
> in the movies Cap's shield is made of Vibranium but in the comics it
> is made of a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium.
>
> From the web site:
> https://screenrant.com/x-men-wolverine-claws-facts-trivia/
>
> One of the biggest questions for fans of both Fox's X-Men franchise
> and the MCU is, which would be stronger – Wolverine's claws or Captain
> America's shield? The answer is (like most things in the comic-verse),
> complicated.
>
> Wolverine's skeleton was originally reinforced with True Adamantium,
> but became altered by his healing factor to become Beta Adamantium
> (see number 2), whereas Captain America's shield is made of Proto
> Adamantium – an alloy of True Adamantium and Vibranium. Proto
> Adamantium is the strongest metal in existence in the Marvel-verse

And yet Thanos still cracked Cap's shield in two in ENDGAME, so Thanos
must be *really* strong.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<m3kquht0hri2ucj9c39rn8p286n8tig2cf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175595&group=rec.arts.tv#175595

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <429801504.698050938.603119.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <v9qmuh1j1vkblhhg42lkbhc568vokpdq0f@4ax.com> <379602563.698078795.712513.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vk9nuhtf9f5gup9kntv91pid4niu3ucsfi@4ax.com> <1486630217.698106168.175005.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tshfri$2mdpf$1@dont-email.me> <1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com> <atropos-36D89B.10412915022023@news.giganews.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:38:01 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:38 UTC

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:41:30 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:05 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> >So is the movie vibranium indestructible? If so, why do they even need
>> >Adamantium?
>>
>> It's not that Vibranium is indestructible because it isn't. It's very
>> hard to damage but Captain America's shield does get damaged and then
>> repaired. Admantium is apparently more indestructible than Vibranium.
>> Also Vibranium has that ability to absorb energy and, with the proper
>> equipment, to release. It also appears to be an energy source. (Don't
>> ask me how it does all of this. I'm not a comic book writer.) As far
>> as I know Adamantium only has the effect of being nearly
>> indestructible, but as we saw with Magneto bending Wolverine's claws
>> it isn't truly indestructible.
>>
>> Did a bit of looking around on the web and as usual things are
>> different between the comics and the movies. The quick version is that
>> in the movies Cap's shield is made of Vibranium but in the comics it
>> is made of a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium.
>>
>> From the web site:
>> https://screenrant.com/x-men-wolverine-claws-facts-trivia/
>>
>> One of the biggest questions for fans of both Fox's X-Men franchise
>> and the MCU is, which would be stronger – Wolverine's claws or Captain
>> America's shield? The answer is (like most things in the comic-verse),
>> complicated.
>>
>> Wolverine's skeleton was originally reinforced with True Adamantium,
>> but became altered by his healing factor to become Beta Adamantium
>> (see number 2), whereas Captain America's shield is made of Proto
>> Adamantium – an alloy of True Adamantium and Vibranium. Proto
>> Adamantium is the strongest metal in existence in the Marvel-verse
>
>And yet Thanos still cracked Cap's shield in two in ENDGAME, so Thanos
>must be *really* strong.

That's the comic version of the shield while the shield in ENDGAME was
made only of Vibranium. Still, yeah, Thanos was really strong.

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<779095640.698203734.630204.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175616&group=rec.arts.tv#175616

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:43:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:43 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1140260683.698130417.223853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Vibranium, it was thought by everyone outside Wakanda that his shield
>>> used the entire world's supply of it.
>
>> So is the movie vibranium indestructible?
>
> No, because Thanos cracked Cap's shield in half in ENDGAME.

And what is it Tony Stark has a prototype of?

Re: Black movie maligns the French

<1052625721.698203800.796795.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175617&group=rec.arts.tv#175617

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:43:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:43 UTC

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:41:30 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <rstouh1u4ed5jo8ajusj5dnqc3lvf5fduv@4ax.com>,
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> It's not that Vibranium is indestructible because it isn't. It's very
>>> hard to damage but Captain America's shield does get damaged and then
>>> repaired. Admantium is apparently more indestructible than Vibranium.
>>> Also Vibranium has that ability to absorb energy and, with the proper
>>> equipment, to release. It also appears to be an energy source. (Don't
>>> ask me how it does all of this. I'm not a comic book writer.) As far
>>> as I know Adamantium only has the effect of being nearly
>>> indestructible, but as we saw with Magneto bending Wolverine's claws
>>> it isn't truly indestructible.
>>>
>>> Did a bit of looking around on the web and as usual things are
>>> different between the comics and the movies. The quick version is that
>>> in the movies Cap's shield is made of Vibranium but in the comics it
>>> is made of a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium.
>>>
>>> From the web site:
>>> https://screenrant.com/x-men-wolverine-claws-facts-trivia/
>>>
>>> One of the biggest questions for fans of both Fox's X-Men franchise
>>> and the MCU is, which would be stronger – Wolverine's claws or Captain
>>> America's shield? The answer is (like most things in the comic-verse),
>>> complicated.
>>>
>>> Wolverine's skeleton was originally reinforced with True Adamantium,
>>> but became altered by his healing factor to become Beta Adamantium
>>> (see number 2), whereas Captain America's shield is made of Proto
>>> Adamantium – an alloy of True Adamantium and Vibranium. Proto
>>> Adamantium is the strongest metal in existence in the Marvel-verse
>>
>> And yet Thanos still cracked Cap's shield in two in ENDGAME, so Thanos
>> must be *really* strong.
>
> That's the comic version of the shield while the shield in ENDGAME was
> made only of Vibranium. Still, yeah, Thanos was really strong.

I’m betting that Galactus could crack it, even if he is only made of bees.