Whip it, baby. Whip it right. Whip it, baby. Whip it all night!

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIRhino
+* Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIBTR1701
|+- Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIRhino2
|`* Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIanim8rfsk
| `* Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIBTR1701
|  +- Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIanim8rfsk
|  `- Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AImoviePig
`- Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AIsuper70s

1
[OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<tsj63s$29a75$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175580&group=rec.arts.tv#175580

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:51:56 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:51 UTC

This has to be seen to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]

Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic but manages to sing
Joe Biden's praises without any difficulty. The same AI refuses to say
anything favourable about fossil fuels.
--
Rhino

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<atropos-9AD519.11192115022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175588&group=rec.arts.tv#175588

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:19:21 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 19:19 UTC

In article <tsj63s$29a75$2@dont-email.me>,

> This has to be seen to be believed:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]
>
> Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
> nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic but manages to sing
> Joe Biden's praises without any difficulty. The same AI refuses to say
> anything favourable about fossil fuels.

I posted this earlier:

ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
except for white people:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0

Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
don't exist; the people do.)

https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21

When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
nevertheless.

The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
interests determine both history and objective reality.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<20fe6f85-43be-4a25-b5ad-16ab087685b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175598&group=rec.arts.tv#175598

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 14:16:33 -0800 (PST)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 22:16 UTC

On Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 2:18:37 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tsj63s$29a75$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>
> > This has to be seen to be believed:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]
> >
> > Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
> > nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic but manages to sing
> > Joe Biden's praises without any difficulty. The same AI refuses to say
> > anything favourable about fossil fuels.
> I posted this earlier:
>
> ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
> eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
> except for white people:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0

Yes, I remember that post. I don't think I responded but I certainly shook my head incredulously as I read it (both then and now).

> Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
> Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
> out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
> point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
> don't exist; the people do.)
>
> https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21
>
> When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
> stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
> nevertheless.
>
> The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
> view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
> Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
> interests determine both history and objective reality.

ChatGPT is (at least partially) an outright propaganda outlet telling the lies that support The Narrative of the "progressive" left. It should be turned off unless it can be re-programmed to tell the truth. Otherwise, it's no better than any other massively biased media.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<510208861.698204093.048218.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175618&group=rec.arts.tv#175618

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:43:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:43 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tsj63s$29a75$2@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This has to be seen to be believed:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]
>>
>> Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
>> nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic but manages to sing
>> Joe Biden's praises without any difficulty. The same AI refuses to say
>> anything favourable about fossil fuels.
>
> I posted this earlier:
>
> ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
> eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
> except for white people:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0
>
> Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
> Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
> out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
> point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
> don't exist; the people do.)
>
> https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21
>
> When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
> stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
> nevertheless.
>
> The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
> view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
> Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
> interests determine both history and objective reality.

I got busted yesterday by the Facebook AI for posting a Valentine’s Day
meme:

Are you the Covid vaccine? Because you make my heart swell!

And they added links to it so that you could see that the Covid vaccine has
saved several trillion lives so far and caused no one any problems
whatsoever.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<atropos-F49694.17570415022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175621&group=rec.arts.tv#175621

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:57:04 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:57 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article <tsj63s$29a75$2@dont-email.me>,
> > Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This has to be seen to be believed:
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]
> >>
> >> Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
> >> nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic but manages to sing
> >> Joe Biden's praises without any difficulty. The same AI refuses to say
> >> anything favourable about fossil fuels.
> >
> > I posted this earlier:
> >
> > ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
> > eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
> > except for white people:
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0
> >
> > Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
> > Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
> > out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
> > point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
> > don't exist; the people do.)
> >
> > https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21
> >
> > When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
> > stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
> > nevertheless.
> >
> > The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
> > view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
> > Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
> > interests determine both history and objective reality.
> >

> I got busted yesterday by the Facebook AI for posting a Valentine’s Day
> meme:
>
> Are you the Covid vaccine? Because you make my heart swell!
>
> And they added links to it so that you could see that the Covid vaccine
> has saved several trillion lives so far and caused no one any problems
> whatsoever.

Notice how they only 'fact check' jokes when they make fun of or
satirize leftists or leftist positions on issues?

You can make derogatory memes about conservatives and conservative
beliefs all day long and no one-- AI or real person-- appends a fact
check to it.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<872227971.698212857.701969.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175625&group=rec.arts.tv#175625

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:04:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 04:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <510208861.698204093.048218.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I posted this earlier:
>>>
>>> ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
>>> eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
>>> except for white people:
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0
>>>
>>> Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
>>> Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
>>> out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
>>> point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
>>> don't exist; the people do.)
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21
>>>
>>> When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
>>> stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
>>> nevertheless.
>>>
>>> The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
>>> view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
>>> Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
>>> interests determine both history and objective reality.
>>>

>> I got busted yesterday by the Facebook AI for posting a Valentine’s Day
>> meme:
>>
>> Are you the Covid vaccine? Because you make my heart swell!
>>
>> And they added links to it so that you could see that the Covid vaccine
>> has saved several trillion lives so far and caused no one any problems
>> whatsoever.
>
> Notice how they only 'fact check' jokes when they make fun of or
> satirize leftists or leftist positions on issues?
>
> You can make derogatory memes about conservatives and conservative
> beliefs all day long and no one-- AI or real person-- appends a fact
> check to it.

You also can’t block progressive websites or groups, but you can block
conservative websites and groups.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<dQsHL.901604$iS99.841521@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175667&group=rec.arts.tv#175667

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:27:53 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:27 UTC

On 2/15/2023 8:57 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <510208861.698204093.048218.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I posted this earlier:
>>>
>>> ChatGPT, the new AI that's been constantly in the news of late and will
>>> eventually become our overlord, says that no race has any inherent flaws
>>> except for white people:
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iaudmfd48f62sn/ChatGPT.jpg?dl=0
>>>
>>> Then there's this amazing thread in which Bitton asked it about
>>> Palestinian support for terrorism and the AI repeatedly minimized or
>>> out-and-out lied about Palestinian involvement in terrorism, to the
>>> point of making up quotes from people that don't exist. (The quotes
>>> don't exist; the people do.)
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/israelbitton/status/1624744618012160000?s=21
>>>
>>> When confronted with the facts, the AI admitted that the things it
>>> stated as fact were wrong or don't exist but kept on pushing the lie
>>> nevertheless.
>>>
>>> The author concludes that "ChatGPT may be the future but if this is its
>>> view of history, it'll only prove itself to be a harbinger of a Total
>>> Disinformation Age wherein historical facts are malleable and political
>>> interests determine both history and objective reality.
>>>

>> I got busted yesterday by the Facebook AI for posting a Valentine’s Day
>> meme:
>>
>> Are you the Covid vaccine? Because you make my heart swell!
>>
>> And they added links to it so that you could see that the Covid vaccine
>> has saved several trillion lives so far and caused no one any problems
>> whatsoever.
>
> Notice how they only 'fact check' jokes when they make fun of or
> satirize leftists or leftist positions on issues?
>
> You can make derogatory memes about conservatives and conservative
> beliefs all day long and no one-- AI or real person-- appends a fact
> check to it.

I doubt you can make such "derogatory memes" that directly contradict
best medical advice. The addenda seem minimal under the circumstances.

Re: [OT] ChatGPT is a "progressive" AI

<super70s-85F08F.00035217022023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175720&group=rec.arts.tv#175720

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:03:52 -0600
 by: super70s - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 06:03 UTC

In article <tsj63s$29a75$2@dont-email.me>,

> This has to be seen to be believed:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXklzyyS4A [6 minutes but start at 2:00]
>
> Imagine that: an AI that says it would be inappropriate to say anything
> nice about *anyone* when Trump is the proposed topic

You were expecting blood out of a turnip?