When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four. -- S. Johnson

arts / rec.arts.tv / Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

SubjectAuthor
* Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers ProsecutedBTR1701
+* Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecutedshawn
|+- Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Wantanim8rfsk
|`- Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killerstrotsky
+- Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killerstrotsky
+- Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Wantanim8rfsk
`- Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers ProsecutedUbiquitous

1
Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<atropos-227879.13224915022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175592&group=rec.arts.tv#175592

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:22:49 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:22 UTC

Why are Californians insane like this?

Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
the curb, at which point her killers drove away.

Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
caught).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0

I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
smite them. This is obscene.

On the other hand, the family says they want 'restorative justice'
instead of prison for the killers. For me, I wouldn't feel justicially
restored until I'd beaten the pieces of shit who killed my family member
to death, so if that's on the table, I retract my criticism.

(Since the killers are black, maybe the family should also sell the
woman's business and donate all her assets to her murderers as
reparations to cover their legal fees because of white ancestral
oppression, which undoubtedly was the reason they broke the law in the
first place.)

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<tljquhpp97q4hovhuir4n1ca3mrj36j53t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175593&group=rec.arts.tv#175593

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:31:29 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:31 UTC

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:22:49 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Why are Californians insane like this?
>
>Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
>after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
>and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
>the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>
>Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
>banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
>caught).
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0
>
>I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
>and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
>smite them. This is obscene.

I could understand if they didn't want the killers sentenced to death,
but someone that is willing to conduct such a crime isn't just waiting
for someone to give them a chance to be good. Which is presumably what
they mean by "restorative justice".

>On the other hand, the family says they want 'restorative justice'
>instead of prison for the killers. For me, I wouldn't feel justicially
>restored until I'd beaten the pieces of shit who killed my family member
>to death, so if that's on the table, I retract my criticism.

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<GfeHL.135740$mmyc.134789@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175614&group=rec.arts.tv#175614

Subject: Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers
Prosecuted
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:53:10 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 23:53 UTC

On 2/15/23 3:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Why are Californians insane like this?
>
> Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
> after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
> and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
> the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>
> Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
> banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
> caught).
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0
>
> I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
> and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
> smite them. This is obscene.

That's a load of bullshit. They'd obviously have many parties if you
got offed like that.

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<178124356.698204423.976773.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175619&group=rec.arts.tv#175619

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want
Killers Prosecuted
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:43:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:43 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> Why are Californians insane like this?
>
> Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
> after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
> and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
> the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>
> Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
> banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
> caught).
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0
>
> I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
> and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
> smite them. This is obscene.
>
> On the other hand, the family says they want 'restorative justice'
> instead of prison for the killers. For me, I wouldn't feel justicially
> restored until I'd beaten the pieces of shit who killed my family member
> to death, so if that's on the table, I retract my criticism.
>
> (Since the killers are black, maybe the family should also sell the
> woman's business and donate all her assets to her murderers as
> reparations to cover their legal fees because of white ancestral
> oppression, which undoubtedly was the reason they broke the law in the
> first place.)

This dropbox link worked.

You made me look up “restorative justice”.

What the literal fuck?

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<143847374.698204490.654986.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175620&group=rec.arts.tv#175620

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Killers Prosecuted
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:43:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:43 UTC

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:22:49 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Why are Californians insane like this?
>>
>> Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
>> after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
>> and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
>> the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>>
>> Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
>> banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
>> caught).
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0
>>
>> I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
>> and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
>> smite them. This is obscene.
>
> I could understand if they didn't want the killers sentenced to death,
> but someone that is willing to conduct such a crime isn't just waiting
> for someone to give them a chance to be good. Which is presumably what
> they mean by "restorative justice".
>
>> On the other hand, the family says they want 'restorative justice'
>> instead of prison for the killers. For me, I wouldn't feel justicially
>> restored until I'd beaten the pieces of shit who killed my family member
>> to death, so if that's on the table, I retract my criticism.

I would think restorative justice means “reanimator“.

But Siri says it just means mediation.

Since the legal system is now off the table, beating them to death, and
then their parents, and then their children and then everyone with the same
last name as them might be available.

Oh, yeah, and everybody seeking restorative justice while we’re at it.

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<ZxoHL.98878$b7Kc.90388@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175649&group=rec.arts.tv#175649

Prosecuted
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:35:21 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:35 UTC

On 2/16/23 2:00 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 February 2023 at 16:31:35 UTC-5, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:22:49 -0800, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Why are Californians insane like this?
>>>
>>> Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
>>> after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
>>> and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
>>> the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>>>
>>> Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
>>> banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're
>>> caught).
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0
>>>
>>> I don't even have a frame of reference to understand this. If my family
>>> and friends pulled this shit after my murder, I'd rise from my grave to
>>> smite them. This is obscene.
>> I could understand if they didn't want the killers sentenced to death,
>> but someone that is willing to conduct such a crime isn't just waiting
>> for someone to give them a chance to be good. Which is presumably what
>> they mean by "restorative justice".
>>> On the other hand, the family says they want 'restorative justice'
>>> instead of prison for the killers. For me, I wouldn't feel justicially
>>> restored until I'd beaten the pieces of shit who killed my family member
>>> to death, so if that's on the table, I retract my criticism.
>>>

> 50 percent of violent offenders commit violent crimes while out on bail. How much forgiving is enough?

Cite for your horseshit?

Re: Oakland Woman Brutally Murdered; Family Doesn't Want Killers Prosecuted

<tslfqm$399p1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175659&group=rec.arts.tv#175659

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:49:57 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 14:49 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

> Why are Californians insane like this?
>
> Two thugs smashed her car window, ran off with her belongings. She ran
> after their getaway car, caught up but got her arm trapped in the door
> and was dragged 50 feet, where her head was crushed between the car and
> the curb, at which point her killers drove away.
>
> Now the dead woman's family say they want to honor her commitment to
> banning prisons and don't want her killers prosecuted (if they're caught).
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn1gexjh80lmqz5/Oakland.jpg?dl=0

I hope the people who did this do it to at least another family member.

--
Let's go Brandon!