Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing as division.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)BTR1701
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)suzeeq
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)BTR1701
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)suzeeq
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)A Friend
  ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  || `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  ||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
  |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  |    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  |     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  |      `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)anim8rfsk
  |       `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)Ubiquitous

Pages:12
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)

<1548058659.698169737.081550.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175573&group=rec.arts.tv#175573

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 09:13:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:13 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> What?
>>
>> In an interview in a magazine (probably star log) they asked a special
>> effects guy why the aliens in the TV show didn't look anything like the
>> aliens in the movie. He said they mutated in the drums. Because he's an
>> idiot.
>
> Ah, OK. I haven't seen the movie in decades, but I thought they looked like
> the ones in the movie, or at least what little they showed.

I honestly don’t remember what the first wave of aliens in the TV show
looked like beyond that they had a third hand that came out of the middle
of the hosts chest. But it was enough so that the reporter asked about it,
and the effects guy came up with a weird excuse.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-02-06 (Monday)

<tsl749$389hp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175651&group=rec.arts.tv#175651

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 07:21:02 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:21 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> In an interview in a magazine (probably star log) they asked a special
>>> effects guy why the aliens in the TV show didn't look anything like the
>>> aliens in the movie. He said they mutated in the drums. Because he's an
>>> idiot.
>>
>> Ah, OK. I haven't seen the movie in decades, but I thought they looked
>> like the ones in the movie, or at least what little they showed.
>
>I honestly don't remember what the first wave of aliens in the TV show
>looked like beyond that they had a third hand that came out of the middle
>of the hosts chest. But it was enough so that the reporter asked about it,
>and the effects guy came up with a weird excuse.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we ever got a full frontal view of them. We defintirely
saw their three-fingered hands.

https://reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com/2011/10/cult-tv-flashback-144-war-of-worlds.html

https://img08.deviantart.net/7f21/i/2016/134/4/3/war_of_the_worlds_tv_series___mor_taxan_by_khialat-da2fhvn.jpg

--