Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs

SubjectAuthor
* Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffsm syadoz
`* Re: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffsshawn
 `- Re: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffsBTR1701

1
Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs

<66959180-8a0f-4099-a5e4-b5a822d3fc7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175774&group=rec.arts.tv#175774

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:12:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs
From: syad...@gmail.com (m syadoz)
 by: m syadoz - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 21:12 UTC

Liam Neeson Says ‘Star Wars’ Is Being Hurt by ‘So Many Spinoffs’: ‘It’s Taken Away the Mystery and the Magic’

My problem with it is I cannot remember all the complex history and then I cannot get engrossed in the spinoffs before rewatching the originals and prequels.

The mystery and magic remain unaffected.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/liam-neeson-disses-star-wars-hurt-spinoffs-1235526503/

Re: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs

<q312vhto145rs1rst6decms5n1ms0g2qpr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175904&group=rec.arts.tv#175904

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 12:05:02 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:05 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:12:21 -0800 (PST), m syadoz <syadoz1@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Liam Neeson Says ‘Star Wars’ Is Being Hurt by ‘So Many Spinoffs’: ‘It’s Taken Away the Mystery and the Magic’
>
>My problem with it is I cannot remember all the complex history and then I cannot get engrossed in the spinoffs before rewatching the originals and prequels.
>
>The mystery and magic remain unaffected.
>
>https://variety.com/2023/film/news/liam-neeson-disses-star-wars-hurt-spinoffs-1235526503/

At least Marvel has figured things out with the new management at
Disney. Instead of trying to flood the market with as many shows as
they can make they are cutting back on the shows so they can
concentrate on the few shows they are going to make. They are even
delaying the release of some of their movies like THE MARVELS so that
they can do a better job on the CGI.

They can do a great job with Star Wars but not by flooding the market
with new shows. ANDOR proves that they still have some magic left, but
it's really the only show to really hit mark in the last year.

Re: Liam Neeson against Star Wars spinoffs

<atropos-E33027.10214118022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175925&group=rec.arts.tv#175925

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 10:21:41 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 18:21 UTC

In article <q312vhto145rs1rst6decms5n1ms0g2qpr@4ax.com>,

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:12:21 -0800 (PST), m syadoz <syadoz1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Liam Neeson Says STAR WARS Is Being Hurt by So Many Spinoffs: "It's
> >Taken Away the Mystery and the Magic"
> >
> >My problem with it is I cannot remember all the complex history and then I
> >cannot get engrossed in the spinoffs before rewatching the originals and
> >prequels.
> >
> >The mystery and magic remain unaffected.
> >
> >https://variety.com/2023/film/news/liam-neeson-disses-star-wars-hurt-spinoffs
> >-1235526503/
>
> At least Marvel has figured things out with the new management at
> Disney. Instead of trying to flood the market with as many shows as
> they can make they are cutting back on the shows so they can
> concentrate on the few shows they are going to make. They are even
> delaying the release of some of their movies like THE MARVELS so that
> they can do a better job on the CGI.
>
> They can do a great job with Star Wars but not by flooding the market
> with new shows. ANDOR proves that they still have some magic left, but
> it's really the only show to really hit mark in the last year.

I enjoyed OBI-WAN, but mostly for the scenes with Vader.

I did hate that Kathleen Kennedy took yet another classic male STAR WARS
character and defanged him (he's now a dysfunctional old hermit who
can't even use the Force anymore) in favor of a girl, this time a
literal girl in the form of a midget Princess Leia.