Your wise men don't know how it feels To be thick as a brick. -- Jethro Tull, "Thick As A Brick"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

SubjectAuthor
* Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match EBTR1701
+- Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hairchromebook test
+* Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown HairDavid Johnston
|`* Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown HairAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown HairDavid Johnston
|  `- Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown HairAdam H. Kerman
`- Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hairtrotsky

1
Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<jbednfH1X8RbPHP-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175693&group=rec.arts.tv#175693

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 21:36:06 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 21:36 UTC

An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture government for
forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black, which resulted to
irritation on her scalp.

Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair, according to
Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she is still considered
as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the Osaka government for 2.2
million yen ($19,300) for the damages.

The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
educators continued to stick by their rule. The daughter was then forced to
make a decision: "either dye the hair black or quit school," the lawsuit
stated.

The teenager reportedly stopped attending her school since September 2016.
According to her lawyer, she is still being considered as a student in the
school but her name doesn't appear in any of the classrooms and her seat has
been removed.

Japanese schools are extremely strict when rules are concerned. In fact, most
schools in the country do not encourage its students to change their physical
appearance-- this must be followed strictly no matter what. Changing how they
look like wearing make-up, dying their hair to even wearing colored contact
lenses and tweezing their eyebrows/eyelashes are strictly forbidden.

Both the school and the woman in question have yet to release any comment to
the media regarding the matter, said on the report.

https://nextshark.com/teen-sues-osaka-government-19000-forcing-dye-natural-brown-hair-black

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<47c712c4-1ce7-46a3-a15c-35da0edc0792n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175704&group=rec.arts.tv#175704

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 18:15:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair
Black to Match Everyone Else
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:15 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 4:36:16 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture government for
> forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black, which resulted to
> irritation on her scalp.
>
> Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
> reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair, according to
> Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she is still considered
> as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the Osaka government for 2.2
> million yen ($19,300) for the damages.
>
> The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
> enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
> educators continued to stick by their rule. The daughter was then forced to
> make a decision: "either dye the hair black or quit school," the lawsuit
> stated.
>
> The teenager reportedly stopped attending her school since September 2016..
> According to her lawyer, she is still being considered as a student in the
> school but her name doesn't appear in any of the classrooms and her seat has
> been removed.
>
> Japanese schools are extremely strict when rules are concerned. In fact, most
> schools in the country do not encourage its students to change their physical
> appearance-- this must be followed strictly no matter what. Changing how they
> look like wearing make-up, dying their hair to even wearing colored contact
> lenses and tweezing their eyebrows/eyelashes are strictly forbidden.
>
> Both the school and the woman in question have yet to release any comment to
> the media regarding the matter, said on the report.
>

> https://nextshark.com/teen-sues-osaka-government-19000-forcing-dye-natural-brown-hair-black

Sounds a little like a chapter from the early career of Wayne Newton, who dyed his hair brown to look less Native American. Later in his career he let his hair go back to the natural black, and for some God awful reason, started a regime of facelift surgeries, which makes him look like he is from the tribe of Kenny Rogers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPILZS1hc8

-------------

I have considered that Wayne Newton bears a striking resemblance physically and vocally to KD Lang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqPjx94YMg

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<tspg25$3sq6f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175808&group=rec.arts.tv#175808

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Black to Match Everyone Else
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 20:18:27 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 03:18 UTC

On 2023-02-16 2:36 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture government for
> forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black, which resulted to
> irritation on her scalp.
>
> Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
> reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair, according to
> Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she is still considered
> as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the Osaka government for 2.2
> million yen ($19,300) for the damages.
>
> The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
> enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
> educators continued to stick by their rule.

Of course strictly speaking they were breaking their own rules. Dying
your hair was against the school district regulations.

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<3D1IL.1033322$9sn9.27690@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175854&group=rec.arts.tv#175854

Black to Match Everyone Else
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 04:19:43 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 10:19 UTC

On 2/16/23 3:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture government for
> forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black, which resulted to
> irritation on her scalp.
>
> Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
> reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair, according to
> Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she is still considered
> as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the Osaka government for 2.2
> million yen ($19,300) for the damages.
>
> The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
> enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
> educators continued to stick by their rule. The daughter was then forced to
> make a decision: "either dye the hair black or quit school," the lawsuit
> stated.
>
> The teenager reportedly stopped attending her school since September 2016.
> According to her lawyer, she is still being considered as a student in the
> school but her name doesn't appear in any of the classrooms and her seat has
> been removed.
>
> Japanese schools are extremely strict when rules are concerned. In fact, most
> schools in the country do not encourage its students to change their physical
> appearance-- this must be followed strictly no matter what. Changing how they
> look like wearing make-up, dying their hair to even wearing colored contact
> lenses and tweezing their eyebrows/eyelashes are strictly forbidden.
>
> Both the school and the woman in question have yet to release any comment to
> the media regarding the matter, said on the report.
>

> https://nextshark.com/teen-sues-osaka-government-19000-forcing-dye-natural-brown-hair-black

More proof that totalitarian rules and regimes are always horseshit. If
only Republicans were able to comprehend this.

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<tsqj0t$qua$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175875&group=rec.arts.tv#175875

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Black to Match Everyone Else
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 13:15:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 13:15 UTC

David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 2023-02-16 2:36 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:

>>An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture
>>government for forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black,
>>which resulted to irritation on her scalp.

>>Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
>>reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair,
>>according to Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she
>>is still considered as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the
>>Osaka government for 2.2 million yen ($19,300) for the damages.

>>The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
>>enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
>>educators continued to stick by their rule.

>Of course strictly speaking they were breaking their own rules. Dying
>your hair was against the school district regulations.

What the fuck, Johnston? The school authorities are enforcing conformity
in their image of what a school girl must look like. The no make up rule
would probably require makeup in the case of making a concealer
mandatory to cover up genetic skin flaws like vitiligo. My guess about
this is probably right but I'm not going to read their code.

It doesn't matter. Children are not allowed to disobey arbitrary rules,
including the rules that cause them harm, and Japanese authorities are
almost never held accountable for their failure to act in an
individual's best interest.

You know all this. What is there to argue about?

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<tss3k6$6oiu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175952&group=rec.arts.tv#175952

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Black to Match Everyone Else
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 20:04:36 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 03:04 UTC

On 2023-02-18 6:15 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-02-16 2:36 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>
>>> An 18-year-old Japanese woman is now suing the Osaka prefecture
>>> government for forcing her to dye her naturally brown hair to black,
>>> which resulted to irritation on her scalp.
>
>>> Multiple applications of the chemicals for the dye had caused a severe
>>> reaction on her scalp, giving her rashes as well as damaged hair,
>>> according to Japan Times. The student, who is left unnamed because she
>>> is still considered as a minor in the country, is looking to sue the
>>> Osaka government for 2.2 million yen ($19,300) for the damages.
>
>>> The mother already informed Kaifukan School in Habikino city before the
>>> enrollment that her daughter has a naturally brown hair. However, the
>>> educators continued to stick by their rule.
>
>> Of course strictly speaking they were breaking their own rules. Dying
>> your hair was against the school district regulations.
>
> What the fuck, Johnston? The school authorities are enforcing conformity
> in their image of what a school girl must look like. The no make up rule
> would probably require makeup in the case of making a concealer
> mandatory to cover up genetic skin flaws like vitiligo. My guess about
> this is probably right but I'm not going to read their code.
>
> It doesn't matter. Children are not allowed to disobey arbitrary rules,
> including the rules that cause them harm, and Japanese authorities are
> almost never held accountable for their failure to act in an
> individual's best interest.
>
> You know all this. What is there to argue about?

The fact that they were violating their own rule means she actually has
a chance of winning her suit, even in Japan.

Re: Japanese Girl Sues School for Forcing Her to Dye Her Brown Hair Black to Match Everyone Else

<tstbb4$dlkv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175982&group=rec.arts.tv#175982

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Black to Match Everyone Else
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 14:22:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 14:22 UTC

David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 2023-02-18 6:15 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Of course strictly speaking they were breaking their own rules. Dying
>>>your hair was against the school district regulations.

>>What the fuck, Johnston? The school authorities are enforcing conformity
>>in their image of what a school girl must look like. The no make up rule
>>would probably require makeup in the case of making a concealer
>>mandatory to cover up genetic skin flaws like vitiligo. My guess about
>>this is probably right but I'm not going to read their code.

>>It doesn't matter. Children are not allowed to disobey arbitrary rules,
>>including the rules that cause them harm, and Japanese authorities are
>>almost never held accountable for their failure to act in an
>>individual's best interest.

>>You know all this. What is there to argue about?

>The fact that they were violating their own rule means she actually has
>a chance of winning her suit, even in Japan.

I don't believe for a minute that you read the rule in the original
Japanese nor understand its implications. Individual liberty in Japan?
The right to appear to be who you are? The school will prevail.

You must be thinking of some Japan that does not exist.