From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Subject: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2023 09:00:11 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 13:00 UTC

"The Mandalorian" recently surprised fans with two cameo guest star
appearances: Lizzo and Jack Black.

The two actors were featured in Wednesday's episode, "Chapter 22: Guns for
Hire." The popular "Star Wars" spinoff stars Pedro Pascal as the titular
character in the Disney+ series.

Lizzo and Black played the Duchess and Captain Bombardier, a married couple
ruling a planet named Plazir-15, which is being terrorized by its droids. Din
Djarin (Pascal), Grogu, and Bo-Katan (Katee Sackhoff) meet the duo on their
travels.

The episode also featured "Back to the Future" star Christopher Lloyd playing
Commissioner Helgait.

Social media users shared their reactions upon seeing the "School of Rock"
star and "Truth Hurts" singer appearing on the show.

"What are lizzo and jack black doing here?" one Twitter reaction asked,
echoing what so many others were saying.

what are lizzo and jack black doing here ?? #themandalorian
pic.twitter.com/9aL5to3Ktj

-- cyn (@lacriimas) April 5, 2023

"It was so bad my 3 kids couldn't even watch these scenes. They've seen
enough good movies to instantly recognize just how awful it was in every
aspect. The first 2 seasons were not great - but enjoyable. Season 3 feels
like Disney handed the reins over to their college interns," another account
posted.

"Never shocked by what Disney decides to do," a third account chimed in.

Lizzo, who has dressed as "Star Wars" characters before for Halloween, posted
on Twitter about the cameo.

"As a kid my dad showed me Star Wars like a rite of passage. When I got the
role of The Dutchess [sic] I cried all day. Dad I wish u were here to see
this! Thanks to everyone in the Galaxy I am now part of the ever-expanding
saga of the stars," she wrote. "This is The Way... May the Force be with U."

Black also commemorated his cameo by sharing a post of himself and Lizzo in
full makeup and costumes to his Instagram. He wrote in the caption, "So fun
working. with @lizzobeeating on @themandalorian as the king and queen of
Plazir-15!!!"

While some viewers admitted that Black and Lizzo weren't horrible in the
episode, their cameos still confused fans.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<u1ig7t$2t88i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#175

From: use...@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 03:59:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 03:59 UTC

In article <u0p44r$qo67$5@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>"The Mandalorian" recently surprised fans with two cameo guest star
>appearances: Lizzo and Jack Black.

I'm aware of who Jack Black is, had never heard of Lizzo,
and haven't watched any of The Mandalorian because I'm not
subscribing to Yet Another Pay Service With Maybe One Show
I Might Want To Watch.

But my instant thought on this was "Star Wars Holiday Special.
Bea Arthur and Art Carney."
--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<r0qp3ihd9eg7gf2oo379i1ucf7c6jjsv17@jwbrown.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#176

From: jer...@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid (Jerry Brown)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 07:38:13 +0100
 by: Jerry Brown - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 06:38 UTC

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 03:59:57 -0000 (UTC), Mike Van Pelt
<usenet@mikevanpelt.com> wrote:

>In article <u0p44r$qo67$5@dont-email.me>,
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>"The Mandalorian" recently surprised fans with two cameo guest star
>>appearances: Lizzo and Jack Black.
>
>I'm aware of who Jack Black is, had never heard of Lizzo,
>and haven't watched any of The Mandalorian because I'm not
>subscribing to Yet Another Pay Service With Maybe One Show
>I Might Want To Watch.
>
>But my instant thought on this was "Star Wars Holiday Special.
>Bea Arthur and Art Carney."

It's down there with the alien Penn&Teller tribute act played by the
real P&T on Babylon 5 all those decades ago.

AFAIC the Star Wars franchise isn't one which benefits from celebrity
cameos (the late "Legends of Tomorrow" with its anything-goes MO might
have been a better fit).

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<u1k0p0$34fme$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#177

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 13:48:16 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 17:48 UTC

In article <u1ig7t$2t88i$1@dont-email.me>, usenet@mikevanpelt.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>"The Mandalorian" recently surprised fans with two cameo guest star
>>appearances: Lizzo and Jack Black.
>
>I'm aware of who Jack Black is, had never heard of Lizzo,

Lucky you!

She's an alleged musician who caused a flap when she tried to play
Washington's gold flute in her butt.

Well, something like that.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<u1sfoa$p6cm$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#179

From: use...@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 22:52:58 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: mike@Mike-Laptop.localdomain (Mike-Laptop)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 22:52 UTC

In article <u1k0p0$34fme$3@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>In article <u1ig7t$2t88i$1@dont-email.me>, usenet@mikevanpelt.com wrote:
>>I'm aware of who Jack Black is, had never heard of Lizzo,
>
>Lucky you!
>
>She's an alleged musician who caused a flap when she tried to play
>Washington's gold flute in her butt.

Oh. I vaguely recall some news item about something like that.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<%dr0M.2334732$9sn9.1959984@fx17.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#180

Subject: Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The
Mandalorian"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:49:14 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:49 UTC

On 4/20/23 5:52 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <u1k0p0$34fme$3@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <u1ig7t$2t88i$1@dont-email.me>, usenet@mikevanpelt.com wrote:
>>> I'm aware of who Jack Black is, had never heard of Lizzo,
>>
>> Lucky you!
>>
>> She's an alleged musician who caused a flap when she tried to play
>> Washington's gold flute in her butt.
>
> Oh. I vaguely recall some news item about something like that.

Now you don't. Lizzo studied flute. Pubie studied pubic hairs. Big
difference.

Re: Lizzo And Jack Black Confuse "Star Wars" Fans With Cameos In "The Mandalorian"

<u1p8kk$4guu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#181

Followup: rec.arts,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Followup-to: rec.arts,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 05:47:14 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 09:47 UTC

gmsingh@email.com wrote:
>On 4/20/23 5:52 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Lucky you!
>>>
>>> She's an alleged musician who caused a flap when she tried to play
>>> Washington's gold flute in her butt.
>>
>> Oh. I vaguely recall some news item about something like that.
>
>Now you don't. Lizzo studied flute. Pubie studied pubic hairs. Big
>difference.

Well, there yuo go being a sore looser after losing yet another debate with
me, again!

Ad hominem noted.
Epithet noted.
Projection noted.

Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!