From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #286: A Lurk of Faith the Conclusion
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 21:00:49 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20221208; t=1684098047; x=1686690047;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:date:newsgroups:path
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=BZyo9M9QApAjUAWMdK9MkWp+YZs6n3yjp45B+2JxbvM=;
b=B+qYVFWlBObT4Q0idXDVkpePBrrJaJv6x9igT5gN8NSmkFeSxER/+NKSlkan+bnBB+
rkkNdYIkjTsV4HOp0JJA8h7t1rplLtYrDjN4orwKIR2iJvF6Gk2rkfQlzKv1zqzV+8n0
xOKTqCorjzljavReTOJ22JJa64bYe/P54eESLXn1KjNX9GQhp6LemffgZ17XKk/ri8Cd
Kl75Raulk1bjD9bCMGT1nSnep8a5Oxf6fd+eU4RAgJ1WW9/gjJwjuyyHJZONadQzBa2Z
ugTqhd1VzGYVnPI+a+w3jsW9fghdNxj/1z4SHvPQ0oGnUsfzeC6lamBkNIxtwSs2UNOm
Bo5A==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 14 May 2023 21:00 UTC

And we're back in the past and can check the eyrie archive
once again.

And here's where you can find Lurk of Faith and more 501 Blues
related stuff:

https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/501.Blues/

And here's the Conclusion of The 501 Blues: A Lurk of Faith miniseries
by Todd "Scavenger" Kogutt! Is having to be leader of the LNH a
suitable punishment for not appearing in the Cosmic Plot Device
Caper?! Will Pocket Man get a brain virus that causes him to act like
Master Blaster?! Will the Man with the Black Hat become one of the
LNH's Greatest Villains?! Can Four Color Lad avoid dying in this mini
so he can die in the Kid Anarky mini?! And can Lurking Girl and
Rebel Yell's romance survive the whole 'Who's Lurking Lass and Who's
She Sleeping with?!' explanation thingee?!!

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #286

=====================
A Lurk of Faith The Conclusion
=====================

(These credits really should've been in the last one, but here they are
in this one!)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Klone Crimson (and his dialogue) (c) Mark Friedman and appears with permission
Shadow Knight (c) uplink and appears with permission
Shadowcat and Argus (c) Jay Brandt and , of course, appears with permission
Ratz and the Chatsubo (c) William Gibson, and hey-the a.c.c'ers stole it first!
All LNHERs belong to the group as a whole, cause we don't do that silly (c)
stuff yet.

THE 501 BLUES: A LURK OF FAITH
by SCAVENGER
CHAPTER 2: LURK BEFORE YOU LEAP----Part 1

LURKING GIRL was having a good day. The Electrocutioner's song had
been over for two days, and she had yet to involved in a cheesy
epilogue. Heck, the cross over itself hadn't been that bad. Well,
she had been kidnapped again. And then two of the villains had been
revealed to be her sons from some alternate future that could never
happen anyway. And then she found out that she wasn't their mother,
that damn LURKING LASS had shown up once again to plague her life;
_SHE_ had been the mother, and REBEL YELL had been the father!!!
Although she and Reb were only good friends, this had infuriated her!
And to top it off, POCKET MAN had been pestering her again! This was
shaping into a really rotten day, after all...
As she prepared to head down to the Peril Room to destroy something,
Lurking Girl noticed the ".sig for the day," which was flashing on
her monitor. SIG.LAD been posting them everyday amidst the joy of
being able to control his power. The message was especially poignant
today: "Cross-overs come, and cross-overs go, but a real story-line
lasts forever." Luri thought about this and realized that Sig was
right. It was _just_ a cross-over. And Pocket-Man was harmless---
annoying as anything, but harmless. She felt better already.
Lurking Girl finshed dressing. Checking herself in the mirror, she
made a decision: today was the day! No more stonewalling, no more
misdirection, no more evasion. Today was the day that she would
force Rebel Yell to tell her about Lurking Lass! "And if he won't
cooperate-operate," she said to herself, "well, I have ways of convincing
him....which would be a pretty fun way of spending the day too, heh."
Luri suddenly realized what she had said, and became a little
embarrassed. She wasn't quite sure where that thought had come from;
she also wasn't sure whether she minded it either. >sigh< "Ah well,
I'll figure it out eventually. Now where would Rebel Yell be?"
As if on cue, the Southern Knight's voice poured from the comm panel.
"LURKING GIRL, PLEASE COME TO THE HOLODECSTATION."
"Hmm," she thought. "That was easier than I thought. His voice
sounded...wierd, though, like he was straining to talk. Hmmm...well,
I'm sure he'll tell me what's wrong."
She left her quarters and headed to the HoloDecStation.
On her way, Luri stopped to look at the team pictures on the wall.
She saw the first group of LNHers, the Golden Agers. God, she looked
young. And there was Rebel Yell off in the corner. She smiled at the
thought of the old days. As the pictures progressed, she noticed that
Rebel Yell had taken a position near the center. Being leader suited
him. It was...right. She stood next to him, in her position as
deputy leader. They had led this group better than anyone had
expected...including them. She noticed herself, in another picture.
"Funny, I don't remember taking that one....Oh well, I better get
going."
She turned to go and walked smack dab into...
"Pocket Man! Oh, uh, I didn't see you there." she stammered.
"Well I saw you, and what a sweet sight it was! So the boss man wants
to see you in the Holo-chamber, huh. Well, how 'bout you let me give
you some reality, say a week at the tropical resort of your choice? I
just happen to have tickets, first class I might add, to Aruba.
Think about it, you, me, the beach, the stars, me, a bottle of
champagne, a bear skin rug, and me, eh?"
Lurking Girl replied, "Uh, not that it doesn't sound, um,
delightful, but I'm afraid I'm really busy right now, y'know. Maybe
in a year or so...I'd love to talk about it, but I really have to run
now!" She hurried past him.
"Hey, babe, no problemo! I'll catch you late...'a year or so'!
Hey!!" But Lurking Girl had disappeared around the corner.
>sigh< "He can really get on your nerves, but I suppose I can't blame
him, heh." >giggle< "Ah! I'm here." A glance at the status board
told her that Reb was inside and alone. She primped her hair, entered
the room, and announced: "I just came by to tell you how wonderful I
am!"
The room was dark, but the light available from the hall showed Rebel
Yell sitting in a chair. He looked...weary.
She continued, "Aw, c'mon. that was a good allusion. Poignant,
meaningful, and really obscure. You should like it! But, uh, you
don't seem to, uh, be in the mood for amusing quotes, so I'll
just shut up now. Want to tell me what's wrong?"
"It's time."
"Time for what?" she asked, even though she suspected she knew the
answer. Maybe today's goal was a bad idea.
"It's time I told you about Lurking Lass. I would've told you sooner,
but truthfully, I didn't know. I had a few ideas, but no proof.
Earlier I found proof, and the truth is worse than I had thought."
Lurking Girl felt a twinge of nervousness. "Uh, if you'd rather
not do this now, it's okay with me..."
"Honestly, I'd prefer that you never find out. Only MULTI-TASKING
MAN, TYPO LAD, you, me, and my alt's know that you and Lurking Lass
were different people. And only LIST LAD and myself know the truth
behind it all. I would love to keep it that way, but the information
will eventually come out, and I want you to hear it from me."
"Oh, I see." Aruba was starting to look really good about now,
Lurking Girl thought.
"Please sit down."
Luri did so, and pulled her legs up and hugged her knees.
"Computer, run program."
Images of the early LNH filled the room. Around the seated
net.heroes, the HoloDecStation transformed into a scene from the past.
The images began to move...
The Cosmic-Plot-Device-Caper was over. The villains had been
defeated, their evil plan foiled, and the Device itself had been
shattered. And even though Y-PLEX-BURP, the evil genius behind the
malicious manipulation of the Legion's lives, had escaped, the LNH was
quite pleased with the outcome.

Click here to read the complete article