If God wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs? -- Marvin Kitman

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingBTR1701
+* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestinganim8rfsk
|+* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingshawn
||`- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestinganim8rfsk
|`- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingBTR1701
+* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingAdam H. Kerman
|+- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingchromebook test
|`* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingBTR1701
| `- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingEd Stasiak
+* Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingDavid Johnston
|+- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingDimensional Traveler
|`- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingBTR1701
`- Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interestingtrotsky

1
Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<wdidneV5AOlm8Z35nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177536&group=rec.arts.tv#177536

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 09:31:39 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 09:31 UTC

On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>

> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html
>

> https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool

I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.

It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
complain it hurts too much or something.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<559383281.699443819.693507.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177537&group=rec.arts.tv#177537

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 03:21:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 10:21 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html
>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool
>
> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>
> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
complain it hurts too much or something.

You’ve never heard people complaining that you get X many seconds of useful
consciousness as a severed head and that there are all these well
documented stories of their heads looking at their executioners?

What do you mean, morons?

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<jf410il7b3b8s9hmkak03mnev2j7v43n74@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177550&group=rec.arts.tv#177550

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 07:10:01 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:10 UTC

On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 03:21:35 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.

>> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>>
>> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
>has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
>injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
>complain it hurts too much or something.
>

>You’ve never heard people complaining that you get X many seconds of useful
>consciousness as a severed head and that there are all these well
>documented stories of their heads looking at their executioners?

I have heard of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hm9jjAJnsE
How Long Does A Severed Head Remain Conscious? | Random Thursday

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<ttq5k6$a0vq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177557&group=rec.arts.tv#177557

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:42:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:42 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
>>to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>>botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>>exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>>it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.

>>https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html

>>https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool

>I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.

How can you bring back a method that wasn't used in the United States?

>It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
>has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
>injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
>complain it hurts too much or something.

Were there failures with the gas chamber?

I have no idea where the three-drug protocol came from. Vetrinarians
have always known how to euthenize animals and those methods would have
worked adequately for executions.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<114455556.699457342.484947.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177566&group=rec.arts.tv#177566

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 06:47:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 13:47 UTC

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 03:21:35 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>>> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.

>>> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>>>
>>> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
>> has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
>> injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
>> complain it hurts too much or something.
>>

>> You’ve never heard people complaining that you get X many seconds of useful
>> consciousness as a severed head and that there are all these well
>> documented stories of their heads looking at their executioners?
>
> I have heard of it.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hm9jjAJnsE
> How Long Does A Severed Head Remain Conscious? | Random Thursday

OK, that was just freaking excellent. Thank you for posting that.

I love the background. He’s got a black Mjölnir with the lost in space
robot!

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<38693ac1-0320-44b6-a716-a4975b8119edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177578&group=rec.arts.tv#177578

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 07:32:53 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 15:32 UTC

On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 7:42:50 AM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>It's a method you can get in Mississippi

> >I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.

> Were there failures with the gas chamber?

Apparently, quite a few

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ahead-of-annual-memorial-day-161400-holocaust-survivors-living-in-israel/

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<4Gidndn1k5Hscp35nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177594&group=rec.arts.tv#177594

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 18:48:17 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 18:48 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.

>> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>>
>> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
> has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
> injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
> complain it hurts too much or something.
>

> You’ve never heard people complaining that you get X many seconds of useful
> consciousness as a severed head and that there are all these well
> documented stories of their heads looking at their executioners?

Urban myth. But just to be sure, put a blindfold on them.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<atropos-970EEF.10503502032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177595&group=rec.arts.tv#177595

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 10:50:35 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 18:50 UTC

In article <ttq5k6$a0vq$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does
> >>seem
> >>to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
> >>botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
> >>exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
> >>it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>
> >>https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index
> >>.html
>
> >>https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=
> >>v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool
>
> >I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>
> How can you bring back a method that wasn't used in the United States?
>
> >It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
> >has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
> >injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
> >complain it hurts too much or something.
>
> Were there failures with the gas chamber?
>
> I have no idea where the three-drug protocol came from. Vetrinarians
> have always known how to euthenize animals and those methods would have
> worked adequately for executions.

Hell, they keep telling us how deadly fentanyl is-- just one grain of
salt's worth can kill you almost instantly-- so give the guy a
tablespoon of fentanyl. We certainly have no shortage of it floating
around thanks to Biden's open border.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<ttqv38$ch33$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177604&group=rec.arts.tv#177604

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 19:57:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 19:57 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.

>>How can you bring back a method that wasn't used in the United States?

>>>It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
>>>has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
>>>injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
>>>complain it hurts too much or something.

>>Were there failures with the gas chamber?

>>I have no idea where the three-drug protocol came from. Vetrinarians
>>have always known how to euthenize animals and those methods would have
>>worked adequately for executions.

>Hell, they keep telling us how deadly fentanyl is-- just one grain of
>salt's worth can kill you almost instantly-- so give the guy a
>tablespoon of fentanyl. We certainly have no shortage of it floating
>around thanks to Biden's open border.

Huh. That makes fentanyl deadlier than DZ-5.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<24f6dbad-ee8d-4295-beb4-8dd7c3c0af4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177618&group=rec.arts.tv#177618

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:34:47 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:34 UTC

> BTR1701
> > RichA
> >
> > It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama.
>
> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.

Far too many people are wrongly convicted, for capital punishment to be an option.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<ttr636$dafs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177628&group=rec.arts.tv#177628

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:56:53 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 21:56 UTC

On 2023-03-02 2:31 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html
>>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool
>
> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>
> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
> has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
> injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
> complain it hurts too much or something.

Guillotines were abandoned not for humanitarian reasons but because of
squeamishness because it's the bloodiest means of execution possible.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<Ch9ML.1410141$9sn9.246753@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177635&group=rec.arts.tv#177635

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 16:19:13 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:19 UTC

On 3/2/23 3:31 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does seem
>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no question of
>> botching it, the person will die. This might also be a good way of
>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up the abode, fill
>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html
>>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool
>
> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>
> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
> has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
> injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
> complain it hurts too much or something.

Good luck with that. You sure are good at backing losers.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<ttr9qf$dklr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177650&group=rec.arts.tv#177650

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 15:00:33 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 23:00 UTC

On 3/2/2023 1:56 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2023-03-02 2:31 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama.  It
>>> does seem
>>> to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no
>>> question of
>>> botching it, the person will die.  This might also be a good way of
>>> exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs.  Seal up the
>>> abode, fill
>>> it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.
>>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/us/alan-eugene-miller-stay-of-execution/index.html
>>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/us/thomas-loden-mississippi-execution/?dicbo=v2-o51sutl&iid=ob_lockedrail_longstory_pool
>>
>> I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
>>
>> It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half
>> dead as
>> has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
>> injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
>> complain it hurts too much or something.
>>
> Guillotines were abandoned not for humanitarian reasons but because of
> squeamishness because it's the bloodiest means of execution possible.

One suspects that Drawn and Quartered is in competition for that "honor".

dirty old man.

Re: CNN: Execution by nitrogen gas is interesting

<atropos-5F5614.15072902032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177654&group=rec.arts.tv#177654

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 15:07:29 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 23:07 UTC

In article <ttr636$dafs$1@dont-email.me>,
David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2023-03-02 2:31 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Mar 2, 2023 at 12:05:18 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> It's a method you can get in Mississippi, but not yet Alabama. It does
> >> seem to be a more absolute method than lethal injection, there is no
> >> question of botching it, the person will die. This might also be a
> >> good way of exterminating things like cockroaches and bedbugs. Seal up
> >> the abode, fill it with nitrogen gas for a few hours.

> > I've always been an advocate of bringing back the guillotine.
> >
> > It's 100% effective-- no botched executions that leave someone half dead as
> > has happened with the electric chair and the firing squad and lethal
> > injection-- and it's effectively instantaneous, so the activists can't
> > complain it hurts too much or something.

> Guillotines were abandoned not for humanitarian reasons but because of
> squeamishness because it's the bloodiest means of execution possible.

Well, you don't have to make a public spectacle of it like they did in
the French Revolution, if that's a consideration.

And no, I think drawing and quartering is a bit bloodier than the
guillotine.