From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Judi Dench can no longer read
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 04:33:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 04:33 UTC

I watch The Graham Norton Show if I'm interested in the guests. We get
the show more than a week behind it airs on the Beeb. You don't expect
something sad and critical to be said in conversation.

Judy Dench has had macular degenerative eye disease for a decade and
it's gotten to the point that she can no longer read. She said she has a
photographic memory and never had trouble memorizing scripts in the past.

She said the dialogue can't just be read to her for she has to
understand where the line is on the page and where the page is in the
script to remember the line.

The other guests were Hugh Jackman, Michael B. Jordan, and Eugene Levy.

This was the episode just after Valentine's Day.

Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas showed up later to promote another Ant
Man movie.

She's 88.

Re: Judi Dench can no longer read

<8b%LL.1734192$GNG9.1298761@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177542&group=rec.arts.tv#177542

Subject: Re: Judi Dench can no longer read
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 04:49:40 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 10:49 UTC

On 3/1/23 10:33 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> I watch The Graham Norton Show if I'm interested in the guests. We get
> the show more than a week behind it airs on the Beeb. You don't expect
> something sad and critical to be said in conversation.
>
> Judy Dench has had macular degenerative eye disease for a decade and
> it's gotten to the point that she can no longer read. She said she has a
> photographic memory and never had trouble memorizing scripts in the past.
>
> She said the dialogue can't just be read to her for she has to
> understand where the line is on the page and where the page is in the
> script to remember the line.
>
> The other guests were Hugh Jackman, Michael B. Jordan, and Eugene Levy.
>
> This was the episode just after Valentine's Day.
>
> Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas showed up later to promote another Ant
> Man movie.
>
> She's 88.

She doesn't strike me as stupid, although you do. Text to speech has
been available for some time now.

https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/

Both Jane and Sara look hot as hell.

Re: Judi Dench can no longer read

<a5d5c9fb-4c93-4e33-84e4-cf75ee9e2e28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177570&group=rec.arts.tv#177570

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 06:08:14 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:08 UTC

On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 5:49:45 AM UTC-5, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/1/23 10:33 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > I watch The Graham Norton Show if I'm interested in the guests. We get
> > the show more than a week behind it airs on the Beeb. You don't expect
> > something sad and critical to be said in conversation.
> >
> > Judy Dench has had macular degenerative eye disease for a decade and
> > it's gotten to the point that she can no longer read. She said she has a
> > photographic memory and never had trouble memorizing scripts in the past.
> >
> > She said the dialogue can't just be read to her for she has to
> > understand where the line is on the page and where the page is in the
> > script to remember the line.
> >
> > The other guests were Hugh Jackman, Michael B. Jordan, and Eugene Levy.
> >
> > This was the episode just after Valentine's Day.
> >
> > Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas showed up later to promote another Ant
> > Man movie.
> >
> > She's 88.

> She doesn't strike me as stupid, although you do. Text to speech has
> been available for some time now.

The 25$ 2nd hand Craigslist chromebook being used to compose this post with *speech to text* also has **text to speech** built-in native.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Chromebook-Educational-Computer-Display/dp/B07RN8SSTJ/ref=sr_1_3

(Select text to highlight, right click for menu, listen to selected text)

tags: i call that a bargain, the best I ever had