From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Alert: Alaska Daily
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 16:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 16:37 UTC

If anyone cares, Alaska Daily returns from hiatus. For whatever reason,
ABC held it back a week.

The five unaired episodes of the 11-episode order will air each Thursday
in March at 10 pm ET.

In our last episode, in a DRAMATIC plot complication that has nothing
whatsoever to do with any of the other plots, Eileen got shot by her
stalker. The stalker story arc has no merit and it hurts the other
stories the series is allegedly trying to tell, not that they're making
much effort on any of them.

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<885813767.699468812.149339.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177591&group=rec.arts.tv#177591

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Alert: Alaska Daily
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 11:18:58 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 18:18 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> If anyone cares, Alaska Daily returns from hiatus. For whatever reason,
> ABC held it back a week.
>
> The five unaired episodes of the 11-episode order will air each Thursday
> in March at 10 pm ET.
>
> In our last episode, in a DRAMATIC plot complication that has nothing
> whatsoever to do with any of the other plots, Eileen got shot by her
> stalker. The stalker story arc has no merit and it hurts the other
> stories the series is allegedly trying to tell, not that they're making
> much effort on any of them.

She got shot? I thought she was just holding her at bay in the gigantic
news room. Or maybe we heard a shot but didn’t see what happened.

Thanks for the heads up.

The DVR says episode six, the last one, is available on Hulu or ABC on
demand. But it won’t let me watch it on Hulu. So I’ve launched ABC on
demand to check the end. I am betting it won’t let me fast forward.

OK there are huge red letters at the start that say I can’t fast forward.
But I can fast forward. At least until I get to an ad break.

It says it’s going to have five ad breaks.

The first ad break has had five commercials so far and one of them, for a
drug, was two minutes long all by itself.

And
OMG
The last ad in the ad break is an ad for Alaska daily!

at the 17 minute mark the second ad break begins.
Verizon
An unpronounceable drug.
Obnoxious people shop at TJ Maxx.
Some sort of weird crossover ad for obnoxious people buying things with
MasterCard while dressed like they were in Wakanda forever.
Domino’s Pizza superheroes.
I guess this is an ad for American idol.
And finally the show begins again at the 21 minute mark.

And something like three minutes later we get the third ad break. Wow. And
it seems to be all the same ads again.

A couple ad breaks later Ving Rhames is trying to sell me an Arby’s garlic
steak burger that looks pretty damn good.

OK only one more ad break before the senses shattering episode finale.

Here’s an ad for the company you keep the sexiest show on TV.

Finally the final act of the last episode.

11 minutes to go. It’s bad poetry night. It’s a benefit. Eight minutes to
go. OK they’re back in the cavernous news room with seven minutes to go.

Oh, I had forgotten all this crap about how they look for blonde girls more
than they do for dark girls when the cases weren’t complete remotely
comparable.

People buy the stupid little tiny newspaper off of dispensers on the
street.

Four minutes to go.

2 1/2 minutes. Our heroine is alone in the football stadium size news room.
Nobody locks the door at night.

One minute and 49 seconds. We hear the sound of the front door closing.

One minute and 29 seconds. The stalker introduces himself!

OK, the stocker whups out his gun and it goes to black. There are no shots
fired.

They spend the last minute talking to the camera lying about news coverage
based on hair color.

OK in the previews for the next episode (tonight), we see all kinds of swat
people, and it ends by going to black with “shots fired“ but we have no
idea who shot what. Although I like the guy fact that the stalker is saying
how she’s printing lies and suppressing the truth when in fact, we just saw
that that’s exactly what she’s doing.

I’m not sure if I’m gonna watch another episode of this crap or not.

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<e7020ilnjqk9j81orai3079e0abe9sctd7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177605&group=rec.arts.tv#177605

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 15:08:27 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:08 UTC

On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 11:18:58 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> If anyone cares, Alaska Daily returns from hiatus. For whatever reason,
>> ABC held it back a week.
>>
>> The five unaired episodes of the 11-episode order will air each Thursday
>> in March at 10 pm ET.
>>
>> In our last episode, in a DRAMATIC plot complication that has nothing
>> whatsoever to do with any of the other plots, Eileen got shot by her
>> stalker. The stalker story arc has no merit and it hurts the other
>> stories the series is allegedly trying to tell, not that they're making
>> much effort on any of them.
>>

>She got shot? I thought she was just holding her at bay in the gigantic
>news room. Or maybe we heard a shot but didn’t see what happened.

I think the latter is what we were left with as I don't remember
seeing her getting shot.

>Thanks for the heads up.
>
>The DVR says episode six, the last one, is available on Hulu or ABC on
>demand. But it won’t let me watch it on Hulu. So I’ve launched ABC on
>demand to check the end. I am betting it won’t let me fast forward.
>
>OK there are huge red letters at the start that say I can’t fast forward.
>But I can fast forward. At least until I get to an ad break.

But they told you that you can't fast forward so you were breaking the
rules by fast forwarding. Such a wild child thinking the rules don't
apply to you.

>It says it’s going to have five ad breaks.

That's a nice bit of warning so you can plan ahead.

>The first ad break has had five commercials so far and one of them, for a
>drug, was two minutes long all by itself.

Was the drug a sleep aid? I have to imagine a two minute commercial
was leaving you a bit sleepy by the end.

>And
>OMG
>The last ad in the ad break is an ad for Alaska daily!

Hey, have you heard of this new show? It's all about a small newspaper
located in Alaska and a big city reporter that ends up working there.
It's fresh and worth your time checking it out.

>at the 17 minute mark the second ad break begins.
>Verizon
>An unpronounceable drug.
>Obnoxious people shop at TJ Maxx.
>Some sort of weird crossover ad for obnoxious people buying things with
>MasterCard while dressed like they were in Wakanda forever.
>Domino’s Pizza superheroes.
>I guess this is an ad for American idol.
>And finally the show begins again at the 21 minute mark.
>
>And something like three minutes later we get the third ad break. Wow. And
>it seems to be all the same ads again.

Just in case you left the room on the last ad break.

>A couple ad breaks later Ving Rhames is trying to sell me an Arby’s garlic
>steak burger that looks pretty damn good.
>
>OK only one more ad break before the senses shattering episode finale.
>
>Here’s an ad for the company you keep the sexiest show on TV.
>
>Finally the final act of the last episode.
>
>11 minutes to go. It’s bad poetry night. It’s a benefit. Eight minutes to
>go. OK they’re back in the cavernous news room with seven minutes to go.
>
>Oh, I had forgotten all this crap about how they look for blonde girls more
>than they do for dark girls when the cases weren’t complete remotely
>comparable.
>
>People buy the stupid little tiny newspaper off of dispensers on the
>street.
>
>Four minutes to go.
>
>2 1/2 minutes. Our heroine is alone in the football stadium size news room.
>Nobody locks the door at night.
>
>One minute and 49 seconds. We hear the sound of the front door closing.
>
>One minute and 29 seconds. The stalker introduces himself!
>
>OK, the stocker whups out his gun and it goes to black. There are no shots
>fired.
>
>They spend the last minute talking to the camera lying about news coverage
>based on hair color.
>
>OK in the previews for the next episode (tonight), we see all kinds of swat
>people, and it ends by going to black with “shots fired“ but we have no
>idea who shot what. Although I like the guy fact that the stalker is saying
>how she’s printing lies and suppressing the truth when in fact, we just saw
>that that’s exactly what she’s doing.
>

>I’m not sure if I’m gonna watch another episode of this crap or not.

but how will you know how the "shooting" turns out if you don't watch?

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<ttr16m$cqmo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177615&group=rec.arts.tv#177615

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:33:27 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:33 UTC

On 2023-03-02 16:37:06 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> If anyone cares, Alaska Daily returns from hiatus. For whatever reason,
> ABC held it back a week.

Hey! Where are your "Your Honor" season #2 reviews?!!

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<ttr189$cl3c$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177617&group=rec.arts.tv#177617

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:34:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:34 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Hey! Where are your "Your Honor" season #2 reviews?!!

I'll get to them. I'm weeks behind on several shows right now.

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<1327028982.699483752.341743.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177620&group=rec.arts.tv#177620

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:20:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 21:20 UTC

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 11:18:58 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>> If anyone cares, Alaska Daily returns from hiatus. For whatever reason,
>>> ABC held it back a week.
>>>
>>> The five unaired episodes of the 11-episode order will air each Thursday
>>> in March at 10 pm ET.
>>>
>>> In our last episode, in a DRAMATIC plot complication that has nothing
>>> whatsoever to do with any of the other plots, Eileen got shot by her
>>> stalker. The stalker story arc has no merit and it hurts the other
>>> stories the series is allegedly trying to tell, not that they're making
>>> much effort on any of them.
>>>

>> She got shot? I thought she was just holding her at bay in the gigantic
>> news room. Or maybe we heard a shot but didn’t see what happened.
>
> I think the latter is what we were left with as I don't remember
> seeing her getting shot.
>
>> Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>> The DVR says episode six, the last one, is available on Hulu or ABC on
>> demand. But it won’t let me watch it on Hulu. So I’ve launched ABC on
>> demand to check the end. I am betting it won’t let me fast forward.
>>
>> OK there are huge red letters at the start that say I can’t fast forward.
>> But I can fast forward. At least until I get to an ad break.
>
> But they told you that you can't fast forward so you were breaking the
> rules by fast forwarding. Such a wild child thinking the rules don't
> apply to you.
>
>> It says it’s going to have five ad breaks.
>
> That's a nice bit of warning so you can plan ahead.
>
>> The first ad break has had five commercials so far and one of them, for a
>> drug, was two minutes long all by itself.
>
> Was the drug a sleep aid? I have to imagine a two minute commercial
> was leaving you a bit sleepy by the end.

Lol

>> And
>> OMG
>> The last ad in the ad break is an ad for Alaska daily!
>
> Hey, have you heard of this new show? It's all about a small newspaper
> located in Alaska and a big city reporter that ends up working there.
> It's fresh and worth your time checking it out.

If they said that, they lied! They lied like the pig dogs they are!

>> at the 17 minute mark the second ad break begins.
>> Verizon
>> An unpronounceable drug.
>> Obnoxious people shop at TJ Maxx.
>> Some sort of weird crossover ad for obnoxious people buying things with
>> MasterCard while dressed like they were in Wakanda forever.
>> Domino’s Pizza superheroes.
>> I guess this is an ad for American idol.
>> And finally the show begins again at the 21 minute mark.
>>
>> And something like three minutes later we get the third ad break. Wow. And
>> it seems to be all the same ads again.
>
> Just in case you left the room on the last ad break.
>

>> A couple ad breaks later Ving Rhames is trying to sell me an Arby’s garlic
>> steak burger that looks pretty damn good.
>>
>> OK only one more ad break before the senses shattering episode finale.
>>
>> Here’s an ad for the company you keep the sexiest show on TV.
>>
>> Finally the final act of the last episode.
>>
>> 11 minutes to go. It’s bad poetry night. It’s a benefit. Eight minutes to
>> go. OK they’re back in the cavernous news room with seven minutes to go.
>>
>> Oh, I had forgotten all this crap about how they look for blonde girls more
>> than they do for dark girls when the cases weren’t complete remotely
>> comparable.
>>
>> People buy the stupid little tiny newspaper off of dispensers on the
>> street.
>>
>> Four minutes to go.
>>
>> 2 1/2 minutes. Our heroine is alone in the football stadium size news room.
>> Nobody locks the door at night.
>>
>> One minute and 49 seconds. We hear the sound of the front door closing.
>>
>> One minute and 29 seconds. The stalker introduces himself!
>>
>> OK, the stocker whups out his gun and it goes to black. There are no shots
>> fired.
>>
>> They spend the last minute talking to the camera lying about news coverage
>> based on hair color.
>>
>> OK in the previews for the next episode (tonight), we see all kinds of swat
>> people, and it ends by going to black with “shots fired“ but we have no
>> idea who shot what. Although I like the guy fact that the stalker is saying
>> how she’s printing lies and suppressing the truth when in fact, we just saw
>> that that’s exactly what she’s doing.
>>

>> I’m not sure if I’m gonna watch another episode of this crap or not.
>
> but how will you know how the "shooting" turns out if you don't watch?

If she survives, I won’t be happy with the outcome.

Re: Alert: Alaska Daily

<1371917020.699540312.735794.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177721&group=rec.arts.tv#177721

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 05:46:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 12:46 UTC

I quit a little more than halfway through this weeks episode and told the
DVR not to bother with this garbage anymore.