From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.hollywood
Subject: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 09:51:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:51 UTC

Actor Will Smith claimed during an awards show this week that a white actor
spit on him while filming �Emancipation� for Apple TV+.

Smith was given the Beacon Award while appearing at the 14th annual African
American Film Critics Association Awards. The award is given to �a film that
serves as an example for other movies to follow,� said AAFCA�s Gil L.
Robertson.

��Emancipation� was the most individual difficult film of my entire career,�
Smith said. �It�s really difficult to transport a modern mind to that time
period. It�s difficult to imagine that, that level of inhumanity.�

Smith claimed that he was not supposed to be spit on during the scene and
that the actor just decided to do it. Smith did not name the actor.

�It was the second day of shooting and 110 degrees,� he said. �I was in a
scene with one of the white actors, and we had our lines, and the actor
decided to ad-lib. So, we�re doing the scene. I did my line. He did his line.
And then he ad-libbed and spit in the middle of my chest. If I had pearls on,
I definitely would�ve clutched them. I wanted to say, �Antoine,� but I
stopped, and I realized that Peter couldn�t have called the director.�

�I sat there, and I took a deep breath, and we did take two, and the actor
felt that the ad-lib had gone well. So, we do take two. I do my line. He does
his line and spits in the middle of my chest again. I just held in that
moment, and there was a part � it makes me teary right now � there was a part
of me that was grateful that I got to really understand. And then, in the
distance, I hear a voice, and Antoine says, �Hey, let�s do a take without the
spit.� And in that moment, I knew that God was real.�

Will Smith talks about being spit on during the filming of
EMANCIPATION while accepting the Beacon Award with Antoinw
Fuqua at the African American Film Critics Association Awards
(AAFCA).. @Variety @theaafca

Watch the full video on my TIKTOK. pic.twitter.com/eKYE89y6mX

� Clayton Davis (@ByClaytonDavis) March 2, 2023

[Was them name of the man who spat on you George Glass?]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming

<1979872213.699550526.767021.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177732&group=rec.arts.tv#177732

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.hollywood
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:38:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:38 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Actor Will Smith claimed during an awards show this week that a white actor
> spit on him while filming “Emancipation” for Apple TV+.
>
> Smith was given the Beacon Award while appearing at the 14th annual African
> American Film Critics Association Awards. The award is given to “a film that
> serves as an example for other movies to follow,” said AAFCA’s Gil L.
> Robertson.
>
> “‘Emancipation’ was the most individual difficult film of my entire career,”
> Smith said. “It’s really difficult to transport a modern mind to that time
> period. It’s difficult to imagine that, that level of inhumanity.”
>
> Smith claimed that he was not supposed to be spit on during the scene and
> that the actor just decided to do it. Smith did not name the actor.
>
> “It was the second day of shooting and 110 degrees,” he said. “I was in a
> scene with one of the white actors, and we had our lines, and the actor
> decided to ad-lib. So, we’re doing the scene. I did my line. He did his line.
> And then he ad-libbed and spit in the middle of my chest. If I had pearls on,
> I definitely would’ve clutched them. I wanted to say, ‘Antoine,’ but I
> stopped, and I realized that Peter couldn’t have called the director.”
>
> “I sat there, and I took a deep breath, and we did take two, and the actor
> felt that the ad-lib had gone well. So, we do take two. I do my line. He does
> his line and spits in the middle of my chest again. I just held in that
> moment, and there was a part — it makes me teary right now — there was a part
> of me that was grateful that I got to really understand. And then, in the
> distance, I hear a voice, and Antoine says, ‘Hey, let’s do a take without the
> spit.’ And in that moment, I knew that God was real.”
>
> Will Smith talks about being spit on during the filming of
> EMANCIPATION while accepting the Beacon Award with Antoinw
> Fuqua at the African American Film Critics Association Awards
> (AAFCA).. @Variety @theaafca
>
> Watch the full video on my TIKTOK. pic.twitter.com/eKYE89y6mX
>
> — Clayton Davis (@ByClaytonDavis) March 2, 2023
>
> [Was them name of the man who spat on you George Glass?]

And here I thought his insane son was simply insane because of his insane
mother.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming

<568b4844-9a80-448b-9b65-3cfbff6e223an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177735&group=rec.arts.tv#177735

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:12:26 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:12 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> He did his line. And then he ad-libbed and spit in the middle of my chest..
> If I had pearls on, I definitely would’ve clutched them.

When ad-libs go wrong...

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/41238/41509704.ece/AUTOCROP/w1880h1060/AWARDS-OSCARSSMITH

Re: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming

<atropos-754532.11221103032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177745&group=rec.arts.tv#177745

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.hollywood
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 11:22:11 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:22 UTC

In article <ttt1hs$lj57$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Actor Will Smith claimed during an awards show this week that a white actor
> spit on him while filming EMANCIPATION for Apple TV+.
>
> Smith was given the Beacon Award while appearing at the 14th annual African
> American Film Critics Association Awards. The award is given to "a film that
> serves as an example for other movies to follow," said AAFCA's Gil L.
> Robertson.
>
> "EMANCIPATION was the most individual difficult film of my entire career,"
> Smith said. "It's really difficult to transport a modern mind to that time
> period. It's difficult to imagine that, that level of inhumanity."
>
> Smith claimed that he was not supposed to be spit on during the scene and
> that the actor just decided to do it. Smith did not name the actor.

Ah, so if it happened at all, it was an in-character ad lib during the
actual shoot-- a slavemaster doing what a slavemaster would actually
have done back then.

That kinda puts a different spin on it.

> "It was the second day of shooting and 110 degrees," he said. "I was in a
> scene with one of the white actors, and we had our lines, and the actor
> decided to ad-lib. So, we're doing the scene. I did my line. He did his line.
> And then he ad-libbed and spit in the middle of my chest. If I had pearls on,
> I definitely would've clutched them. I wanted to say, 'Antoine', but I
> stopped, and I realized that Peter couldn't have called the director."
>
> "I sat there, and I took a deep breath, and we did take two, and the actor
> felt that the ad-lib had gone well. So, we do take two. I do my line. He does
> his line and spits in the middle of my chest again. I just held in that
> moment, and there was a part-- it makes me teary right now-- there was a part
> of me that was grateful that I got to really understand. And then, in the
> distance, I hear a voice, and Antoine says, 'Hey, let's do a take without the
> spit.' And in that moment, I knew that God was real."

So the guy did it once and rather than act like an adult and just tell
him that you'd prefer he not do it since it's unscripted, you sat there
silently experiencing all your actor bravery and let him do it again,
and *still* you said nothing and it was the director that stepped in
said they didn't need the ad lib.

You're such a hero, Will. Why didn't you just slap the guy? That's your
go-to move, after all.

Re: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming

<1512119920.699564698.750412.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177746&group=rec.arts.tv#177746

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.hollywood
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 12:34:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:34 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <ttt1hs$lj57$4@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Actor Will Smith claimed during an awards show this week that a white actor
>> spit on him while filming EMANCIPATION for Apple TV+.
>>
>> Smith was given the Beacon Award while appearing at the 14th annual African
>> American Film Critics Association Awards. The award is given to "a film that
>> serves as an example for other movies to follow," said AAFCA's Gil L.
>> Robertson.
>>
>> "EMANCIPATION was the most individual difficult film of my entire career,"
>> Smith said. "It's really difficult to transport a modern mind to that time
>> period. It's difficult to imagine that, that level of inhumanity."
>>
>> Smith claimed that he was not supposed to be spit on during the scene and
>> that the actor just decided to do it. Smith did not name the actor.
>
> Ah, so if it happened at all, it was an in-character ad lib during the
> actual shoot-- a slavemaster doing what a slavemaster would actually
> have done back then.
>
> That kinda puts a different spin on it.
>
>> "It was the second day of shooting and 110 degrees," he said. "I was in a
>> scene with one of the white actors, and we had our lines, and the actor
>> decided to ad-lib. So, we're doing the scene. I did my line. He did his line.
>> And then he ad-libbed and spit in the middle of my chest. If I had pearls on,
>> I definitely would've clutched them. I wanted to say, 'Antoine', but I
>> stopped, and I realized that Peter couldn't have called the director."
>>
>> "I sat there, and I took a deep breath, and we did take two, and the actor
>> felt that the ad-lib had gone well. So, we do take two. I do my line. He does
>> his line and spits in the middle of my chest again. I just held in that
>> moment, and there was a part-- it makes me teary right now-- there was a part
>> of me that was grateful that I got to really understand. And then, in the
>> distance, I hear a voice, and Antoine says, 'Hey, let's do a take without the
>> spit.' And in that moment, I knew that God was real."
>
> So the guy did it once and rather than act like an adult and just tell
> him that you'd prefer he not do it since it's unscripted, you sat there
> silently experiencing all your actor bravery and let him do it again,
> and *still* you said nothing and it was the director that stepped in
> said they didn't need the ad lib.
>
> You're such a hero, Will. Why didn't you just slap the guy? That's your
> go-to move, after all.

This is the very rare occasion when I would suggest that the world would be
a better place, if he would slap his wife and son.

Re: Will Smith Claims That "White Actor" Spit On Him While Filming

<UjuML.771658$t5W7.430059@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177757&group=rec.arts.tv#177757

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.hollywood
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:15:15 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:15 UTC

On 3/3/23 1:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ttt1hs$lj57$4@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Actor Will Smith claimed during an awards show this week that a white actor
>> spit on him while filming EMANCIPATION for Apple TV+.
>>
>> Smith was given the Beacon Award while appearing at the 14th annual African
>> American Film Critics Association Awards. The award is given to "a film that
>> serves as an example for other movies to follow," said AAFCA's Gil L.
>> Robertson.
>>
>> "EMANCIPATION was the most individual difficult film of my entire career,"
>> Smith said. "It's really difficult to transport a modern mind to that time
>> period. It's difficult to imagine that, that level of inhumanity."
>>
>> Smith claimed that he was not supposed to be spit on during the scene and
>> that the actor just decided to do it. Smith did not name the actor.
>
> Ah, so if it happened at all, it was an in-character ad lib during the
> actual shoot-- a slavemaster doing what a slavemaster would actually
> have done back then.
>
> That kinda puts a different spin on it.

Yes, you could write a book on it: "Method Acting for Assholes."