From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Removing The Mask: Hollywood Stars Call For An End To COVID Mandates
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 14:11:18 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:11 UTC

On Fri, 03 Mar 2023 11:14:47 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <ttt13h$lj57$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>So I started the online application only to find out that the rules in
>effect at every major studio and production company mandate that every
>job on a licensed production requires everyone to be double-vaxxed,
>quadruple boosted, and you must wear a mask at all times when the
>cameras are not rolling. You also have to take a Wuhan Flu test within
>72 hours of your call time (at your expense) and then take a second
>up-the-nose-and-scrape-the brain test each day of the shoot.

Double vaxed and quadruple boosted? Just how many shots is typical in
the US currently? In Canada most folks seem to have 2 shots plus 2 or
in a few cases 3 boosters but I don't know anybody at all with 4.

>> THE NANNY alum Fran Drescher, the current SAG-AFTRA president, excoriated
>> her peers for pursuing vaccine mandates long after their alleged usefulness
>> was exposed. She shared that message during the recent SAG Awards gala.
>>
>> SAG AFTRA, or the Screen Actors Guild-- American Federation of Television and
>> Radio Artists, is a labor union representing artists from across the creative
>> spectrum. Think movie stars, directors, models, and radio personalities.
>>
>> "As the nation declares an end to the COVID emergency this May, I hope we
>> will see everyone return to work in equal opportunity," she said during her
>> podium time, demanding an end of the "bullshit COVID vaccine mandates".

That must go over well with the True Believers (tm)
>> Her message came roughly the same time as Woody Harrelson uncorked a
>> SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE monologue that poked holes in the virus protocols we've
>> been forced to live under for years. The CHAMPIONS star shared a fictional,
>> funny story about a wacky script in which Big Pharma forced everyone to take
>> their medication or stay locked in their homes in perpetuity.

While I have not, all three of my children have at one time or another
(they are geographically well separated) had COVID or COVID like
infections but of minimal intensity as all had had at least 2 or 3
shots beforehand.
>> And Harrelson wasn't done disrupting Hollywood's lockstep COVID narrative. He
>> told The New York Times that a free country doesn't force its citizens to
>> take medicine against their will.
>>
>> "I don't think that anybody should have the right to demand that you're
>> forced to do the testing, forced to wear the mask, and forced to get
>> vaccinated three years on," he said. "I'm just like, let's be done with this
>> nonsense. It's not fair to the crews. I don't have to wear the mask. Why
>> should they? Why should they have to be vaccinated? How's that not up to the
>> individual? I shouldn't be talking about this [expletive]."

Sure studios should - whose studio is it anyhow? I'd be interested in
knowing to what extent this is being driven by insurance companies.
>> Then, the BULL DURHAM star reached out to other people who questioned the
>> narratives embraced in near uniformity by Hollywood, Inc. And something
>> didn't feel right, especially when we learned the vaccines neither prevented
>> transmission nor stopped the recipient from becoming infected.

Again one wonders how much of this is insurance driven.
>> "I wish you could see the smiles on the faces in my audience. And I wish I
>> could, too. Because they're still wearing masks."

Other than in medical clinics few are wearing masks around here.
That's kinda reasonable since you can expect to find a higher
proportion of compromised people in clinics than in society generally.
>> Colbert may represent the industry's rigid groupthink on the matter. When
>> Colbert, a reliably progressive voice, learned that the Department of Energy
>> determined the lab leak theory tied to COVID is the likely source of the
>> outbreak he did all he could to deny the truth.

If it ever is considered DEFINITE (as opposed to suspected) economic
sanctions are definitely called for. Which is presumably why China is
so unforthcoming with information and cooperation with researchers.
>> No matter what Drescher, Harrelson, or Robbins think, the industry's COVID
>> protocols will stay in place through April 1... if not longer.

Is anybody in Hollywood winding things up at all? If so I've not heard
of it.

Re: Removing The Mask: Hollywood Stars Call For An End To COVID Mandates

<ttvj86$1020x$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177837&group=rec.arts.tv#177837

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 14:18:22 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:18 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
>On Fri, 03 Mar 2023 11:14:47 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>So I started the online application only to find out that the rules in
>>effect at every major studio and production company mandate that every
>>job on a licensed production requires everyone to be double-vaxxed,
>>quadruple boosted, and you must wear a mask at all times when the
>>cameras are not rolling. You also have to take a Wuhan Flu test within
>>72 hours of your call time (at your expense) and then take a second
>>up-the-nose-and-scrape-the brain test each day of the shoot.
>
>Double vaxed and quadruple boosted? Just how many shots is typical in
>the US currently? In Canada most folks seem to have 2 shots plus 2 or
>in a few cases 3 boosters but I don't know anybody at all with 4.

The time I was paying attention, we were at the 4th or 5th booster.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Removing The Mask: Hollywood Stars Call For An End To COVID Mandates

<d1NML.928853$gGD7.31613@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177842&group=rec.arts.tv#177842

Subject: Re: Removing The Mask: Hollywood Stars Call For An End To COVID
Mandates
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 13:32:24 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:32 UTC

On 3/4/23 1:18 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> lcraver@home.ca wrote:
>> On Fri, 03 Mar 2023 11:14:47 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> So I started the online application only to find out that the rules in
>>> effect at every major studio and production company mandate that every
>>> job on a licensed production requires everyone to be double-vaxxed,
>>> quadruple boosted, and you must wear a mask at all times when the
>>> cameras are not rolling. You also have to take a Wuhan Flu test within
>>> 72 hours of your call time (at your expense) and then take a second
>>> up-the-nose-and-scrape-the brain test each day of the shoot.
>>
>> Double vaxed and quadruple boosted? Just how many shots is typical in
>> the US currently? In Canada most folks seem to have 2 shots plus 2 or
>> in a few cases 3 boosters but I don't know anybody at all with 4.
>
> The time I was paying attention, we were at the 4th or 5th booster.

Perhaps, but obviously a brain eating amoeba finished you off eons ago.