They just buzzed and buzzed...buzzed.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

SubjectAuthor
* "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer OUbiquitous
+* Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As ExtendedBill Idgerant
|+* Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All SummThe Horny Goat
||+- Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All SummA Friend
||`* Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced Asanim8rfsk
|| `- Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extendedtrotsky
|`- Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extendedtrotsky
`- Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extendedtrotsky

1
"Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<ttr0a1$ch4i$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177609&group=rec.arts.tv#177609

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.gameshows,alt.tv.game-shows
Subject: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 15:18:09 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:18 UTC

Many �Jeopardy!� fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will serve
as the game show�s extended host over Ken Jennings for the rest of the spring
and summer season.

There�s been a lot of drama as the network attempted to replace the
incomparable longtime host Alex Trebek, who died in 2020. Eventually,
�Jeopardy!� producers settled on a combination of both Jennings and Bialik to
co-host the trivia show indefinitely. But now many viewers are upset that
Jennings won�t host �Jeopardy!� in the upcoming months.

�Jeopardy� producer Sarah Foss said on the podcast �Inside Jeopardy!� that
Jennings would host episodes airing March 10 through April 28 and Bialik
would �take over on May 1, and she�ll take us all the way through the
summer,� per The Daily Mail.

Twitter users didn�t hold back with their feelings about the decision.

�Jeopardy, stop trying to make Mayim happen. It�s not going to happen,� one
user fumed.

�No one likes Mayim Bialik as host. Everyone loves Ken Jennings,� another
account observed. �I�m not sure why ABC almost seemingly gets off on
continuing to bring Mayim back. In an age of test audiences, polls and every
other metric you can think of, why does #Jeopardy blatantly disrespect their
viewership?�

�Mayim is objectively not a good host. She�s robotic and awkward and hard to
watch after months of Ken, who has really leaned into the role,� another
commenter added.

There were also viewers who enjoyed seeing Bialik as host and shot back
against her critics. One fan argued, �Mayim does a great job hosting. Some
folks just can�t deal with a woman hosting a game show. I look forward to the
Mayim shows.�

Jennings became famous following his record-breaking run on the show in 2004.
During that time, he won 74 consecutive games of �Jeopardy!� and became the
highest-earning contestant ever, winning more than $2.5 million. Jennings
went on to participate in multiple contest spinoffs before accepting his
current position as co-host following Trebek�s death.

Bilaik, meanwhile, is an Emmy Award-winning actress best known for appearing
on the NBC sitcom �Blossom� and the hit CBS comedy �The Big Bang Theory.�

The actress previously said she was surprised at how perceptive and critical
the �Jeopardy!� audience can be. �There�s a tremendous amount of attention to
everything, from the transition after Alex passed to me, and then me and Ken,
and then the clothing I wear,� she said during a November 2022 interview with
TV Insider.

Prior to the final decision to let Jennings and Bialik take turns hosting
�Jeopardy!� show producers tried out a variety of options for Trebek�s
replacement, including LeVar Burton, Robin Roberts, Savannah Guthrie, George
Stephanopoulos, Aaron Rodgers, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Anderson Cooper, and Dr.
Mehmet Oz, plus others.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<%UqML.919204$gGD7.671360@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177743&group=rec.arts.tv#177743

Subject: Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended
Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.gameshows,alt.tv.game-shows
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:21:46 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:21 UTC

On 2023-03-02 1:18 p.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
> Many “Jeopardy!” fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will serve
SNIP

I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
quick and flexible. Bialik is none of these. Stiff, robotic,
uninteresting and formulaic. She has only one response to a Daily
Double: " A Daily Double! How much would you like to wager?" And she
never offers a review of the situation going into Final. Jennings will
always indicate that "anything can happen" or "your wagers are all
important now" or "It's far from a runaway", etc.

--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<brq40ihjvl8d6qqo0kla2tvkqm4tni1hv3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177749&group=rec.arts.tv#177749

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 13:52:57 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 21:52 UTC

On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:21:46 -0700, Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net>
wrote:

>On 2023-03-02 1:18 p.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Many “Jeopardy!” fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will serve
>SNIP
>
>I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
>quick and flexible. Bialik is none of these. Stiff, robotic,
>uninteresting and formulaic. She has only one response to a Daily
>Double: " A Daily Double! How much would you like to wager?" And she
>never offers a review of the situation going into Final. Jennings will
>always indicate that "anything can happen" or "your wagers are all
>important now" or "It's far from a runaway", etc.

The one thing she undeniably beats Jennings on is that she looks
really good in a dress. (Not that I'm expecting Jennings to try!)

Jennings is animated and has done a few ad libs without embarassment.

When I think of the great game show hosts of yesteryear besides Trebek
(Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Monty Hall) there's no question personality
wise which of the two most matches that personality wise (and no I
don't mean physically)

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<030320231737224172%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177761&group=rec.arts.tv#177761

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 17:37:22 -0500
 by: A Friend - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:37 UTC

In article <brq40ihjvl8d6qqo0kla2tvkqm4tni1hv3@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:21:46 -0700, Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On 2023-03-02 1:18 p.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
> >> Many “Jeopardy!” fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will serve
> >SNIP
> >
> >I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
> >quick and flexible. Bialik is none of these. Stiff, robotic,
> >uninteresting and formulaic. She has only one response to a Daily
> >Double: " A Daily Double! How much would you like to wager?" And she
> >never offers a review of the situation going into Final. Jennings will
> >always indicate that "anything can happen" or "your wagers are all
> >important now" or "It's far from a runaway", etc.
>
> The one thing she undeniably beats Jennings on is that she looks
> really good in a dress. (Not that I'm expecting Jennings to try!)
>
> Jennings is animated and has done a few ad libs without embarassment.
>
> When I think of the great game show hosts of yesteryear besides Trebek
> (Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Monty Hall) there's no question personality
> wise which of the two most matches that personality wise (and no I
> don't mean physically)

I think she's fine. So is Ken. The real problem here is that the show
had all kinds of time to get ready for losing Alex, but it doesn't seem
to have prepared much for that at all. Now it doesn't seem to want to
make a decision between Mayim, Ken or someone else. This is bad.

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<6TuML.1670820$vBI8.1557407@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177765&group=rec.arts.tv#177765

Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.gameshows,alt.tv.game-shows
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:52:50 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:52 UTC

On 3/3/23 12:21 PM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2023-03-02 1:18 p.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Many “Jeopardy!” fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will
>> serve
> SNIP
>
> I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
> quick and flexible.

Jennings has one glaring flaw: nobody but him gives a shit about how
much is wagered. He does it over and over and over and over. Dim bulbs
don't seem to notice or care though. The misogyny is a nice touch
though, you'll have Anim8r in your corner.

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<1468924957.699579670.014683.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177770&group=rec.arts.tv#177770

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As
Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 17:12:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 00:12 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:21:46 -0700, Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-03-02 1:18 p.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Many “Jeopardy!” fans are not pleased to learn that Mayim Bialik will serve
>> SNIP
>>
>> I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
>> quick and flexible. Bialik is none of these. Stiff, robotic,
>> uninteresting and formulaic. She has only one response to a Daily
>> Double: " A Daily Double! How much would you like to wager?" And she
>> never offers a review of the situation going into Final. Jennings will
>> always indicate that "anything can happen" or "your wagers are all
>> important now" or "It's far from a runaway", etc.
>
> The one thing she undeniably beats Jennings on is that she looks
> really good in a dress.

You’ve got to be kidding. On big bang she look like 30 pounds of potatoes
in a 20 pound sack.

(Not that I'm expecting Jennings to try!)

> Jennings is animated and has done a few ad libs without embarassment.
>
> When I think of the great game show hosts of yesteryear besides Trebek
> (Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Monty Hall) there's no question personality
> wise which of the two most matches that personality wise (and no I
> don't mean physically)

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<YyGML.919255$MVg8.206909@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177794&group=rec.arts.tv#177794

Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 06:10:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:10 UTC

On 3/3/23 6:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 11:21:46 -0700, Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net>
>> wrote:

>>> SNIP
>>>
>>> I agree with the complaints. Jennings is easy going, clever, funny,
>>> quick and flexible. Bialik is none of these. Stiff, robotic,
>>> uninteresting and formulaic. She has only one response to a Daily
>>> Double: " A Daily Double! How much would you like to wager?" And she
>>> never offers a review of the situation going into Final. Jennings will
>>> always indicate that "anything can happen" or "your wagers are all
>>> important now" or "It's far from a runaway", etc.
>>
>> The one thing she undeniably beats Jennings on is that she looks
>> really good in a dress.
>
> You’ve got to be kidding. On big bang she look like 30 pounds of potatoes
> in a 20 pound sack.

There's the misogyny from the resident gay man I was expecting.
Obviously Mayim couldn't hold a candle to the strapping young men on the
show for Anim8r.

Re: "Jeopardy!" Fans Divided As Mayim Bialik Announced As Extended Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings

<O0HML.983707$8_id.643010@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177797&group=rec.arts.tv#177797

Host All Summer Over Ken Jennings
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 06:42:22 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:42 UTC

On 3/3/23 10:20 PM, RichA wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The actress previously said she was surprised at how perceptive and critical
>> the “Jeopardy!” audience can be. “There’s a tremendous amount of attention to
>> everything, from the transition after Alex passed to me, and then me and Ken,
>> and then the clothing I wear,” she said during a November 2022 interview with
>> TV Insider.
>>
>> Prior to the final decision to let Jennings and Bialik take turns hosting
>> “Jeopardy!” show producers tried out a variety of options for Trebek’s
>> replacement, including LeVar Burton, Robin Roberts, Savannah Guthrie, George
>> Stephanopoulos, Aaron Rodgers, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Anderson Cooper, and Dr.
>> Mehmet Oz, plus others.
>>
>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!
>
> Get this guy. It would be like watching someone hold court over an audience of chimps.

I thought they already did this at CPAC.