From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-03 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

I watched:

GLENN BECK

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

CHAD PRATHER

DDD:
This was playing while I ate at Takko. I noticed that there was a disclaimer
at the end about Guy the Douche owning some of the diners he reviewed in that
ep. Hmmm...

MST3K:
"Doctor Mordrid". In this cheap rip off of Doctor Strange, a sorcerer must
defend the Earth and it's plane of existence from a wizard (hey, it's Lex
Luger!) who seeks to summon extra-dimensional invaders. Sadly, not even
jeffrey Combs as the lead was enough to save it.

FAMILY GUY:
Several eps.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-03 (Friday)

<ttvv2c$119kv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177821&group=rec.arts.tv#177821

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-03 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:27:40 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 17:27 UTC

On 2023-03-04 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I finally limped into my first Spring Break of the year! (I kid: I
actually did get work done on Friday - enough that I may take Saturday
(mostly?) "off"...)

But I was tired enough that I mostly listened to music, so I only got
through two things on TeeVee...:

The Ark (recorded) - "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back" (ep. #5).
Fully covered in Anim's separate thread, so just go there!
I will say this - while episode #4 was disappointing and dumb, this
episode was back to being "dumb, but fun". I mostly enjoyed this one,
execrable science excepted.
But this ep. finally gives us some answers, like on the murder
mystery, and seems to resolve (for now) the issues with Lane-vs-Garnet.

She Inherited Danger (Lifetime) - This was pretty darn mediocre and mild.
The good news is that Sarah Fisher, who did seem to be putting on
weight at some point, looks to have taken all the weight off again -
this is important if she wants to keep working. For example, Karis
Cameron started putting on weight, and I notice that she hasn't gotten
a new Lifetime gig lately, so it might have torpedoed her career...
Anyway, Fisher's character inherits a smaall town movie theater. For
various reasons, she collects a motley crew of misfits, some of whom
may actually be dangerous. When she decides to keep the theater rather
than sell it, she encounters "pushback", some of which may actually
cause her harm.
Meh.

Recorded for later: Just GH.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-03 (Friday)

<tu09qj$129v8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177846&group=rec.arts.tv#177846

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:31:14 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 20:31 UTC

On 3/4/2023 9:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-03-04 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I finally limped into my first Spring Break of the year! (I kid: I
> actually did get work done on Friday - enough that I may take Saturday
> (mostly?) "off"...)
>
> But I was tired enough that I mostly listened to music, so I only got
> through two things on TeeVee...:
>
> The Ark (recorded) - "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back" (ep. #5).
>   Fully covered in Anim's separate thread, so just go there!
>   I will say this - while episode #4 was disappointing and dumb, this
> episode was back to being "dumb, but fun". I mostly enjoyed this one,
> execrable science excepted.
>   But this ep. finally gives us some answers, like on the murder
> mystery,

Now that you mention it, *why* was what's his name murdered again?

and seems to resolve (for now) the issues with Lane-vs-Garnet.

> She Inherited Danger (Lifetime) - This was pretty darn mediocre and mild.
>   The good news is that Sarah Fisher, who did seem to be putting on
> weight at some point, looks to have taken all the weight off again -
> this is important if she wants to keep working. For example, Karis
> Cameron started putting on weight, and I notice that she hasn't gotten a
> new Lifetime gig lately, so it might have torpedoed her career...
>   Anyway, Fisher's character inherits a smaall town movie theater. For
> various reasons, she collects a motley crew of misfits, some of whom may
> actually be dangerous. When she decides to keep the theater rather than
> sell it, she encounters "pushback", some of which may actually cause her
> harm.
>   Meh.
>

> Recorded for later: Just GH.

I watched:

The Flash - "The Mask of the Red Death, Part 1" - I considered waiting
until next week and watching both episodes back to back. But after
giving it some thought I realized that would mean watching two episodes
of this mess back to back. I don't need that in my life! So I powered
through this episode.

Raging Fire (4K disc) 2021 Crime movie starring Donnie Yen as a by the
books Hong Kong cop trying to take down a gang of robbers. Except the
crime gang is made up of ex-cops fresh out of prison after having been
sent their by Yen, and they want revenge on their old friends. The
movie seemed like it was channeling "Heat" at times. I guess it was OK
movie, but I wasn't always giving it my full attention.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-03 (Friday)

<1473608596.699662190.637550.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177856&group=rec.arts.tv#177856

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 15:37:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 22:37 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 3/4/2023 9:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2023-03-04 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I finally limped into my first Spring Break of the year! (I kid: I
>> actually did get work done on Friday - enough that I may take Saturday
>> (mostly?) "off"...)
>>
>> But I was tired enough that I mostly listened to music, so I only got
>> through two things on TeeVee...:
>>
>> The Ark (recorded) - "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back" (ep. #5).
>>   Fully covered in Anim's separate thread, so just go there!
>>   I will say this - while episode #4 was disappointing and dumb, this
>> episode was back to being "dumb, but fun". I mostly enjoyed this one,
>> execrable science excepted.
>>   But this ep. finally gives us some answers, like on the murder
>> mystery,
>

> Now that you mention it, *why* was what's his name murdered again?
>
> and seems to resolve (for now) the issues with Lane-vs-Garnet.
>>
>> She Inherited Danger (Lifetime) - This was pretty darn mediocre and mild.
>>   The good news is that Sarah Fisher, who did seem to be putting on
>> weight at some point, looks to have taken all the weight off again -
>> this is important if she wants to keep working. For example, Karis
>> Cameron started putting on weight, and I notice that she hasn't gotten a
>> new Lifetime gig lately, so it might have torpedoed her career...
>>   Anyway, Fisher's character inherits a smaall town movie theater. For
>> various reasons, she collects a motley crew of misfits, some of whom may
>> actually be dangerous. When she decides to keep the theater rather than
>> sell it, she encounters "pushback", some of which may actually cause her
>> harm.
>>   Meh.
>>

>> Recorded for later: Just GH.
>>

> I watched:
>

> The Flash - "The Mask of the Red Death, Part 1" - I considered waiting
> until next week and watching both episodes back to back. But after
> giving it some thought I realized that would mean watching two episodes
> of this mess back to back. I don't need that in my life! So I powered
> through this episode.

I went the other way and saved it, in hopes, I might have a stroke or
something and never watch it at all.